Red Fish Grill
9610 Old Cutler Road
Miami, FL 33156Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Red Fish Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfishgrill.net/
- Phone: 3056688788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory True
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Chris Klaic for all off-site catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Red Fish Grill has private dining available for your next business meeting or family function.
- Private Party Contact: Brittani Thoma 3056688788x
A word from Red Fish Grill
Remember when Matt Dillon was eavesdropping on Cameron Diaz in the movie "There's Something About Mary"? They were at Red Fish Grill. And what a location! Whether dining outside under the Palms at the edge of Biscayne Bay or in the historic coral stone dining room, this restaurant is like nowhere else. It's a slice of Florida that disappeared long ago in most parts of Miami. But it's a lot more than atmosphere that brings in the locals and notables. The menu is dedicated to fresh local seafood, cooked with a gourmet twist, sometimes Caribbean... sometimes Asian. Best bets: Fennel Seared Yellowfin Tuna on Crispy Wonton, Crab Cakes with Tropical Melon Slaw, Red Snapper with Shaved Red Onion Fennel Salad, Herb Crusted Sea Bass with White Bean Ragout, homemade Key Lime Pie and Caramel Flan with Toasted Coconut. And a wine list that's reasonable and varied. Please visit our website for further details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Red Fish Grill - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Red Fish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (156)romantic (156)scenic view (154)special occasion (121)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (28)notable wine list (25)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)Show More
- FrankieDined on 8/30/2014AMAZING...food, wine, ambiance and service.....my favorite spot in Miami...a little hidden jewel...thanks Louis for making my birthday special!!!!Special Features:
- Dining by the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful except it was warm insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and hotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food via Spice very good but the room was loud and on this Saturday night, hot, bc the AC couldn't be fixed in time for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- credit card compromiseMartyDined on 8/30/2014One of our guests had his discover card compromised by an illegal usage the following day. While the food was OK- it was overly spicy and the portions were very small for the price.Special Features:
- Lovely setting and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The unique setting and lovely view are made even better by the delicious food and great service. We sat indoors near one of the huge windows overlooking the outdoor dining terrace and the little bay beyond. Never felt rushed and we were able to enjoy the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When there for a night dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I recommend this restaurant very nice, the view is spectacular and we had a great time. The food was delicious. The only thing that they are missing is a bar, and the waiting space is too simple. After that everything was greatSpecial Features:
- Unforgettable!RomanceCapitalDined on 8/29/2014Surpassed my expectations and made me look really good in the eyes of my wife on our anniversary. Great food, awesome atmosphere, professional service. A model to what all restaurants should be like. Will definitely come back, I cant wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Staff and food was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I went to celebrate my anniversary and I couldn't have chosen a better place. It was romantic the food was delicious and the Staff were outstanding. From the moment I went in I was treated like I was a millionaire. I want to thank everyone for making this night unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethELIZABETHDined on 8/27/2014Love the fact that people don't take children here too often. Is a peaceful great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Red fish grill was great in all aspects of fine dining. Great view, menu, service, and a private beach to walk on. Truly worth a visit for all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special to Share1184326670032Dined on 8/26/2014My grandma's been taking care of my aunt, who has cancer. So taking her to Red Fish for Miami Spice, I found, was a great way to provide someone I love with a bit of relief. I got the jicama gazpacho, cumin tuna, and a key lime pie. None disappointed (while I do yield the cumin tuna was the most distinguished of the bunch) while my grandmother (a particularly picky eater) enjoyed her oysters, blackened swordfish, and flan. Our waiter, Derrick, went beyond the call of duty to make us feel at home. If you're looking for a nice view of Downtown, you won't get it with outdoor dining...though that's my sole complaint. The "other side" of Biscayne Bay was nevertheless impressive. There's a certain magic watching the palms dance in the breeze!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the OccasionDannyGirlDined on 8/26/2014Had dinner at Red Fish Grill for a quiet Romantic Birthday. It was perfect. View, Service and Food were all very good. My Sea Bass was perfectly prepared. Only a couple of cautions. I wouldn't recommend the tuna tartar if you really like tuna tartar, I didn't find this one great.Special Features:
- Great for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Quiet with a beautiful view and the food was excellent. Truly a gem of a restaurant. Short but robust menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCJuneVIPDined on 8/23/2014I don't usually rave about a restaurant but this one is rave worthy! Everything was made to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/22/2014Even though we had a reservation we had to wait 40 min for a table outside and were then shoved to a table in the corner that was flimsy with plastic chairs. We ordered an expensive bottle of wine and were told there were no ice buckets left and they would have to take our wine back inside. Our waitress seemed to be rushing us the entire dinner and just quickly and clumsily refilling our wine glasses before we could barely get a sip in. This was supposed to be a nice birthday dinner for my husband and I was very disappointing with the service and mediocre quality of the food for the price.
- Consistently outstandingAndyKDined on 8/22/2014As a native of Miami, I recall when the historic Red Fish Grill building was the snack bar at Matheson Hammock. Maybe that biases my review, but each time we have eaten at this restaurant, the food, service, and ambience have all be amazing. We will continue to frequent Red Fish Grill on special occasions.Special Features:
- Definitely recommend!RoyalRomanticFinediningDined on 8/21/2014Our waitress was very nice and profession. I ordered the Sea bass entree and it was delicious! Their Calamari appetizer was huge portion for two. My girlfriend steak medium well was very moist. I love their theme!Special Features:
- WOW!SteveOVIPDined on 8/20/2014From beginning to end, this meal was exceptional - and the cost was not much more than some very average places we went in Miami. The food was inventive but not weird, perfectly cooked and presented, and our waiter was exceptional. If you can handle the heat, sit outside - the view during the day is awesome, and nighttime is very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceViokaVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant las Saturday. We love to take advantage if Miami Soice so we order from that menu. The octopus ceviche was great and large for an appetizer. The red snapper, which is from their regular menu, was just delicious. My husband ordered the gazpacho, which he loved, and the pork chop, so large he couldn't finish it. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Had Miami Spice meal second date with a new girl and it was impressive for her thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticEspanola22Dined on 8/16/2014Very wonderful and soothing with the water next to you while you eat delicious seafood. I recommend everyone to try this beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Fish GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was amazing at Red Fish except the general manager who almost made me walk out before I even sat. Refused to sit us outside even though it was previously requested. Claimed it may rain which it never did. Also the only other complaint that I have is that this place has two bathroom stalls total. I was sent out near the beach to use that restroom. The food and my server were amazing. Def a Great spot if you can get past the general manager who could possibly be the rudest person i've ever dealt with at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always it is a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The view is the best. Food was excelentet. I had been in The RED Fish since. 1997.Special Features:
- Hope to go backCooperCityMomDined on 8/10/2014the service was gentle, kind & professional. The food was excellent. Large portions, good value for the money.Special Features:
- Great experience!LoveTurnerDined on 8/9/2014First time dining here and we loved it! Sat outside and the view was amazing. Will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront AND Great FoodSienaItalyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful waterfront views with food to match. Our group of four all had different menu items and everyone was thrilled with their choices. Being someone that believes Florida does not know how to do a "real" crabcake, Red Fish's were as good as any from Baltimore.Special Features:
- Great spot, excellent foodPieroDined on 8/5/2014I found this restaurant in a guide selecting the 10 most romantic restaurants in Miami ad they did not disappoint me! Service was very good and the food excellent. Two small remarks: they were out of tuna the night we were there (but they offered us complementary desserts), and the 2 white wines I had did not impress me (no worries, the wine list has plenty of choices). Apart from that, I would really recommend the place to anybody looking for a nice, romantic dinner in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pathetic service. Sad as food greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014Beautiful location and food was great but really lame service. It took over 30 mins to get our appetizers, no bread. ( they ran out by 7:45), entrees another 20-30ins to come out. It's a shame - potential is there for this to be an amazing dining experience if they get professional manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Location, Nice FoodRoccowebDined on 8/5/2014Great Food and view, what else could ask for. Outside siting is great, well served; but remember, mosquitoes could easily ruin your dinner. Inside is a little noisy. The food is excellent, well served and good portions. If you go to Miami, this place is a must.Special Features:
- wedding aniversaryJorgeFerrerDined on 8/3/2014made reservation at the last moment with no problems, excellent food Miami Spice Menu was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantloveparisDined on 8/3/2014We had dinner here with friends on Sunday night and it was wonderful. Great food and beautiful views. Try the Kale salad and Big Eye Tuna, they are both great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- wenbDined on 8/2/2014The only thing wrong is that they do not have a liquor license, the food, the ambience, etc are all exceptional. The service was good at times, and not so good at times.Our waiter seemed very busy and not as attentive as he should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMichDDined on 8/2/2014My hubby and I went here for our anniversary and Red Fish Grill is a hidden treasure. The food was superb and ambience romantic. The only thing was the high noise level inside of the restaurant. it was much quieter in the outside dinning area. The waitress we had was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous dining experience.FoodyDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is a must. Special little hideaway especially for a romantic night. The staff was great and provided good recommendations. The dishes were fabulous from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicate flavors, amazing settingYDineOutDined on 8/1/2014A family occasion brought us (couple + elderly mother) to Red Fish. The setting is always lovely. Unexpectedly the food was also especially wonderful. Really spectacular unique dishes with delicately interesting, good flavor, prepared to perfection. Presented beautifully. Also the service was flawless, tailored to our personal needs. If you haven't been for a few years, know that the culinary arts have improved; and it is now a spectacular food destination in addition to a lovely setting. And we were luck to be there at the start of the Miami Spice season, with wonderful selections for the three course dinners. And, we could actually hear each other and converse. All good.Special Features:
- greetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014too cold no one tell my girl happy birthday i request and that never happen :(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Ambience and views are great but the food is just ok. It is pricey and the food is not really that good. But the view is worth at least one visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming get-a-way feelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Beautiful restaurant, great food, amazing location. You almost feel like you left Miami and were transported to an island get-a-way. The only thing we could complain about was, the host playing favorites with the better tables in the house. Even though we arrived very early for dinner (6:30), and we had made specific reservations three days before, we were given some ambiguous excuse as to why the the better tables were "not available" to us. Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- Most Romantic Spot in MiamiHunHareDined on 7/25/2014Even though there was an Open Table glitch and our reservation didn't appear, the host and hostess scrambled to get us a table (on a Friday night!) and we were seated within five minutes. The food was great, and the ambiance can't be beat. This is our favorite spot for special occasions, and we'll keep coming for as long as we're able!Special Features:
- Red Fish Go FishDaviesDinerDined on 7/23/2014Loved it. How could we live just down the road for 2 years and never have been here ? Wonderful low key spot, great sea views, and simple but well done food with attentive waitstaff. And reasonably priced. Not a combination you get very often in Miami - we'll be back.Special Features: