890 College St.
Toronto, ON M6H1A3Neighborhood:
Little Italy / College St.
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfishresto.com/
- Phone: 4167333474
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday -Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Sunday 11am - 3am, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Friedman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: From Oysters and canapés, to buffet and sit down dinners, we are able to create a seafood based menu to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Jaime Duran 4167333474
A word from Red Fish
Seasonal and sustainable are the rule at Red Fish. We believe that using the freshest ingredients in the simplest way allows the natural flavour to shine. Join us in the dining room for a memorable meal, or on the patio for snacks and people watching. We promise guilt free dining with a local flare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
- Delightful little restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2013We were pleasantly surprised to see how delicious our dinner was. We tried this place without any recommendations. But now we will spread the joy. The fish tartar was outstanding. The French fries were the best in the city. The Artic Char was fresh and tasty and the accompanying gnocci were fantastic. The manager recommended a great white wine to go with the meal. What a great find this charming little restaurant is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013I wish I could have discovered this fabulous restaurant months ago. Great food, wine and service. Professional and knowledgeable staff. Clean, fresh food. Sustainable fish. What a gem, well worth making it a destination. Came for date night and will come back for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Red FishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013Terrific restaurant! Great, short menu - regularly changing - wine list short, with good selection. The chef is a wizard conjuring up superb dishes. Always a hit with us. MS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sustainable seafoodsoodarooDined on 6/8/2013Awesome place. Out server was friendly and helpful with the menu - despite being the owner's daughter, she helped steer us away from items that would have been more of a "miss". A great all around experience and love the uniqueness of their menu. Also the Malbec we had was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such well done fish! We hadfrumedDined on 5/12/2013Such well done fish! We had the arctic char, rainbow trout and cioppino, all of which were superb. The service was great - slow because they were a bit short-staffed, and a side dish came late because he forgot to put the order in - but then he was the only person manning the entire restaurant. Despite this, he was wonderfully friendly and helpful. We will definitely be coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013The elegant white table cloths absorbed the ambient sound. Music was pleasant and played at a reasonable volume (The Carpenters, Glenn Miller). Our waitress was excellent, friendly and attentive. I started off with a delicious mimosa and my son had cappuccino which was spiked with a touch of espresso. The food was interesting and very tasty. I had the octopus hash which had interesting textures and was delicate in taste, topped with 2 perfectly poached eggs and laid over a serving of finely chopped hash brown potatoes. The sour dough toast pieces tasted deep fried ( a little greasy tasting). For dessert we shared a copious sticky toffee pudding with subtly flavoured cardamon ice cream. Overall wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch at Red Fish May 2013DancingGourmetDined on 5/12/2013We had omlettes and our friend had the eggs benedict. We love our omlettes. They came with a few well-seasoned crispy potato chunks a slice of watermelon and two small pieces of bread.The regular coffee was pretty good. Very clean, pleasant service, love the clean white table clothes and napkins, kinda funky but in a fesh way. Chairs could be more comfotable and the music coiuld be more interesting. They moslty played the Guess Who and the Carpenters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the reviewsSusanDined on 5/11/2013The ambience of the restaurant was very nice. You could hear the person you were talking to without a problem. The service was very good. Unfortunately, the food was disappointing from the appetizers to the dessert. Arugula salad was bland tasting and we did not enjoy the mussels.. The fries were excellent though. Flourless chocolate cake was very dry. Since the meal was not inexpensive, we will not be returning.Special Features:
- great local spotawd180Dined on 5/1/2013Do yourself a favour and check out Red Fish. It's a wonderful restaurant with delicious food, not over priced and very good staff.Special Features:
- Excellent smelts, octopuslivetoeatVIPDined on 5/1/2013Excellent smelts, octopus and trout tartar appetizers. Crispy skin on the arctic char main. The gnocchi was soft and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious. Very nicethrilliams579Dined on 4/28/2013Food was delicious. Very nice service. Was hoping for a few more seafood options in terms of mains (they were out of one, which essentially left 2 if I recall correctly).Special Features:
- Was pleasantly surprised withOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2013Was pleasantly surprised with this sustainable seafood focused restaurant! The menis is not large but there were some great options to choose from. The rainbow trout tartare was a spectacular appetizer, and our mains (arctic char and lake huron whitefish) were very well executed. Service was efficient, friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food but unrefined service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2013Great food but unrefined service. We left wanting much more from the waitress. Too bad that the quality of the food was overshadowed. Would try againSpecial Features:
- Friendly staff and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The restaurant was cordial enough to sit me and my girlfriend even though we were 20 mins late to our reservation. To top things off I also lit the menu on fire with the decorative candles. All this and the staff still provided phenomenal service. The food was excellent. Portions were just right and the quality of the food was great. All in all it was worth the trip and the money given the occasion. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- The food was good, interesting,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2013The food was good, interesting, but the service seemed a little stressed, rushed, affecting the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was really good but couldntOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Food was really good but couldnt hear my partner so ate in silence or trying to talk over noise. Great place on a quieter night.
- redfish morefish pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013the food here was so well prepared, and the flavour matches were inspired. we all had completely different kinds and styles of fish, and everything was creative and fresh. Their sustainable fish policy is great too. We are keen to try brunch and the sunday fish fry, too. thank you to all the staff, they were very capable and attentive - we weren't the average diners, I think, when our first order was brussels sprouts. :) We felt welcomed and comfy. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Nice little neighbourhood findYumFoodDined on 4/10/2013Very nice little restaurant. The fish was extremely well prepared. Other non-seafood options are available however the fish is probably the best choice for those who enjoy it. Service was prompt and pleasant.Special Features:
- Tried Red Fish with a GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Tried Red Fish with a Groupon which we love to use to discover new restaurants. We really enjoyed our dinner (one arctic char and one rainbow trout). Unfortunately they had run out of the whitefish but would definitely come back to try it another time. The sticky toffee pudding for dessert was recommended and was delicious!!Special Features:
- Amazing!!MelCVIPDined on 4/3/2013My girlfriend and I had the Rainbow Trout main and I can honestly say it was one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. The trout was cooked to perfection. The ahl, curried onion puree, cauliflower that were presented with dish were amazing. Red Fish was a pleasant surprise, considering I've been able to experience most of the top rated restaurants in Toronto. I will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Great food, exceptional service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Great food, exceptional service. This restaurant is a gem.Special Features:
- Dined at Red Fish with myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Dined at Red Fish with my sister for to celebrate our birthdays on a Thursday night. Food was great, service was fantastic. Highly recommend the artic char and the sticky pudding dessert was delish. A cozy, comfortable place with really attentive service. We'll definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Get the Trout RilletteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2013My sister and I found this place by chance. We are from Chicago. The service was excellent and so was the food. I think visiting during Earth Hour made it even better. The ambiance was even more quiet. We had the quail, shrimp and grits, and trout rillette. All were superb.Special Features:
- The fish was fresh and moistOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2013The fish was fresh and moist just how I like it (had the arctic char excellent). However, the dessert was not up to the same standard though (goat cheese semi freddo was so so, as was the chocolate cake...the ice cream had freezer burn). Our original waitress was not so friendly, however, another waitress who also served us was very pleasant. The fried fish app was also so so, but the Salmon tar tar was good. A suggestion: get the main, if you like fish, go for it! Perhaps skip the dessert.Special Features:
- the entrees were great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013the entrees were great, but the oysters are pricey and the sauce the mussels were in was strange. The wine I had was alright, but not great. Dessert was superb!Special Features:
- We had a lovely meal at RedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2013We had a lovely meal at Red Fish and would recommend it. The service was attentive and the wine list, although not extensive, seemed well chosen. The food was well prepared and tasty and the salted caramel cake for dessert was out of this world! Recommend the arctic char.Special Features:
- Great fish, great find!MochaDined on 3/15/2013Excellent food, service and atmosphere. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- Perfect Cozy NeighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013We loved the ambience and great seating we had by the window. The host was extremely helpful in providing us with parking tips before we got there. The waitress was helpful in suggesting choices for dinner and wine to match. The food was perfectly prepared and fresh to the table. We could find no faults. My wife and I had 1.5 hours for dinner before a show and were not disappointed in having a great meal and not being late for the show.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent food and great service. Only thing I wish is that the seats were a bit more comfortable and the dining area more spacious. We had a great time and will be back!Special Features:
- Great appies and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Great appies and delicious desserts. The mains were good, but not notable. The wine list was a nice accompaniment - well priced with a great selection. I wouldn't rush back but I won't deny a return trip.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2013Great meal and Great service, exactly the recipe for a perfect night out. I can't wait to try there brunch menu. Looking forward to a return visit. Thank you Jamie!!Special Features:
- Fantastic service. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Fantastic service. Great Food. I had the octopus ssam appetizer and shrimp and grits main. Both were very good. The appetizer was a dish that I've never tried and a welcome surprise. My friend's ordered cioppino which she said was good to the last drop. My friend and I hadn't seen each other in a long time and we lingered for a long time afer dinner catching up. The waitress was very accommodating and we felt very welcomed. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- definitely a return tripOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/24/2013impressed by the food and the attention to detail in the service. will be backSpecial Features:
- We were greeted with a kindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We were greeted with a kind gentleman at the door who was able to accommodate us even though we showed up earlier than our reservation. The wait staff that served us was great and the food was absolutely amazing. The only negative comment I would have is that it was a little tight in terms of space. The table beside us was so close the waitress that served the table knocked over one of our glasses (I caught it as it tilted) with her derrier and didn't even notice and continued to access the space between our tables until we physically moved our table over a few inches to the other side where no one was seated beside us.Special Features:
- I find that the noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2013I find that the noise level increasingly determines my resto enjoyment. Red Fish is very noisy when full, and the meal was less good than the last time I ate here. Fine lobster bisque, so-so shrimp and grits that had been left sitting under the lamps long enough for the grits to congeal, good toffee pudding. My friends had smelts and nice sized fish mains but were not dazzled. Getting too popular?
- Were we the only one disappointed?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013Mediocre food for the price in my opinion and we don't mind splurging. The uni carbonara was the most unappetizing thing I have ever ate. The uni became too overwhelming and the flat egg noodles just did NOT work well w/ it. Overheard the waiter inform other tables around us that they ran out of a lot of the items on the menu and dinner JUST started. Reservations were made for 6:30 on a Saturday and the restaurant seemed to be full a few minutes after. Service was great to start in which the waiter informed us about the specials and a quick run down of the menu since we were first time diners. However we were neglected after our orders were taken. It got busy and only had 2 servers + manager. I just wanted to leave right after our meSpecial Features:
- The food was so enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The food was so enjoyable but the staff were anything but welcoming, the manager/owner needs to spread his passion or find alternative staff. That said I would overlook and returnSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!SaskaboyDined on 2/15/2013A wonderful meal at a reasonable price. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Not my first time here, andCboisDined on 2/14/2013Not my first time here, and definitely not my last. It is such a wonderful place for dining: the service is excellent, the host is beyond charming and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Fish FavouriteflyndineVIPDined on 2/14/2013Had Valentine's day dinner and it was delicious. As others have mentioned, Red Fish does fish right. The arctic char was moist while the skin was crisp and non-greasy. The maple glazed Brussels sprouts were tasty that even a kid will ask for more. Such a dining experience would not be complete without the outstanding service by our server Colin and the rest of the staff. We enjoyed his in-depth knowledge of the food and found his insight educational yet entertaining. We are looking forward to having brunch here so we can enjoy more of their in-house baked breads. Tip: arrive earlier than your reservation if you are looking for street parking - especially during peak periods.Special Features: