Red Fish Grill
9610 Old Cutler Road
Miami, FL 33156Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Red Fish Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfishgrill.net/
- Phone: (305) 668-8788
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory True
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Chris Klaic for all off-site catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Red Fish Grill has private dining available for your next business meeting or family function.
- Private Party Contact: Brittani Thoma 3056688788x
A word from Red Fish Grill
Remember when Matt Dillon was eavesdropping on Cameron Diaz in the movie "There's Something About Mary"? They were at Red Fish Grill. And what a location! Whether dining outside under the Palms at the edge of Biscayne Bay or in the historic coral stone dining room, this restaurant is like nowhere else. It's a slice of Florida that disappeared long ago in most parts of Miami. But it's a lot more than atmosphere that brings in the locals and notables. The menu is dedicated to fresh local seafood, cooked with a gourmet twist, sometimes Caribbean... sometimes Asian. Best bets: Fennel Seared Yellowfin Tuna on Crispy Wonton, Crab Cakes with Tropical Melon Slaw, Red Snapper with Shaved Red Onion Fennel Salad, Herb Crusted Sea Bass with White Bean Ragout, homemade Key Lime Pie and Caramel Flan with Toasted Coconut. And a wine list that's reasonable and varied. Please visit our website for further details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Fish Grill - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Red Fish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (160)great for outdoor dining (159)scenic view (154)special occasion (131)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (29)late-night find (23)notable wine list (20)hot spot (13)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- For special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014Had anniversary dinner here and was a great spot for a special occasion. Pricey but great service and entrees were small but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything good..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014The only negative...the menu is too limited... I was thinking to bring my guests for my husband birthday, but for sure I will choose another place...the ambiance outside it is amazing...love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentationsrsfoodieDined on 11/21/2014Despite the windy and rainy night we could enjoy the view and outdoor feeling. We sat next to the opened French doors and were able to enjoy the ambience that they are known for at Red Fish Grille. Food was very good. Presentation beautiful. Waitress was very delightful. Our only complaint was that everything was presented too quickly. We were done with dinner in an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I took my girlfriend here for our 2 year anniversary and I can't begin to explain how amazing the experience was. The restaurant is excellent for a romantic night, food was beyond AMAZING, service was INCREDIBLE and the night couldn't have gone any better. Thank you Red Fish Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LovestodineoutDined on 11/16/2014Red Fish Grill was recommended by a friend and we are so glad we took the advice to eat here! It is located at the end of a dark park road but the signs were helpful in getting us there. We dined outdoors and since it was dark there wasn't much of a lagoon view but the night skyline was beautiful and our experience was wonderful. Food was excellent....I had the seafood bouillabaisse and my daughter had the mahi mahi. We started with the crab cakes....all were delicious. Excellent service as well. We did not feel rushed through any part of our evening. We will definitely come back the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Delight and Fantastic View.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014If you are looking for great seafood dining, ambiance and a view. You get all three at the RED FISH GRILL. Our local gem in the City of coral Gables, tucked away at Matheson Hammocks Park. Make sure to arrive before the sunset. It will be a view you will never forget while you treat yourself to a nice bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, reasonable prices, ok food & serviceChaleDined on 11/12/2014Spectacular place, very nice, with reasonable prices, food could be better but is OK, service should be improved-better training to employee is definitely required..... has a tremendous potential to be a "hot spot" in Miami.... need better trained personnel and better food (although food is OK)..... the bar? could be better..... Is really a beatiful ambient, spectacualr scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to findCelineSummersDined on 11/9/2014restaurant is located after about a mile of unlit secluded road very dark and scary I thought I was being trickedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood & Great Service!hmccaffeDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed delicious soup, terrific seafood entrees, excellent wine and cappuccino with terrific discussions of adventures in S FL and South America!Special Features:
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014You can't beat The Red Fish Grill, it a perfect date night! Its romantic, it has great views especially on a full moon and really good food and wine. The service was perfect too! Thanks!Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor dininggoodnhealthyDined on 11/7/2014Quiet, car exhaust free, outdoor dining is hard to come by in South Dade. This is the spot for romantic star-lit dining with exceptional service and wonderful food in a beautiful setting. Great for special occasions. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRAS1Dined on 11/7/2014Quiet and intimate. Good food too! Not too hard to find but road winds through park. Wish it was open earlier.Special Features:
- love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014It was our first time there, we were celebrating his birthday.I like everything about it. Shame that it was a cold night. I liked the food, the service, the environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicLuv2dineDined on 11/1/2014From the hostess to the service, all very friendly and professional. The ceviche and hangar steak were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Red FishGourmet8Dined on 10/31/2014The weather was spectacular for outside dining. Wonderful watercress & fig salad. The mahi was very good as well. Waitress was very pleasant but service could have been better. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuTonyDined on 10/31/2014I love this restaurant, and visit this place very often, but the menu is so limited that i have already tried all the plates available, i am left out of option other than try the same dish over and over, i would like to see diverse selection or at least new plates in the menu seasonallySpecial Features:
- Overall serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Your staff did an outstanding job, they were very receptive and curtiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningMiamiDinerDined on 10/26/2014Ambiance of lighted palms against a beach overlooking Biscayne Bay is beautiful. Service was very good and the food was tastefully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Anniversaryjd3790Dined on 10/25/2014I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary, we were both equally impressed. The outside seating was beautiful and definitely set the romantic mood I was looking for. Staff was very welcoming. The tuna tar tare was amazing! The salmon was perfect. The only complaint I had (which I NEVER complain) the tuna entree had WAY too much seasoning. You couldn't even taste the tuna. When I told the waitress, she just said "Sorry, that's how it comes. After a few minutes of scraping off the excess seasoning, it was finally enjoyable. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Love2eat305Dined on 10/25/2014I picked this place to have dinner for my anniversary and it was great. The hostess was great, good service, and the food was amazing. Nice scenery outside since a small beach is right next to the restaurant. My girlfriend and I LOVED it! I would definitely recommend this place. The prices aren't too bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic RestaurantCharlieDined on 10/25/2014Went to celebrate my girl friends birthday. Nice restaurant for a special occasion. The food and service received was good. Get their early and enjoy the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting: Gorgeous. Food: MehLolafabulosaDined on 10/25/2014Extraordinarily beautiful location. Great place to watch the sunset over the water. The drive through the park to arrive sets a special tone. We felt lucky to be there. But like most places with amazing views, the food really disappoints. It's just so predictable; overpriced and underwhelming. It really seemed like they must have a lousy kitchen to work with, which would be understandable in such a park-like location. If I could do it gains, I would go for the view, drinks and appetizers and save my money and taste buds for a restaurant that specializes in food.Special Features:
- RobertVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great view in a perfect setting. The staff was friendly and atmosphere very nice. Food was good, portions small and a little expensive for what you receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing again!!!!maxxDined on 10/18/2014restaurant is beautiful, food was delicious and the service could not have been better!!!!Special Features:
- Very nice RestaurantLawrencervDined on 10/14/2014Excelent!! Very good service!! The place is romantic and the food es fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biscayne Bay Diningcormac7VIPDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful, warm service, delicious and clever dishes, with lots of seafood and other offerings as well, in a delightful beachside setting.Special Features:
- Belated Birthday DinnerJDavidDined on 10/10/2014Went to the restaurant on Friday the 10th and (my wife and I had visited the "Red Fish" previously) I was once again very satisfied with the food and the ambiance. This time, however. we decided to sit inside; none the less the view is still not too shabby.Special Features:
- It was Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The service was good. The scenery was awesome! Very romantic. Went for my anniversary, I made an excellent choice. She loved it. Had a problem with the food. There was a little piece of plastic in it. But the manager came over and gave me a brand new same dish. Even though I was already done eating it. Awesome customer service. I will recommend it and will be back again.Special Features:
- Great view and wonderful food!rayalli1VIPDined on 10/5/2014Red Fish is located in a park right on the water, surrounded by palm trees. The view was beautiful, service was attentive and the food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- best salmon everhiddengemDined on 10/4/2014I definitely will eat here again and recommend this restaurant. Service was great, wine affordable food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy to go againMustgoDined on 10/1/2014It was a really nice experience and I would definitely go again! Loved the waitresses! A five-star restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummytummy1Dined on 9/30/2014The restaurant is located in a very nice spot providing a romantic view ( but also providing the only negative aspect of the experience- the mosquitoes. I cut them a break on this as they could not be expected to solve this delimna but ask to sit inside if there is no breeze). The food is good as is the service. So with good food, good service and nice ambiance, this is a recommended find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Fish Grill is a Fantastic!hmccaffeDined on 9/28/2014Red Fish Grill prepares salad, seafood, desserts with cocktails or wine magnificently! The outdoor seating is spectacular and the view of the ocean is breathtaking!Special Features:
- An oasis in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was really nice, with a nice view, quiet. It is very different from the loud and hectic life in Miami. My husband and I had a very relaxing meal. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place,very romantic but..CarolDined on 9/27/2014I brought my boyfriend here for the first time for his birthday. I came at night it was very romantic, quiet and the scene was amazing, the service was great although I hate leaving negative feedback but I specifically requested for the waiter for do something simple but special for my boyfriend since it was his birthday and they failed to do so. I checked with the lady in the front and she let me know she would have the waiter bring dessert with a candle and they never did. Also they do not serve liquor. I definitely recommend this place, just make sure if you make a request you double check with the waiter.Special Features:
- Noisy InsideWorththeDriveDined on 9/27/2014Food was great and the servers were competent. The noise inside, due to the low ceilings and floor material meant we had to yell to be heard by the rest of the table. A great place for the lat 18 years.Special Features:
- Great food, nice view, good serviceBetterthanlastDined on 9/27/2014The seafood was super tasty, the view is very nice and the service is very good. It's defintely on the pricy side, but we had s lovely time.Special Features:
- Great placeRMauriDined on 9/21/2014The food was great the service was awesome definetly be coming back really soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Have been to Red Fish Grill many times through the years and the views outside are still lovely. It is a shame it is too hot to enjoy them half the year because sitting inside the restaurant and is cramped due to the low ceiling and table spacing. The food has really gone down hill. It is okay but not great like it was at one point many years ago. The portions are enormous. I would serve less and present a higher quality plate. Finally the service was atrocious. We had a 9pm restaurant and were made to wait 25 minutes and then another 10 minutes once we were at the table. I don't blame the waiter. He did the best he could do. They need to hire more staff and schedule better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our food was delicious and the service excellent! Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.