Red Crow Grille
2504 53rd Ave
Bettendorf, IA 52722-6209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Crow Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redcrowgrille.com/
- Phone: 5633322370x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From small intimate parties, lavish receptions, or important business meetings, Red Crow Grille will ensure that your event will be as effortless as it is memorable. Rooms available from 6-60. Lunch and dinner available. Limited menus or full menu available. Call for details. Audio visual equipment available.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Licandro 5633322370
A word from Red Crow Grille
Our re-opening date has been set for March 26th. Please call the restaurant if you would like to reserve a pub table. The Red Crow Grille offers a unique menu of eclectic American cuisine boasting of fresh, organic, local produce, fresh seafood, steaks, a pub menu of lighter fare, and an extensive wine list. Our esteemed kitchen and service staff take great pride in providing the complete dining experience in our gorgeous new dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Red Crow Grille - Best Restaurants in Bettendorf ›
Red Crow Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (25)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ButchDined on 9/11/2014Hadn't been there since they remodeled. Love what they have done with it! They still have the brie salad and the duck appetizer on the menu. And were awesome as usual. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The service was excellent and the meals very tasty with nice presentation. A good choice for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Has lost the intimate dining feel that it once had. Have updated to a more stark urban feel. Service was good but less than I expected for a restaurant of this caliber. I felt like the menu was quite limited and they do not seem to highlight local specialties such as iowa pork. The duck appetizer is fantastic!!!!!Special Features:
- Not blown awayCATVDined on 8/15/2014After hearing from a few "foodies" the Red Crow was great and the menu was amazing after the renovation, I decided to give it a whirl. The menu looked good, promising but I just wasn't impressed with what I ordered. We had the duck appetizer which was OK. The corn bisque was the highlight of the meal, I'd definitely order it again. The scallops were overcooked and I wasn't and a fan of the kimchi fried rice. My friend ordered the New Orleans pasta and enjoyed it, I thought it was meh. The music was a little loud, I had trouble hearing my friend - and I'm 35 - noise levels usually don't bother me. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable but seemed to have too many tables and it took a really long time to even place our drink order.Special Features:
- World Class ExperienceMolinedudeDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I hosted a childhood friend and his wife at your restaurant this past Friday evening. They currently live in Texas and travel the US extensively. As I had not seen him in over 36 years, we were looking for a location that provided great food and service, plus an atmosphere of intimacy that afforded the chance for extended conversation. His words describe our experience perfectly: "A world-class restaurant with fantastic food, excellent service, and an ambience that graciously served a very special and emotional occasion." I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly. Thank you Red Crow for making this night ever so special and memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceFun4weekendDined on 8/14/2014First time. Server was gracious in helping us find a wine to our taste. Bisque and salad were delicious, but entrees were even better. Plus service was attentive and efficient. A la cart was a little expensive so will keep this restaurant in mind for special occasion.Special Features:
- It was just an "ok" experience.PandDDined on 8/13/2014There was a group of about 8-10 and it was so loud in there we could hardly hear each other. Also, both main courses were just okay, the wild boar was very flavorful but so tough we could hardly cut it. The sea bass was a little on the bland side. The duck breast appetizer was OUTSTANDING as usual. We've been there in the past, and this is the first time we would rate them as "just ok".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014For diners seeking an upscale, satisfying dining experience, the Red Crow Grille is the ticket. The food was attractive to look at, delicious and presented promptly by a helpful, efficient server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in the QCADLangeVIPDined on 8/5/2014Entrees range from $24-$45. Sides are à la carte. Meals start with an apéritif. Homemade bread is served hot with a different flavored butter each day. I typically start with either a cheese plate or the duck appetizer, move to the brie salad and finish with either the bone-in ribeye or the new orleans pasta...all depends on how hungry you are. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Anything you chose will be the best meal you've had in months. Drink prices are very reasonable given the atmosphere provided. Red Crow is the nicest restaurant in Quad-Cities by a wide margin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great service and great food. A real find in the Quad CitiesSpecial Features:
- OkayBurntknowledgeDined on 8/1/2014Waitress recommended two entrees since we had never been. The loin was amazing and the New Orleans pasta was bad. So spicy and greasy. Also my side of asparagus was burnt. Ordered a duck appetizer and it was also burnt. Our waitress Lindsay was amazing and was a great source of knowledge and Info about our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already Planning Second TripMSargeDined on 7/29/2014I can't say enough about the renovated Red Crow and staff. Took my wife for her birthday and Mary the bartender took care of us. She's extremely personable and knowledgeable and even mixed a unique martini for us. The food was to die for. We got the cheese plate as an appetizer and loved it. They provide jam, leeks, honey, and pecans as pairs. The salmon and vegetables were amazing and very filling, but, guys.. the filet was out of this world. I've never experienced a steak so tender in my entire life. That steak made a Ruth's Chris filet seem like a strip of jerky. There must be some black magic involved because I don't know how else they could do it. Long story short, go. Now. And get the homemade candy bar for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bitsy1234Dined on 7/18/2014We liked all the unique culinary touches to the dishes we selected. Varied menus. Nice atmosphere, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Candy bar dessert enough saidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food was great but dessert was excellent. I might skip eating any entrees and just get two orders of the candy bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new management rises to occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/11/2014We're only in town once a year and have made Red Crow Grille a tradition. Hearing it was under new ownership or management, we were worried, but it was all for naught! The food is wonderful and creative, the restaurant looks as good as ever, and the staff is great. We brought friends with us for the first time and they enjoyed it, too. We all had something different and everyone enjoyed their meal, and tastes from everyone else's plates.Special Features:
- inventive food, impeccable serviceHG13Dined on 7/9/2014The menu at Red Crow grill has classics I have been eating there for yeats like the duck breast appetizer and creative seasonal wonders like the suger peas and burrata. The staff are quick to help you find something you'll love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NanDavidVIPDined on 7/3/2014Went here with my husband and his two wonderful aunties. It was a really special evening. The noise level was a bit high but the food was very good.Special Features:
- Worth itEatingOutDined on 6/28/2014This dining experiance was worth every penny. The food was delicious and our waiter was excellent, friendly, and upbeat. The portions of the food were perfect too. Anymore, everywhere you go it's an over abundance of food, but this was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014It was an unexpectedly a pleasant surprise in a small town like Bettendorf. The food was amazing and creative. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnernutmeg64Dined on 6/25/2014Red Crow is fit for a special occasion, but we dine there anytime for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveDisappointedDined on 6/21/2014I was given a gift certificate for the Red Crow Grille when I retired from my work. My wife and I were excited to go to this restaurant which was new to us. Our waiter was excellent and explained the dishes and gave us suggestions Everything we had was good but not great. The prices were the highest I have ever encountered in the area. For the cost, I expected to be knocked off my feet by the food. Not the case. Experience was enjoyable but will not return.
- Enjoyable dinnerpickybDined on 6/21/2014Nicely remodeled. Our waitress was very attentive and professional. Food was unquie and full of flavors. Best part portions were surprising larger than most upscale restaurants. I left full and even took home a portion of my filet. This doesn't happen to me often. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateMesmerizing10Dined on 6/20/2014We feel that going there was very special to us, since it was our anniversary. We loved where we sat and our waitress, Lindsey, was wonderful!! We definitely will be back and tell others about our experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best foodluvitDined on 6/6/2014Such a wonderful place. Made our 5 year anniversary so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair.DineoutoftenVIPDined on 6/5/2014The restaurant was beautiful. I was really looking forward to dining there. The food was interesting but didn't have anything that stood out. Felt like there were trying too hard to be different but missed the mark. There were no vegetarian options and there wasn't a dish that wasn't fat laden. Service was very good.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Even though we hadn't been to the Red Crow Grille in about 6 years it was just as fabulous as we remembered. We went for our anniversary, the food and service were terrific. I always recommend it for people looking for a special night out or looking for some great food that is different than the same old same old.Special Features:
- Great 1st Time Experience25thAnniversaryDined on 6/3/2014We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary so I wanted to go somewhere special. I had heard about this place but had never been here. Was very impressed with the food, staff, wine list, and décor. Like the way there is a separate area with bar and less formal which we will try next time. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealjads8627Dined on 6/2/2014Was cautious about the change the ownership but pleasantly surprised. Loved the remodeling, very clean and welcoming now. Food was very good. Was a little surprised at the size of vegetarian option, quite a small portion, but it was very good. Felt it was a little overpriced for the amount of food. Salad was excellent as well as shrimp appetizer. Dessert was very creative. Had made reservation through open table and put note that we were celebrating our 35 anniversary. Was very disappointed that this was not acknowledged by either the hostess or server. I guess I should have brought this up at the time but felt I shouldn't have to as I put the note in the reservation.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuFoodSeekerDined on 5/22/2014This is a great place for those that enjoy the art in food. The menu was unique and well explained by the server. We had service. My complaint would be sitting in the middle of the room, I felt overly aware of how loud I was talking.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Red Crow Grille reviews archive.
- It was fine.MRQuadCitiesDined on 5/11/2014The food was tasty and good, as was my own mother's meatloaf and white bread. But it was unremarkable and forgetable. It was a Mother's Day brunch so the menu was expected to be a bit lame and unexciting. And it met those expectations. Therefore it was too expensive unless one is inclined to make multiple round-trips to load up; which isn't our inclination. But, the food was fine and we left full so that counts for something. We might try again on a nonoccasion when a more memorable menu is probably available.Special Features:
- Special Occasion Find!Luv2go2OakBrookDined on 5/11/2014Red Crow Grill has a sterling reputation in our area but in the past, the cost has relegated it to a special occasion restaurant. Their Mother's Day Buffet, however, was $24 so was an great opportunity for us to enjoy the nicest restaurant in the area. We weren't disappointed. The buffet was simple but everything was delicious! I would have appreciated one more small dessert to choose from, as we Mom's enjoy our sweets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOM's DelightbrunchlishiousDined on 5/11/2014Just my wife and I had brunch on Mother's day and we were very pleased with the offerings, service, decor and quit surroundings. Looking forward to next visit and the experience of order off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwoBradDined on 5/10/2014GF and I went there on May 10th. Was a great experience. Chris was our server and did fantastic. Was a very funny individual and took great care of us. We got the duck and lobster apps, my GF got the brie salad, and I got the "corn bread" soup (can't remember the menu title). For entrees, she got the Halibut and I got the special. I think the best thing of the night was definitely the 4oz lobster tail app. They need to turn that dish into an entree. The special I got seemed very over salted, I didn't enjoy it much. My GFs Halibut was absolutely amazing as well. The soup and duck were great, but again, the star was the lobster tail app.Special Features:
- AmazingSav00Dined on 5/10/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I have never been here before but he has. This place was outstanding! We had duck for an appetizer. It was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FormerCatererDined on 5/9/2014Food was truly memorable. Our server Brandon was both patient and attentive, and quite knowledgeable about every dish on the menu. He was honest about his preferences, and helpfully suggestive in pairing a wine to go with ours. (Which was quite the feat in fact, since the four of us at the table shared four very different entrees: pork loin, beef loin, New orleans pasta, halibut). One last detail: Two folks at our table had been drinking water without ice. Another server had come by and tried to be helpful by re-filling all of our glasses with ice water. The next time ours was walking by, he noticed the issue immediately, and replaced the glasses without any of us having to say so.Special Features:
- Disappointed, may try again.relevartDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant has recently reopened after a remodel and menu revamp. The new decor is lovely although a bit loud with big groups. We were so excited to try the new menu but were really disappointed with our main course. The menu is small. The place was really busy on a Saturday night with several large parties. A restaurant can be busy but I would expect our waitress to come to the table and make sure we don't need anything while we wait. We were a table of two and my course (the special) was seared tuna and sausage were cold (not just warm but actually cold). When we tried to flag the waitress down to remedy the situation she was nowhere to be found. We will try give them another try but I'm not sure that it deserves the high ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irish0Dined on 5/2/2014Food and presentation average. Table service was the high spot of the evening as the waiter was unobtrusively attentive and very professional. Menu was very limited and the prices given the food and presentation was overpriced and a poor value.
- wee bit of heavenhappytummyDined on 4/24/2014From the warm greeting on arrival to the pleasant good bye at the conclusion the entire evening was a special time. The truly outstanding food was only surpassed by the service of the staff. A special dining experience provided by an outstanding staff. The remaining question is not if we will return but when and how soon.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I had the most tender sirloin steak I've ever had. The asparagus and onions paired up with steak beautifully and were perfectly prepared. The French wine I ordered was amazing. The Candy bar dessert was underestimated by its looks, but packed a punch of toffee and chocolate to our delight. The overall experience was highly commendable. The server was awesome and had the perfect attitude and wanted to be there to make our dinner one to come back for. I would highly recommend this establishment for any occasion. The new owners made very good choices in the way the restaurant is laid out including the lighting. I wish this restaurant very much success and I would be very happy to come back to support my local establishment.Special Features:
- PhenomenalLaird3familyDined on 4/18/2014This is by far my absolute favorite restaurant in our area. Love the redesigned space and the menu. We had the best waitress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.