Red Apple Buffet - Norwood Park
6474 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60631Neighborhood:
PolishPrice: $30 and under
Red Apple Buffet - Norwood Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://redapplebuffet.com/
- Phone: 7737633407
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Polish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We have it all, from full catering service to affordable equipment rentals. All delivered to your house or business in out hot & cold truck.
It’s Easy, if you want delivery only
Just simply choose one of our three packages and let us deliver to you home or businesses - fresh and hot, served in aluminum, heatable containers ( 10 person minimum ).
A word from Red Apple Buffet - Norwood Park
Red Apple Buffet Restaurant Chicago is an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant with a long tradition of serving great tasting traditional and contemporary Polish and international food. Our goal is to satisfy every kind of appetite! We know that even the best food shouldn’t come at sky-high prices. That’s why Red Apple is a budget minded restaurant where everyone can enjoy a great meal!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Apple Buffet - Norwood Park reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- pelegiaDined on 7/30/2014I found the restaurant to be full and the waitress happy to see us. This is 1 P.M. in the afternoon. Something for everyone. typical Polish fare. Maybe an explanation to those coming for a first time. Parking is not even not even tolerable.Special Features:
- Great buffetScatchieDined on 6/27/2014Best buffet! Food is nicely presented, hot and refreshed before the trays get even close to empty. Lots of things to pick from, salads, meats, different styles of potatoes. This is my second time there, and we came with another couple that enjoyed it as well.Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the Red Apple Buffet - Norwood Park reviews archive.
- My reviewsHermajestyDined on 6/7/2014Please note that this is a CASH ONLY restaurant!! They DO NOT accept checks or credit cards. The Buffet is "all you can eat" so it's great if you've got kids. A good variety of mostly Polish food-some seafood- and plenty of it! The buffet is well stocked as the employees often bring out more food. Family atmosphere. Small parking lot and street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home cooking!SusanDined on 5/11/2014We always have a wonderful time at Red Apple. The food is just like Grandma used to make and there's plenty of it. They have a nice bar if you'd like a cocktail with your dinner, and the service is great. But the FOOD is the main reason we go. It's just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty Polish BuffetABL40Dined on 4/28/2014If you're looking for solid Polish food and friendly service this is the place for you. Great variety/quantity of Polish food and desserts. There's even a salad bar. The dinner buffet is only $15and includes coffee. You will not go away hungry. Wine selection is very limited, a decent selection of beers. A great way to experience Polish food.Special Features:
- Disappointing, over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/25/2014Had been looking forward to having good Polish food and from the reviews and ratings posted on the website, I thought we were going to have some. The menu looked so enticing and varied and held such promise but in the end the place did not deliver. I know there are good Polish buffets in the city but for this one to be rated #1 is unbelievable.Special Features:
- good Polish food overallKZ2014VIPDined on 1/20/2014Enjoyed the buffet, great variety and restaurant was very clean. Make sure you bring cash, no credit cards accepted. Cookies looked delicious, not enough room to try them.Special Features:
- disappointednapsDined on 11/28/2013I had heard and read many good reviews. But the restaurant was over crowded and I had my Mom with me in a wheelchair, no room between tables to maneuver anything easily. I had called and even checked the website to make sure there would vegetarian options on the buffet and the things they said would be on the buffet were not on the buffet so my friend had barely anything to eat and it cost $24.99!!!! I don't even think they knew I had a reservation except I called to check on something else and doubled checked and they did not seem to realize I even had a reservation so I told them I did one online thru Open table and they made it work. so overall not impressed and will be going back.
- I had not been to a buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013I had not been to a buffet type restaurant for a long time. It seems that you are expected to "pig out" when you go to one of these places, and I can't do that. But I enjoyed Red Apple. The food reminds me of home - and it was quality food. I ate what I wanted, and not more. The price was reasonable and for lunch, the place wasn't too busy. I will definitively bring my family for a nice comfort food meal. The service too was attentive. Dishes were cleared quickly, and the whole staff was professional and friendly. Even though it was "cash only", they took my credit card, as a first timer at the restaurant, and unaware of this policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2013Good food at a reasonable price served by friendly staff in a clean setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious though heavy...AEGSrDined on 10/28/2013Since I come from Russia, this is as close to my back-home feast food as could be. Though heavy and not-much-healthy, the taste and variety is just what I am often longing for. Filling, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty Comfort Foodbook19Dined on 10/19/2013Red Apple is a reasonably priced, cash only buffet that specializes in Polish food. I especially enjoyed the pork loin with plums, the stuffed cabbage rolls (golabki), the sauerkraut, and the cucumber salad. The condiments include horseradish and home made dill cream sauce. For hearty Polish comfort food at a great price, the Red Apple is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedcappifishDined on 8/18/2013Another buffet...................oh well. NOT mediocre; just fresh homemade foods and lots of it!Special Features:
- Trixie and BevoTrixie40VIPDined on 4/28/2013Good buffet selection of Polish dishes. Fair pricing and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the staff was great even atChicagoanDined on 2/14/2013the staff was great even at late hour with fewndiners left for buffet. They continued to replenish the food.Special Features: