Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar
11851 Roe Ave
Leawood, KS 66211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddoorgrill.com/
- Phone: 9132274959x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday: 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Daily happy hour offered from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar
Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar is a wood-fired neighborhood grill and bar. Flavors come from hard woods, fruit woods, seasonings and house-made sauces. A fun atmosphere, full bar and great food, Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar will be your home away from home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- YummyDined on 8/30/2014Food was good but a little on the expensive side for meatloaf, hamburger and salmon sandwiches. Ordered meatloaf with no mayo but came with mayo on it. Was sent back and did not arrive until the rest of our party was more than halfway finished with our food. Overall, it was just an okay experience for us. It was a new place to try as we had a coupon, but probably won't return.
- Good FoodALWAYSVIPDined on 8/29/2014Menu is challenging. I was there for lunch and had Turkey pastrami sandwich. It was tasty, but I didn't have much enthusiasm for rest of the menu . No sign of Debbie Gold anywhere except maybe the decor. Service was only average!Special Features:
- Willing to Try AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014The food was OK but not great. The salads were mostly just lettuce. My wife's salad had one grape tomato quartered, three croutons and very little cheese. It would be a good burger place or a good place just to grab a bite to eat but not a place to expect an outstanding dinner. The service was poor. I ordered a glass of wine when we placed our food order and it took forever to get the glass of wine. My wife asked our wait person for a glass of water when we placed our food order but did not get the glass of water until well after our dinner had arrived. And she had to ask a different wait person for the glass of water. We are willing to give the place another try but if we get the same level of service, it will be our last visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Went for dinner with group of 8, all neighborhood friends. Great food, prompt service on a Saturday night. Really enjoyed it. Also havbe been there for lunch - terrific.Special Features:
- very nice lunchConcertVIPDined on 8/17/2014the tomato soup with cheese crouton was delicious. We also ordered the pretzel covered onion rings which were delicious. will definitely come backSpecial Features:
- smittyDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great service and above all outstanding hospitality for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another Red Door visitallllllllllllllllllllllllDined on 8/15/2014Red Door Grill is one of our regular stops. We had a typically good meal again. We seem to be stuck on sharing the pepperoni flat bread as a starter and it was delicious, as usual. I had a soup/salad combo for an entrée; the tomato basil soup and a wedge salad. My wife had a house salad. All quite good. We keep intending to stop by and take advantage of their great happy hour specials from 4:00 to 7:00 and hopefully we will do that on our next visit.
- Wouldn't go backNope1Dined on 7/26/2014Food was luke warm and alcoholic drinks were weak and very small.
- Great foodSldumanDined on 7/18/2014Everything we ordered tasted great. We had the meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Happy HourHappyHourSurfingDined on 6/24/2014I made a reservation the night before because I had never dined here and thought I would need it. Turns out we got there at the perfect time for happy hour and did not need to use the reservation and were seated immediately. The service was fantastic, the drinks were great, and the food was delicious! Inexpensive and a great atmosphere, I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is amazingwineandfoodieDined on 6/21/2014The experience was very good overall, it would have been excellent if the food was better. Just a ordinary menu for a classy place. The wine list is very good but not a decent steak on the menu to have with a $110 bottle of wine. ??? Confused???? The server (Brandon) and management that night was great!! Very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- FJHeetFJHeetDined on 6/20/2014I want to like this place, but after two visits I didn't find anything great about it. It's a decent casual atmosphere, but the food quality is just not there. Last visit, I had the ahi tuna salad, which was (basically) a bowl of shredded cabbage with some thin (previously frozen?) strips of tuna. The restaurant is just OK. The other people in my group were happy with their burgers.
- Love this placeFoodie28VIPDined on 6/15/2014I always get the Porky's Revenge burger with the bacon jam. It's the Best Burger in KC. My husband's go to burger is the blue cheese burger. I love the ambience and atmosphere. It's casual and unique-themed-looks like a place that Robert Irvine & his Restaurant Impossible team would have outfitted. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodWowieVIPDined on 6/2/2014The Red Door's food is good but nothing great. We all felt the same thing that we would come back but wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- Loved it!fooderDined on 5/30/2014I'll be a frequent patron. Awesome job last Friday. We will be regulars! great drinks, great food, awesome service, great decorSpecial Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- casual, welcoming and delisPsychosalDined on 5/25/2014Having followed Debbie Gold's career and enjoyed her cuisine for years, I was very pleased to find The Red Door was open. Burgers and fries or Trout or pasta - all levels of culinary sophistication on the menu, making it desirable for all ages. Definitely a must! The burgers are delicious and the fish is also. I can't say enough about the desserts. Delightfully wickedly scrumptious endings to a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014While all four of us in our party enjoyed our meals, the experience was notably underwhelming. I recall a lot of buzz about Red Door opening and was looking forward to trying it for something different. The menu did offer a decent variety but nothing especially out of the ordinary and nothing about the experience will drive me back there as there are closer, comparably-priced restaurants with similar offerings. Overall, I am glad I tried it but that's about it.
- All I can say is WOW!!!!CameronFoodieDined on 5/23/2014A friend recommended this place, because they go quite often. We had Selene as a server and she was amazing!! Everything we wanted or needed she was one step ahead of us asking. The manager was really engaged with her staff and guests, checking table by table if anyone needed anything and making sure guests were having a great evening, which is hard to find now a days in most restaurants. The food is amazing, my husband had the spicy blue burger, I had the rainbow trout. Both entrees were sooooo good that it blew us away, didn't expect amazing Food, Staff and Atmosphere like this in our neighborhood. It now is our go to place and we will asking for Selene every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Nothing that really stNds out about the menu or the decor, but no complaints. Went to meet friends for a casual dinner and it was a good meal with a great staff. It's a smaller, open space so it can get louder as it fills up, buT it works well for a laid back evening with a group.
- Pleasant discovery2fordinnerDined on 5/16/2014I loved the atmosphere ... Especially the music playing some favorite oldies that my husband and I love. Not too loud. I also like that people of all ages were there enjoying the evening. There is something for everyone. We'll be make to enjoy the patio when it is a little warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome burger!ChrisVIPDined on 5/12/2014One of the best burgers in town! I can't wait to try a steak!Special Features:
- Great Burger and ServiceDerricomonicoDined on 5/11/2014This was my first visit to the Red Door Woodfire Kitchen & Bar. I was part of a group of six. We ordered entrees and a couple people ordered wine. My bacon jam burger was fantastic. Honestly, one of the best burgers I've had around the KC area, rivaling BRGR. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient even though she had only been working there for a short while. Their menu is varied and had some items I'd really like to try, like pretzel crusted onion rings. So I will be going back.Special Features:
- Mothers DayArtisticpaintDined on 5/11/2014Our food and service was excellent. We will definitely put Red Door on our repeat list!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutMeganDined on 5/9/2014We decided to try the Red Door Bar for a girls night out dinner. I had been there once before and had a pretty good experience. This time around was a let down. First, we asked to see a drink menu (it was happy hour going into dinner) and the waitress said they were re-doing them and didn't have any. Huh? Why not just let people use the old ones until the new ones arrived? Then she brought us a drink that the bar tended wanted us all to TRY...which was fine, but unless we sent it back she made it pretty clear we had to pay for it. Again, HUH? My dinner was okay, not great okay, and the placed was cleared out to just us (on a Friday night mind you) by 9pm. Yikes. They definitely need to consider upping the quality of service & food.
- KathyKathyDined on 5/8/2014We had a great meal and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- What happened?LouiseVIPDined on 5/7/2014Less than a month ago I wrote a review raving about this restaurant, but on this visit the food was so bad that it was barely edible. The calamari was fishy and tough and the dipping sauces terrible. My husband's street tacos were cold and flavorless. My tomato soup was so salty that I couldn't eat it. I had worked late and hadn't eaten all day so I was really hungry and looking forward to dinner at Red Door. I ordered the salmon, which I could at least eat, along with the green beans, but the mashed potatoes were watery and bland. I might have eaten a third of my food, which our server seemed not to notice. I did mention how bad the calamari was, but shame on me for not telling him how extraordinarily awful the whole meal was.Special Features:
- Just averageMeemsDined on 5/6/2014Nothing stood out with this restaurant. Prices were a bit high for the quality and quantity of food.
- MSGOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/5/2014We thought the food was good. After getting home my wife was feeling ill, having the effects that she has when she eats food with MSG in it. We later called and found out that they do use MSG. At least they were honest in telling us but we should've asked before hand.
- Fun on Friday nightallllllllllllllllllllllllDined on 5/2/2014The Red Door Grille is one of our regular dining stops. We like that we are able to order and share a wide variety of small plates or appetizers. This last visit we shared the calamari. It wasn't the best as it was small pieces that were mostly batter. My wife had the pepperoni flatbread which is one of our favorites and it was good. I had a new dish to me; the pulled pork soft shelled tacos. They were delicious. I struggled to finish the two tacos-they were large and we had leftover flatbread to take home. Looking forward to our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterDinerVIPDined on 4/27/2014I like Red Door Grill, for the most part, but can really tell a difference since Debbie Gold left. It's still good, but not outstanding, as my original impression over a year ago was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedMontyjayVIPDined on 4/26/2014We were disappointed the PEI Mussels are no longer on the menu. On the plus side the trout remains and is excellent. I had the 6 oz sirloin. ordered it rare and that's the way it came out. delicious.
- RonLDined on 4/26/2014food was very good, but limited number of entrees. Only a few things that were wood fired prepared.Special Features:
- DC13VIPDined on 4/23/2014Great little deck area, food was awesome. Nice happy hour not over at 6, but goes to 7. Some really good specialty cocktails too!Special Features:
- Love love love the outdoor seatingLasndGDined on 4/23/2014It was a beautiful night in leawood and we enjoying eating outside on the patio. We've been waiting to eat outside as it was a long winter. We enjoyed your happy hour specials of drinks & appetizers. Food was delish as always! Service was quick & helpful!Special Features:
- Very Nice Easter lunchConcertVIPDined on 4/20/2014Had a very enjoyable lunch with family for Easter. Good food choices and everyone left happySpecial Features:
- Not Your Mama's Brussel SproutsJennieVIPDined on 4/17/2014My friend and I dined here for lunch today, not only is the food delicious, but the staff seemed to really enjoy working there. It shows in the way they interact with each other and with the tables. Today, ordered the caramelized brussel sprout with bacon jam (devine) and the grilled salmon panzanella salad (grilled baguette croutons, tomatoes, goat cheese, mediterranean olives, baby spinach, basil, & balsamic dressing). My favorite place on Tuesday to “wine down” and enjoy half-priced select bottles of wine!! An overall enjoyable experience; I will definitely be returning again, & again!Special Features:
- Great Service!LouiseVIPDined on 4/15/2014The menu has been expanded since we last visited Red Door, and there were many great choices. We had the mussels as an appetizer and they were really good - I will go back and make a dinner of them! Martinis were perfect and our server was friendly and helpful. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Excellent food, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Let me say the trout was to die for, along with the pacific merlot wine. That is where it stops though. We were there on a Saturday, seemed not so busy of a night. We all were greeted and seated promptly upon our arrival. Order was quickly taken appropriately too. I had placed a salad order along with my main course. My wife had a substitution of green beans to replace her fries. My salad arrived halfway through my main course meal. At that time, I feel the need to not eat the salad. My wife did not receive her green bean order, and was given fries with her meal. The waiter never once came by to check on our table until the end of the meal. At this time, it was of course too late to bring the green beans. We were compensated nicely though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedPickyEaterDined on 4/9/2014The restaurant is very nicely decorated, but the food is average at best. I had the onion rings and it seemed as if they were re-warmed, not freshly made. Others in my party enjoyed their meals, but I am pretty particular about the food I eat. If you can pretty much eat anything, then you will probably be fine. However, if you are a foodie you probably won't be impressed. The service was great though, the waiter was amazing! The food was just not that good.
- Neighborhood Hangout With Panache!VicPickVIPDined on 3/28/2014The Red Door gives a new twist to the neighborhood hangout. Creative menu with lots of choices from a wonderful Caesar salad to a yummy chicken dish with flash fried spinach. Nice wine menu with by the glass options in 6 oz or 9 oz. I wouldn't say that the noise level is "energetic," rather, I'd describe it as LOUD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.