Red Feather Lounge
246 N 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Red Feather Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfeatherlounge.com/
- Phone: 2084296340x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 8:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Josh Jeffrey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Feather Wine Cellar is available for private parties of up to 24 people. The cellar has a flat panel TV with Apple TV and IPAD that can be used with for presentations. It features a private bar, dedicated service staff, and a private restroom.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 208-585-7722x
A word from Red Feather Lounge
At Red Feather Lounge the focus is on craft cocktails, along with side by side companion Bittercreek Alehouse the partner restaurants also feature Boise's deepest collection of rare beer and wine. The menu is focused on the Treasure Valley and the Magic Valley's abundant local farm scene and the culinary team follows the seasons with weekly changes to highlight the regions best products. Located in the heart of downtown Boise, the feel is upscale and the culture is so casual even cowboy hats are welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Red Feather Lounge - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Red Feather Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (13)hot spot (13)great for brunch (13)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cocktail Lovers DreamBadmanDined on 10/18/2014The hand crafted classic cocktails are fantastic. A great selection of craft beers. Excellent food is the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to impress someoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Red Feather is great in so many aspects. Locally grown food, superb service, always amazing taste & great ambiance. I recently took my friend there to show my appreciation of his kindness taking care of my daughters bunny while we were in Seattle. I also loved the ease of making reservations on-line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality has gone downWine2DineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Red feather definitely is not what it use to be. Food has gone way downhill. It is not good. The lamb burger looked like a slider on a huge bun, the short ribs were full of fat. If I were the chef I would have never let that out of the kitchen. We we sent it back, not even a manager came to the table to check on us. Our service was terrible. The waitress couldn't open our wine, was slow, took forever to help us. She had no idea what was going on. We would should have left except the atmosphere was so cool. It's a shame - cool, yet I won't go back.
- Perfect brunch spotmeowcatDined on 10/5/2014The food was great! The portions were not overwhelming and priced well. You could tell quality ingredients were used. The selection was great for me, a vegetarian, and my meat-eating boyfriend. The carafe of mimosa was also an excellent deal. We went for a special occasion and really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great place!New2IdahoDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I just moved to Idaho 3 months ago. Our first night out was at the Red Feather Lounge this weekend. We both really enjoyed our meals. The vibe in the restaurant was relaxed and positive. Everyone was friendly and easy-going. Our drinks were perfect, the waitstaff was tops. Can't wait to check out their sister pub too.Special Features:
- BrunchrichardDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed our brunch here; it had been awhile since we'd tried it. Good brunch cocktails (Venetian Mimosa is not the usual cloying mimosa). Son of a Biscuit: deliciously crunchy, moist fried chicken; dish well-seasoned & tasty. Fall Veggie Eggs Benedict not quite as successful: veggies were cold (right out of fridge)--ribbons of squash & chopped kale. The first bite was almost ice-cold, but once the eggs warmed them up a bit it was better. The dish would be more successful if the veggies had been given a light saute; also, toasting the crumpet/English muffin would elevate this dish (and all benedicts) even more. Enjoyed the grapefruit brulee--I want a blowtorch at home to duplicate this one!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014So much fun for my birthday! Fit a large group nicelySpecial Features:
- PerfectLuckyDogDined on 9/2/2014Excellent food, spirits, staff, and environment. Seating was immediate and comfortable.Special Features:
- old and out dateddoctordosVIPDined on 8/25/2014old style and out dated menu. To loud for a good meal, if you want loud go next door to the Bar
- My Favorite BrunchAJUSTINDined on 8/24/2014Hands down this is my favorite place to have brunch in Boise, everything I've tried on the menu is delicious. Try the Ham and Halloumi Sandwich, I think it's amazing. Other stand out dishes for me are the Oatmeal Soufflé, Breakfast Pizza, and Green Eggs and Ham.Special Features:
- Enjoy the nightDND1Dined on 8/23/2014We don't eat out very often so when we do, we want to have great food and awesome service. We were not disappointed. The whole evening was wonderful and relaxing. We would recommend and visit again.Special Features:
- Perfect Bachelorette DinnerAnboDined on 7/25/2014I arranged a small bachelorette dinner party at Red Feather and it turned out to be a wonderful experience. Our server was as nice as could be and had great suggestions for cocktails/appetizers. The food was fantastic. We were even surprised with a champagne toast. I recommend making reservations here for any get-together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Except for serverOut2eatDined on 7/20/2014Nice menu, ambience, nice wine by the glass, only the server whose demeanor was much too cool .. Like he had better things to do,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waste of a reservationTNT4Dined on 7/19/2014I would not recommend this restraunt to anybody. Our waiter wasnt that friendly and we were told they ran out of duck which was on more than half their menu and when we left we saw that other people had duck dishes. The food also tasted burnt or not cooked enough I.e. fries and pizza. Nothing but a waste of time and moneySpecial Features:
- Great diningZimoDined on 7/18/2014We love Red Feather and always make it our special place. Service is always good and the food is fantastic. However, our waitress was doing an incredible job but I had the feeling the cook staff was very slow. We ended up getting our salad with our main meal instead of beforehand. Anyway, super food, super waitress; just confused on the cooking end of it. Thanks, Pete Zimowsky, Zimo's Northwest Outdoors www.getoutdoorsnorthwest.comSpecial Features:
- Disappointedk8teDined on 7/13/2014We were excited to dine at Red Feather after hearing good things, but it was not what we had hoped. Our server seemed "put upon" and any questions we asked, she looked at us like we were idiots. My sister and I split a lamb and a lounge burger. Usually a server is willing to cut it for us but she just said "Well I bring you a knife". Also, we were never asked how we liked our burger cooked and the lounge burger was almost raw and falling apart. The lamb burger was good. We had a well behaved party of 5. No texting, nothing out of the way on our part. Ordered lots of food and drink and tipped accordingly. Service should be held to a higher standard at a place like this.
- Great Saturday or Sunday BrunchGreatfindDined on 7/5/2014This is a great find for Brunch, lunch or dinner. Our teenage daughter's favorite brunch spot. The food and service is always top notch. Unique items and house made. Love the location in downtown and lots of character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JandGDined on 6/27/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday at the Red Feather and this place exceeded ALL expectations! The food and drinks were incredible and the service was beyond fantastic! Great ambiance and we love how they support the local farmers where possible! Highly recommended and we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 273 reviews are from the Red Feather Lounge reviews archive.
- Favorite in BoiseImspiceyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Was on a visit to Boise after moving away 7 years ago. It was my favorite then and still is today. The food, drinks and service are always amazing and it'll be my favorite as I continue to visit Boise in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Brunch @ Red FeatherFJKSDined on 6/15/2014I had made reservations for 10 & an infant seat spot was needed. Our setting was ideal as we were upstairs in a corner booth area that was the perfect size and included room for our two week old grandson. The server was lovely and attentive. The food was great and we enjoyed our privacy! Thank you, Red Feather for fantastically providing us with great food, ambiance, and space to celebrate Father's Day. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We have been coming for this brunch many years. We love the food and the friendly service. My husband and I had the steak and eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut of LegendGGSeymourDined on 6/12/2014We've lived by Red Feather for about 2 years, but last week was our first chance to actually give them a shot. Our server, who was incredibly kind and knowledgeable, mentioned that people tend to rave about the halibut, so, at her suggestion, I chose that dish, and was blown away. My wife had the arugula + fennel + bacon pizza, which was excellent too. Honorable mention to the polenta fries and cumin aioli, an excellent appetizer. We each had 2 drinks, shared an appetizer, each had an entree, as well as dessert... and still got out under $100 with tip. Oh, and the ambiance is great, too - the patio looks awesome for a few drinks with friends, but the inside (especially upstairs) makes for a great date night.Special Features:
- Sgt James Derrickson, US AIR FORCEJD1985Dined on 6/11/2014This place was for a first date of mine.. It caused for a warm comfortat vibe where we could talk, laugh and get to know one another.. You made her favorite drink exactly as she requested and now she wants to make it "our" spot..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deserved good reputationMishcaDined on 6/9/2014Great food, good service. Outside seating for a dinner meeting on a week night worked well. Not too loud, fun people watching. Grilled kale salad topped with salmon was great. Best apple chicken salad around. More affordable than we expected.Special Features:
- Eat here!YummyDined on 6/7/2014Good, unique food choices, fun atmosphere, not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PresentationTeriTDined on 6/5/2014We both had the Cobb Salad and it was tasty but hard to eat on the long narrow plate. A big bowl would have been much better.Special Features:
- Delicious food & exciting cocktailsMarmzyDined on 5/26/2014I chose the Red Fearher for a small birthday gathering because of the ambiance and food. We all immensely enjoyed our lunches and left satisfied, not too full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Feather/Bad TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014It was naive of me to think making reservations would provide a table in a quiet location. Three of us were given a table top for two right by the door. We had to juggle our plates, it was not comfortable, it was noisy. I asked for a table elsewhere and was denied that...though we saw plenty of tables that were open the entire time we dined. I've had plenty of enjoyable meals at Red Feather, but the table on this past visit was intolerable.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceemptystomachDined on 5/11/2014I enjoyed eating at the Red Feather Lounge. We went there for Mothers Day around 3 and the place was pretty empty, so it worked great for the family. Food was really good. A little pricey, but worth it. Great service too!Special Features:
- Great BrunchklaubDined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely Mother's Day brunch. There was a slight problem with our order but it was easily resolved and the item was taken off of our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Always love going to RF! Great food and drinks! Fun to sit on patio or host a party in the basement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day celebration with sisters.sister4Dined on 5/9/2014Fun time, great food and ambiance. Wine list is superb and the food even better. Service was excellent and the server did a perfect job.Special Features:
- GreatTheBigG2003Dined on 5/7/2014A great experience. Great food and drink. Great service. Atmosphere is definitely quiet upstairs and easy to talk to someone.Special Features:
- Great breakfast!Birdie14Dined on 5/3/2014This was my first time to this restaurant for breakfast. Excellent food and service. We had reservations and they put us upstairs where it was very dark especially for breakfast. It would have been fine for dinner but I wish it was a brighter and more cheery during the daytime hours.Special Features:
- First Trip to BoiseGriffDined on 4/30/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table. Have never been to Boise before and had to stay over for flight. This restaurant is a gem. Food was excellent. The Grilled Kale Caesar Salad was to die for. Salmon was very good. Service (Nicholette) was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never hears of LaCrema?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Waitress is not well trained. She was not familiar with wines sufficient to make a recommendation. At first, we were seated at a table maybe suited for cocktails, but certainly not dinner. The second table was near a burned out light and spent candle. The meal was very good, came quickly. The waitress needs to know more about the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boise TreasureSharon45BoiseDined on 4/26/2014Red Feather offers a delightful brunch with unusual offerings like Oatmeal Soufflé and Veggie Hash. Delicious drinks, good coffee and great service! Enjoy the Saturday Market and stop in for Brinch or Lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLexieDined on 4/23/2014Used to love this restaurant but the last two visits have been very disappointing. They have reduced their menu greatly. We were there early (6:30 ish) and they were already out of some menu items. The waitress did not have it together and ended up putting several things on our check that we did not order. I won't go back :(
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014I got the half chicken and switched out the pilaf for the spatz, and maybe that was my mistake, but the meal was very redundant and boring. The chicken was moist and a beautiful brown and the spatz was buttery rich and... brown... There was no color on the plate. Plus there was nothing to cut through all that richness. It was a very one note meal. I tasted my mother's pizza and didn't note anything special about it. The last time I went to the red feather, the meal was delicious and the menu more creative. I think the service is good (though the waitress was wearing perfume which is inappropriate. I'm there to experience the food and drink, not smell her the entire time.) Overall it was ok, but it could have been better.
- good food but terrible servicefoodies4everDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter brunch and were seated immediately. The breakfast menu is varied and interesting. The fancy mimosa - delightful. The music was perfect. The waitstaff person, however, wasn't very good. She forgot the drink order and one of our food orders was wrong. She was so disinterested that we just ate what she gave us. She was unpleasant and seemed very distracted as she complained about how tired she was. We found it odd that she was in the restaurant business which usually requires better customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.