Red Fish Grill
9610 Old Cutler Road
Miami, FL 33156Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Red Fish Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfishgrill.net/
- Phone: 3056688788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory True
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Chris Klaic for all off-site catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Red Fish Grill has private dining available for your next business meeting or family function.
- Private Party Contact: Brittani Thoma 3056688788x
A word from Red Fish Grill
Remember when Matt Dillon was eavesdropping on Cameron Diaz in the movie "There's Something About Mary"? They were at Red Fish Grill. And what a location! Whether dining outside under the Palms at the edge of Biscayne Bay or in the historic coral stone dining room, this restaurant is like nowhere else. It's a slice of Florida that disappeared long ago in most parts of Miami. But it's a lot more than atmosphere that brings in the locals and notables. The menu is dedicated to fresh local seafood, cooked with a gourmet twist, sometimes Caribbean... sometimes Asian. Best bets: Fennel Seared Yellowfin Tuna on Crispy Wonton, Crab Cakes with Tropical Melon Slaw, Red Snapper with Shaved Red Onion Fennel Salad, Herb Crusted Sea Bass with White Bean Ragout, homemade Key Lime Pie and Caramel Flan with Toasted Coconut. And a wine list that's reasonable and varied. Please visit our website for further details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Fish Grill - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Red Fish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (161)scenic view (159)great for outdoor dining (158)special occasion (129)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (26)notable wine list (22)late-night find (20)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Beautiful eveningMiamiDinerDined on 10/26/2014Ambiance of lighted palms against a beach overlooking Biscayne Bay is beautiful. Service was very good and the food was tastefully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary, we were both equally impressed. The outside seating was beautiful and definitely set the romantic mood I was looking for. Staff was very welcoming. The tuna tar tare was amazing! The salmon was perfect. The only complaint I had (which I NEVER complain) the tuna entree had WAY too much seasoning. You couldn't even taste the tuna. When I told the waitress, she just said "Sorry, that's how it comes. After a few minutes of scraping off the excess seasoning, it was finally enjoyable. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I picked this place to have dinner for my anniversary and it was great. The hostess was great, good service, and the food was amazing. Nice scenery outside since a small beach is right next to the restaurant. My girlfriend and I LOVED it! I would definitely recommend this place. The prices aren't too bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Went to celebrate my girl friends birthday. Nice restaurant for a special occasion. The food and service received was good. Get their early and enjoy the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting: Gorgeous. Food: MehLolafabulosaDined on 10/25/2014Extraordinarily beautiful location. Great place to watch the sunset over the water. The drive through the park to arrive sets a special tone. We felt lucky to be there. But like most places with amazing views, the food really disappoints. It's just so predictable; overpriced and underwhelming. It really seemed like they must have a lousy kitchen to work with, which would be understandable in such a park-like location. If I could do it gains, I would go for the view, drinks and appetizers and save my money and taste buds for a restaurant that specializes in food.Special Features:
- RobertVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great view in a perfect setting. The staff was friendly and atmosphere very nice. Food was good, portions small and a little expensive for what you receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing again!!!!maxxDined on 10/18/2014restaurant is beautiful, food was delicious and the service could not have been better!!!!Special Features:
- Very nice RestaurantLawrencervDined on 10/14/2014Excelent!! Very good service!! The place is romantic and the food es fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biscayne Bay Diningcormac7VIPDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful, warm service, delicious and clever dishes, with lots of seafood and other offerings as well, in a delightful beachside setting.Special Features:
- Belated Birthday DinnerJDavidDined on 10/10/2014Went to the restaurant on Friday the 10th and (my wife and I had visited the "Red Fish" previously) I was once again very satisfied with the food and the ambiance. This time, however. we decided to sit inside; none the less the view is still not too shabby.Special Features:
- It was Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The service was good. The scenery was awesome! Very romantic. Went for my anniversary, I made an excellent choice. She loved it. Had a problem with the food. There was a little piece of plastic in it. But the manager came over and gave me a brand new same dish. Even though I was already done eating it. Awesome customer service. I will recommend it and will be back again.Special Features:
- Great view and wonderful food!rayalli1VIPDined on 10/5/2014Red Fish is located in a park right on the water, surrounded by palm trees. The view was beautiful, service was attentive and the food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- best salmon everhiddengemDined on 10/4/2014I definitely will eat here again and recommend this restaurant. Service was great, wine affordable food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy to go againMustgoDined on 10/1/2014It was a really nice experience and I would definitely go again! Loved the waitresses! A five-star restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummytummy1Dined on 9/30/2014The restaurant is located in a very nice spot providing a romantic view ( but also providing the only negative aspect of the experience- the mosquitoes. I cut them a break on this as they could not be expected to solve this delimna but ask to sit inside if there is no breeze). The food is good as is the service. So with good food, good service and nice ambiance, this is a recommended find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Fish Grill is a Fantastic!hmccaffeDined on 9/28/2014Red Fish Grill prepares salad, seafood, desserts with cocktails or wine magnificently! The outdoor seating is spectacular and the view of the ocean is breathtaking!Special Features:
- An oasis in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was really nice, with a nice view, quiet. It is very different from the loud and hectic life in Miami. My husband and I had a very relaxing meal. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place,very romantic but..CarolDined on 9/27/2014I brought my boyfriend here for the first time for his birthday. I came at night it was very romantic, quiet and the scene was amazing, the service was great although I hate leaving negative feedback but I specifically requested for the waiter for do something simple but special for my boyfriend since it was his birthday and they failed to do so. I checked with the lady in the front and she let me know she would have the waiter bring dessert with a candle and they never did. Also they do not serve liquor. I definitely recommend this place, just make sure if you make a request you double check with the waiter.Special Features:
- Noisy InsideWorththeDriveDined on 9/27/2014Food was great and the servers were competent. The noise inside, due to the low ceilings and floor material meant we had to yell to be heard by the rest of the table. A great place for the lat 18 years.Special Features:
- Great food, nice view, good serviceBetterthanlastDined on 9/27/2014The seafood was super tasty, the view is very nice and the service is very good. It's defintely on the pricy side, but we had s lovely time.Special Features:
- Great placeRMauriDined on 9/21/2014The food was great the service was awesome definetly be coming back really soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Have been to Red Fish Grill many times through the years and the views outside are still lovely. It is a shame it is too hot to enjoy them half the year because sitting inside the restaurant and is cramped due to the low ceiling and table spacing. The food has really gone down hill. It is okay but not great like it was at one point many years ago. The portions are enormous. I would serve less and present a higher quality plate. Finally the service was atrocious. We had a 9pm restaurant and were made to wait 25 minutes and then another 10 minutes once we were at the table. I don't blame the waiter. He did the best he could do. They need to hire more staff and schedule better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our food was delicious and the service excellent! Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic but the food was averageLindyLouDined on 9/16/2014The place is lovely and romantic. I was disappointed with the food, maybe it was my choice of entrée however I expected much more for the price I paid. Service was good.Special Features:
- Absolutely AmazingSrojas81Dined on 9/14/2014I can't be believe I've live here so long and hadn't visited this place already. The food was excellent!!! Can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible location but so so foodlmc1784VIPDined on 9/14/2014Red Fish is lucky enough to have a spectacular location and outdoor dining spot. The waiter was superb. However, the food needs work. I had a tuna tartare that was not fresh. Tuna is not supposed to smell fishy when it is fresh. This is a must especially when served raw. It was also lacking in any taste whatsoever. The red snapper i ordered with a mango salsa type topping was overcooked. the salsa was good but not spectacular for the price charged. Overall, this is not a place for foodies. They need to get a more creative chef and definitely pride themselves in serving nothing but fresh food. I guarentee you the place would be packed if the food was good, fresh and innovative.Special Features:
- Red Fish GrillElkiDined on 9/13/2014Outside table.. Fantastic on a rainy night.. The ambiance was great.. Karl salad and fried oysters were not so tasty..but everything else was really good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing full bartrudining24Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is really beautiful and the site is very romantic and scenic. The food was very good but they are missing a full bar, only wine or beer here. Our waiter was slow and uninterested in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place a definite must go.PoloDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful time a gorgeous view and the food was delicious and our server very kind I would definitely be coming here more often just a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBoca1Dined on 9/13/2014Service and experience was great. Staff made every effort to accommodate. Food was delicious and perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Water in Miami's South DadeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014There are very few restaurants in south Miami-Dade where you can dine on the water, so we're very grateful for Red Fish! The view, elegance and food at Red Fish are all excellent. It is good for a romantic evening, and I love to take out-of-town guests here. Driving through Matheson Hammock State Park to get there is lovely, and parking is convenient and free. The food and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- loverestaurants18Dined on 9/12/2014I have been going to this restaurant for many years, food was great as well as the service. Beautiful view and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret spot Dinner with a view.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I called on Friday at 5:00pm for reservation for 6:30pm. This is virtually impossible with restaurants in Miami. I requested chilled white wine and table on the sand. WE showed up exactly at 6:30pm received the table of choice. The wine was ice cold in a champagne bucket on the table facing the ocean. THe new menu has a tremendous sword fish over a bed of sweet potato pure and bock-choy. My wife had their new tuna plate which was absolutely awesome. Waiters recognized us from previous visits. This place is a gem please don't tell anyone.Special Features:
- Stunning view.Sgbk13Dined on 9/11/2014The view is amazing. The ambiance is amazing. The restaurant is pricey, be willing to spend around $50 pp. Service is kind but a little bit slow. We has lobster which was terrific and seared tuna which wasn't great. The key lime pie was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinningCapncraigDined on 9/10/2014Our second time eating here and we will be back again, the food was delicious, great service and wonderful view. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- aniversery dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014had not been to red fish in several years but will return soon had great meal with truelly great serviceSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Great hidden place would t image it has such great views of downtown Miami but be ready to put some off spray provided by the staff bc there is a Mosquitos. We had a great time and enjoyed our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choiceRobdhDined on 9/9/2014I would imagine by now the Red Fish Grill has achieved a certain noteriety, by the way....all good, for its food, service and ambiance. If you enjoy seafood, mostly fish, don't hesitate to make that drive to Matheson Hammock for a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food 2nd to noneraisedinmiamiDined on 9/7/2014Pan fried snapper and house wine for me and the little lady. We both adored the food and left our plates completely empty. Do yourself a favor and sample the pre-meal bread it was divine. I don't believe I have ever experienced service as good as this. There was a small downside. As I was approaching the restaurant the stench was horrid. Dade County should do a better job of maintaining the public bathrooms for the beach just outside the Red Fish grill.Special Features:
- Beautiful S Fla settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Very beautiful evening, Moon was out, romantic, fresh Yellowtail Snapper, my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.