Red Cedar Grille
249 Bethlehem Pike
Colmar, PA 18915Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Cedar Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theredcedar.com/
- Phone: 2674771422
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -4:30pm; Saturday - Sunday:2:00pm -4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm: Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Theo Charitos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Red Cedar Grille specializes in off-site catering. Please view our website at www.TheRedCedar.com or simply call the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a 75 seat Private Dining Room.
- Private Party Contact: Theo 2674771422
- Entertainment: The Red Cedar Grille will showcase local talent
A word from Red Cedar Grille
The Red Cedar gives to you the best Chef Theo and his father Dino, have to offer. Focusing on local flavors with a global flare, Chef Theo elegantly serves classic American cuisine in his own hand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Red Cedar Grille - Best Restaurants in Souderton ›
Red Cedar Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (26)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (14)romantic (11)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome BrunchJackieDined on 9/21/2014As always, we really enjoyed brunch. The chef who creates our omelets is outstanding and personable. He loves what he does and puts into every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual DisappoinmentSteveDined on 9/19/2014After a quick last minute decision to grab a quick bite at the Red Cedar, we arrive a little early and were seated right away. We were greeted quickly and my first drink choice (Stella) was a no go as they were out of that. We took a look at the menu, but were never aware of specials available until we heard them described to another group. Regardless, we chose an appetizer (quesadillas), which was ok...not great, not bad. My light dinner was the caprese salad with the pulled mozerella...very average. Mozerella had a hard texture, which was unusual for fresh mozerella. Overall very disappointed versus my previous visits to the Red Cedar. Bad night...maybe. Good selection of local brews, which is nice. Might be a while before i'm back.
- DisappointedLoveToEatDined on 9/18/2014We enjoy this place often and of the 3 dishes, 2 were OK but my black and blue steak special was difficult to eat due to the gristle. Since we had a guest, I had to take it home to eat and of the 12 oz., 8 might have been meat. The blacking appeared to also be missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a regular there!bloomersDined on 9/13/2014Pros : Good food, good selection. Cons: Noise level is very high. They took out the booths along the back, so we don't like to sit back there anymore---it's a bit less noisy there. Outdoor tables are nice but we won't sit outside because people smoke at those tables.Special Features:
- Great find!7777VIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have gone the last few Friday nights. We have tried something different every week and have absolutely enjoyed everything we have had. Great food. Great service and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014It was our first time there and the food was great. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good draft beer selection!foodjunkieDined on 8/21/2014kennett square pizza was delicious. Good selection of beer on tap.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchLove2eatDined on 8/10/2014We loved the brunch. Food was wonderful and we enjoyed some items that are not usually on a buffet in this price range. I especially enjoyed the crab and spinach benedict and the mussels. Service was friendly and attentive. Will go back again, maybe for a family celebration. Can't comment on the other menus, but brunch was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchSheLuvs2EatDined on 8/3/2014Brunch at Red Cedar Grille is exceptional! While the buffet is not miles long, it certainly isn't filled with dried up, overcooked food. Everything is fresh and replenished regularly. I'll start with the buffet. Freshly made hummus and olive sun-dried tomato tampanades are delicious and perfectly seasoned. Not what you'd expect on a brunch buffet. The whitefish salad is probably the best I've ever had. Not salty and just delicious! I don't eat meat, so I skip some items. The mussels are exquisite...each one seasoned perfectly and loaded with flavor. But the Mayor of Omeletteville is the highlight of the brunch! He makes the best omelettes to order. Don't miss him or them. You shouldn't miss out on the homemade sticky buns; simply divine!Special Features:
- brunchloverDined on 8/3/2014Great brunch and selection for the price. Wait staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- JimmyDDined on 8/2/2014My first visit to Red Cedar and I was impressed. The atmosphere is casual and not much different from when it was the Inn Flight for all those years, but the food is much, much better. It is obvious that the kitchen staff and head chef are cooking from scratch and preparing dishes to be savored. I will definitely return as I would like to try almost everything on the menu!
- Positive Dining PleasureDefnitduDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I decided to try the Red Cedar for dinner and invited another couple to join us. As it turns out, it was an excellent choice. The food was delicious and the service superb. We'll definitely return for yet another delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bountiful BrunchJackieDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our Sunday brunch again! The chef creates wonderful choices and is very personable! My omelet was wonderful and I learned the secret to a great / dry omelet at home. I look forward to eating their again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experienceBlindmanDined on 7/13/2014The food is great. Even the kids meals are freshly prepared, not microwave junk. The servers are attentive and intelligent. All of this at a fair price. I could not ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchGinnyDined on 7/13/2014Small friendly venue with a nice variety of hot and cold food choices. The ingredient selections for fresh made omelets were plentiful and the chef was extremely efficient. All of the staff were warm and welcoming. We will return to the Red Cedar Grille soon for the Sunday evening Surf and Turf special. Very enjoyable outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitKozmoDined on 7/12/2014This has become my go to place, for a quick bite that is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this restaurantWonderfulDined on 7/11/2014Family owned, good food and always trying a new dish. They listen to their customers and all staff are friendly . I have brought many friends who now regularly enjoy Red Cedar Grille.Special Features:
- Mediocre BrunchMike28Dined on 7/6/2014Party of 9 for brunch on Sun., 7/6/14. We were extremely disappointed, arrived at 1 PM, quite a few dishes seemed to have scraps left, very tiny pancakes, burnt bacon, lukewarm sausage, very few mussels, dry salty salmon, greasy thumb prints on plates. The highlights, very personable chef making omelets and waffles, and they were great. Had to ask the server 3 times for the eggs benedict dishes. For the price of $15 pp, not worth it. Do yourself a favor, spend more, you get what you pay for.
- Great place to eat.amm1211Dined on 7/6/2014What a great fine. It was very enjoyable to bring the family for brunch. Many choices to eat. The food was out of this world, your choice of omelet and have your waffle made for you. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Food was ok at best. Wait for a waffle was 30 minutes. People standing at omlet and waffle staton in the way of getting to the other food. Food at back of restaurant butter and toaster at front. Makes no sense.
- Loved our visit.BrynnDined on 7/5/2014My husband spotted this place on a drive recently, and mentioned he wanted to try it out. We've been looking for 'our' restaurant--a place where we can go to have a date night and have good food and just enjoy each other's company. Well, Red Cedar Grille hit it out of the park! Everything is beautifully paneled in wood, and the seating is very comfortable. We were seated very quickly and approached for drink orders nearly as soon as we sat down. The food was amazing. We both had specials, he had the ribs and I had the balsamic reduction pizza, and both were absolutely phenomenal. We were checked on throughout the meal, and just had a great time. We'll definitely be making this our regular date night location!Special Features:
- Impromtu DinnerluvtoeatDined on 7/3/2014I took myself & 2 kids out to eat. I ordered the special & it was delicious - it was ravioli in a spinach cream sauce, yum! My dagter ordered the crab cake sandwich & I had a little taste of that as well, absolutely amazing. My other daughter ordered the chicken quesadillas, she didn't really are for the "different" ingredients, but I found them to fantastic when I ate them for lunch the next day. Overall, as usual - nice atmosphere & amazing food.Special Features:
- Very Niceroberto21Dined on 7/2/2014Red Cedar is a very nice, non-chain neighborhood restaurant. Have eaten there about 4 times. The food is generally very good to excellent and reasonably priced, and the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!namehereVIPDined on 6/29/2014What a great find! I highly recommend it here! The good is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noteworthy brunch--awesome omeletsHappy1Dined on 6/29/2014Not one to venture to new a location often but we took a chance and it was worth it. We found high quality food, prompt service and interesting ambience. Noteworthy was the world class everything omelet with crab meat was out of this world.Special Features:
- A nice Sunday brunchnellsoiaDined on 6/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed having brunch here; it was a good introduction to the restaurant. The food was good, and we will definitely give them a try for lunch/dinner sometime. The setup is a little odd as the restaurant doesn't have a lot of free space, so they have to fit the food into wherever they can. There wasn't much to choose from for children (I had hoped for breakfast cereals or oatmeal). Also, the waffle station (nestled in with the omelets) was very basic (you get just the waffle; there's butter on the dessert table, but that's it. No strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream etc. I asked our server for chocolate chips, which she accommodated. The omelet station attendant was fantastic - entertaining, enthusiastic & personable.Special Features:
- Great Place to eat.amm1211Dined on 6/22/2014First time I ate here and I really enjoyed the place. Great food, superior service. I highly recommend you go and enjoy the brunch. A lot of choices, fresh fruit, made omelets of your choice, beligun waffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barely AverageChippyVIPDined on 6/21/2014First time based on OT good reviews? The Charitos family’s three generations of chefs, I was hopeful for a good local find. We ordered Apps, Saganaki and wings. The saganaki was greesy and burnt on the bottom. The wings were over cooked and barely had any wind sauce on them. We ordered a few Pizzas and a Chicken Penne dish. The Chicken penne was the star of the night. Smoked chicken was tender and flavorful. The pizzas had way too much cheese and sauce lacked in flavor. My wife had Keneth Square pizza and there was barely a small handful of mushrooms on the pizza.. Beers - good selection. The servers are slovenly looking folk. The waiter spilled a drink on floor and it remained on floor until we left. Sorry - not for us.. wont last
- Comfortable place with great foodbloomersDined on 6/21/2014Very good. Popular. They have outdoor seating on a deck, but there were ashtrays on each table, so we ate inside. It is noisy in there. The booths are good, as long as you do not sit next to a big group!Special Features:
- we had a good experiencefood4thoughtDined on 6/20/2014Our waitress was nice and our food was fresh I really like the dessert also our appetizers were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchKozmoDined on 6/15/2014This was my third time to brunch at the red cedar. Food is good and fresh, something's made to order. Service was good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab BrunchF00die88Dined on 6/8/2014Fully enjoyed brunch. Wait staff could not pay enough attention. There wasn't a pass by the table that did not offer more coffee on check on how everything was going. Extremely attentive. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014Really enjoy this place. Food is always creative yet solid. Beer lineup is phenomenal. Staff great to my kids. Happy to have it nearby,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HazelnutsDined on 6/5/2014The suckling pig entree, and the sliders, were very good, as well as the pastramied brisket. The calamari was just okay. The mussels were very large and not a hit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the Red Cedar Grille reviews archive.
- Bountiful BrunchJackieDined on 5/25/2014We enjoyed everything that was offered. The chef was very personable and made an excellent omelet. The owner was very friendly. We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Reasonably PricedMMR626Dined on 5/15/2014Red Cedar Grille has a menu with different choices that are reasonably priced. All of the meals we have had there have been very good. On our recent visit, I had a smoked salmon salad that was excellent. My friend ordered one of the restaurant's pizza choices (I don't recall which one) and indicated that it was among the best he had ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findFood4uDined on 5/15/2014This is a nice addition to the area. Very good for lunch. The serves are friendly and the food arrives in a timely manner. I had the crab soup and it was very good. They offer a nice group of specials to choose from in addition to the regular menu. I will make sure to try it again for dinner or brunch. Also they have outdoor sitting and a nice bar that offers a good selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day 2014WaltDined on 5/11/2014The food was fantastic! We had a large group of ten and were seated right at our reservation time. We all had various menu choices from the mothers day specials with the surf n turf (which both my parents loved), I had the pesto ravioli which was to die for, my husband had the double fisted burger with homemade fries..amazing and most everyone else had brunch which was equally as great. The desserts were HUGE and delicious...the cookie is a must. We cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Menu but missing identityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014Everyone can find something to eat here. This place continues to try and find itself. Hoping it will trend towards good food as a focus and not the bar and kareoke and trivia that ended driving us out. Patient for families with young children, the waitstaff was courteous and accommodating. This is a good place to get reasonable faire with some creative options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placecountrygirlDined on 4/26/2014We went for dinner on Saturday night around 6:00. The food was very good (except the asparagus), and the service was great. Our waitress was very accommdating and quite pleasant. We were seated as soon as we arrived, so it was nice not having to wait. It was a bit noisy because it was crowded, but that wouldn't deter me from going again. Am hoping to go again and try the outdoor seating---when the weather is warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.