Red Feather Lounge
246 N 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Red Feather Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfeatherlounge.com/
- Phone: (208) 429-6340
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 8:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Josh Jeffrey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Feather Wine Cellar is available for private parties of up to 24 people. The cellar has a flat panel TV with Apple TV and IPAD that can be used with for presentations. It features a private bar, dedicated service staff, and a private restroom.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 208-585-7722x
A word from Red Feather Lounge
At Red Feather Lounge the focus is on craft cocktails, along with side by side companion Bittercreek Alehouse the partner restaurants also feature Boise's deepest collection of rare beer and wine. The menu is focused on the Treasure Valley and the Magic Valley's abundant local farm scene and the culinary team follows the seasons with weekly changes to highlight the regions best products. Located in the heart of downtown Boise, the feel is upscale and the culture is so casual even cowboy hats are welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Red Feather Lounge - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Red Feather Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (19)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014My california family visiting were all impressed with true variety, freshness, look and taste of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red FeatherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Drinks were on par and our service was as good as could be expected for a busy Friday night. My only complaint is that I'd specifically asked to sit at a table upstairs to accommodate our bigger group easier but when I got there they said they only had a table downstairs for us, which was fine, I was just looking forward to the rounder tables upstairs to make it easier for all of us to be able to talk without yelling. I figured since I had made the invite 4 days ahead of time we would have got it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJan021VIPDined on 11/21/2014Haven't been to RF in some months and I'm not digging the new upstairs arrangement. Sitting the back corner is pretty close to other diners. Bring back the tables for 2 along the rail! Enjoyed the food as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a fan but....gurllikestoeatDined on 11/9/2014I've been to Red Feather more than a dozen of times but this last trip may be my last for a while.We went on a Sunday around 11, service was slower than normal for a Sunday, one of thwir busiest days. The delicious wonderful French Toast is no longer on the menu& while I realize that menu's are constantly changing, you need to have french toast or not run out of pancakes by 11. But the food I did order was delicious even if I was jonesing for pancakes or French toast. The cheddar hash is a must & never diasapoints, 2 eggs, pretty standard , you can't mess that up and grapefruit brulee, although delicious, was not correctly when it was sent out. Do not sit close to the door unless you bring a coat & are ready to be crowded by those waiting.Special Features:
- Great dinner at Red FeatherTripperDined on 11/1/2014Our group of four had an excellent dinner at Red Feather Saturday night. We started with two salads...roasted beet and grilled kale. Both were beautiful and delicious. We also had a flatbread with tapenade that was good. Two of our group had the prefix three course for restaurant week...duck and salmon. The others had the pork chop and the halibut. All of the entrees were very good. We ordered beer and wine by the glass. We shared a dessert... The restaurant is very attractive. Competent service from the wait staff. Lovely dinner on a cold and rainy night!Special Features:
- brunchregularDined on 10/26/2014Love this restaurant and the people. Service is always impeccable and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktail Lovers DreamBadmanDined on 10/18/2014The hand crafted classic cocktails are fantastic. A great selection of craft beers. Excellent food is the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to impress someoneMoniDined on 10/18/2014Red Feather is great in so many aspects. Locally grown food, superb service, always amazing taste & great ambiance. I recently took my friend there to show my appreciation of his kindness taking care of my daughters bunny while we were in Seattle. I also loved the ease of making reservations on-line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality has gone downWine2DineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Red feather definitely is not what it use to be. Food has gone way downhill. It is not good. The lamb burger looked like a slider on a huge bun, the short ribs were full of fat. If I were the chef I would have never let that out of the kitchen. We we sent it back, not even a manager came to the table to check on us. Our service was terrible. The waitress couldn't open our wine, was slow, took forever to help us. She had no idea what was going on. We would should have left except the atmosphere was so cool. It's a shame - cool, yet I won't go back.
- Perfect brunch spotmeowcatDined on 10/5/2014The food was great! The portions were not overwhelming and priced well. You could tell quality ingredients were used. The selection was great for me, a vegetarian, and my meat-eating boyfriend. The carafe of mimosa was also an excellent deal. We went for a special occasion and really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great place!New2IdahoDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I just moved to Idaho 3 months ago. Our first night out was at the Red Feather Lounge this weekend. We both really enjoyed our meals. The vibe in the restaurant was relaxed and positive. Everyone was friendly and easy-going. Our drinks were perfect, the waitstaff was tops. Can't wait to check out their sister pub too.Special Features:
- BrunchrichardDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed our brunch here; it had been awhile since we'd tried it. Good brunch cocktails (Venetian Mimosa is not the usual cloying mimosa). Son of a Biscuit: deliciously crunchy, moist fried chicken; dish well-seasoned & tasty. Fall Veggie Eggs Benedict not quite as successful: veggies were cold (right out of fridge)--ribbons of squash & chopped kale. The first bite was almost ice-cold, but once the eggs warmed them up a bit it was better. The dish would be more successful if the veggies had been given a light saute; also, toasting the crumpet/English muffin would elevate this dish (and all benedicts) even more. Enjoyed the grapefruit brulee--I want a blowtorch at home to duplicate this one!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014So much fun for my birthday! Fit a large group nicelySpecial Features:
- PerfectLuckyDogDined on 9/2/2014Excellent food, spirits, staff, and environment. Seating was immediate and comfortable.Special Features:
- old and out dateddoctordosVIPDined on 8/25/2014old style and out dated menu. To loud for a good meal, if you want loud go next door to the Bar
- My Favorite BrunchAJUSTINDined on 8/24/2014Hands down this is my favorite place to have brunch in Boise, everything I've tried on the menu is delicious. Try the Ham and Halloumi Sandwich, I think it's amazing. Other stand out dishes for me are the Oatmeal Soufflé, Breakfast Pizza, and Green Eggs and Ham.Special Features:
- Enjoy the nightDND1Dined on 8/23/2014We don't eat out very often so when we do, we want to have great food and awesome service. We were not disappointed. The whole evening was wonderful and relaxing. We would recommend and visit again.Special Features:
- The following 280 reviews are from the Red Feather Lounge reviews archive.
- Perfect Bachelorette DinnerAnboDined on 7/25/2014I arranged a small bachelorette dinner party at Red Feather and it turned out to be a wonderful experience. Our server was as nice as could be and had great suggestions for cocktails/appetizers. The food was fantastic. We were even surprised with a champagne toast. I recommend making reservations here for any get-together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Except for serverOut2eatDined on 7/20/2014Nice menu, ambience, nice wine by the glass, only the server whose demeanor was much too cool .. Like he had better things to do,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waste of a reservationTNT4Dined on 7/19/2014I would not recommend this restraunt to anybody. Our waiter wasnt that friendly and we were told they ran out of duck which was on more than half their menu and when we left we saw that other people had duck dishes. The food also tasted burnt or not cooked enough I.e. fries and pizza. Nothing but a waste of time and moneySpecial Features:
- Great diningZimoDined on 7/18/2014We love Red Feather and always make it our special place. Service is always good and the food is fantastic. However, our waitress was doing an incredible job but I had the feeling the cook staff was very slow. We ended up getting our salad with our main meal instead of beforehand. Anyway, super food, super waitress; just confused on the cooking end of it. Thanks, Pete Zimowsky, Zimo's Northwest Outdoors www.getoutdoorsnorthwest.comSpecial Features:
- Disappointedk8teDined on 7/13/2014We were excited to dine at Red Feather after hearing good things, but it was not what we had hoped. Our server seemed "put upon" and any questions we asked, she looked at us like we were idiots. My sister and I split a lamb and a lounge burger. Usually a server is willing to cut it for us but she just said "Well I bring you a knife". Also, we were never asked how we liked our burger cooked and the lounge burger was almost raw and falling apart. The lamb burger was good. We had a well behaved party of 5. No texting, nothing out of the way on our part. Ordered lots of food and drink and tipped accordingly. Service should be held to a higher standard at a place like this.
- Great Saturday or Sunday BrunchGreatfindDined on 7/5/2014This is a great find for Brunch, lunch or dinner. Our teenage daughter's favorite brunch spot. The food and service is always top notch. Unique items and house made. Love the location in downtown and lots of character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JandGDined on 6/27/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday at the Red Feather and this place exceeded ALL expectations! The food and drinks were incredible and the service was beyond fantastic! Great ambiance and we love how they support the local farmers where possible! Highly recommended and we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in BoiseImspiceyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Was on a visit to Boise after moving away 7 years ago. It was my favorite then and still is today. The food, drinks and service are always amazing and it'll be my favorite as I continue to visit Boise in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Brunch @ Red FeatherFJKSDined on 6/15/2014I had made reservations for 10 & an infant seat spot was needed. Our setting was ideal as we were upstairs in a corner booth area that was the perfect size and included room for our two week old grandson. The server was lovely and attentive. The food was great and we enjoyed our privacy! Thank you, Red Feather for fantastically providing us with great food, ambiance, and space to celebrate Father's Day. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We have been coming for this brunch many years. We love the food and the friendly service. My husband and I had the steak and eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut of LegendGGSeymourDined on 6/12/2014We've lived by Red Feather for about 2 years, but last week was our first chance to actually give them a shot. Our server, who was incredibly kind and knowledgeable, mentioned that people tend to rave about the halibut, so, at her suggestion, I chose that dish, and was blown away. My wife had the arugula + fennel + bacon pizza, which was excellent too. Honorable mention to the polenta fries and cumin aioli, an excellent appetizer. We each had 2 drinks, shared an appetizer, each had an entree, as well as dessert... and still got out under $100 with tip. Oh, and the ambiance is great, too - the patio looks awesome for a few drinks with friends, but the inside (especially upstairs) makes for a great date night.Special Features:
- Sgt James Derrickson, US AIR FORCEJD1985Dined on 6/11/2014This place was for a first date of mine.. It caused for a warm comfortat vibe where we could talk, laugh and get to know one another.. You made her favorite drink exactly as she requested and now she wants to make it "our" spot..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deserved good reputationMishcaDined on 6/9/2014Great food, good service. Outside seating for a dinner meeting on a week night worked well. Not too loud, fun people watching. Grilled kale salad topped with salmon was great. Best apple chicken salad around. More affordable than we expected.Special Features:
- Eat here!YummyDined on 6/7/2014Good, unique food choices, fun atmosphere, not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PresentationTeriTDined on 6/5/2014We both had the Cobb Salad and it was tasty but hard to eat on the long narrow plate. A big bowl would have been much better.Special Features:
- Delicious food & exciting cocktailsMarmzyDined on 5/26/2014I chose the Red Fearher for a small birthday gathering because of the ambiance and food. We all immensely enjoyed our lunches and left satisfied, not too full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Feather/Bad TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014It was naive of me to think making reservations would provide a table in a quiet location. Three of us were given a table top for two right by the door. We had to juggle our plates, it was not comfortable, it was noisy. I asked for a table elsewhere and was denied that...though we saw plenty of tables that were open the entire time we dined. I've had plenty of enjoyable meals at Red Feather, but the table on this past visit was intolerable.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceemptystomachDined on 5/11/2014I enjoyed eating at the Red Feather Lounge. We went there for Mothers Day around 3 and the place was pretty empty, so it worked great for the family. Food was really good. A little pricey, but worth it. Great service too!Special Features:
- Great BrunchklaubDined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely Mother's Day brunch. There was a slight problem with our order but it was easily resolved and the item was taken off of our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Always love going to RF! Great food and drinks! Fun to sit on patio or host a party in the basement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day celebration with sisters.sister4Dined on 5/9/2014Fun time, great food and ambiance. Wine list is superb and the food even better. Service was excellent and the server did a perfect job.Special Features:
- GreatTheBigG2003Dined on 5/7/2014A great experience. Great food and drink. Great service. Atmosphere is definitely quiet upstairs and easy to talk to someone.Special Features:
- Great breakfast!Birdie14Dined on 5/3/2014This was my first time to this restaurant for breakfast. Excellent food and service. We had reservations and they put us upstairs where it was very dark especially for breakfast. It would have been fine for dinner but I wish it was a brighter and more cheery during the daytime hours.Special Features: