Red Flaming Teppanyaki
180- 4260 No. 3 Road
Richmond, BC V6X 1C4Neighborhood:
French / JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Red Flaming Teppanyaki
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redflamingteppanyaki.com/
- Phone: 6042786008x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm (Closed Tuesday)
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Barbecue, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Andy Kwong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Teppanyaki rooms available.
- Private Party Contact: Ian 6042786008x
- Entertainment: Karaoke System available for parties (up to 60 seats)
A word from Red Flaming Teppanyaki
Surround yourself in the exotic flair of the Far East as an artful array of contemporary Japanese cuisine is grilled to perfection right before your eyes. Amazement is ensured to set in as our talented chefs twirl their knives and create volcanoes of fire while serving up assorted vegetables, lobster, steak, chicken and more. Create the perfect pairing of flavors by perusing the specialty sake, fine wine, and creative cocktail from our drink menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Flaming Teppanyaki reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pretty goodMsKimchiDined on 5/4/2014Got a coupon for a 9 course meal for 2, the service was quite good. Food came super fast, but we felt a little rush. Our table was filled with food that came just too fast for us to finish. The proportion was good, it came with dessert also and a complementary drink. There were only a couple people working including the 2 chefs, but everything was quite efficient and quick.Special Features:
- Poor food with too small amount!HarryDined on 5/3/2014My family purchased it with group price from vantosave.com. To our surprise the waiter told us the amount is for one person but the booking description was for 2 people. The amount is so small - can you imaging how much the goose liver with bread is? just 2 pieces of the same size as a one-dollar coin. And the taste is terrible, the worst I have had in Vancouver area. I booked another seafood fish egg stir-fry rice, but did not see any sea food except a little fish egg. Shame on them and we were so disappointed. Will never go there anymore!
- Save your money!DisappointedDined on 4/24/2014This dinner was a nightmare from the get go. We bought Groupon for Special Teppanyaki Combo Meal for 2. We waited a 1/2 hour to receive the first course ( believe there was 5 in total). I believe the first course was soup, but they skipped that and sent the Sushi, then a couple pieces of shrimp over cooked followed by some tasteless meat. They cleared our table and brought us dessert - blan. I told them I believed we were to receive a chicken and vegetable crepe? What we received was finger food at a hotel function and they called that a course. The only thing good was the Saki.
- Excellent and FastMyopinionDined on 4/23/2014This visit was because of a Groupon, therefore the menu was preset. The food came too quickly at first, because we did not have to order anything. After the drinks (excellent rice tea) salad and soup, the main course arrived before we were finished. We watched the shrimp grilled in front of us. ( We sat at the grillfront) When we finished eating each course the dishes were whisked away and we had to wait a few minutes for dessert. It was amazing how quickly everything arrived. My only worry was that the main course and shrimp would get cold before I coould get to them. The service was fantastic, just not relaxing overall. I did enjoy the meal. The food was excellent. I would go back even without a Groupon.Special Features:
- Worth coming againluv2dineDined on 4/18/2014Good food. Decor good. Overall experience is good. Large parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodkungfuDined on 4/16/2014In our most recent visit during which we were only allowed to make a single choice of food selection for the whole group. The manager apologized but nothing was done to make things right. As there weren't too many customers, the food were served virtually continuously, unlike better restaurants which serve the plates after you have finished the previous one, so the food became cold when we ate them. The menu specified one whole lobster tail, but we were only given half a tail each, and when I got home and check the menu again, I found that one of the 9 courses was not served. Most of the food is tasteless, dry and lukewarm or even cold. The service of the waitress was good except the manager. Overall a very disappointed experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingConstructionFamilyDined on 4/13/2014All the teppanyaki places we have ever been too tend to entertain their guests while cooking the food, not this one. Our cook was not personable and did not improve our experience. On the other hand, the server and bus persons were polite, attentive, and quick. The food was not flavourful and not even covering our bites in any of the bland sauces improved it! We arrived at opening and the washrooms had still not been cleaned from the night before and they were not pretty! No change table either. We will never come back.Special Features:
- underwhelmingcorporateclientDined on 3/26/2014This place is passable, but not notable. The food is fair, but in very small portions, and prepared without much fanfare. The service was also rather spotty, with a dish being brought, then taken away, and the our full order not filled??? Also, when one of us requested a substitution for the Lobster, it was simply taken off the grill and tossed?? This place needs some attention to customer service.
- Dinner with friendsPhil8Dined on 2/28/2014We had a good dinner enjoyed the chef with lots to eat with no pressure. Very enjoyable. The groupon did make the dinner reasonable and we enjoyed the experieceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedS3M4Dined on 2/22/2014For my first time I was disappointed in their lack of service. The menu was complicated and the server didn't take the time to explain how dining there worked. They were also hard to flag down after they continued to forget our drinks. For the amount of food served the prices were not warranted. Serving size was similar to tapas if not a bit smaller. I was with a party of six and we barely ate anything and our bill was over $200. As for ambiance it was awkwardly quiet and the teppanyaki chefs didn't talk much to anyone. Overall it was not worth going and I don't recommend anyone else go either.
- DisappointmentSunshineDined on 2/16/2014We had a party of ten. Hardly received any service or attention. When we asked for recommendation on what to eat, the staff suggested the most expensive combo on the menu. Almost to the end of the meal, we realize out salad never came. We talked to the waiter and he was going to bring out the salad right away. This was at the end of the meal just before dessert. I don't know how any resstaurant would service salad at the end of the meal. Also through out the entire night we did not notice a manager on site. Our bill came to almost $500 but it's totally not worith it. The food tasted horrible. I will definitely not go back and not recommend it to anyone.
- Would only come with a grouponVancitydinerDined on 2/14/2014I felt like this meal was fine. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. I had purchased a social shopper coupon for the 10 course meal. This cost us approx $60. That's about how much the meal was worth to me. I've definitely had better teppanyaki experiences, but at the coupon price, the meal was reasonable.Special Features:
- barely worth the groupon amountLynnLoves2EatDined on 2/12/2014The "menu" they gave me for the groupon deal was soiled and crumpled with food stuck to it and someone's name and phone number scrawled a quarter of the page. It looked like they didn't even care about the menu let alone the food. The selection we were told (each person choosing 3 sushi items each) was later retracted to say 3 sushi items between the two of us (1.5 each). The "crepe" was a grilled tortilla. The amount paid for the groupon $44 is about $3 less than what it is worth if you allot a generous amount to each item...won't be going back.
- False advertisementBlahDined on 2/10/2014I bought 10 course meal,the first meal supposed to be lobster miso soup but when it come no lobster at all and when I asked they said once in awhile we changed the soup to seafood miso.I don't know if this consider seafood when they only put one tiny scallop size as pea and 2 baby shrimp?then we supposed to have salmon 'steak' to share,but it only come as a slice size half of bread and one more thing is deluxe stir fried vegetable 'with enoki mushroom',but no enoki mushroom at all.when I ask they said they forgot to put it,but at least they cook the mushroom separately at the end?Over all the food was so so,but I think whatever we paid and whatever list it on the pictures it should be what we suppose to get.
- Not the real teppanyaki experienceFoodieVIPDined on 1/31/2014There are 2 teppanyaki grill in the main dining room, so if you are sitting at the side tables, they bring cooked food to your table only. We are lucky to one the 2 parties sitting around the teppanyaki grill, but since they cook all food orders from only 2 grills, we feel like we are sitting at the kitchen. There is no flare or demonstration of the teppanyaki cooking technique from the chefs, with very minimal greeting.we bought group for 4, but changed 3out of items on the menu. Had to tell them to bring us our miso food & chicken / salmon crepe. Check your bill as theft charge for1 more large sake, and did not take out taxes when they adjust the bill. Won't come back.
- Dine Out - It was OkaydreamDined on 1/29/2014really small portions but tasted good even though my beef was closer to rare than medium well and my dishes weren't always hot when they arrived (due to waitress being slow). service was really slow and the chefs were inefficient and disorganized. the waitress gave us attitude when we asked for clarifications. the manager made up for the waitress' various mistakes and slowness so it was fair. dine out for 4 people took ~2hrs
- Food is good but the serviceQQQQDined on 1/25/2014Food is good but the service is poor, wait for long time and nobody to serve you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMelkDined on 1/25/2014Went for the Dine out Vancouver Menu. If you want teppanyaki, I would recommend Osaka or Kobe. This doesn't quite measure up. The chef was nice and attentive. He is just not cooking with high quality ingredients. Not at all his fault.
- Dine out Vancouver experiencelifeisgoodDined on 1/23/2014The restaurant is nicely decorate and spacious. The food is fair. Teppanyaki chef is pleasant but not quite entertaining. I found the waiters there are more friendly than the waitress who don't smile at all and rushing around. It was not even busy. We were told we will be asked for our choice of dessert at the end of the meal.But they just brought us the mango pudding without asking. Dine out Vancouver is the event sponsored by American Express but they don't accept AE.The waitress told us many restaurants don't take AE with an annoyed tone of voice. I can understand not every restaurant accept AE, it will be just be polite to tell your customers, I am sorry we don't take AE but we take visa or Mastercard.
- Enjoyed.PolicyMakerDined on 1/22/2014The food was great, the service- perfect. The grill chefs, talented and friendly. A good job of a classic.Special Features:
- bad servicefatilyDined on 1/22/2014The service was very bad and the food was just so so. We will not try again!
- We got to sit at the groupDarlDined on 1/19/2014We got to sit at the group table so it was a lot of fun! The food from the dine out menu was fresh and delicious, although my husband wasn't full at the end of our meal it was more then enough for me. Our chef martin chan was amazing. Overall I'd give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soGinTonicDined on 1/18/2014Its nice to give it a try but disappointed its not authentic Japanese. Its run by Chinese. The food is not bad and the portions are pretty decent though. Service is okay for the most part. I don't think I will be back since I am more inclined to go to an authentic Japanese restaurant.Special Features:
- Fun place for groupsjenlovesfoodDined on 1/17/2014Tried it because the Dine Out Vancouver menu looked interesting. From the street, I would never go in here - a lot of neon, scrolling LED signs, Christmas lights. Inside, however, the decor was beautiful, and it had a fantastic ambience. Teppanyaki bars in the middle of the main dining area, and several more private rooms in the back. Watching the chefs was great. The food was really good - flavourful, fun, and perfect for sharing a conversation over. Particularly loved the beef steak. Service was extremely attentive without being overbearing. We had one picky eater in the group who didn't want the prix fixe, but he found lots of options on the regular menu, and was very happy. Prices were in line with what you would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining fun but expensivenormandoDined on 1/15/2014It was wonderful to have the chef prepare your food on a grill right in front of you. The portions could have been larger but the food was excellent in flavour and cooked perfectly. The chef interacted with us but his command of English was limited. Overall it was a good experience but to pricey. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cautious for their ten coursessandyDined on 1/13/2014Booked the set dinner from Social Shopper for $59, and they said it was $151 or more originally, ten courses. However it ended up with very small quantity of food. Three "courses" came in a single plate, and a small bowl fried rice and a small plate of vegetables were counted two courses. Very disappointed for the money I paid and will not go there again, although the chef was friendly and cooked well.
- LocationCarlDined on 1/5/2014We had a little trouble finding the restaurant as its front entrance is not actually on No 2 Road - and is on the side street Browngate Road. This should be mentioned on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was AlrightYuminthetumDined on 1/2/2014This was my 2nd time going to the restaurant and I have to say I was disappointed. My boyfriend and my friends had never been to a teppanyaki restaurant before so I decided to take them here. I had made reservations for 5:30 however one of my friends got off late from work and asked me if could move the reservation up to 6pm, so I called them and they said it was fine. However, when I showed up at 6pm they just looked at me and said you were suppose to be here at 5:30 and did not believe me when I told him I had changed the time. Then he led me to a booth table, when I inquired about sitting at the table where we can watch the chef cook (that was the whole point of teppanyaki) they told me it was reserved which was a lie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The decor was quite differentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2014The decor was quite different and not what I would expect of a Japanese restaurant. We visited for lunch and the overall experience was okay. I had 2 vegetarians with me and found that the staff were not very considerate of their dietary restrictions. However, they did enjoy their vegetarian combo and found it very filling. I had their happy aqua life combo and things tasted fresh. The rice used in the nigiri and sushi was on the plain side and was lacking some flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceao523Dined on 12/30/2013Bad communication. Bad service. Food not good eitherSpecial Features:
- SmellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013The fan at each Teppanyaki station was bad. When it was cooking, the whole table covered with smoke and you walked out the restaurant with lots of smell on your clothes.Special Features:
- The snails were rubbery. TheVancouverGalVIPDined on 11/28/2013The snails were rubbery. The toro sashimi wasn't fully defrosted but it was tasty when we waited for it to defrost. Chicken teriyaki, Ika, lobster head and the flower series was very good. The mango pudding was very good also.Special Features:
- Social Shopper Coupon ExperienceChrissyPDined on 11/27/2013My husband and I had dinner there on a Wednesday night. It was quiet except for the music which consisted of one song that seemed stuck on replay and so for the first half hour we heard "one long song". We can blame technology for that! Our chef was excellent, the food was really good, it was a pleasant surprise to be served foie gras in a teppanyaki restaurant. It was worth the price, I believe the menu was carefully thought out in order to be sure to give us our money's worth, $30 each, no more, no less.I would certainly go back with a group of people and reserve one of the private rooms for 6 - 8 people in their VIP area. Well done!Special Features:
- gotta seeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2013fast and friendly service,they cook before your eyes.quality food.Special Features:
- Fun Dining ExperienceAquaLimeDined on 11/23/2013Ate with a group of friends and service was exceptional. The chef and the waiters and waitresses were pretty down to earth. The quality of the sushi was top notch and quality was not compromised in the all you can eat. They dynamite rolls had the crispiest tempura shrimp and our last order was 6 orders of the dynamite roll. I do not like raw fish normally at all you can eat restaurants but having tried a few pieces of salmon and tuna sushi, I just had to order another piece. At the end, with the challenge of finishing all the food we ordered, the waitress and my friends were making jokes about where to hide the sushi. This last exchange with the staff made my night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.