210 Hampton Road
Southampton, NY 11968Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redbarbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 6312830704x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Closed on Tuesday. Redbar offers a prix fixe dinner Sunday-Thursday from 5:30-6:30pm . Excluding holidays and holiday weekends.
Two courses $30 three courses $35.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Nodeland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: red/bar brasserie offers the opportunity to rent the entire restaurant for private functions, as well as the use of our "cafe room" for more intimate parties of 10 - 16. Please call red/bar brasserie directly to discus all catering options.
- Private Party Contact: Dawn 6312830704x
A word from red/bar brasserie
Inspired 18 years ago by the renowned restaurant team of Kirk Basnight and David Loewenberg, Red|Bar is unequivocally the quintessentially comfortable gathering place for both Southampton locals and those who cherish fine dining. The food mastered by chef Erik Nodeland is an inspired balance between French influence and local bounty. From Peconic oysters harvested locally daily, a perfect filet mignon, foie gras made in-house, to our signature favorite, the truffled chicken with mushroom risotto, his menu never ceases to amaze.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
red/bar brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (21)romantic (19)hot spot (15)notable wine list (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great restaurantkdg3VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was amazing except the service. Not the server's fault, she worked hard to cover almost every table in the room. Restaurant needs to hire more help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on South ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014The food is fantastic. The staff is smart and elegant.Special Features:
- It's the Little ThingsSteveB2BDined on 8/17/2014The Red Bar Brasserie had excellent ratings. But ratings do not tell the whole story. The table for two was very small. The menu was extensive and the food was excellent. However it's the lift;le things that separate a good restaurant from one that deserves accolades. The bread was warm but no olive oil only butter. The food was brought out at a quick pace. Uncomfortable. I ordered the special of the day, branzino. Problem was that the fish was presented whole with absolutely no support, not even a fish knife. We ordered an excellent 2001 wine but they just put the bottle on the table and id not even ask if we wanted it decantered. So bottom line the food was good but the service and the little things left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I was looking forward to dinner at red bar, but was sadly disappointed. We waited 40 minutes for our food and when it finally came out, it was our entrees, not our appetizer. The appetizer never came out. To top it off, the food was just mediocre. I ordered the duck and it was dry and a bit bland. You would think that for the price, the food would be above average. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
- YumyumeatumupDined on 8/10/2014Crowded and noisy with delicious gourmet food. The food was incredible and the menu was innovative. The tables were on top of each other and it was difficult yo have a conversation. The ambiance could have been romantic if it were not so noisy and the servers were not struggling to avoid each other and the diners in the tight spaces between tables. Why would anyone be interested in sitting in the parking lot to have a fabulous meal? The truffle chicken and the miso tile fish were excellent.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014everything was delicious. the chicken entree was memorable. Red Bar is a keeper!Special Features:
- FoodnanaDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service & food. We were running late & called them and they couldn't have been nicer-moving our reservation to 7 from 6:30. Lovely table, great service & food. We will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014Red Bar Brasserie has been a favorite of ours in the Hamptons for several years. The food and service are excellent. The menu has something to please everyone. Fish and meat are cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. Service is friendly and the owners are lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in southamptonJanmcgenVIPDined on 7/17/2014Consistently delivers delicious food, great wine list, service and ambiance. What a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your ear plugsHedonistDined on 7/13/2014The noise level was so loud we could have a conversation. The other guests seemed to think that it was necessary to shout to each other. We had no customer service. Our food was thrown at us and no one asked if we had everything we needed or if we had enjoyed our meal. The food was ok but bot great.Special Features:
- Always superbDougDined on 7/12/2014As usual, Red Bar is a Southampton gem that I use for special occasions. Red Bar never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffCatwomanVIPDined on 7/9/2014Love, love, love the staff.....every one of them! Excellent food....excellent cocktails......excellent service..... Great ambience !!!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingSportyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Unless you are buying expensive wine, do not expect great service here. My entree (Short Ribs) was very good. My husband's entree (Stuffed Pork Chop) was not - simply flavorless and very salty. Dessert (Choc Cake) was equally as disappointing, tasting more like flour than cake. And we could not find our waiter to lodge our disappointment. When we left, as we waited for our taxi, the staff deserted the parking lot like a sinking ship. Would not go here agin, nor recommend it to anyone.
- Bring ear plugsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/30/2014The food,ambiance and price lend it self to potentially a very good dinning experience . However, the very high noise level ruins the whole experience .
- Red bar foodLondonDinerDined on 6/30/2014Red bar & brasserie was good with great service. Usual price range for the Hamptons so a bit overpriced but an enjoyable evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatrightVIPDined on 6/29/2014one of the best in the Hamptons.Great ambiance;excellent food;congenial service.Special Features:
- Nice Dinnerfoodie37205Dined on 5/31/2014We had good dinner and good service. Nice wine choices by the glass. I enjoyed the many windows and twilight. I have heard that it gets noisy but I didn't have that experience. I will be back soon. Prices were better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificAlexDined on 5/24/2014A little bit crowded, and tables are quite close together, so conversation can be a bit difficult during peak hours, but this is a wonderful place with great food. A can't miss around Southampton.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious!Foodie13VIPDined on 5/16/2014We have been eating here for 6 years. The food and service is always fantastic! Great vibe and you never know which famous face you may be sitting next too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/15/2014Always a great meal. Consistent. Beautiful space. One of the best in the Hamptons!!!!
- The following 168 reviews are from the red/bar brasserie reviews archive.
- Absolutely fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014The veggie plate is one of the best I have ever had: filled with so many healthy vegetables, and absolutely delicious! The ambiance and service was a perfect match to the delectable food. I look forward to coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealDianebDined on 4/27/2014Last minute reservation on. Sunday night . Fabulous selection of food and drink. Service was fantastic, all meals delicious. Salads where fresh, flavorful and plentiful. Salmon, chicken and steak all perfectly prepared. Short ribs divine. Like a place where the noise level allows for conversation. Looking forward to going back. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencecharlie3Dined on 4/19/2014Food was exceptional as was the service. Beautiful insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in SouthamptonKarenDined on 3/21/2014Very attractive interior and great service at Red Bar - for a date or family dinner. Entrees were presented well and very flavorful. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is outstanding. MyLexiDined on 3/8/2014The food is outstanding. My new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Never lets you downAMKoVIPDined on 2/21/2014Red Bar is consistently excellent. On this visit we were entertaining another couple, and both the food and ambience fully met our expectations, while the intelligent and caring service made the whole experience memorable. This was a rather quiet Friday night in February - - for noise-phobes, it was good time to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but weak serviceilovefoodDined on 2/14/2014Husband and i made a reservation for valentine's day. Drinks, water, bread served promptly. Appetizers, Caesar salad and hummus plate, brought out within 10/15 minutes. Both were delicious, excellent portion size. Main course took about 40 mins to be served after apps cleared, we were shocked that waiter never checked on us. We ordered the NY strip and Braised beef short ribs. Both our meals looked dry, like they had been forgotten about in the kitchen. Steak was good, potatoes were dry. Short ribs could have had a little more flavor, but were still excellent, the greens were very wet and heavy. Extremely disappointed with service, skipped dessert. Heard another waiter telling guests about a dessert special and our waiter never mentioned itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousmiloshVIPDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve dinner at Redbar was terrific. Went there with my husband and sister for a nice dinner with a little fun, nothing too 'NYE'. Redbar totally delivered. The dining room was festive, but not annoying. I have dined at this restaurant before during the Summer season and I have to say that either way you can't go wrong. Even on a busy night like NYE our food was fabulous. My sister is vegetarian and I told them of this before we arrived because it was a set menu and I knew she would have a hard time working around a lamb chop. Redbar got it right away, they were kind about it, but I wasn't sure what to expect. Well her dinner came and she was thrilled. Gorgeous spread and we all just sat back, ate, drank and welcomed 2014!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining703jamesVIPDined on 12/27/2013This restaurant consistently delivers. The moment we arrive we are greatedvwarmly. The reserved table is waiting. The service is congenial, efficient and friendly. The food is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good time!CatwomanVIPDined on 12/21/2013Thanks to the staff As always everyone is fantastic!!! Merry holidays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love you guys !!kentDined on 11/27/2013The food, service and flexibility were amazing this Thanksgiving holiday weekend !! Thank you Glenn for being so accommodating with our reservation time, when we were stuck in traffic ;) Definitely the BEST in Southampton !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is much better inpicklesVIPDined on 11/10/2013The food is much better in the summer. We participated in restaurant week and it was just so so. Not up to its usual food standard.
- Never disappointsBen01Dined on 11/9/2013This is about the only worthwhile fine dining restaurant in Southampton that I will consider. Never disappoints in terms of food, service and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual ClassAMKoVIPDined on 10/27/2013Red Bar is a Hamptons fixture, but it's friendly and casual. The food is often brilliant (try their foie gras - - you'll think you're in France), and always intelligent and inviting. The host, Glenn, makes you feel special, and waiters like Kiki are attentive and informative. The only drawback is the noise on crowded weekends. The ceiling is low, and the place attracts a robustly festive crowd of high-achievers, which with the low ceiling can make conversation strained, to say the least. The décor is soft and inviting (candles galore), and this is one of the few places around that still uses white table cloths and absorbent napkins. All in all, this is one of the finest destinations in Southampton.Special Features:
- One of our all time favoritesFoodie101VIPDined on 10/25/2013We have be enjoying Red Bar for over 10 years and have never been disappointed. The chef is very creative and always impresses us with his preparations. The entire staff is amazing and one of the only restaurants tha HONERS a reservation. A must for anyone who wants to enjoy really GOOD food. The only thing lacking is soundproofing !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food !RickDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I went here for our 40th Anniversary. We were so pleased by the food and friendly service. The candle lit tables were very romantic and the noise level was moderate so we could have a nice conversation. We would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion for it was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot in the Hamptons...StaceyKVIPDined on 10/12/2013I have eaten here 5 times this summer/fall season in the Hamptons and each time it was better than the next. Hands down the best food around - everything is delicious. Local, fresh, innovative - and just yummy! My favorite go-to spot for dinner any night of the week. Fantastic service - the hostess is super sweet and Pat behind the bar is awesome. Great wines and desserts. Worth a visit any time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud not EnergeticHabitsVIPDined on 10/12/2013This has got to be the loudest restaurant I have ever encountered! You could not hear yourself think over the noise. You couldn't hear the waitress or your group. Also it was so dark every customrer had to use his or her iPhone to read the menu and the check. It was so dark you didn't even know what yur food looked like but didn't want to hold my iPhone while eating.Special Features:
- Great Meal, everyone enjoyedcitygalDined on 10/11/2013Great Meal, everyone enjoyed his dish and the service was great.Special Features:
- Go off hoursMonicaDined on 10/6/2013We went early on a Sunday night and the noise level was fine. It can be very loud on a Saturday in August, but love the food and the service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.