Red Crow Grille
2504 53rd Ave
Bettendorf, IA 52722-6209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Crow Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redcrowgrille.com/
- Phone: (563) 332-2370
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From small intimate parties, lavish receptions, or important business meetings, Red Crow Grille will ensure that your event will be as effortless as it is memorable. Rooms available from 6-60. Lunch and dinner available. Limited menus or full menu available. Call for details. Audio visual equipment available.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Licandro 5633322370
A word from Red Crow Grille
Our re-opening date has been set for March 26th. Please call the restaurant if you would like to reserve a pub table. The Red Crow Grille offers a unique menu of eclectic American cuisine boasting of fresh, organic, local produce, fresh seafood, steaks, a pub menu of lighter fare, and an extensive wine list. Our esteemed kitchen and service staff take great pride in providing the complete dining experience in our gorgeous new dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Crow Grille - Best Restaurants in Bettendorf ›
Red Crow Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (18)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Friday night enjoymentWine4DinnerVIPDined on 11/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a Friday night dinner consisting of salad (Bibb lettuce and the brie salad), entrees (Oko King salmon and the chef's feature, barbequed pork rib eye) with a bottle of Pinot Noir. The food was well prepared and with complex layers of taste. Would definitely recommend this place for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a great place to re-connect.MatthewDined on 11/14/2014My wife was a fine dinning caterer for years so to find Red Crow was a real treat. We always enjoy the ambiance, as well as, the unique flavors of food. I love the attention to detail and the waitstaff has always been attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodLoverDined on 11/1/2014We were staying at a hotel in Moline and we found this restaurant online. The ambiance was very nice and the food was excellent. We will visit again the next time we are in the Quad Cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014It had been awile since we had dined at the Red Crow, but we had always enjoyed this restaurant in the past . The remodel is nice, but we missed the intimacy of the past. However, the food made up for it. We both felt it was even better than before. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- BbusinessDined on 10/17/2014I had asked for a table for 6 where we could have business conversation and they seated us in a separate room that was lovely. Round table with white linens, waiter that was pleasant, knowledgeable and careful about needing to interrupt. Food was amazing and all guests were thrilled. The bar was busy, and beautiful, and there were couples enjoying romantic dinners. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, service was spot on. Restaurant is classy and beautful in appearance. Highly recommend. It will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experiencemc60Dined on 10/4/2014We have been to Red Crow Grille several times but had not been there since their remodel. Another wonderful dining experience, knowledgeable waitress, quiet setting, awesome food, and great desserts to share. Both the steak dishes and seafood were wonderfully prepared. Would highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointed dinerAnomymusVIPDined on 9/27/2014We came for dinner last week celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday. Things went fairly well until the entrees arrived. Two of our were lukewarm on cold plates. Two of them were rewarmed and ended up overcooked. I had the lamb and as I was trimming it out there were two large pieces of fat without meat attached on my plate. Needless to say I had very little edible lam. To their credit, my dinner was comped. They sent a aged dessert-not even a candle! Needless to say we will not be returning.
- DisappointedtkdkidddadDined on 9/27/2014We were disappointed with a recent dinner. The wine, salads, appetizers and deserts were great. Our server was very good. The expensive entrees were not appetizing. I had the salmon and my wife had the scallops. We don't plan to return and won't recommend the Red Crow Grille to friends. Do they have a new chef?
- First time diningMrsnordoDined on 9/27/2014Our 4 month late anniversary dinner couldn't have been a better dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitiadadDined on 9/24/2014would love to return more - very good food - but a pretty expensive for causal dining.Special Features:
- What a treat!rayman2409Dined on 9/12/2014Dinner at Red Crow Grille was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. Not like under the prior owner. The food and the prices were well matched. I sampled three appetizers and enjoyed them all. Things are looking up under the new owner! We will be back.Special Features:
- ButchDined on 9/11/2014Hadn't been there since they remodeled. Love what they have done with it! They still have the brie salad and the duck appetizer on the menu. And were awesome as usual. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The service was excellent and the meals very tasty with nice presentation. A good choice for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Has lost the intimate dining feel that it once had. Have updated to a more stark urban feel. Service was good but less than I expected for a restaurant of this caliber. I felt like the menu was quite limited and they do not seem to highlight local specialties such as iowa pork. The duck appetizer is fantastic!!!!!Special Features:
- Not blown awayCATVDined on 8/15/2014After hearing from a few "foodies" the Red Crow was great and the menu was amazing after the renovation, I decided to give it a whirl. The menu looked good, promising but I just wasn't impressed with what I ordered. We had the duck appetizer which was OK. The corn bisque was the highlight of the meal, I'd definitely order it again. The scallops were overcooked and I wasn't and a fan of the kimchi fried rice. My friend ordered the New Orleans pasta and enjoyed it, I thought it was meh. The music was a little loud, I had trouble hearing my friend - and I'm 35 - noise levels usually don't bother me. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable but seemed to have too many tables and it took a really long time to even place our drink order.Special Features:
- World Class ExperienceMolinedudeDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I hosted a childhood friend and his wife at your restaurant this past Friday evening. They currently live in Texas and travel the US extensively. As I had not seen him in over 36 years, we were looking for a location that provided great food and service, plus an atmosphere of intimacy that afforded the chance for extended conversation. His words describe our experience perfectly: "A world-class restaurant with fantastic food, excellent service, and an ambience that graciously served a very special and emotional occasion." I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly. Thank you Red Crow for making this night ever so special and memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceFun4weekendDined on 8/14/2014First time. Server was gracious in helping us find a wine to our taste. Bisque and salad were delicious, but entrees were even better. Plus service was attentive and efficient. A la cart was a little expensive so will keep this restaurant in mind for special occasion.Special Features:
- It was just an "ok" experience.PandDDined on 8/13/2014There was a group of about 8-10 and it was so loud in there we could hardly hear each other. Also, both main courses were just okay, the wild boar was very flavorful but so tough we could hardly cut it. The sea bass was a little on the bland side. The duck breast appetizer was OUTSTANDING as usual. We've been there in the past, and this is the first time we would rate them as "just ok".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014For diners seeking an upscale, satisfying dining experience, the Red Crow Grille is the ticket. The food was attractive to look at, delicious and presented promptly by a helpful, efficient server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in the QCADLangeVIPDined on 8/5/2014Entrees range from $24-$45. Sides are à la carte. Meals start with an apéritif. Homemade bread is served hot with a different flavored butter each day. I typically start with either a cheese plate or the duck appetizer, move to the brie salad and finish with either the bone-in ribeye or the new orleans pasta...all depends on how hungry you are. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Anything you chose will be the best meal you've had in months. Drink prices are very reasonable given the atmosphere provided. Red Crow is the nicest restaurant in Quad-Cities by a wide margin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great service and great food. A real find in the Quad CitiesSpecial Features:
- OkayBurntknowledgeDined on 8/1/2014Waitress recommended two entrees since we had never been. The loin was amazing and the New Orleans pasta was bad. So spicy and greasy. Also my side of asparagus was burnt. Ordered a duck appetizer and it was also burnt. Our waitress Lindsay was amazing and was a great source of knowledge and Info about our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already Planning Second TripMSargeDined on 7/29/2014I can't say enough about the renovated Red Crow and staff. Took my wife for her birthday and Mary the bartender took care of us. She's extremely personable and knowledgeable and even mixed a unique martini for us. The food was to die for. We got the cheese plate as an appetizer and loved it. They provide jam, leeks, honey, and pecans as pairs. The salmon and vegetables were amazing and very filling, but, guys.. the filet was out of this world. I've never experienced a steak so tender in my entire life. That steak made a Ruth's Chris filet seem like a strip of jerky. There must be some black magic involved because I don't know how else they could do it. Long story short, go. Now. And get the homemade candy bar for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Red Crow Grille reviews archive.
- bitsy1234Dined on 7/18/2014We liked all the unique culinary touches to the dishes we selected. Varied menus. Nice atmosphere, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Candy bar dessert enough saidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food was great but dessert was excellent. I might skip eating any entrees and just get two orders of the candy bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new management rises to occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/11/2014We're only in town once a year and have made Red Crow Grille a tradition. Hearing it was under new ownership or management, we were worried, but it was all for naught! The food is wonderful and creative, the restaurant looks as good as ever, and the staff is great. We brought friends with us for the first time and they enjoyed it, too. We all had something different and everyone enjoyed their meal, and tastes from everyone else's plates.Special Features:
- inventive food, impeccable serviceHG13Dined on 7/9/2014The menu at Red Crow grill has classics I have been eating there for yeats like the duck breast appetizer and creative seasonal wonders like the suger peas and burrata. The staff are quick to help you find something you'll love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NanDavidVIPDined on 7/3/2014Went here with my husband and his two wonderful aunties. It was a really special evening. The noise level was a bit high but the food was very good.Special Features:
- Worth itEatingOutDined on 6/28/2014This dining experiance was worth every penny. The food was delicious and our waiter was excellent, friendly, and upbeat. The portions of the food were perfect too. Anymore, everywhere you go it's an over abundance of food, but this was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014It was an unexpectedly a pleasant surprise in a small town like Bettendorf. The food was amazing and creative. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnernutmeg64Dined on 6/25/2014Red Crow is fit for a special occasion, but we dine there anytime for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveDisappointedDined on 6/21/2014I was given a gift certificate for the Red Crow Grille when I retired from my work. My wife and I were excited to go to this restaurant which was new to us. Our waiter was excellent and explained the dishes and gave us suggestions Everything we had was good but not great. The prices were the highest I have ever encountered in the area. For the cost, I expected to be knocked off my feet by the food. Not the case. Experience was enjoyable but will not return.
- Enjoyable dinnerpickybDined on 6/21/2014Nicely remodeled. Our waitress was very attentive and professional. Food was unquie and full of flavors. Best part portions were surprising larger than most upscale restaurants. I left full and even took home a portion of my filet. This doesn't happen to me often. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateMesmerizing10Dined on 6/20/2014We feel that going there was very special to us, since it was our anniversary. We loved where we sat and our waitress, Lindsey, was wonderful!! We definitely will be back and tell others about our experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best foodluvitDined on 6/6/2014Such a wonderful place. Made our 5 year anniversary so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair.DineoutoftenVIPDined on 6/5/2014The restaurant was beautiful. I was really looking forward to dining there. The food was interesting but didn't have anything that stood out. Felt like there were trying too hard to be different but missed the mark. There were no vegetarian options and there wasn't a dish that wasn't fat laden. Service was very good.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Even though we hadn't been to the Red Crow Grille in about 6 years it was just as fabulous as we remembered. We went for our anniversary, the food and service were terrific. I always recommend it for people looking for a special night out or looking for some great food that is different than the same old same old.Special Features:
- Great 1st Time Experience25thAnniversaryDined on 6/3/2014We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary so I wanted to go somewhere special. I had heard about this place but had never been here. Was very impressed with the food, staff, wine list, and décor. Like the way there is a separate area with bar and less formal which we will try next time. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealjads8627Dined on 6/2/2014Was cautious about the change the ownership but pleasantly surprised. Loved the remodeling, very clean and welcoming now. Food was very good. Was a little surprised at the size of vegetarian option, quite a small portion, but it was very good. Felt it was a little overpriced for the amount of food. Salad was excellent as well as shrimp appetizer. Dessert was very creative. Had made reservation through open table and put note that we were celebrating our 35 anniversary. Was very disappointed that this was not acknowledged by either the hostess or server. I guess I should have brought this up at the time but felt I shouldn't have to as I put the note in the reservation.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuFoodSeekerDined on 5/22/2014This is a great place for those that enjoy the art in food. The menu was unique and well explained by the server. We had service. My complaint would be sitting in the middle of the room, I felt overly aware of how loud I was talking.Special Features: