125 Camp Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redgravycafe.com/
- Phone: 5045618844x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekday brunch 8am - 2pm
Weekend brunch 8am - 2pm
Dinner Thurs, Fri & Sat. 6-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Roseann Melisi Rostoker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Anything from the regular menu is available. Custom menus available.
- Entertainment: Live music Saturday and Sunday brunch
A word from Red Gravy
Cozy restaurant serving rustic Italian cuisine using recipes from my family. Red Gravy is a proud Farm to Table house, sourcing most ingredients from local farmers, fishers and bakers. All pasta is handmade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Red Gravy - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Red Gravy reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (13)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Second Visito2bntxDined on 9/27/2014We took my daughter and nephew here after a first dinner in April. Just as good, great wait staff, very falvorful food, excellent Manahattan/Rocks, and the Cacciucco was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Red GravyMimito2girlsDined on 9/27/2014We went to dinner on Saturday at 6:30 PM. We had a party of three my husband, myself and a friend. They loved the food, the ambience is absolutely adorable and Kai was an amazing waitress. I am more of a picky eater & only drink bud light or corona light so I didn't eat anything. I had brougt my water bottle so all was fine. I would love to just have the option of getting a plain steak with nothing on it. For drinks I would've loved a different variety of the domestic beers preferably a Bud Light:)! We plan to come back. They ate meat and cheese tray and absolutely loved it of course the garlic bread was amazing then my husband got the Saltimbuco and our friend got the Bolognese. This was our first time ever for all of us. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent weekend brunchStantheManDined on 9/26/2014Weekend brunch food and drink specials are really good. Reservations recommended as there is no indoor space for waiting and there is construction outside the door.Special Features:
- Loved the food but not the red winecea1Dined on 9/18/2014Quirky and cute small restaurant -went with party of 5. Wait staff attentive. They need a major overhaul of their red wine list- I kid you not -one of the wines tasted absolutely awful- with all the amazing wines available in the world-there must be some that would be in the price range that their regular customers would like- I suggest going to one top restaurants and asking manager who they use for wine purchase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchTNGnashvilleVIPDined on 9/6/2014A local couple overheard us asking someone where. Good place for brunch was and they interrupted us saying we had to go to Red Gravy. I am so glad they did!! Just off of Canal Street, it was easy to find and get to. The restaurant is pretty small but it is great! So charming and you really had this cosy Italian feel. There were so many great brunch options and it was hard to choose. We ordered two different things and then split them! The shirred eggs in a pastry were amazing!!! Shirred eggs pretty much means baked eggs, we had no idea. The potatoes were so yummy that came with it. We also got the godfather which was excellent too. This was really a great experience. Can't wait to go back and try some red gravy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDannie0029Dined on 8/23/2014Everything we tasted was delicious but the red gravy with sausage was my favorite. I had the Lombardo and I can't wait to have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First stopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Read many comments in NO forum about the Red Gravy so we decided to make it our first eating choice for breakfast-although the food was ok still trying to figure out what is special about this place. Lots of other places that are better than this and it is kind of out of the way-new the maybe a problem when I asked several local people for directions and absolutely no one had heard of the Red Gravy-they were also having help issues the day we were there.
- Red Gravy: Great New Orleans BrunchNOLAfoodloverDined on 8/10/2014I highly recommend it for brunch and we are now inspired to go back for dinner soon.We had the Sicilian Egg Pie: Shirred eggs with cream & spices, baked in pasty. It came with some wonderful home fries that were moist and crispy at the same time and garlic bread with plenty of mozzarella. We also had the Umbria: Slow roasted pork, greens & provolone on crostini, with fruit. The pork was perfect and reminded me of some intense pork roast I used to get at a small Italian place in Boston’s North End. The well seasoned meat blended nicely with the cheese and greens and the toasty bread backed up these flavors. The fruit was a nice balance to the intensity of the main dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014maybe an off day- I will get it a try again- a lot was unavailable on menu
- A gem of a restaurantDelectableDined on 8/8/2014We fell upon this little gem on our first visit to NOLA. Each time we return, it's a staple for us. Best brunch & breakfast anyone could ask for. By far better than The Court of Two Sisters!! As always, the food & service was outstanding. We enjoyed the Praline Pancakes (my husband won't get anything else), the Godfather & Roe's breakfast! Delish!!! The red gravy is the best I've ever tasted. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 8/3/2014We have been here 3 times now for brunch and is consistantly delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedFoodgirl27Dined on 7/2/2014Overpriced and small portions. There is better Italian in NOLA. That Red Gravy lauds its homemade pasta is no big deal. We expect this from an Italian restaurant!Special Features:
- Fun Brunch with friendsFunkyFleurdelisDined on 6/29/2014We brought our out of town friends here for Sunday Brunch and loved the atmosphere - even though its a small place, the food packs a big punch. Everything was super delicious and the bloody mary's were a standout for me. The banjo player made it a fun and very memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014For starters the meatball appetizer was cold. I ordered today's special the 4 cheese Ravioli and it was store bought not freshly made as suggested by waiter.Wife had veal Marsla and they put peas in it and was spicy hot??? She did not eat it.We also had the house spec spinach salad,a so small dinner salad with spinach,berries and pecans.Finally when we got the bill and notice 45 dollars for salad,we are still shocked what a rip off/tourist trap
- Best food of vacation!SugarHubDined on 6/28/2014Second visit on trip home from beach. Our group was 8 people and they all raved about every dish. We made sure to order different choices so we could try them all. Also ordered a pecan waffle for the table. Great start to the meal. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Martini's delicious. Anna makes a wonderful Bloody Mary. Live music was truly a NOLA treat. Must stop each year. Brand new server, but the owner made up the difference in quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast at Red GravyOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 6/23/2014We had a great breakfast at Red Gravy. I usually don't think of meatballs for breakfast but we had them and they were terrific. The sauce of course was wonderful. I also had a great omelet that was perfectly cooked. Roseann, the owner and our server were very friendly and welcoming. All in all an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Good things in a small package!MeauxDined on 6/20/2014We brought a group of 8 people to Red Gravy. Everyone ordered something different and everyone RAVED about the food. Our waiter was fun and energetic and attentive but not interfering. The owner came out to ask us how we enjoyed the meal. The red gravy is one of the best I have ever had. The fresh pasta was cooked perfectly. The restaurant is very small but well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialtravelerVIPDined on 6/19/2014We found this restaurant on our gluten free restaurant site and decided to give it a try. They make a very good almond flour based pasta that was very good. The salad special was tasty. The wine serving was generous. My big complaint is with the prices. We split a simple pasta with red sauce, each had a salad and I had one glass of wine. The portions were not large. After tax and tip my bill was $81.19!!! I double checked the itemized bill and it was correct. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! This is a chef/owner restaurant and I understand the economics of this venture but this is ridiculous! New Orleans has many wonderful well priced restaurants. This place will not be opened long if they continue to gouge the customer like this.
- Great for brunchSarahhDined on 6/15/2014We went to this restaurant for brunch on a Sunday. The food was excellent. Service was great. It is a small restaurant close to canal street. It is away from the crowds of the French quarter, which was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant a NO SHOWOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/7/2014We made the reservation for Saturday at 12:30 pm on June 7th. A credit card was required for the booking and we agreed that we could be charged $25 if we were no shows. We walked a mile to the location, arriving 15 minutes ahead of our reservations only to find the restaurant closed with a sign on the door stating to see them at booth 51 at the Creole Tomato Festival. We agreed to the $25 charge for a no show - how much is the restaurant charged for their no show!Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Red Gravy reviews archive.
- Great placeMargieDined on 5/31/2014Warm, inviting atmosphere. Great food & lovely staff. A highlight of our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Had the hamburger with fried egg on top.....YUM! Will definitely order that again....chef Roseann has worked her magic again....and Michael is the sweetest waiter in NO. Thanks for another great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Brunch!MichelleVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was a great brunch find. We had "The Mark" and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2014So glad friends in our building recommended this great restaurant and we decided to walk a different way to the quarters. The food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Pretty Cool007JDDined on 5/25/2014I have no complaints at all, the food was great, the service was great as well, the only issue, and it's minor is parking. However being in the CBD parking is always at a premium.Special Features:
- Graduation Dinner SuccessFoodiefun91VIPDined on 5/17/2014Decided to make our second time at Red Gravy a dinner experience, after a wonderful brunch. The service is great and Rosanne is a hoot! Really knows her food well. Their charcuterie selection is diverse and of wonderful quality. Also, one of the best Osso Buccos I've ever had...don't forget to eat the marrowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special dietsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I went to Red Gravy for a family dinner and had a wonderful time! Not only was all the food, especially the house made pasta, amazing but everyone in my party was able to find something. I'm a vegetarian and my sister is gluten free but neither of us were lacking in great food! The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We'll definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!!NOLADined on 5/17/2014We ordered 4 different things and they were all amazing!! Friendly waiters, excellent food, fast/great service, charming place with live music during brunch, relaxing....can't say enough....Ready to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of my NOLA trip!stephcampDined on 5/15/2014My friends and I were in town for a conference & stumbled on Red Gravy. New Orleans is full of gorgeous, delicious food, but this was by far our most memorable meal. Thank you for such a lovely dining experience. Excellent service. Unforgettable food.Special Features:
- Delicious brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014This place is wonderful! Always consistent and great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CBD GemNolameliVIPDined on 5/10/2014Beautiful little restaurant that appears as a "mom and pop" but turns out to be a cozy, romantic spot, with soft R&B playing in the background and an attentive, personable staff. And that is only is the preamble. The homemade pasta is sumptuous. The Ossa Bucco is a knock-out, done the tradition way. Local produce and lots of handmade love go into everything on their menu. You will be pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise..and change of pacejwalk99Dined on 5/9/2014We visit New Orleans frequently, dining out at the usual places. This charming Italian eatery was a lucky find that exceeded our expectations. Food was authentic, fresh and delicious, with a full bar and nice selection of wine rounding out the experience. Restaurant is small but comfortable with good energy and ambiance. Service was good. Our waiter, Ken, was new but did a fantastic job. Overall, our group of 5 not-so-easy-to-please diners was impressed with the entire experience. Would definitely recommend. Red Gravy will definitely be added to our list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014went to late dinner infact the last ones in without a reservation, service and food fantastic went back for sunday brucn just as great had the chicken and wafflesSpecial Features:
- Great Sunday brunchfoodntheatreDined on 5/4/2014The restaurant is small, so definitely make reservations. They had great menu choices, some traditional brunch items others were not so much. The food was well seasoned, and delicious, portions moderate. There was a banjo player there the day we went wich added tothe experience. Definitely will find this place again when in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save yourself the tripDiner13Dined on 5/2/2014We had a reservation at 9:15 and we were promptly seated as soon as we arrived. From there everything went downhill. The server Alyssa was very uninformed about the contents of the menu and even pronounced many dishes wrong. When it came time to order our salads we inquired about the market price salad - to which she responded it came with beets. The salads came out with no beets and after inquiring she said she would get them - only to return 10 minutes later to tell us they were out of them. My order did not come out with the rest of my party and I was told "there was a miscommunication with the kitchen". No - I'm sorry - no anything. It came 30 mins later with no apology. The tip was included - so no need to take care of us.Special Features:
- Awesome placeGrlfromhiDined on 5/1/2014The food was great, the ambience was great. I didn't really like our waiter but overall it was a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FindZubaDined on 4/20/2014I stumbled upon this restaurant on accident because both of the places I normally would have ate at for Easter Brunch were booked. I am very happy that this happened because I have found a location that I will visit on every trip to New Orleans now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!senoraeatsalotDined on 4/20/2014Quaint place, good food, had a solo musician playing his banjo in the back setting the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindMaPaVIPDined on 4/10/2014Needing a respite from Creole this was a great choice. Pasta was fantastic. Could not quite figure out the name of Red Gravy until we found out the New Jersey roots.quiet enough to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2014Excellent and unique selection of brunch favorites. Pleasant and soothing atmosphere Conveniently located a few steps away from the madness of bourbon street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.