Red Fin Restaurant
612 Stewart Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Red Fin Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfinsushi.com/
- Phone: 2064414340
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm and 10:00pm - Close Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chef Joel Lewis ; Sushi Chef Kazuo Takigawa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full lunch and dinner menus are available for catered events. With one week's advance notice, we can tailor to all of your catering needs.
- Special Events: Nightly specials! Monday: Neighborhood Night. Tuesday: $2 draft & $1 sake specials. Wednesday: Happy Hour all night. Thursday: 3 for $30 tasting menu & $3 wine glass pours. Saturday: 1/2 price wine on bottles under $50. Sunday: $2 wells
A word from Red Fin Restaurant
Red Fin, like its ever-popular sister restaurant Wasabi Bistro in Belltown, offers innovative Asian fusion in a stylish and inviting atmosphere. Hailed by locals and tourists alike for having some of the best sushi in the city, the inventive rolls and exquisitely prepared nigiri and sashimi platters delight all manners of sushi connoisseurs. Join us for your favorite libation at Red Fin’s bar featuring a broad variety of local and international wines, Japanese sakes and imaginative cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Fin Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last Day at the RED FINMrMotoDined on 7/18/2013Restaurant is closed as of 7/19/2013 Sorry to see it go.Special Features:
- Food was great, Service wasn't themodernhippieDined on 6/25/2013I have been to Red Fin several times and the food is always really great. Unfortunatley even with a reservation we ended up in a back corner by the storage room I believe this made it hard for our server to remember us because he forgot us several times and even completely missed our order of gyoza. But the food was great and always is and although I didn't have a cocktail since it was a business lunch, I have been for happy hours and their cocktails are great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My udon and steak was warm.SEAdinnerVIPDined on 6/12/2013My udon and steak was warm. Service was a bit slow.
- Arrived at lunch, but orderedKen48Dined on 5/12/2013Arrived at lunch, but ordered from dinner menu "Chef’s Choice Large Sashimi to Share" great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for conference lunchMtVernonVIPDined on 4/18/2013Nice food, comfortable setting. Service was a bit slow, and i'm not sure why, since there seemed to be sufficient staff. This is a very nice place to come for lunch during a conference/convention.Special Features:
- I just stoped in for an earlyPizzaEaterVIPDined on 4/13/2013I just stoped in for an early dinner and only had Salmon sashimi. It was good. The service was fine too. The music was a little loud and whoever was in charge kept changing the channel.
- Nice place for lunch. FoodhikeguruDined on 3/11/2013Nice place for lunch. Food and Service were good. Moderately priced. Nice quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- This was our second time intoOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/4/2013This was our second time into Redfin for dinner before a show and our second time having Sheana as our server. She was so efficient and friendly, catered to our need to be out by a certain time to catch our show. She explained and suggested some delicious rolls Budha and 7th. Both were delicious! She made sure dishes were out of our way, water always full and any need we had was met. We had their hot sake for drinks and it was great. Food took a little longer then normal but Sheana made sure to let us know in advance of the longer wait.Special Features:
- The food was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food was really good, although the portions were very small for the price. You can go to some of the more known sushi restaurants downtown and pay about the same amount for more food. I prob won't go again.Special Features:
- Amazing three course lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Amazing three course lunch menu for only $15 keeps us coming back time and again to enjoy this beautifully decorated downtown gem!Special Features:
- Very knowledgeable serverInfomancyDined on 1/25/2013Very knowledgeable server was able to recommend a nice sake and great roll choices for those with less sushi experience.Special Features:
- When we arrived, we were toldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013When we arrived, we were told that the kitchen didn't open until noon yet our reservations via OpenTable was accepted for 11:45. We were treated like this was OUR fault. Additionally the menu online was not reflective of the prices in the menu, despite our being there so early, there was no brunch or lunch offerings which led to some confusion since we'd been looking at the online menus ahead of time. The restaurant's own website was seriously lacking and I would encourage them to improve this to entice customers. The food was very good as were the drinks but the restaurant was SUPER cold which took away from our experience.
- Red Fin is one of my two favoriteFantayssiaDined on 1/18/2013Red Fin is one of my two favorite sushi restaurants in Seattle (the other is run by the same folks - Wasabi Bistro). The food is always great, and the service usually is too. This time though, the food was great, but the service was a bit of a miss. I'll definitely be back and hope the service was a one-time fluke.
- Good food if you have the time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2013If you like sushi and your not in a rush I would recommend giving Red Fin a try. The sushi rolls were very good, a friend and I shared a spicy tuna roll, spider roll and dragon roll. The miso soup was interesting and tasy not your typical miso, tasted like it was more of a chicken broth verse the traditional bean base and had generius portions of mushrooms, seaweed, and green onion mixed in. The only draw back was how slow the service was. I don't recommend going if your limited on time. This was my third lunch at Red Fin and each time the servic has been very slow.
- Started with the Lychee MartiniOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Started with the Lychee Martini which was fantastic. They don't skip on the alcohol. Short ribs, miso cod, uptown Cali rolls and Buhdda Rolls were excellent. There was a roll that was coated in tempera that was okay and the dessert banana bread pudding was also okay. Wasn't too crazy even though it was NYE. Overall a great dinner.
- Awesome sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012I love this place for sushi. The service is always top notch and I've never had a bad roll here. All the food is fabulous.Special Features:
- Great place to each sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2012Food was great except for the cucumber Fizz drink. All I could taste in the martini cucumber fizz was alcohol, no flavor of cucumber or nothing. I couldn't even swallow the drink because it was super strong and then they took it back and put more carbonated soda and it all I tasted was the carbonation soda. Not a drink I recommend ordering there, but the waiter was nice enough to take it off the bill which I thank him. Other than that, I found it a great place to each sushi and excellent happy hour. Will definitely return again. Great customer service!Special Features:
- Red Fin roll disappointsNapaNVIPDined on 12/27/2012I tried their signature sushi roll for the first time, it was somewhat disappointing and not up to par with the rest of their rolls which are outstanding. As usual, the service and ambiance were outstanding.Special Features:
- Service was amazing, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/24/2012Service was amazing, food was delicious, ambiance, and staff added to a perfect dinner. Love the sushi rolls, especially 7th avenue and Spicy Crab. Garlic edamama is phenomenal! Lychee martini is sweet but delicious! This place is a must, stopped in before a movie at Pacific Place. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great, imaginative sushi rolls.FoodFanVIPDined on 12/15/2012Great, imaginative sushi rolls. I prefer the lunch menu over the dinner menu because of the "bento box". Great option for vegetarian diners.Special Features:
- excellent food, our secondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012excellent food, our second time, will be back again. Staff were all professional and added to a nice eveningSpecial Features:
- This place used to be amazing,MacseattleVIPDined on 12/12/2012This place used to be amazing, but the last few times I've gone during lunch, service has been painfully slow. Over an hour to receive lunch is TOO long. Please beef up your staffing and understand some folks need to get in and out in a timely manner. Thanks
- We came in for happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/9/2012We came in for happy hour and had the best server Shanna take care of us. She was knowledgeable about the menu and so helpful with reccomendations and suggestions. She was attentive to every detail of service, when our drinks were low, empty dishes, and water, she was there to take care of it. She is a gem! The food was awesome, we loved the Chef Choice Sushi-Sashimi, and had some amazing rolls. Make sure to try the escolar!! Enjoyed some of their speciality drinks, delicious. Happy Hour is in the entire restaurant, and they have so many options for a great price. It's a must for Happy Hour any day of the week. California has great sushi but this restaurant is now a favorite! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Very conscientious and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Very conscientious and attentive staff. Sushi fresh and flavorfulSpecial Features:
- Delicious sushi, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/5/2012Delicious sushi, food and drinks. Incredible service, attentive, timely, friendly and so helpful explaining the menu. We sat in the restaurant and loved the ambiance and music. Awesome happy hour with both options for the sushi eater and the non-sushi eater, best part is Happy Hour is available in the entire restaurant. We will be coming back, can't wait!!Special Features:
- Nice that I could get someOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Nice that I could get some acceptable sushi, while my friend, who doesn't eat sushi, could have a steak. Really good seaweed salad and decent sushi at ok prices. Nice ambiance and solid service. Good stuff.Special Features:
- We were a group of about 10OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2012We were a group of about 10 throughout the evening, I was hosting a happy hour event for clients. What great service considering how busy they were, servers/bartenders were very accomodating! As far as food, everything on their happy hour menu was very good - you cannot miss the mushroom dumplings (we must've ordered at least 5 of those).Special Features:
- I had wanted to try this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/23/2012I had wanted to try this place for a long time, and I am happy I did! We had sushi, and it was fresh enough to swim to my table. The service was excellent, and very patient with my companion who is new to sushi. It's not the least expensive sushi around, but in this case you do get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Love Red FinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Will always come here for sushi! Just love this place and it is really reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- Great sushi and soups.. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Great sushi and soups.. We loved the whole experience. Chef was great, he was fast when we asked for anything at the bar. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fish was very fresh, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Fish was very fresh, service was above par, and very friendly wait staff. Price was roughly equivalent to other sushi restaurants.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE service! After forgettinghowtoNOTcookawolfDined on 8/1/2012HORRIBLE service! After forgetting to bring out a tuna appetizer 25 minutes into our dinner, we decided to cancel that order with our server. Believe it or not, after we finished eating and scanning our credit card for payment, the TUNA APPETIZER decided to show up. Not only did we get charged for something that we had decided to cancel, but our server was totally oblivious! I would never go back to this restaurant again.
- Red Fin was average at best.TerpfanVIPDined on 7/3/2012Red Fin was average at best. The place was empty (although it was early in the evening) and they appeared to be struggling from just recently getting their liquor license back. They only had one server working and this made the pace slow because he had to wait on everyone (only three or four tables in the whole place were occupied, however). The sushi was just ok. The sashimi tasted reasonably fresh, but I have had much better tasting sashami before. The rolls seemed uninspired--looking like something out of a grocery store case. It was fine for a reasonably quick early dinner, but we didn't feel like we made a very good choice with all of the options in this town know for its fish.
- The setting was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The setting was fantastic for my date night with the wife. Bright enough to enjoy each others company, yet stylishly lit. The food was fantastic. There were plenty of options allowing for us to chose individually or share a meal. Our waiter was extremely accommodating and never once left us in need of anything. The front staff was also very welcoming and took the time to call us after I made the reservation to make sure we understood that the city was late in giving them their liquor license and thus unable to serve alcohol. I look forward to returning soon and experiencing the bar as well.Special Features:
- Delicious sushi menu. OfferingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2012Delicious sushi menu. Offerings for "need to eat cooked foods" as well.
- Bad timing - arrived on aNateVIPDined on 6/22/2012Bad timing - arrived on a day when they didn't have their new liquor license.
- Good food. Awful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2012They had lost their liquor license the day before we dined there so no sake allowed. The food was great but it took 8-10 minutes before we even got water. The another 10 minutes before we could order. Then she brought our entree and I said, "could we get our miso soup, our salad & edamame too?" and she apologized and brought our Miso and salad. The edamame never did come. And we had to ask for the check at the end of our meal. It was ridiculously poor service. My guess is that they thought they would not get diners because they had no alcohol so they cut all the staff but people came anyway and left one girl to serve the entire restaurant. Not smart really. Food was good though so I might go back.
- Superb rolls. Inventive.PabloVIPDined on 6/18/2012Superb rolls. Inventive. Also, the Pork Gyoza and Mushroom Dumplings are both excellent. And the Edamame was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Love this place for creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2012Love this place for creative new school sushi rolls.Special Features:
- Good food but inconsistenciesTracykaeVIPDined on 5/27/2012Food is really good but both food and service can be inconsistent (especially the service).Special Features: