Red Eye Brewing Company
612 Washington St
Wausau, WI 54403Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Eye Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://redeyebrewing.com/
- Phone: 7158437334
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Lorio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Red Eye Brewing Company
At Red Eye we pride ourselves with providing our community with the freshest beer and food available. We strive to operate responsibly, and source natural and locally, when possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Red Eye Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Wausau ›
Red Eye Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Everything was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had the stout spare ribs and the wild mushroom fettuccine and they were both fantastic. All of the beer selections we tried were good as well. We enjoyed the atmosphere as well. I would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- Great food and service every timePchekeen4Dined on 8/29/2014They have amazing beer, high quality food, and efficient friendly service. Their desserts are amazing and unique. I live this place, and go there every trip to wausau. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ikused2dinethereDined on 8/28/2014has gone so downhill I won't be back. What has happened to this place. The food has lost its lustre and I do not like it.Special Features:
- Great micro breweryGlobalDinersVIPDined on 8/27/2014This microbrewery great beers. Nice place for Friday night dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great place to geek out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Red Eye was a great place for me (a homebrewer/foodie/O'so Brewing Co. employee) to geek out and get excited about. The small brewhouse looked great from where I was sitting, the beer tasted great (clean, balanced, and awesomely drinkable), the pizza I had was out of this world, and my girlfriend and I agreed it was fun to have a date there. Unfortunately it was very loud in the restaurant part and it got hard to hear my girlfriend talking. The service was decent, but I was surprised that the server/waitress did not offer an explanation on any of the beers or any of the specials. I was hoping to learn something new from her, but was left wanting. Overall, I will be coming back though despite any meager quips I have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to goodRanarisDined on 7/31/2014The goat's cheese pizza tasted like lemon juice poured over feta cheese. It was far too strong of a flavor and I'm a nineteen year old male. I don't experience very much that has too much of a certain flavor for me. The light above our table flickered the whole meal as if we were at a strobe rave. My father and I are both electricians and we told the waitress to turn the light up a touch as they had a cheap dimmer and/or the fluorescent bulbs/LEDs they were using were not dimmers. She refused to listen and said all she would do is turn them up and then down. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- our favorite restaurantlovetoeatDined on 7/26/2014Red Eye is my favorite restaurant in Wausau. Fabulous food with fresh ingredients and interesting flavors. Great combinations and options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was subparOpentableDined on 7/24/2014I've been to Redeye many times and usually the food is terrific but this time the food was not that good. Was disappointing. Had the vegetarian pizza and quinoa salsa. Pizza was very dark and lacked flavor and the salsa was dry and not very flavorful either. Will go back but it won't be for a little while. Hopefully it was just an off night. Great ambiance and outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Down Hill!used2dinethereDined on 7/21/2014What was once a great place to dine has turned out to have become less than a mediocre experience. In Wausau, The Red Eye Brewing Company was the only place to go for great food, ambiance and beer. The pizza was one of the best I have ever eaten, with a crust that was crisp yet soft and wholesome. The brick oven and the dough were magic on the tongue, and it was the most tasty pizza ever. The "roso" sauce (tomato base sauce) was tangy and sweet and did not over power the balance of the cheese and crust. They have changed the sauce and crust recipe (I asked and it was confirmed, not that I needed confirmation- I have been eating there since they opened years ago) and it now reminds me of the boxed pizza from Chef Boy Ar Dee! TSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Noisy! Definitely not a place to hold much of a conversation but the food is good!Special Features:
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Very good place to have a family dinner. Food was VERY good! I will definitely be going back there to eat very soon!Special Features:
- A Stellar Brewery/Restaurantbeerisgood4uDined on 6/16/2014I lived in Los Angeles for five years and in Milwaukee the four years following, and I spent a good deal of that time in brew pubs and restaurants. I can tell you that Red Eye can hold its own with any of the greats I've frequented. They are equally adept at delivering consistently great beer and great food. It starts with their commitment to use top-notch--often locally sourced--ingredients. The quality of these ingredients shines through in every sip and bite. I've actually worked in a brew pub myself, and I can say that this place is one that many others throughout the state are looking to as a template for success. Expect to find friendly staff, terrific atmosphere, and very reasonable prices for what they provide. Try the Bella Bella!Special Features:
- As Good As It Gets!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Red Eye is consistently amazing. Atmosphere, staff, service, cuisine and in-house brews all top-notch. On this particular visit, went with the evening's specials of steelhead dinner and shrimp tacos - both were fantastic: if they ever show up in the future, give each of them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great/Unique Placecb2005Dined on 6/7/2014I am never disappointed when eating here. Everything is always so good and unique. Their wood fired pizza's are AMAZING!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We love going to Red Eye with our friends! We have a great experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Red Eye Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Amazing food! GLUTEN FREE options!!GlutenFreeWausauDined on 5/17/2014Great food and knowledgeable waitstaff on gluten free accommodations. No gluten free menu. They always have gluten free beer available, usually Omission Pale Ale or a cider on tap. Great house beer options for the non-gluten free guest. Several Red Eye micro beers on tap. Pizzas are unique and amazing. The Red Eye burger is the best in town and they can make it Gluten free style. We frequent this place at least once a week! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding apps, weak main courseDocCVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great Red eye Mushroom and Brie soup. Great hummus platter. Salad just OK Short ribs were fat and "Barbeque" was just a thick sweet slimy gravy. Huge bones...fat laden meat.
- Homecoming friends2forfoodDined on 4/18/2014Redeye was flexible and accommodating as the number in our party grew. The beer was great, as was the food. Merlot mushrooms, hummus plate, pizzas, and shrimp scampi were all delicious! Our server was terrific, keeping our beer flowing and sorting out our checks. Open table made our reservations easy. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb customer service!Firsttimersx2Dined on 4/5/2014Our waitress was fantastic. She helped us when ordering by describing the food well. I ordered the turkey burger which has onion and garlic mixed in the patty which I am not a fan of. I ended up not eating much because the flavors were a bit too much for me. Our waitress offered to have something else made but we were pressed on time. I kindly declined her offer and when we received our bill there was no charge for my order. We appreciated the generosity and left a bit more for her tip. :-) Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional pizza, beer & servicepfhjvb01Dined on 4/3/2014Beers were enjoyable, across a number of styles. Service was friendly and capable. We had the Shrimp Thibodaux pizza, and it was fantastic... excellent crust, tasty toppings, and the jalapeños added a nice bit of heat (but not too much). Highly recommended.Special Features:
- BDpartyof4BDpartyof4Dined on 4/2/2014Our server was wonderful... even brought a special birthday treat to our table to help in the celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice casual dininglaffytaffyDined on 3/29/2014My family and I dined here after a full day of skiing at Granite Peak, and it hit the spot. We were not in the mood for anything fancy but wanted to sample some Wasau fare. We were not disappointed by Red Eye. The quality of the food was outstanding. Everyone loved their food. My only regret is that no one ordered the pizza, which is supposed to be outstanding. It was a bit loud but that didn't bother me, since everyone around us seemed to be having a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brewpub in Wausau!SlainteVIPDined on 3/24/2014Stopped at Red Eye one evening after skiing at Granite Peak. Saw other ski families there as well. Beer and brie soup was served hot and very flavorful. Thai chicken wrap was delicious. Great selection of micro beers on tap with helpful descriptions to assist in making your selection. Server, Aaron, was knowledgeable and offered tastes of any tap beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome pizzaveggieDined on 3/22/2014Awesome brick oven pizza and a great selection of hand crafted beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bee, great food, great servicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Great beer, great food, great service. What more can I say? reallyLike the fact that I can now do reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceWausaudiningDined on 3/7/2014Best restaurant in Wausau hands down. Excellent food and service along with vet good microbrew beer.Special Features:
- Hidden gemcasualeventerDined on 2/27/2014Red Eye is a great, upbeat, hopping restaurant. You will DEFINITELY want to make a reservation- we waited about 5 minutes for them to prepare a table while people walking in before and after us faced over an hour wait even on small groups. The food came out quickly and our waitress was GREAT about getting beer samples and making sure we had our check quickly since we were heading to the Wausau Grand Theatre. Fully recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best craft beerKingdryVIPDined on 2/21/2014Red Eye by far is the best micro craft brewery in the area. Although their manumission limited and doesn't change much, it is very good. They always have a fresh catch as well. Great big city feel to the atmosphere... Trendy. This is a great place for all people, including families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a recent gastric bypassPassion0327Dined on 2/21/2014As a recent gastric bypass patient, I appreciated the staff's willingness to adapt to my dietary needs. The service was friendly and quick. The food was great; fresh ingredients and in a word: delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats, took the in-lawskgmaxtrowDined on 2/19/2014Great eats, took the in-laws and my parents ther efor my mother's birthday dinner. Everybody loved the food, even my meat and potaoe loving in-laws were happy. The gilded ale and tartan toddy were brews were enjoyed. Only bad thing about the place is the extreme lack of parking. We came on a pretty busy night and had to walk 2 1/2 blocks across one very busy street and past seberal homes that were very lacking in there side walk shoveling abilities, no so pleasant for the older slower members of the crowd. Maybe they could but the house next door that is for sale to be demolished and expand the lot a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our groupjerryDined on 2/15/2014Had a large group, and while we couldn't sit together, we had 3 large tables and one regular size. No problems. Great service and great food as well. Excellent beer choices. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!WIgalDined on 2/13/2014My go to restaurant in town. Everything is prepared using fresh and many locally sourced ingredients. Our table ordered everything from pizzas to burgers and wraps and everything was delicious. Serving staff is amazing as well. My husband loves all of their in-house brewed beers. Glad Red Eye finally accepts reservations through OpenTable as the wait for dinner (especially on weekends) can be quite long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerJudyDinerVIPDined on 2/8/2014We like Red Eye grill, the food is always good, the beers are nice. It was busy on Saturday and we sat within 5 minutes of our reservation. Terra was a great wait person. She was working hard to keep everyone taken care of. The cupcake was wonderful. This is a fun place to get a bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeroldmanDined on 2/8/2014Had a group of four people. Some food was ok, pizza was very good, beer was great. Parking is bad so go early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Red Eye is a wonderful place to get together with friends! Great ambiance, good lighting, great staff! Food is always delicious and interesting!Special Features:
- swans?chelleDined on 2/1/2014We were super excited to take home a swan, but my date and I seemed to get something more along the duck family. When we left a group after us came out with an awesome two foot swan. We figure the swan maker maybe was on break! Over all great expirience and it made for a great first date story. Real napkins would be nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!DivetsmomDined on 1/31/2014Had the artichoke & spinach dip appetizer and the Chicken BLT Wrap - Delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.