Red Eye Brewing Company
612 Washington St
Wausau, WI 54403Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Eye Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://redeyebrewing.com/
- Phone: (715) 843-7334
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Lorio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Red Eye Brewing Company
At Red Eye we pride ourselves with providing our community with the freshest beer and food available. We strive to operate responsibly, and source natural and locally, when possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Red Eye Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Wausau ›
Red Eye Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (21)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (11)late-night find (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Rising priceslocaleaterDined on 11/15/2014We love this restaurant and always have. It's one of our favorites. I was very disappointed, however, that the prices have turned to nikel and diming. My "side" of kettle chips used to be included with the Cowboy Panini, and now it costs an extra $2. The side my wife ordered was an extra $3. They no longer offer our favorite dessert, so we ordered something else this time...$11 for a relatively small dessert portion. They still have great beer and great food, but charging extra for the side items and more for a dessert than for my entre?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertainment and foodsmw1005Dined on 11/7/2014The entertainment - Trout Steak Revival was excellent and the place was rocking. Extremely fun evening with friends and fantastic music. The food - Your food was superb as usual and I was very pleased as I am a local person and several of my Friends had never been to your restaurant before and all were raving about their meals!! Our waitress did an excellent job serving us which was not easy with all the people standing, clapping and dancing. All in All a fantastic evening was had by Everyone. You make me proud to be from Wausau!!!Special Features:
- Excellent eveningJoolsVIPDined on 11/7/2014With a group, including four kids, we were happy to be able to have reservations thru Open Table. We all loved our food, our server was very patient and attentive. We really had a great time with good beer and good food. I recommend Red Eye for beer and for their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bikes make for cute decorations!Amy7213Dined on 10/29/2014Delicious food and a fun atmosphere! We loved the different food options and fun Halloween themed drinks. Really good food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCtransplantDined on 10/25/2014Get the Forager pizza. The Festbier was great! Growler refills are only around $10 which is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in my entrée.JudeO2Dined on 10/23/2014This was my second visit to the Red Eye and I was disappointed in my entrée. I had the chef special of pan seared scallops. When they arrived they were slightly under cooked, and too salty. There were 3 large scallops atop a mixture of vegetables covered in a cheese sauce. It wasn't what I envisioned at all when I read the description. I didn't eat it and the waitress did take them off the bill without me asking when I told her the dish was bad. My dining friend shared her baked chicken mac with me. It was a large portion and it was very good. I would order that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite eatery in Wausau!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I have been eating at The Redeye Brewing Co since their opening night and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and high quality. Daily specials give we regulars a nice variety. The staff is always friendly and some feel like friends because I have seen them for six years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner!3fordinnerVIPDined on 10/10/2014we enjoyed our experience at Red Eye as usual. The wait was a little longer than normal . We were offered a free dessert which we shared. Enjoying the new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashBwagDined on 10/4/2014I love Red Eye, so had my 40th birthday here with several of my siblings and their spouses and my son and fiancé. The menu is new, and love the seasonal drink specials. Paige, our waitress, was dynamic and took care of our group of 8, meeting our every request. From appetizer to dessert you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicebirthdaygroupDined on 10/3/2014We had a reservation for 7 people. We were quickly seated. However, our server was terrible. Very slow. After we placed our order she came back about 10 minutes later to check what our order was because she couldn't read her notes. Checks got mixed up. She awkwardly stood over peoples shoulders silently before asking a question. We have had other good experiences here but not sure if we will return again. Free birthday dessert was appreciated.
- A nice place to dine!!3fordinnerVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have enjoyed dining at Red Eye since they opened. It is one of our favorite Friday night dining places. We were very glad to see a new menu!! The fresh catch is always a nice choice. We like to see change once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It is very loud and a bit chaotic when you walk in. A new beer was being introduced and our server offered to bring samples...very nice. In the mean time a server at another table suddenly reached over and unwrapped a napkin that was around my partner's silverware. She wiped off another table and tossed the now wet napkin back onto our table. When she left the area she did not take the soiled napkin, nor did she apologize. We had to ask for other napkins and silver and to please remove the soiled napkin. As stated above, quite loud, which may be a hindrance for a future visit. We had the wood fired pizza, which was great. I would have put a bit more salt in the crust, but that would be personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- red eyefamilyfunDined on 9/18/2014Five of six of the group had a different hand tossed pizza and all very delicious. Two of us had the bisque which we almost always do, always DELICIOUS! And I had the Turkey, Apple and brie paninni with pasta salad side. Everything tasted wonderful! Great beer selections also.Special Features:
- Everything was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had the stout spare ribs and the wild mushroom fettuccine and they were both fantastic. All of the beer selections we tried were good as well. We enjoyed the atmosphere as well. I would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- Great food and service every timePchekeen4Dined on 8/29/2014They have amazing beer, high quality food, and efficient friendly service. Their desserts are amazing and unique. I live this place, and go there every trip to wausau. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ikused2dinethereDined on 8/28/2014has gone so downhill I won't be back. What has happened to this place. The food has lost its lustre and I do not like it.Special Features:
- Great micro breweryGlobalDinersVIPDined on 8/27/2014This microbrewery great beers. Nice place for Friday night dinnerSpecial Features:
- Always great!SconnieDined on 8/22/2014Red Eye is the restaurant I take anyone who visits me in Wausau. The beer is awesome and the food is just as great. The service is always spot on and the staff is knowledgeable enough to give guests meal or beer recommendations.Special Features:
- Great place to geek out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Red Eye was a great place for me (a homebrewer/foodie/O'so Brewing Co. employee) to geek out and get excited about. The small brewhouse looked great from where I was sitting, the beer tasted great (clean, balanced, and awesomely drinkable), the pizza I had was out of this world, and my girlfriend and I agreed it was fun to have a date there. Unfortunately it was very loud in the restaurant part and it got hard to hear my girlfriend talking. The service was decent, but I was surprised that the server/waitress did not offer an explanation on any of the beers or any of the specials. I was hoping to learn something new from her, but was left wanting. Overall, I will be coming back though despite any meager quips I have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to goodRanarisDined on 7/31/2014The goat's cheese pizza tasted like lemon juice poured over feta cheese. It was far too strong of a flavor and I'm a nineteen year old male. I don't experience very much that has too much of a certain flavor for me. The light above our table flickered the whole meal as if we were at a strobe rave. My father and I are both electricians and we told the waitress to turn the light up a touch as they had a cheap dimmer and/or the fluorescent bulbs/LEDs they were using were not dimmers. She refused to listen and said all she would do is turn them up and then down. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Red Eye Brewing Company reviews archive.
- our favorite restaurantlovetoeatDined on 7/26/2014Red Eye is my favorite restaurant in Wausau. Fabulous food with fresh ingredients and interesting flavors. Great combinations and options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was subparOpentableDined on 7/24/2014I've been to Redeye many times and usually the food is terrific but this time the food was not that good. Was disappointing. Had the vegetarian pizza and quinoa salsa. Pizza was very dark and lacked flavor and the salsa was dry and not very flavorful either. Will go back but it won't be for a little while. Hopefully it was just an off night. Great ambiance and outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Down Hill!used2dinethereDined on 7/21/2014What was once a great place to dine has turned out to have become less than a mediocre experience. In Wausau, The Red Eye Brewing Company was the only place to go for great food, ambiance and beer. The pizza was one of the best I have ever eaten, with a crust that was crisp yet soft and wholesome. The brick oven and the dough were magic on the tongue, and it was the most tasty pizza ever. The "roso" sauce (tomato base sauce) was tangy and sweet and did not over power the balance of the cheese and crust. They have changed the sauce and crust recipe (I asked and it was confirmed, not that I needed confirmation- I have been eating there since they opened years ago) and it now reminds me of the boxed pizza from Chef Boy Ar Dee! TSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Noisy! Definitely not a place to hold much of a conversation but the food is good!Special Features:
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Very good place to have a family dinner. Food was VERY good! I will definitely be going back there to eat very soon!Special Features:
- A Stellar Brewery/Restaurantbeerisgood4uDined on 6/16/2014I lived in Los Angeles for five years and in Milwaukee the four years following, and I spent a good deal of that time in brew pubs and restaurants. I can tell you that Red Eye can hold its own with any of the greats I've frequented. They are equally adept at delivering consistently great beer and great food. It starts with their commitment to use top-notch--often locally sourced--ingredients. The quality of these ingredients shines through in every sip and bite. I've actually worked in a brew pub myself, and I can say that this place is one that many others throughout the state are looking to as a template for success. Expect to find friendly staff, terrific atmosphere, and very reasonable prices for what they provide. Try the Bella Bella!Special Features:
- As Good As It Gets!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Red Eye is consistently amazing. Atmosphere, staff, service, cuisine and in-house brews all top-notch. On this particular visit, went with the evening's specials of steelhead dinner and shrimp tacos - both were fantastic: if they ever show up in the future, give each of them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great/Unique Placecb2005Dined on 6/7/2014I am never disappointed when eating here. Everything is always so good and unique. Their wood fired pizza's are AMAZING!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We love going to Red Eye with our friends! We have a great experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food! GLUTEN FREE options!!GlutenFreeWausauDined on 5/17/2014Great food and knowledgeable waitstaff on gluten free accommodations. No gluten free menu. They always have gluten free beer available, usually Omission Pale Ale or a cider on tap. Great house beer options for the non-gluten free guest. Several Red Eye micro beers on tap. Pizzas are unique and amazing. The Red Eye burger is the best in town and they can make it Gluten free style. We frequent this place at least once a week! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding apps, weak main courseDocCVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great Red eye Mushroom and Brie soup. Great hummus platter. Salad just OK Short ribs were fat and "Barbeque" was just a thick sweet slimy gravy. Huge bones...fat laden meat.
- Homecoming friends2forfoodDined on 4/18/2014Redeye was flexible and accommodating as the number in our party grew. The beer was great, as was the food. Merlot mushrooms, hummus plate, pizzas, and shrimp scampi were all delicious! Our server was terrific, keeping our beer flowing and sorting out our checks. Open table made our reservations easy. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb customer service!Firsttimersx2Dined on 4/5/2014Our waitress was fantastic. She helped us when ordering by describing the food well. I ordered the turkey burger which has onion and garlic mixed in the patty which I am not a fan of. I ended up not eating much because the flavors were a bit too much for me. Our waitress offered to have something else made but we were pressed on time. I kindly declined her offer and when we received our bill there was no charge for my order. We appreciated the generosity and left a bit more for her tip. :-) Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patio dinnerparbakeDined on 4/5/2014Three of us sat comfortably outdoors for a dinner at 6pm. The tabletops were clean, and our waiter was prompt and friendly. Our drink orders arrived in a timely fashion, as did our meal. I would highly recommend this place to any and all. Their pizzas on Sundays are great as well.Special Features:
- Exceptional pizza, beer & servicepfhjvb01Dined on 4/3/2014Beers were enjoyable, across a number of styles. Service was friendly and capable. We had the Shrimp Thibodaux pizza, and it was fantastic... excellent crust, tasty toppings, and the jalapeños added a nice bit of heat (but not too much). Highly recommended.Special Features:
- BDpartyof4BDpartyof4Dined on 4/2/2014Our server was wonderful... even brought a special birthday treat to our table to help in the celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice casual dininglaffytaffyDined on 3/29/2014My family and I dined here after a full day of skiing at Granite Peak, and it hit the spot. We were not in the mood for anything fancy but wanted to sample some Wasau fare. We were not disappointed by Red Eye. The quality of the food was outstanding. Everyone loved their food. My only regret is that no one ordered the pizza, which is supposed to be outstanding. It was a bit loud but that didn't bother me, since everyone around us seemed to be having a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brewpub in Wausau!SlainteVIPDined on 3/24/2014Stopped at Red Eye one evening after skiing at Granite Peak. Saw other ski families there as well. Beer and brie soup was served hot and very flavorful. Thai chicken wrap was delicious. Great selection of micro beers on tap with helpful descriptions to assist in making your selection. Server, Aaron, was knowledgeable and offered tastes of any tap beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome pizzaveggieDined on 3/22/2014Awesome brick oven pizza and a great selection of hand crafted beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bee, great food, great servicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Great beer, great food, great service. What more can I say? reallyLike the fact that I can now do reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.