Red Cat Kitchen
14 Kennebec Ave
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Cat Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redcatkitchen.com/
- Phone: 508-696-6040x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Benjamin deForest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Red Cat Kitchen
Together with wife and co-owner Sarah Omer, chef Ben Deforest has revived his brand of soulful cuisine at “THE RED CAT KITCHEN at Ken n’ Beck.” Located at the bottom of Kennebec Ave in Oak Bluffs, with a relaxed atmosphere and an evolving menu, great music and walls lined with pieces from artists including Rez Williams and Traeger Di Pietro, there is always something exciting cooking in THE RED CAT KITCHEN.Continued
Be sure to also see our reviews on Trip Adviser!
Be sure to also see our reviews on Trip Adviser!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Cat Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (23)special occasion (11)romantic (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ExcellentcohoDined on 9/19/2014What a great spot. Had a 4 course chefs tasting and it was incredible. Service was excellent. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I dined at the Red cat Monday night. With a reservation we were seated immediately and greeted by our lovely waitress. She was helpful in our selections, and we were not disappointed. The Brussel sprout appetizer was to die for. Would highly recommend it. Although the scallop entrée was unavailable, they substituted with a delicious lobster and corn risotto. The special of the evening was Bonito and again did not disappoint. We finished off our spectacular dining experience with chocolate creme brulee. The best chocolate dessert ever. If you visit Marthas vineyard, do not miss the Red Cat Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit Red Cat Kitchen into your vaca!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Eclectic menu, great food - don't go for the late reservation as they run out of selections and with a relatively small menu, limits options.Special Features:
- Two good meals at Red CatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Red Cat Kitchen is a vibrant little spot. Very friendly, great service and good food. We enjoyed it enough to go back the next night given that they promised to have their fabulous Island Fresca on the menu. We had fresh fish entrees, which were delicious. Everything was well prepared, the wine list was adequate by the glass and the service was great. The Fresca has been changed from past years, when the corn broth was clear and simpler. Today its beefed up a bit but still good. We enjoyed talking with the folks at the table next to us. Other diners seemed to move freely about conversing, saying hi, etc, which added to the pleasure of being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseEllisDined on 9/11/2014Considering that the restaurant is on the site of another one we went to years ago (awful), they conquered those bad vibes. Wonderful service, excellent and interesting menu.Special Features:
- Red Cat KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, good service, cramped space. Still I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- best meal on the islandsenielDined on 9/10/2014I am never disappointed with The Red Cat Kitchen. The food is always fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented. I highly recommend EVERYTHING on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for mediocrityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Nothing special here, very disappointing. Caesar salad with no anchovies for $15 ? I recommend State Road, outstanding and exceptional quality, at same prices. Actually ordered much better wine by the glass and for less than the Red Cat charged me.
- excellentRichDined on 9/8/2014Great food at Red Cat, Ben Deforest is a great chef, have followed him on the Vineyard for many years. In my opinion one of 3 top chefs on the Vineyard, Joe DaSilva and Max Egan the other two great chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experiencegood2eatDined on 9/8/2014We have eaten here several times and have always had superlative meals. From, soup top dessert, the meal was delicious! We ordered the chef'e surprise ad were not surprised how good it was. We had great, friendly service . It was a bit chilly when we arrived and the restaurant granted our request for a table farther away from the door.We love the ambiance but the food makes this an excellent dining choice.Special Features:
- Great food but overpricedellgarDined on 9/5/2014Cute spot , gourmet food but small portions for the tasting menu. We ordered three courses from it-at $12 pp for each tiny portion. Paid $36 pp without drinks and left hungry.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterHappyOnMVDined on 9/4/2014We had dinner at Red Cat early this year. Before the crazy crowds got to the island. Dinner was relaxed and delicious. We were able to congratulate chef on a fine menu and thank him for a great meal Had dinner again last week. Totally different scene. Crowded and lively. The kitchen still kept up amazing pace and cranked out the plates all as perfect as ever. Make a reservation and get in there. Remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST on the island!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Red Cat to me is the best restaurant on the island. We got 3 courses of the "Chef's Choice" am I think it was the best meal I have had all summer. It was spectacular! He is the most creative, excellent chef! I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Great mealBeetelbungDined on 8/31/2014Food was interesting and delicious. Price typical of upscale restaurants on M. V., but decor and ambience, especially the bathroom, are not up to that standard.Special Features:
- Dinner too oftensusanDined on 8/29/2014We ate here 10 days ago and it was fantastic. Went back for another great experience and it was less than stellar. I had heard it was spotty, sometimes good, sometimes not so good and this proved to be true for us. I will hold off going back for another year or so.Special Features:
- Delicious and WelcomingPhoebeDined on 8/28/2014Ben DeForest is an inspired chef who serves up exciting and delicious dishes of freshly cooked local fare. The staff are, for the most part, seasoned veterans who work hard to accommodate every need. The atmosphere is welcoming though a bit intense. If you are looking for a quiet place this establishment is not for you but if food is your number one reason for choosing a restaurant Red Cat is the best the island has to offer.Special Features:
- WowcosmickDined on 8/26/2014Make reservations early, or you won't get in. I made mine my last night in Martha's Vineyard. I got a 9:45 spot at the bar. The food was fantastic. It was a bit noisy for my taste, but it was worth it. I'll book early next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014food was very good. they coud beef up the bar (better whiskey, for instance) a bit, but that's minorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!StevensDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic food, great service, will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Red Cat Kitchen reviews archive.