Red Apple Buffet - Avondale
3121 N Millwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60618Neighborhood:
Avondale / Irving Park
PolishPrice: $30 and under
Red Apple Buffet - Avondale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://redapplebuffet.com/
- Phone: (773) 909-2771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Polish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have it all, from full catering service to affordable equipment rentals. All delivered to your house or business in out hot & cold truck.
It’s Easy, if you want delivery only
Just simply choose one of our three packages and let us deliver to you home or businesses - fresh and hot, served in aluminum, heatable containers ( 10 person minimum ).
A word from Red Apple Buffet - Avondale
Red Apple Buffet Restaurant Chicago is an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant with a long tradition of serving great tasting traditional and contemporary Polish and international food. Our goal is to satisfy every kind of appetite! We know that even the best food shouldn’t come at sky-high prices. That’s why Red Apple is a budget minded restaurant where everyone can enjoy a great meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Apple Buffet - Avondale reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FoodieDined on 8/22/2014Was expecting more polish type of food. The place needs a remodel. Carpet not what they should be for a food establishment.
- food was EXCELLENT, friendly staffgrams5Dined on 8/2/2014The food was EXCELLENT, very friendly staff. My mom is down the street so it was very convenient for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Red Apple Buffet - Avondale reviews archive.
- Authentic, homemade Polish foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was clean and well lit, the staff was very friendly. The selection of Polish food was wonderful - kielbasa with onions, pierogis, tripe, real mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, ham, tenderloin, pork tenderloin, apple pancakes, potato pancakes, cheese blintzes, and the list goes on. They also had a great selection of fresh cut fruit and salads. I really liked that the food was served hot in small trays rather than large trays that sit out for awhile. They refill the trays regularly with fresh made food. In the age of trendy new farm to table fancy cocktail restaurants, it is great to come back to a low key authentic place like that that is affordable, easy to eat, and delicious! Great for kids as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New appreciation for Polish cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014My husband and I met some friends here based on the Chicago's Best episode in which Red Apple was featured. We were not disappointed! The food was amazing! Very fresh and full of flavor. I even tried the beef tongue (which I swore I would never eat!) and it was delicious! The highlight were the Potato Pancakes. These potato pancakes were so good you didn't really miss apple sauce or sour cream that were absent from the buffet. Other 'must try' offerings are the schnitzel, the chicken and the duck. If you have any room left, the desserts are not to be missed! Just one note is that they do not accept credit cards, so bring cash or you will be directed to the nearest ATM. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014We has a group of about 40, half were children, and we all enjoyed the food. The selection was incredible, and even the most picky kids found food they could enjoy on the buffet. Wish I had a bigger stomach to sample all the options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & nice serviceBababurgDined on 11/29/2013Very generous budget - things you usually do not find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Polish foodloberhouseDined on 11/19/2013Family friendly restaurant that serves good Polish food plus a selection of other foods. Good pricing for a decent buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013Good Polish food. Choose carefully from the buffet. Some is great, some just so-so, but great selection. Nice, friendly home-style service.Special Features:
- Great for a taste of polish foodFoodLuverDined on 7/26/2013Good buffet if you've never had polish food and want to give it a try. Terrible service - the waitress didn't bring our drinks until we had finished our first plate. The restaurant is hard to find and the sign upon entering says they accept credit cards, but the fine print says they are accepted at the ATM with an additional surcharge.Special Features:
- So much good stuff!TalegiDined on 7/7/2013There is so much wonderful food here, at a very reasonable price... I will have to go back to try what I couldn't possibly fit in during my last visit. Pizza with Polish sausage (Sunday special!), cucumber salad, cabbage salad, sauerkraut salad, Golumpki, Cheese Blintzes with fruit compote, polish sausage, roast duck, potato pancakes, dumplings, potato and onion pierogi, and that's just what I managed to try! There were also several chicken dishes, carved roast beef and ham, a few fish choices, and beet salad, among others. There is a full range of dessert options, including hand-dipped ice cream, cheesecake, and assorted pastries. I highly recommend the Coffee Meringue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. ElaboratemaopDined on 1/29/2013Love this place. Elaborate Polish buffet. Inexpensive good food. Friendly and good service. If you like Polish food, you have to try this place. Very clean.Special Features:
- I've been going to Red ApplePeteDined on 11/4/2012I've been going to Red Apple for over 25 years, starting when I was in high school and visiting Chicago annually with my dad. I've come here when I was in college; I've brought friends over; and it's been fun to bring my sons here, too! So lots of memories for me at this place, but the food has always been really homey, authentic and, like any true Polish dining experience, all you can eat! I love this place!Special Features: