1 Industry Hills Parkway
City of Industry, CA 91744Neighborhood:
San Gabriel Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificpalmsresort.com/dining/red-restaurant-and-bar/
- Phone: (626) 854-2509
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
All New Happy Hour: Monday through Friday 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Bar open until Midnight (Monday- Sunday)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Mac Alshaarawi for menu description and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: RED is located at the Pacific Palms Resort offering a variety of banquet facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Mac Alshaarawi 6268542397x
- Entertainment: RED has a state of the art Audio/ Visual system with T.V.s in the bar and at the booths. and a sound system playing background dinner music transforming into the music of today's artists later. During dinner hours there is also the entertainment of live jazz during certain weekday nights. While enjoying the breathtaking vista of the San Gabriel Valley
- Special Events: Introducing our new Red “Happiest Hour” On The Hill Monday through
Friday from 4-7pm with beer starting at $3.50, cocktails at $7 and
appetizer classics with a twist at only $5.
A word from RED
RED is an upscale dining venue serving a contemporary and innovative menu. Using the finest quality ingredients. The steaks are corn-fed prime wet-aged 28 days and hand cut in house. All seafood is U.S.D.C. inspected and served in a variety of styles. RED offers an extensive and carefully picked wine list catering to all levels of wine interests. RED also features a full bar that specializes in stunning cocktails, while the inspiring view of the San Gabriel Valley serves as a back drop.Continued
RED also offers Jazz seasonally on Thursdays from 7pm -10pm on the outdoor patio adjacent to Celebration Lake and a relaxing fire-pit. California Cuisine with an Asian Pacific Flair.
RED also offers Jazz seasonally on Thursdays from 7pm -10pm on the outdoor patio adjacent to Celebration Lake and a relaxing fire-pit. California Cuisine with an Asian Pacific Flair.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
RED reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (11)romantic (7)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- service was surprisingly bad78nosmadaDined on 11/15/2014At first our waiter was witty and fun but that was quickly over shadowed by his incompetence. We asked for water 3 times, an hour later still no water. My date had asked the waiter to swap out her chair for a non armed chair at a vacant table, he literally just walked away and never addressed it again, so we swapped it out ourselves. We order a bottle of wine in which he had forgotten so when he finally brought it after serving our first glass he set it on the table and walked away. (White wines are supposed to stay chilled) when we asked for an ice bucket he seemed put out. There was a game on so I'm not if that was the issue for the lack of attention as there were only 4 party's in the dining area. The meal itself was good but not worthy of the price tag attached. I dine out often and this is defiantly not an establishment I will return to.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014It was our first time and must say it was great!! Beautiful scenerie of the city and so peaceful. Totally recommend it to go have a calm relaxing dinner and getting away... overall beautiful experience and our waiter she was simply the best..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchJokermonroeDined on 10/20/2014Excellent service with a tasty menu. Great view of the golf course and plenty of shade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPAndersonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great ecclectic menu. Our server TJ was excellent. The veiw of the San Gabriel valley was beautiful. This was a romantic location to have an anniversary date! This is a hidden gem in the Hacienda/Rowland Heights/Industry area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it was betterMVillalobosDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant it has the potential but not there yet... The ambiance is great nice view, we sat outside which it was beautiful, an umbrella unfold was next to our table all the time, regardless our request to move it, this never happen, I request a medium cooked New York steak and they brought me a over cooked steak, no good, the service took a long time, approx 45 mins to received our entrees. the salad it was great and tasty, at his point for the service received and flavor-less food I will said it was pricey, I guess we fairly paid for the great view.Special Features:
- Business lunchRx2diveVIPDined on 8/6/2014Good place for business lunch that isn't rushed. Good food and a welcome break w view since not a lot of choices in City of IndustrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!CoraVVIPDined on 7/29/2014The servers are really great and love the view from the patio!! We are regulars on this place. :)Special Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the RED reviews archive.
- good food & good viewsYcookpaysome1else2doitDined on 7/23/2014The restaurant sits on the north? side of the facility. The views and food are great but the service is exactly as described on yelp and other sites. Waiters don't really smile or seem attentive when engaged with customers...everything is just meh. Don't expect anything to come quickly. The service is very typical of a resort - slow service. I reserved my outdoor table at 8p on a slow Wed and didn't get my entree til after 9p. But if you bring good company and attitude, it won't matter at all. The view and ambience helps make up for it. I'd still come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brainstormingDined on 7/20/2014We went early on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was very quiet -- too early for most diners. The windows face out onto a patio and is adjacent to a beautiful golf course. Red offers a mix of Asian and California cuisine. Delicious fresh tomato soup. The soba noodle stir fry was very good and my table mates enjoyed scallops and an off-menu prime rib special. We enjoyed a Sonoma Chardonnay and skipped desert this time. Our server was very attentive and professional. The restaurant is able to accommodate a variety of food allergies and sensitivities -- kudos to both the waiter and chef for their flexibility. Overall a nice dining experience, particularly given that Red is in a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner!TheCircusvargasDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful view the SGV, goo staff. Just beware when ordering a cocktail, they are not up to par and very watered down.Special Features:
- Hip and Tastyaj18432Dined on 7/15/2014I arrived for a business meeting and wanted to grab a nice dinner before I checked in to my hotel. This nice trendy restaurant is in the Pacific Palms resort, but it is not your typical hotel restaurant. They have a nice open bar, a great outdoor dining area, and the menu is full of seafood, pasta and steak. The wine list is very good. I would come back for dinner any time!Special Features:
- LeslynDined on 7/10/2014Great food. We loved the place. Food took so long but it was delicious. We have asked 3 servers in order to get our drink refills while we were waiting for our food. We can't eat while people are smoking nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red hot!Mic213Dined on 6/27/2014Great place to bring a girl if you would like to impress her!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryNatKatDined on 6/23/2014Great scenic view friendly service gives you freedom to walk around after dinner sunset view made us feel like we were in Maui one again.Special Features:
- Delectable Food, Superior ServiceDiscernablePalateDined on 6/22/2014If you want to experience delicious food and top-notch service in a beautiful setting, then Red Restaurant and Bar located inside of the Pacific Palms Resort in City of Industry. I have had the pleasure of dining at Red on more than a few occasions and the food has ALWAYS been delectable. Their calamari is the most tender of any I've had at even the most upscale restaurants, the salmon moist, the garlic mashed potatoes are mouthwatering creamy and the pomegranate sorbet will send your taste buds into orbit! The wait staff service is superior as they constantly check in to make sure your dining experience is enjoyable and that you want for nothing. For relaxation and a breathtaking view, before or after dinner drinks outside are a must!Special Features:
- ExcellentFathers2014Dined on 6/15/2014Form the start, the receptionist was very pleasant, friendly and accommodating...the waiters were very courteous and attentive, the manager was very professional and friendly offered us drinks and served it to us himself....the foods were delicious and good...We have a perfect Father's Day Celebration.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red. Lovely.HappyMouthDined on 5/16/2014A beautiful dining experience. Recommended for adventurous palates. Thoughtful wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reds is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014Had the opportunity to have a patio lunch and an evening business dinner at Reds. Food, service and atmosphere were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLettyDined on 2/16/2014Overall, service was great, but they messed up our order which the manager resolved very quickly without any questions . One time, my boyfriend was served wine in a very dirty wine glass still with finger prints on it and lip marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise ExperienceBJCDSDined on 12/29/2013I was looking for a convenient spot to meet a long time friend so we could catch up as I don't normally select restaurants at hotels. The restaurant offers many options for seating - outside, by the bar, comfy booths, tables with nice views. The menu had both unique options and dependable standbys. The server was very good about making recommendations, relaying specials "from memory". I could see this restaurant addressing many "experiences"; from a sandwich with the guys after 18 holes, a special occassion, or just to meet an old friend. The noise level changes from seating areas; quiet in the booths, moderate in the dining area and very energetic near the bar. The food was very good, as described, nicely presented, friendly service.Special Features:
- The food was not nearly asfoodieDined on 12/25/2013The food was not nearly as good as it should've been for the price. I will not be going back due to the quality of the food for the price. It would have been decent if the food was either wayy better or the food was a little cheaper. We got Prime Rib which was a little tough and did not taste fresh. We went there for Christmas dinner and I wished I took them to a steak house in la. One of the reasons why i chose that place is because I'm a local in the area and wanted to check out the place, if it was delicious it couldve been my go to spot. sadly I was disappointed. The ambience and service was good however.
- Polite minimally attentive staffdsolisDined on 11/13/2013Med-rare steak, salmon, and scallops ordered by each of us were well presented, excellent ingredients. Didn't come out cold enough to send back but would have tasted better if served warmer. No excuse for that, place was dead, as it is in all the previous bad service reviews I've seen for Red. The patio dining on a slow Wednesday on a 90 degree day was nicely shaded had a decent view of Puente Hills, not breathtaking, but relaxing above the traffic - primary draw of the resort. Come here for a leisurely lunch and I'm sure if you let your server know ahead of any time sensitivity, they will not leave you too long to think you are forgotten. Otherwise, golfers and clients not getting the bill don't care about speed. Fell short of impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice VenueFairCriticVIPDined on 10/23/2013On a pretty California day you will get a nice view from the outdoor seating area. During my last visit here, it was a chilly day and the outdoor heaters were not working so I settled for inside. I had a business meeting there and wanted to make sure that it was a comfortable setting for the both of us. Inside air conditioning was cranked up and the place was really cold, being that we had no local alternative restaurant to go for our meeting we stayed and tried to stick it out. The food was great, I ordered the Beer Battered Fish Sandwich, for not having battered fish in years, this one did not disappoint me; overall flavorful. Gave overall 3 stars due to the uncomfortable temperature situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and sceneryNuckahDined on 8/21/2013The scallops sliders are to die for. You have to have it if you go here. It is pricey but worth it. Salmon special was also yummy. Came with a few friends but will take my wife next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dining in IndustryCrewVIPDined on 6/22/2013We came here on a last minute booking, and were we pleasantly surprised! We loved the location, an elegant driveway leading up to the hotel, and such a lovely restaurant. Big, roomy booths, a very nice outdoor patio area, and a cool lounge area let you know you're in for a treat. The prix fixe menu was wonderful, and not outrageously priced. The sides were good, maybe need to cut down on the truffle in the mac & cheese, but other than that, dinner was great. Dessert was a wonderful crème brulee, not to be missed!Special Features:
- Will Come Back AgainOkuma88Dined on 6/21/2013I will definitely come back to this restaurant. I've been to this restaurant three times and it hasn't disappoint me. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Room for improvementsGregrbonVIPDined on 6/1/2013We haven't been here for years but thought we'd try it for our anniversary. We made reservations, but since there were only two or three other parties, on a Saturday night, it wasn't exactly necessary. There were problems with our drink order. Differences of opinion whether they carried our favorite brand of vodka. Turned out they didn't, then they made the wrong drinks. We ordered a bone in new York steak, which the server had to come back to tell us they only had boneless, but would offer us a larger cut, for the same price. While the actual meat portion was good and tender, it had not been trimmed and was surrounded by unchewable grissle. Overall, notvyhe worst I've had, but I don't see us returning.Special Features:
- Beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2013Beautiful place came here for my moms birthday and they sat us out in the patio. They had live jazz music that night and great prix fixed meals. Only bad thing was the steaks were over cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Pretty upscaleToadmanVIPDined on 5/18/2013Great food. Pretty upscale for City of Industry. Food was prepared to our liking. The cut of meat was definitely superior. Maybe not the best but still very good. Creme Brule needs a litte bit of work. Too thick. For the prices charged I have had better. But still very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013From the moment we arrived to driving away we had the best dining experience. The staff was knowledgeable and offered their suggestions while going over the menu.Special Features:
- It's a resort...what you expectTeshDined on 5/11/2013It's resort food, nothing special or spectacular. The chef is a little heavy handed on the pepper. Both mine & my wife's were too peppery.Special Features:
- Nice to be outdoorshunkDined on 5/2/2013Nice Romantic place to have dinner with your honeySpecial Features:
- Gerry Rothchild Band was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Gerry Rothchild Band was excellent. While I was sad to see there weren't that many people there; we were somewhat glad as well. Food & Drink were good, just a little pricier than anticipated for what you received. Either way, we will returnSpecial Features:
- Took about 15 minutes beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Took about 15 minutes before we were offer anything to drink. When we ask for water, water came from tap water only. It taste so nasty that we have to ask them if they have bottle of water. They did and that bottle of water was not cheap. For five dollars i think that it's too pricey. Anyways, waiter show up maybe like 20 minutes later. Will not go back. First time last time.
- Not much variety on the lunchMarkTheAdventurerDined on 2/13/2013Not much variety on the lunch menu. The inside is very nice, and the staff is pleasant. A couple glitches that were strange. 1st, they had no lemon slices for a fish plate. Then, for some reason, they filled up 5 large plastic buckets with icecubes that drowned out our server. The chipolte chicken panini was so-so. More smashed than it needed to be.Special Features:
- Never again! As one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2012Never again! As one of the few "better" restaurants in this area I was surprised that young children were running around and screaming throughout the booth area. The table was set for 6 and we were 2. The extra settings were not removed. Makes me wonder who used the utensils before we did. The salmon was served incorrectly and had to be sent back. It was overlooked and dry - both times. This place is not a bargain, service is bad and screaming children ruined the experience.
- The service was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/28/2012The service was really good. The only concern that I have is there were 6~7 incidents that servers and managers came and asked how we are doing which become interuptions to our business meeting.
- Service needs help-otherwise a goodLukeSuarezVIPDined on 9/7/2012This is definitely considered a fine dining restaurant for the area as there are very few steakhouses within a 5-10 mile radius. The quality of food and scenic views are the selling points and I would return for those two reasons. We were greeted kindly upon our arrival and sat inside. Our waitress was quite a rookie and didn't know too much about the menu and how plates were prepared. I ordered a petite filet with Yukon mashed potatoes. My wife ordered the ahi tuna. It took 30 minutes to receive our food and when it arrived they forgot my side. I let them know and it took another 10 to come. The waitress offered creme brûlée at no charge. I would recommend reservations especially if you want a table outside.Special Features:
- We tried Red to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We tried Red to celebrate my 40th birthday. It was a spectacular night and a couldn't have asked for better food or service. My only advice is about the indoor tables. The bar and booth seating is very cool and the outdoor area is energetic. However, the restaurant might consider making the indoor table seating a bit more romantic. Overall, I couldn't have had a better celebration. The food was some of the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- My steak was overlooked.CityGirlVIPDined on 7/27/2012My steak was overlooked. Halfway through our meal, my friends and I discovered that they overlooked my filet and undercooked my friend's filet even though they butterflied it to cook "well done" in the same time it would have taken to cook my "medium" filet. Otherwise, the dining experience would have received more stars.