147 Front Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
DUMBO / Vinegar Hill
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rebarnyc.com/
- Phone: 7187972322
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am; Brunch: Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Leech
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: reBar offers two private rooms for casual passed appetizer and buffet style gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Stevens 9174069192
- Entertainment: DJs after 9:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays set the vibe. Groovy and fun.
A word from reBar
reBar is a Brooklyn Gastropub located on the mezzanine of an 1800s-era tea factory. Terra-cotta barrel vaulted ceilings sore above massive communal tables in the dramatic bar and dining room. Parties as large as twenty and intimate deuces are both at home in a space that seems cozy despite its size. Executive Chef Jeremy Leech"s seasonal New American menu (featuring a 7-hour roasted pulled pork sandwich, porcini-dusted filet mignon, and a killer burger), is complemented by 15 taps and 120 bottles of world beers, highlighted by the extensive Belgian selections. An entirely sustainable, organic, and bio-dynamic wine list and huge scotch selection round out the offerings.Continued
reBar is casual. Bring your friends.
reBar is casual. Bring your friends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
reBar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Shut DownAnynitedinerVIPDined on 5/6/2014ReBar shut down suddenly a few days after our latest visit. Despite the restaurant being crowded something seemed off. First, even though we had booked, they basically said they had nothing available but a table where we could order at the bar. When I said we'd skip that and leave they scrambled and decided we could get service at that table. They were short staffed and we were left waiting, table was not properly set, and when we were served it was hurried and indifferent. Meal ended with a check without asking us about coffee or desert. Food was also very mediocre that night, and my wife's chicken was undercooked in parts. While we had been before figured we would not be back, but a few days later the restaurant was shut.
- Brooklyn hangoutSpoonfedVIPDined on 5/5/2014Great place for lunch or drinks. Good people watching too.Special Features:
- Great food, but noisy (lively!)Operababe5Dined on 4/3/2014If I was 25 or 35 and wanted to be out with lots of people, this is a perfect spot. Very noisy, but great food, spacious, interesting building and decor. My friend (a designer and antique dealer) like it, too, so that's saying a lot. She is also a foodie, as am I, and was pleasantly surprised to find the food so delicious and also even healthful. Wonderful! We were attending a play at St. Anne's Warehouse down the street, and this was the move convenient place based on a Yelp search. We would both come back and bring friends, despite the noise. Perhaps come on another night or for lunch when it might be more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the morning we had coffeeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013In the morning we had coffee here and the waiter this morning showed us the special paintings and was very kind. In the vening we came back for dinner. Nice food, our waiter made a mistake with our wine, but the manager apologized and gave us the correct wine for free! Later this evening he came to apologized again, because we were seated near a group of 20 people. Although we told him that was no problem for us, he offered us our desserts for free. Great service!Special Features:
- good food; indifferent servicesalemwitchVIPDined on 12/10/2013probably a great, fun place if yr gen x or younger--maybe much younger. clearly a fun atmosphere, very active bar scene, quite good food...but you have to be up for a lot of noise and a casual approach to getting food on the table. clearly part of the dumbo "scene," and convenient to the current home of st. ann's warehouse (theater).Special Features:
- Hoped for BetterRobJDined on 11/29/2013Made reservations 2 weeks earlier for engagement proposal to my gf and I explained that! In town from Ohio for weekend. When we arrived I explained event/reservation again which seemed to be totally ignored and again requested a nice table with a good view and not too loud. We were sat next to a huge loud BDay party and pretty much ignored the first 10 min. Server finally stopped he seemed rushed and overwhelmed. In addition many of the people at the party next to us were standing around table clogging the narrow walkway between our tables with their butts in our face!!!! I asked to be moved to the bar (only quiet open option) They had no sever available so we got a hostess. She was great and friendly. Still VERY DISAPPOINTED!!Special Features:
- avoidOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/22/2013horrible service. horrible space..... but at least the food is good.
- worth repeat visitsFemmeFaimDined on 11/22/2013A good place to combine with a visit to St. Ann's Warehouse.Special Features:
- My first time in a Dumbo ,MaursVIPDined on 11/22/2013My first time in a Dumbo , really nice place amazing wings, great burgers good service. Great Happy Hours place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ventured out of ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2013We ventured out of Manhattan to eat here and the spaciousness was much appreciated after many cramped, noisy restaurants. Portions were larger than expected, so I would recommend ordering less or sharing dishes.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodopheliasdaisiesDined on 10/30/2013All the food here was delicious! Make sure you save room for dessert. The cakes are delicious, but they're huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food but service a bit offEyeshawDined on 10/18/2013We had a very nice meal pre-theatre. Pork chop off the charts good. Nicely executed salmon. Unavailable dish replaced without notification, otherwise very good. Willing to give them another shot because of food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2013Me and my fiancee love this place. We found it when looking for a wedding reception venue and they were nothing but impressive. Since then, we've eaten here a few times and it's been nothing but great.Special Features:
- Noisy, interesting foodbridgeandtunnelDined on 9/20/2013It was Friday evening and the place is cavernous, and popular. Most people were at the bar so our table was a bit quieter. The menu contained some creative choices, plenty of vegetarian and a few vegan dishes, including an outstanding vegan smoked farro, and a decadent polenta with truffles and an egg. The evening's special hamburger was overcooked but had lots of cheese and mushrooms. I would characterize the service as reluctant, until just before the bill was paid, when it became vibrant. Too late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceegrillDined on 9/16/2013First time going to ReBar... The Ambience was great.. Dim lighting almost "Medieval" like. The food was great. Good beer and wine. They had a lot of different foods that I've never had before. You can do a Prefix and try a lot of the food for a good price. Service could have been a little better. The only downside was they were out of the 2 dishes we wanted when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced, poor service, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2013paid 24 dollars for a few spoonfuls of grains. the burger was a glorified big mac. paid too much for a warm beet salad. the decor was shabby chic and the restaurant was divided into arbitrary sections that no one bothered to explain if we were in rebar or retreat or (never) return. the a/c was on full blast and it wasn't even hot outside. our servers were busy dancing with each other so we waited a full 30 minutes after we finished our food before someone would bring us the check. we were starving after we left and i did not feel like giving the restaurant any more of my money for dessert. if this is representative of the food scene in DUMBO, then I understand why it's not on the food map.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2013Rebar has become one of my favorite restaurants! The decor is beautiful and has a rustic vibe to it... The food is delish - MUST TRY MAC AND CHEESE!!! and RED VELVET CAKE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableaztecrexDined on 7/8/2013ReBar is a go-to in DUMBO. Great food, good, friendly staff and cool aesthetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish I had been lookingrunner1Dined on 5/17/2013Every dish I had been looking forward to trying, they were out of (at 8pm on a Friday night). As a vegetarian, the options left over were scant. Had to make due with a salad and side of macaroni and cheese (which was smoky, salty, and not very flavorful). Disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Tasty Unusual Menu/Good PricesOmNomMomVIPDined on 4/24/2013Went here for a casual business lunch - was not impressed by the written menu for lunch, seemed limited, but was very pleasantly surprised with the food. I had a cheese/bacon sandwich on a cheese muffin - it was huge and totally delicious. My companion had a kale salad - it was so good it persuaded me to add kale to my cooking repertoire. She also had the mini mac n cheese which she said was also very good. I like this place, it's in a fun neighborhood and has great food for very good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The burger lunch special wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013The burger lunch special was great for $8 including tax. You also get a drink, which is a plus. The staff constantly was checking to see how we were doing. It was our first experience and we loved it for lunch. They take credit card so that was also nice. The burger was big, 1/2 pound, nice and juicy.Special Features:
- Food and drinks were absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013Food and drinks were absolutely great...however, the restaurant had no record of my reservation. Oh well. With communal dining, there really wasn't much of a table to reserve anyways.Special Features:
- I absolutely loved ReBar.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013I absolutely loved ReBar. I was talking about it, carrying on about its decor, friendly staff, great food and impressive drink/beer list. I will definitely return. I also have seen online that Rebar is available as a party venue, definitely something to consider. It is gorgeous!Special Features:
- Food was great, but far tooOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013Food was great, but far too expensive for the service. Like really expensive. We ordered food that never came. We just gave up. Finished what did come an left.
- This restaurant was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013This restaurant was terrible. Menu seemed interesting, but the execution was poor. Waiter was unwelcoming and rudely handed us the check before asking us if we wanted anything else. Music was way too loud as well.
- Great atmosphere, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013Great atmosphere, very good service. The "gastro-pub" food had some innovative twists on pub fare, but unfortunately the chef was way too happy with the salt (sweet potato parsnip cakes & rainbow chard with lentils). They should tone that down! On the plus side our waiter brought beer samples to taste so that I could decide between two good options. The reRuns pocket size movie theater with a bar that I saw in the back looks intriguing, would like to come back for a movie!Special Features:
- Good spot for a beer but don'tReadytodineDined on 11/29/2012Good spot for a beer but don't expect anything more than "bar food".
- Fun FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012Going on a recommendation from our friends in Maine, we decided to make the trip from Manhattan. Great surprise, healthy foods, (well maybe not the beef ribs!, they were fab). really well prepared. Interesting variation of putine. Pumped up kale salad, lovely steamed broccoli with SHARP cheddar. Finally reasonably priced drinks. What's there not to like? Well the host who sneered at our being 10 minutes late. The place was empty and you do have an awkward location to find. Took the ambiance down a notch.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantaussiedinerDined on 11/20/2012We went to this restaurant because it was the only one in the neighborhood near the theater we were attending. The space is inviting, but we found the food fairly uninspiring. The service was good however. The noise level was fairly okay because we sat as far away from the bar as possible, but I can imagine late at night it is quite noisy.
- Off-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2012I've eaten here a half dozen times and have consistently been impressed but this time one of my favorite small plate dishes: organic broccoli (with red jalapeños, fried anchovy, cabot clothbound cheddar, house brewed olive oil, meyer lemon) was kind of dry (it comes with sardines that were uncharacteristically powdery and tasteless). My Farro main was great, and my BF's Lobster Truffle Mac & Cheese was great. I was just disappointed that my juicy broccoli taste explosion (previously it had been the best broccoli I've ever had in my life) was such a let down this time around. I had literally been looking forward to it all day.Special Features:
- Tasty Burger Royale at reBar!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/23/2012Very nice service! Delicious sweet potato & parsnip appetizer. The Burger Royale was also delicious. Great drinks, too. Popcorn is very tasty! Dont care for long communal table. Would prefer more separate tables for fourSpecial Features:
- Off NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012The first reservations were at 9 PM due to a wedding so they were dealing with a rush, first drinks were slow, though they did catch up. Got the lamb, it was so well done that they actually took it off the bill. The rest of the food was pretty good, nice scene, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was an odd/off night and I would go again.Special Features:
- Mediocre service, the waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012Mediocre service, the waitstaff did not know about the wine selection or the food. Terrible food - either bland or too much salt.
- Food was very good. InterestingKYtravelerVIPDined on 6/22/2012Food was very good. Interesting non carnivorous choices. Nice diverdity in menu. Artichoke is wonderful as is the mac and cheese. Restaurant can get noisy and you definitely need a reservation of you don't want a wait. interesting renovated space. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Over priced, over salted,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Over priced, over salted, dark enclosed space, good presentation of food.Special Features:
- Cool space; uneven foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012Communal table for dining too wide - had to shout across table to friends to be heard above the loud music. Menu has potential, but uneven execution leads to disappointing experience. Fried chix special: chix delicious, but beans and potatoes too salty (inedible). Ahi tuna special: overcooked and dry. Burgers: good, not great. Desserts large portions but nothing special.Special Features:
- fantastic space, but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012fantastic space, but food disappointed. good beer selection.Special Features:
- The food at reBar never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012The food at reBar never disappoints. It's an eclectic menu....but awesome food! And the beer list is amazing. I would recommend this place!Special Features:
- Eat somewhere else!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Absolutely horrible food. Good for boisterous bar scene but definitely eat elsewhere.
- I got the Vegetable RagoutOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/6/2012I got the Vegetable Ragout to start, it was my first time trying faro much less smoked faro and it and the seasonal veggies were cooked to perfection. FYI: the entree portions are out of control, I got a smoked salmon pasta dish the size of a 4 month old. MY BF's mac'n cheese with bacon (served like a liquid cheese bacon soup with some macaroni and more cheese grated on top) was enough for two large lumberjacks. We both enjoyed our food and took the leftovers to go before stopping by the back of the restaurant to catch a indie flick at ReBar's ReRun cinema. Drank beers in the car seat chairs, stayed for a talk-back with the director. Awesome night.Special Features: