Red Fish - Hilton Head
8 Archer Rd.
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Red Fish - Hilton Head
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfishofhiltonhead.com/
- Phone: (843) 686-3388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm
Early dining menu: Nightly 5:00pm - 5:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Sean Walsh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can cater to any size party, on or off-site. We offer a private room for hire as well as special menus according to your preference.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy Trish 8436863388
- Special Events: Red Fish has wine tastings from the fall through the spring. Joining our wine club is free and an excellent way to stay abreast of what's going on around Red Fish wine-wise. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join!
A word from Red Fish - Hilton Head
Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks with an upbeat Caribbean/Asian flair. A recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, Red Fish offers over 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose in our retail shop to enjoy with your meal (with a small corkage fee) or to take home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Red Fish - Hilton Head - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Red Fish - Hilton Head reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (120)fit for foodies (98)special occasion (77)great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (54)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (18)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- AnniversaryJanePDined on 11/15/2014We went to Red Fish for our anniversary found the food and service were very good. We both had fish which were specials that evening and they were outstanding. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Food and wine choices are above average for HHI. Service wàs very good. Calamari was the only dissapointment as it was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent destination for dinnerFoodFanaticDined on 11/11/2014There is obviously a lot of restaurants to choose from in a destination such as Hilton Head, and we were extremely impressed with Red Fish. Helpful and friendly service, and amazing food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambiance, and servicejleeDined on 11/9/2014One of our all time favorite restaurants. Elegant but unpretentious atmosphere. Food is consistently outstanding and service friendly and professional without being stuffy. As the name implies, a great spot for seafood, although I experimented with the Chef's special Short Ribs. Outstanding. Extensive wine list. Perfect for special occasion dining, or simply making dining a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingIslandDuxVIPDined on 11/8/2014All the usual Southern deep fried menu items. Just another mediocre run of the mill shrimp and grits kind of place with everything over cooked. Server had a strange manner.
- Birthday dinnerlouvtodineDined on 11/8/2014One of our party of four was celebrating a birthday, so Redfish seemed like the perfect spot. Redfish did not disappoint in the least. As always, the Chilean Sea Bass was wonderful as was our server, Kelly. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JakeDined on 11/8/2014Red Fish has always been our favorite. This time it was a disappointment. The crab cakes were mostly breading and the blueberry tart was nothing but sugar. The wine selections remain great. Service was not attentive despite a slow Saturday night; we had to ask for water refills. Will try them again but they need to improve quickly.Special Features:
- Always specialLindyDined on 11/6/2014So we have an 8 year old and after about 10 trips to Hilton Head and maybe 5 early bird dinners at Red Fish we did a family dinner later and had a great time. Deck with fireplace and heaters were perfects as was the Sheephead fish special and scallops special. Great service and awesome dinner. We'll be back again next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming back!jenmcdengDined on 11/6/2014This is our third trip to HHI and we always come back to Redfish because we love the ambiance, food and service. My husband is a chef and culinary school graduate and he'd probably work here if we lived here. You will not be disappointed. They appear as a fine dining establishment, but always accommodate our relaxed dress code and children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerChoosyCoopDined on 11/2/2014Been there twice; will return. That's the best recommendation that I feel can be given to a restaurant. I rately return if not pleased on the initial try. Red Fish is a little pricy, but most often, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red FishMelissaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Outdoor seating is available, but there isn't much of a view and it can be a little noisy. Inside, the restaurant is quaint, tastefully decorated and very nice. There are numerous people coming to your table to clear dishes, bring your food, fill your glasses, etc. You won't need to ask for anything because you will be well taken care of. They have several early bird specials which save you $10-$15.00 an entree. They have a varied menu as well as daily chef specials. The food is delicious. They have an extensive wine menu and a wine bar where you can sit and have drinks or even purchase bottles of wine to take home. It was a very relaxed enjoyable dining experience. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- BrownsloverDined on 10/24/2014Great food and experience. We would recommend to all.Special Features:
- Good, but...GuteDined on 10/24/2014Ambiance, service and food excellent. Disappointed in complimentary wine.Special Features:
- Great for our anniversary!adelaide82Dined on 10/23/2014This restaurant was a lovely place to celebrate our anniversary. The food was delicious! The restaurant was nicely lit and very romantic. We will definatley be back the next time we are in Hilton Head!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Dining at Red Fish is a must during each of our visits to Hilton Head. The food and service are top notch and we always enjoy the music of the John Brackett Trio.Special Features:
- Wine galore!BirthdayCelebrationDined on 10/21/2014Food at Red Fish was excellent and the presentation was great as well. The most impressive feature was the wine room/ collection. We selected a bottle from their wine shop and paid a corkage fee, a very nice and unexpected treat.Special Features:
- special night great experiencehlg44Dined on 10/21/2014Made reservations on line the day before and called to verify and asked about having flowers at the table. I restaurant made it all happen and the arrangement was over the top. The service was excellent the entire evening was perfect. This was truly a 5 star experience and this is now my first choice restaurant in Beaufort county.Special Features:
- 2014 visitJohnVIPDined on 10/14/2014Another excellent visit to Red Fish. Great service. Excellent wine. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WifeapprovedDined on 10/10/2014It was the perfect dining experience for my wife and I to enjoy an evening out. The atmosphere was simply divine and the food was exquisite. Heads up when ordering the ribs, they will give you enough for the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodjhorgan13VIPDined on 10/9/2014Got both of the seafood specials and they were outstanding. Local catches and prepared perfect. Love the outdoor deck for dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014We have dined here before. The food was excellent. We particularly enjoy selecting our wine from the retail store to accompany our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLadydiDined on 10/5/2014Atmosphere is great. If you love wine this is the place! Halibut special was fantastic and menu choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Arielle was our waitress and she did an outstanding job. Very informative, good personality, very upbeat. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Hilton Head regular loves RedfishchicagodinerDined on 10/3/2014Too rainy for dining on their lovely deck didn't spoil our dinner. We enjoyed the extensive wine offerings and the chance to sample several wines before selecting. Excellent calamari to start. I couldn't resist my 'usual' shrimp n grits, which was yummy. The special sea trout and the scallops rounded out our entrees. Great service and pacing. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Redfish never disappointsJeanHHIDined on 10/1/2014Each time we return to Redfish, I wonder why we have waited so long. We chose it this time for a special occasion, a friend's birthday, which happened to fall on a Wednesday, live music night, and we are big fans of John Brackett and his trio. As it turned out, we dined outdoors. The weather was gorgeous, the tables large and set far enough apart that we were not disturbed by other diners. The food was outstanding--one order of scallops with lobster mac and cheese and two orders of the shrimp and lobster burger, and a dessert I dream about, the Twix bar sundae. Thanks, Redfish, for a lovely evening. We'll be back on another Wednesday to enjoy the music.Special Features:
- Really terrificBinyodaDined on 10/1/2014We were vacationing I Hilton Head and had read about this place on Trip Advisor . It was really good. We all had fish or seafood. I had the scallops with lobster mac and cheese. OMG too fab for words. My husband and son each had the flounder special with a wonderful vegetable of Brussels sprouts with bacon and cranberries. They loved the combo. The service was excellent. The ambience was lovely. Next time we'll sit in the bar for the jazz. If we lived in this area it would be our go to dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StonehouseDined on 9/30/2014We hit the early bird special and it was fantastic. The food was great - as was the service - it even came with a glass of wine. The salmon was done to a turn. A definite "must go back" restaurant.Special Features:
- Endo76DinesDined on 9/28/2014While the ambience was pleasant, the food was lackluster...tasteless and bland. My wife had the "special" flounder which was more generic than special. I had mahi mahi with a peculiar blueberry BBQ application, rice and spinach. We passed on dessert but waited a significant time for the bill. We had been to Red Fish on several previous occasions with mixed experiences...I wanted to try it one more time but....! We'll not return! Actually, the only saving grace was the Cuban black bean soup...nicely done and consistently good but not enough to salvage an otherwise lackluster mealSpecial Features:
- Greatly improvedjhorgan13VIPDined on 9/27/2014New chef rocks! Best food we have had at the restaurant in years. If you haven't been there recently it is worth the trip back.Special Features:
- fresh fish is amazing!goldensDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed the swordfish and flounder ! melted in your mouth, sauces were perfect, and seasonal salad to start was yummy would go back in a secondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good...AJCARDined on 9/26/2014We visit HHI twice a year. Always try to make Red Fish a frequent spot. Get the filet, lobster mac, southwest wedge each time. Consistently great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire experience was greatgolfchickDined on 9/26/2014We sat outside and had a great time. The food was delicious - highly recommend the shrimp and grits. We had the pimiento cheese spread appetizer - how can you go wrong? - salads and main courses. All wonderful. We shared a key lime pie and it was a real one! Yellow, creamy and tangy.Special Features:
- RRRRRRRRVIPDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding meal, one my top five favorite places to go when on vacation. This is a must go to restaurant when visiting Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it- bland food, rushed serviceFoodiemoiDined on 9/25/2014I did not like this meal at all. Bland food and very rushed service. Many better restaurants on the island to try
- Good,but over pricedPatknowsfoodDined on 9/21/2014For two people my total bill was $114.00. We ordered two salads and two entrees and one glass of wine and the food was just ok. Won't be back. I'll go to Charlie'sSpecial Features:
- Disappointing return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/17/2014On past trips, we've thoroughly enjoyed dining at Red Fish but not this time! First, the service was extremely slow; several requests were totally ignored, such as extra lemons. When our food arrived, two of our party were shocked; their shrimp and lobster burger didn't match the menu description. It was an even greater disappointment when they ate it. I had the flounder special which was served atop grits, which I love, but couldn't even taste them - bland. My family has crossed this restaurant off our list of "must visit while on HHI" list.
- best food on the IslandJohn2NancyDined on 9/17/2014wow, where do I start. from the lovely Hostess, to the efficient bus staff, to the knowledgeable servers and all the way up to the General Manager, everyone there made our dining experience a memorable evening. they have one of the best wine selections I have seen and the food is just amazing. Latin ribs paired with sweet potato fries, shrimp and grits with kale, coconut shrimp with a wonderful glaze, salmon so moist and delicious and loads of other great seafood options. the salad had a lovely mango vinegarette dressing. moist sweet carrot cake and some of the best keylime pie I have ever had. it was so good that we ended up eating there four times during our seven day vacation. every meal seems like a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Redfish!AAloverDined on 9/13/2014We've been there several times before and have always really enjoyed the evening. The wine/cocktail list is extensive and the menu and specials nicely varied. We did have a couple of "hiccups" this time with service which seems to happen more often when establishments have "runners" that do the serving rather than the wait staff. Only one salad (which actually was added after the order was put in!) came out, but when we asked about mine it came pretty quickly. Problem was that the dinners came before my salad did so we asked them to wait. Our server was extremely apologetic and rather than just keeping our entrees warm they prepared new ones when we were ready for them. The situation was handled well and we will happily return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ambianceThomasVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food & ambiance -- This restaurant is a great find. If you like seafood you will enjoy Red Fish Restaurant, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all-time favorite on HHI.tinawinaDined on 9/10/2014Creative, delicious food served by professionals. It's fun to choose your own bottle of wine from the shelves to drink with the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.