210 Hampton Road
Southampton, NY 11968Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redbarbrasserie.com/
- Phone: (631) 283-0704
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Closed on Monday &Tuesday.
Redbar offers a prix fixe dinner Sunday-Thursday all night; Friday & Saturday
from 5:30pm-6:30pm. Excluding holidays and holiday weekends.
Two courses $30 three courses $35.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Nodeland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: red/bar brasserie offers the opportunity to rent the entire restaurant for private functions, as well as the use of our "cafe room" for more intimate parties of 10 - 16. Please call red/bar brasserie directly to discus all catering options.
- Private Party Contact: Dawn 6312830704x
A word from red/bar brasserie
Inspired 18 years ago by the renowned restaurant team of Kirk Basnight and David Loewenberg, Red|Bar is unequivocally the quintessentially comfortable gathering place for both Southampton locals and those who cherish fine dining. The food mastered by chef Erik Nodeland is an inspired balance between French influence and local bounty. From Peconic oysters harvested locally daily, a perfect filet mignon, foie gras made in-house, to our signature favorite, the truffled chicken with mushroom risotto, his menu never ceases to amaze.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
red/bar brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (30)romantic (29)hot spot (24)good for groups (12)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistent excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014The service is always smooth and friendly without being intrusive. The fantastic menu is varied enough for a large range of palates and the food is always fresh. I always recommend it to friends visiting as it is a low risk and high reward experience. Since they opened in 1998 I've never heard of anyone having anything less than a great experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten GemSandyLaneVIPDined on 11/1/2014Have not been to Redbar in some time. Forgot what I was missing. Everything was spot on. Perfect restaurant for couples, or small group dinners because the noise level is moderate and everything else amazing. Only negative is bar. It's so small it's really only made for a couple of people who are waiting for a table.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatLoveToEatOutDined on 10/25/2014Our experience at Red/Bar was good not great. We sat right down for a 9:00 p.m. reservation, and were quickly asked about bread and water. After that we waited for a waiter to offer us a drink. The service was just like that all evening - not bad but not good. The food itself was good but not great. I would not NOT go back, but I wouldn't rush back either. On the plus side the location was perfect - walking distance on a beautiful fall evening from downtown Southampton!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014Never disappointing........always glad to be there.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoeHDined on 10/13/2014noisy when full but great atmosphere & Food....one of my faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boblDined on 10/8/2014too noisey hard to hear your cnversation at the table. other than that all greast...Special Features:
- Best in Southampton !HamptonsPhotographerDined on 10/2/2014Over and over again, Red Bar shines and outperforms. Amazing food, unique cozy ambiance, and stellar service. Plus one of the nicest, most courteous, professional Maitre D's this side of the East River.... Glenn! He greets everyone from the celebs to everyday people with charm and a smile and makes us all feel like VIPs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Bar Never DisappointsStrategiesVIPDined on 10/1/2014We always have a dinner at Red Bar when in Southampton. The menu is very appealing and the quality of food consistently top notch. During the off season, at least as of this year, they offer outstanding value and choices with a 2 or 3 course prix fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphereLTSH22Dined on 9/25/2014Red Bar never disappoints. Food and ambiance always perfect. Great setting to go for a relaxing, low key dinner but could also be a lovely place for a special occasion or evening out. Southampton staple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAC1VIPDined on 9/21/2014Second time there. It is excellent in every way. Great menu with outstanding professional servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red bar review.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014We luv the red bar. Dinner was great and we love the staff espc the maitre d and the bartender. ThanksSpecial Features:
- An off-season gemletotherscookVIPDined on 9/15/2014This was my first time at Red Bar and it met, even exceeded, expectations. The atmosphere is lovely, service very professional and food excellent. What made is particularly nice, I suspect, is that we ate there on a Monday evening post Labor Day. It was genuinely quiet and peaceful. So I plan to enjoy Red Bar during the "off-season" and take a break over the summer when the volume of people and noise changes the atmosphere and service at most Hamptons restaurants. But between September and May, this is a top choice for sure -- most especially with its prix fixe $30 for appetizer/entree from Sunday to Thursday.Special Features:
- Celebrity SightingFallRiverFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent restaurant but the noise levels are very high once the restaurant fills. We did get to see Howard Stern and his wife and we are told many notable people in the Hamptons visit this restaurant. Also, the wait staff went out of their way in insure that we were happy after a cocktail came from the bar incorrectly.Special Features:
- AWESOME!! but bring earplugs...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite restaurants in the Hamptons area and one that I make it a point to go to each year... Great food! Great wine and cocktails with a quaint and cozy atmosphere all enhanced by the great service! All great right? Except for the... wait for it - (key the "Dun dun DUN!! music" The CHILDREN!!!!??? Infants and toddlers and screaming OH MY!! Time and place people... Only the blind arrogance of the Hamptons ignorant elite would bring their over indulged, cranky, screaming, running, kicking and crying children to a place with such nice ambiance. With one main open seating area, the restaurant leaves little room for noise barriers to absorb the blood curdling screams of the young couple at a 4 top with the kid in the car seatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantkdg3VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was amazing except the service. Not the server's fault, she worked hard to cover almost every table in the room. Restaurant needs to hire more help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on South ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2014The food is fantastic. The staff is smart and elegant.Special Features:
- It's the Little ThingsSteveB2BDined on 8/17/2014The Red Bar Brasserie had excellent ratings. But ratings do not tell the whole story. The table for two was very small. The menu was extensive and the food was excellent. However it's the lift;le things that separate a good restaurant from one that deserves accolades. The bread was warm but no olive oil only butter. The food was brought out at a quick pace. Uncomfortable. I ordered the special of the day, branzino. Problem was that the fish was presented whole with absolutely no support, not even a fish knife. We ordered an excellent 2001 wine but they just put the bottle on the table and id not even ask if we wanted it decantered. So bottom line the food was good but the service and the little things left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I was looking forward to dinner at red bar, but was sadly disappointed. We waited 40 minutes for our food and when it finally came out, it was our entrees, not our appetizer. The appetizer never came out. To top it off, the food was just mediocre. I ordered the duck and it was dry and a bit bland. You would think that for the price, the food would be above average. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
- YumyumeatumupDined on 8/10/2014Crowded and noisy with delicious gourmet food. The food was incredible and the menu was innovative. The tables were on top of each other and it was difficult yo have a conversation. The ambiance could have been romantic if it were not so noisy and the servers were not struggling to avoid each other and the diners in the tight spaces between tables. Why would anyone be interested in sitting in the parking lot to have a fabulous meal? The truffle chicken and the miso tile fish were excellent.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014everything was delicious. the chicken entree was memorable. Red Bar is a keeper!Special Features:
- FoodnanaDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service & food. We were running late & called them and they couldn't have been nicer-moving our reservation to 7 from 6:30. Lovely table, great service & food. We will return!Special Features:
- The following 181 reviews are from the red/bar brasserie reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014Red Bar Brasserie has been a favorite of ours in the Hamptons for several years. The food and service are excellent. The menu has something to please everyone. Fish and meat are cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. Service is friendly and the owners are lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in southamptonJanmcgenVIPDined on 7/17/2014Consistently delivers delicious food, great wine list, service and ambiance. What a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your ear plugsHedonistDined on 7/13/2014The noise level was so loud we could have a conversation. The other guests seemed to think that it was necessary to shout to each other. We had no customer service. Our food was thrown at us and no one asked if we had everything we needed or if we had enjoyed our meal. The food was ok but bot great.Special Features:
- Always superbDougDined on 7/12/2014As usual, Red Bar is a Southampton gem that I use for special occasions. Red Bar never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffCatwomanVIPDined on 7/9/2014Love, love, love the staff.....every one of them! Excellent food....excellent cocktails......excellent service..... Great ambience !!!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingSportyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Unless you are buying expensive wine, do not expect great service here. My entree (Short Ribs) was very good. My husband's entree (Stuffed Pork Chop) was not - simply flavorless and very salty. Dessert (Choc Cake) was equally as disappointing, tasting more like flour than cake. And we could not find our waiter to lodge our disappointment. When we left, as we waited for our taxi, the staff deserted the parking lot like a sinking ship. Would not go here agin, nor recommend it to anyone.
- Bring ear plugsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/30/2014The food,ambiance and price lend it self to potentially a very good dinning experience . However, the very high noise level ruins the whole experience .
- Red bar foodLondonDinerDined on 6/30/2014Red bar & brasserie was good with great service. Usual price range for the Hamptons so a bit overpriced but an enjoyable evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatrightVIPDined on 6/29/2014one of the best in the Hamptons.Great ambiance;excellent food;congenial service.Special Features:
- Nice Dinnerfoodie37205Dined on 5/31/2014We had good dinner and good service. Nice wine choices by the glass. I enjoyed the many windows and twilight. I have heard that it gets noisy but I didn't have that experience. I will be back soon. Prices were better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificAlexDined on 5/24/2014A little bit crowded, and tables are quite close together, so conversation can be a bit difficult during peak hours, but this is a wonderful place with great food. A can't miss around Southampton.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious!Foodie13VIPDined on 5/16/2014We have been eating here for 6 years. The food and service is always fantastic! Great vibe and you never know which famous face you may be sitting next too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/15/2014Always a great meal. Consistent. Beautiful space. One of the best in the Hamptons!!!!
- Absolutely fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014The veggie plate is one of the best I have ever had: filled with so many healthy vegetables, and absolutely delicious! The ambiance and service was a perfect match to the delectable food. I look forward to coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealDianebDined on 4/27/2014Last minute reservation on. Sunday night . Fabulous selection of food and drink. Service was fantastic, all meals delicious. Salads where fresh, flavorful and plentiful. Salmon, chicken and steak all perfectly prepared. Short ribs divine. Like a place where the noise level allows for conversation. Looking forward to going back. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencecharlie3Dined on 4/19/2014Food was exceptional as was the service. Beautiful insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in SouthamptonKarenDined on 3/21/2014Very attractive interior and great service at Red Bar - for a date or family dinner. Entrees were presented well and very flavorful. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is outstanding. MyLexiVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food is outstanding. My new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Never lets you downAMKoVIPDined on 2/21/2014Red Bar is consistently excellent. On this visit we were entertaining another couple, and both the food and ambience fully met our expectations, while the intelligent and caring service made the whole experience memorable. This was a rather quiet Friday night in February - - for noise-phobes, it was good time to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.