236 Old River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rebeccasedgewater.com/
- Phone: 2019438808x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
A word from Rebecca's
Located just off the Hudson River in beautiful Edgewater, New Jersey, Rebecca's Cuban and Carribean Restaurant has been serving world class cuisine for over 17 years. Rebecca's intimate interior and breathtaking cliffside patio have made it a sought after destination for diners across the New York City metro area and beyond. The menu was painstakingly crafted to give customers an authentic and unforgettable Cuban culinary experience. Every ingredient in every dish is hand picked for flavor and freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Rebecca's - Best Restaurants in Edgewater ›
Rebecca's reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Where are the pork chops?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Went to Rebecca's looking forward to their double cut pork chops. Unfortunately, they forgot to buy any to serve that evening. The steak dish was a very poor substitute.
- Quaint place and really good foodJustmeDined on 9/7/2014I hadn't been to Rebecca's in years and finally had an opportunity to go back. It was a Sunday evening so it wasn't crowded which was nice. The food was really good and the outdoor area with the cliffs behind you and a waterfall is a really nice touch. But they could do better with whatever they have covering the patio - it's a bunch of 2x4's with a plastic sheeting as cover. But the weather was great so it was nice sitting outside. The inddoor reassurance is also decorated very nicely - also very romantic. But as many reviews mention, the entree prices are steep. $30 for pulled beef was crazy. Are they trying to make up for not getting the markup on wine since it's a BYOB? Bottom line - I would recommend it and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantFCG123Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and it never disappoints. I got the pork chop, which is a long wait, so be prepared for that if you order it. They also warn of this wait upon ordering so it was expected.Special Features:
- Rebecca's is greatdiner42Dined on 8/15/2014food is fantastic especially if you go with the Cuban standards like ropa vieja or roast pork. one wierd thing is the wat staff which is friendly and accommodating as usual but they seemed a little confused as three seperate waiters tried to sever us all at onceSpecial Features:
- chefchefVIPDined on 8/15/2014They forgot the salt. Everything tasted bland. Needed more seasoning.Special Features:
- Always a hit!Enjoyfood6Dined on 8/6/2014Rebecca's cuisine is consistently amazing, no matter what you order, everything is delicious and you can taste the quality of the food. My favorite is the coconut mashed yams! Their specials are always great too! We go there every chance we get. You need to make a reservation in advance, small place and very popular, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Another wonderful birthday celebration at Rebecca's! Food was phenom as well as the service. Did i mention the BEST black beans ever?!Special Features:
- Hidden gemluvmesomefoodDined on 7/26/2014Coming back to this restaurant about 2 years later specifically for the outdoor dining experience, there was a newly erected gazebo which obscured the cliff side view I so loved from the first visit. However, the string lights made the space feel quite intimate. Marco, the restaurant manager was accommodating even though my party was running late.The food was great, had the steak which was extra tender and deliciously marinated. The dirty rice was just wonderful (even though I didn't taste the bacon). The servers were prompt and attentive. My girlfriends all said they'd take their spouses as it was really cozy and romantic. We appreciated the BYOB as we could all bring our favorite wines. I will definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be 4.5 starsFJGJ99Dined on 7/24/2014We went with a party of 16. Pros - Wait staff was great. Food was excellent (I had the double grilled pork chops...highly recommend them). Cons - Food delivery was slow. However, nothing came out cold so it was definitely made fresh and that could be verified by the taste. FGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food, reasonable prices and wonderful staff. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morrislazmorrislazVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had been the previously and as always the food was Very good. I would say outstanding but it is certainly not among the top restaurants I frequent! The price was certainly good for the quality and size portions which were good. We would have liked to sit in the garden as it was a beautiful night but it was all filled. I would recommend calling if you know the weather is good to as to sit there. It is a BYOB which I like. The service was very good. All in all I would recommend.Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The food @ Rebecca's was delicious and the environment is really nice and sweet.Special Features:
- Loud didnt honor requestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/21/2014I had reserved a table in the little room to the right. They didnt honor that reservation and placed us right in the middle of the restaurant. There was a very loud table there and the restaurant did nothing to control their volume. They wouldn't seat us outside where it was quieter either. We were unable to have a conversation the entire evening. The service was very very slow and we were stuck not being able to talk or eat for 2-1/2 hours. I think our waiter was blown away by the noise as wee since anything we asked him was met by a blank stare. The food was good but the experience was horrible. We've been there several times before and knew to request our table. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Still greatreviewerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Been going to Rebecca's for at least 15 years or more and it's still one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- A great restarantPoconoGroupDined on 6/8/2014My first and definitely not my last visit to Rebecca 's. w was. quite delightful! Service and food was superb. It was definitely worth the trip from the Pocono's. we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAnex43VIPDined on 6/7/2014Diverse menu do delicious Latin fusion cuisine. Attentive service from professional staff. Just deciding what to eat was an adventure. We are generally no desert Easters but the espresso creme brûlée was something special,Special Features:
- choosyDined on 6/7/2014Food was wonderful! Service was very accomodating even though they booked too many private parties for a Saturday night. Would go back on a more quiet night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gr8 food and the wait staff amazingfoodie4lifeDined on 5/28/2014The food was gr8 as always...it is under new mgmt but w/ same chef...the ropa vieja is as amazing as ever! The yams and the plaintains are must haves--then u don;t need dessert LOL....The wait staff is very professional and kind!!!Special Features:
- Love this place!jenlozoeDined on 5/24/2014I have been looking for the right latin cuisine in NJ for a while. A fellow bus commuter mentioned this place to me. My family and I made reservations. The table was ready for us upon arrival, the waiter was wonderfully friendly. They served us our appetizers, mix of empanadas, delicious and out of this world. The surf and turf out of this world. Opened our bottles of wine and provided one of the best cuban cuisine ever. The service was great, the food even better and reasonably priced Its small but definitely worth going to. I will be coming back. Love it and I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatprm8VIPDined on 5/23/2014Geovani is an excellent waiter and the food is top notch.Special Features:
- CharmingAlondraDined on 5/18/2014We were looking for a restaurant to have a nice family dinner on Sunday and Rebecca's was a a great choice. It was our first time but not the last one. The food was delicious, the services was excellent and the appearance of the restaurant was charming. I will definitely go back for date night or we a group of friends. If you decide to try don't forget to BYOB. They are not allowed to sell liquors but they are more than happy to open that wine bottle for you ❤Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Rebecca's reviews archive.
- Great FindBillVDined on 5/17/2014Celebrated a birthday with the family at Rebecca's and thoroughly enjoyed it. Started by sharing an assortment of appetizers including chorizo and empanadas. The Ropa Vieja was terrific. The pork chop my daughter had was outstanding (also huge). Service was very efficient and friendly. Lovely outdoor patio seating.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the ambience was fabulous. I will definitely go back and I highly recommend going there. Be sure to make a reservation since it does fill up quickly.Special Features:
- Great ambience, mediocre foodgaliranaDined on 5/14/2014Last I was at Rebecca's -it was an amazing experience-food was great, service impeccable, the ambience on the outside patio-really romantic. This time everything was the same but the food. It's not that it's bad, but really nothing to write home about. I went there with 3 other girls and we ordered the appetizer special salmon empanadas-the salmon inside was dry and a bit too fishy-which tells you the chef wanted to use leftover salmon that is about to go bad. And that's ok, but there weren't any spices or other stuff in it, and it just wasn't great. We also had another special -the mussels and I can tell the mussels were fresh, but there was no sauce. Churasco is your safest bet. The flan de coco was very good, but the dessert empanada no.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillLatinLastChanceDined on 5/11/2014Went back to Rebecca's for Mother's Day after not being there for a couple of years. Won't be going back. three-word description----Overpriced, Dumb, Fading. Mom's Day was prix fixe- $75/head for dinner or $45 for lunch. turns out Menus were nearly identical. Servings were small, mostly pre-prepared, and frankly very average in quality. Our waiter, although handsome --actually the entire staff looks like a Latin version of GQ and Cosmo -all very good looking and all friendly, well he touted his memory while taking the order, and then screwed up at least one thing for everyone. and to make it worse, the corrected offerings were wrong also. We gave up and left. Used to be quite a good place- maybe something has changed. Wont be returning
- Mother's Day brunch 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took my wife there with our toddler. The food was excellent, service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food never disappointsWhyDoIHaveToHaveANicknameVIPDined on 5/3/2014We had: starters: chorizo and chick peas salad, and a salad special. Both were very good. entrees: surf and turf special, and lechon asado. The S&T was very good. The lechon asado was super delicious. dessert: bread pudding. Good, but ask for extra sauce. wine: we brought our own, as usual.Special Features:
- Great Food!Benny3Dined on 5/3/2014Food was great! Beef empanadas were great! I had the churrassco and tasted he double center cut Guava pork chop, and that was the best pork chop I've ever had. Cooked all the way through. I will definitely be going back and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Rebecca's is a must do for people who enjoy Great Cuban food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceRohavosDined on 4/13/2014Great romantic restaurant. Great for people who like good food and good conversation. Not for people who like loud bar scenes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedFenixDined on 3/30/2014They do not serve alcohol and it seems the locals all knew to bring their own bottle of wine. Wish we knew. Croquette appetizer is excellent. Entrees okay. We really came to try their specialty writen up in Gourmet Magazine: Espresso Creme Broulette But at 8pm they were OUT!
- Our Neighborhood JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014They honor a reservation, seated right way. Restuarant is small but noise level is quiet. Food consistantly good, both Cuban style and American. NIce to bring our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Everprm8VIPDined on 3/1/2014I have known and visited Rebecca's for many years (it had been two since my last visit) and I have always enjoyed it, BUT come on....this place just brought it up a notch! The place looks more beautiful, the food is better, the friendliness of the staff unmatched. Wow! If you like Cuban food, forget Victor's in NYC or Azucar, or any other place....this is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - February 22 5:30pmSMHarrisonDined on 2/22/2014My coworker recommended this restaurant. What a fantastic choice. My husband & I came with my sister & brother in-law. We brought our own wine as they do not have a liquor license just yet. The food was superb and plentiful. I highly recommend the pork chop and Red Snapper!! DELICIOUS!! The wait staff was very attentive. We asked to speak with the manager/owner and complimented him on the excellent food and presentation. We travelled from Bayonne and South Orange NJ and will definitely some back .We were stuffed when we left and well satisfied. Sheila & MikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!FCG123Dined on 2/21/2014I have been to the restaurant a bunch of times and its always great! Everyone is so nice and the food is always amazing. I go whenever I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCubawlDined on 2/16/2014Great food, nice decor and excellent service. This is a byob establishment new owner is very friendly and polite. Highly recommend but make reservations ahead of time specially weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerEricDined on 2/15/2014BYOB. For $15 they'll turn your wine into Sangria. Price is steep but you get what you pay for. Food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Foodsantyh3Dined on 2/14/2014Incredibly nice restaurant with irresistible food. Staff was on top of everything and service was amazing. Really recommend the Churrasco with coconut yams. For desert you cannot skip the flan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food very attentive servicetomayVIPDined on 2/7/2014Make reservations early place is small. You will enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityTrureviewVIPDined on 2/1/2014The menu is not overbearing and manages to have choices to fit a variety of palettes. It is cuban cuisine done in an elegant manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistantreviewerVIPDined on 1/31/2014We've been going to Rebecca's since they opened several years ago. Always very good. Also now they have valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.