310 Houston Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SouthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reata.net/
- Phone: (817) 336-1009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by Reata isn't just about delivering great food; its about delivering the total Reata experience. Unlike many caterers, Reata cooks all of our food on-site for the freshest results. Even if your venue doesn't have a kitchen, we'll supply our own portable ovens and grills to make every morsel the best it can be. In addition to our signature Western cuisine listed on our regular menu, our chef will gladly consult with you to create a custom menu. Catering directors will be at your event to ensure that everything goes flawlessly
- Private Party Facilities: Whether the occasion calls for a business luncheon, dinner celebration or buffet reception, few Metroplex venues can match the energy and elegance of Reata Fort Worth.
Our 22,000-square-foot restaurant accommodates up to 600 diners over four levels, with a number of unique private dining spaces.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Cotten 8173361009x23
A word from Reata
Sophistication without pretension-that's the beauty of Reata. From the moment you pass through our doors, the unmistakable ambience of Reata envelops you. Hosts and servers welcome you as if you were an old friend, inviting you to savor every moment-and every bite of your meal. And all around you, tempting aromas swirl, while wrought iron accents, rustic paintings, and cowboy accouterments gently remind you that there's a taste of the West in every gourmet creation we serve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Reata reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (236)good for groups (151)romantic (150)fit for foodies (150)great for outdoor dining (119)scenic view (119)hot spot (77)notable wine list (71)great for lunch (67)neighborhood gem (66)vibrant bar scene (54)late-night find (30)great for brunch (29)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014Took the Mrs. here for her birthday (her request). It was a slow night and service was great. Food was excellent and well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodcowtown27Dined on 11/16/2014We have dined at The Reata several times and enjoyed each visit. Certain favorite dishes (e.g chicken tortilla soup) are consistently good. Always. The service has been attentive and helpful, but never intrusive. We will happily return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okayLizSVIPDined on 11/15/2014I had heard so many good things that I was really looking forward to the dinner but the food was average. Everything from the Caesar salad, fish and pork entrees as well as the dessert tacos missed the mark. They all had a blandness - really lacking a flavor profile. I don't like to salt my food since I watch my sodium intake but I had to do so to bring out any flavors possible. The service was good and the place was lovely. The waiter and hostesses were all friendly and attentive. In the end, you go to a restaurant mainly for good tasting food. The service couldn't overcome that obstacle. I cannot recommend Reata to others.Special Features:
- DisappointingLatenightdinerDined on 11/15/2014The food was good once we got it. There was a problem with our order in the kitchen, which delayed our meal being served. When our steaks arrived they were not cooked as ordered, so they took them back to the kitchen and started over. When they were served the second time, they were cooked correctly, but were smaller and fattier. But what was most disappointing was that I made the reservation a week in advance and let them know we were celebrating my husband's birthday. When we were seated they asked if it was a special celebration, and once again told them yes, my husband's birthday. At the end of the meal, there was no acknowledgment and nothing special for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once again.DeniseDined on 11/15/2014This was our 2nd trip to Reata and we were seated on the roof under the dome and it was so beautiful. Our food once again was outstanding. Will definitely go again when we are in Ft. Worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations!AlbertDined on 11/13/2014My wife picked this place for my birthday dinner. She had read great reviews online and thought it would be the best combination of a great steak place but yet relaxed and comfortable. She hit a bulleye with that assessment. From the moment we walked in everyone from the greeters to our table staff and our waiter were happy to see us and made us feel at home. The environment was Texas awesome and pleasant to be in. It was a little loud, but there were several large dinner groups and family parties going on so it didn't bother us one bit. Issac, our server was prompt, pleasant and professional. He gave us great suggestions, explained the specials and then gave us the time to go through the menu. From the drinks, to the appetizer and through dinner and dessert, Issac was there to make sure everything was hot, looked and tasted good. It all was. My wife had the chicken fried steak and I had the Cowboy cut bone in ribeye. Both were prepared and presented perfectly. For dessert, we ordered the chocolate lava cake to share and my wife told our server it was my birthday. The cake arrived with "Happy Birthday" written with chocolate frosting on the edge of the plate. After that each server who visited our table wished me happy birthday. It was a classy and low key gesture that capped off a wonderful dinner. We have been living in Fort Worth for two years, but this was our first time dinning here. We will be back soon, and we will be bring out of town guests and family here from now on. I'm a proud native Texan, and this place reminded me of why I love my home state so much; smiling and happy people who care about what they do and are proud to share that with you. This place exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Texas Cuisine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014We always enjoy bringing guests from out of town for Texas cuisine. The food, service, and atmosphere are always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ft. Worth super star!DogcatDined on 11/12/2014Our group drove 300 miles to get out of Midland, Texas for a little civilization and good food. We chose Reata due to the cookbook they sell. My wife is a gourmet cook and loves the Reata cookbook, so we decided to try this place. Wow! Extremely authentic, fresh, perfectly prepared food. My wife had Sea Bass with crab, I had a type of poblano tamale stuffed with fresh guacamole and other stuff. All 4 meals were outstanding. Service was top notch, great atmosphere. Seemed to have 20 something's up to us 60 something's there. You will like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food and atmosphere.mojobikerDined on 11/12/2014One of the most pleasurable dining experiences we have had in a long time. Wish we had one in Dallas. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceAmyJayDined on 11/11/2014Always pleasantly surprised with the level of dedication and knowledge of the staff and their professionalism. The food is always excellent, the ambiance is wonderful and you can take your loved-one or go for a business meeting. Wonderful for any occasion.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Texas SpecialitiesW2NYCDined on 11/9/2014Was a little too dark; difficult to read the menu; a bit too much food; attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak - sides lackingmeatious22Dined on 11/8/2014Great service, great steak but they serve green beans and mashed potatoes with a prime cut of meat (tenderloin)? The sides were mediocre, but came with the $35.00 steak. Would prefer a la carte. Other than that, everything was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the domermswe2Dined on 11/8/2014Ate in the "Dome" for the first time...it was a great experience -- sunset, rooftop outdoor feel (it was too cold to eat outside) yet inside comfort. Also the reflection of the lights on the dome was awesome. Food and service were outstanding. There were 2 large parties in the restaurant but the service was impeccable. Great experience again! Love Reata's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceDallasDogDined on 11/8/2014Can't go wrong here, no matter what you order off their interesting menu. If you LOVE Chicken Fried Steak, the Reata Grill makes the BEST in Texas. No other restaurant in this state can make it any better, and we've searched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic DinnerSarah326Dined on 11/7/2014Dinner at The Reata was a great experience. The staff was amazing. I went there for my 4 year anniversary and because I put "Celebrating an Anniversary" in my reservation description, they greeted me with a "Happy Anniversary" at the check-in desk. Our waiter was superb, he knew the menu inside and out. After our dinner he gave us chocolate covered strawberries with champagne, compliments of The Reata. This place is a great special occasion date. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Loved it!ScottFamDined on 11/7/2014This was our first visit to Reata. We were seeking an upscale place to dine, but that was not stuffy. Reata was a home run. Great atmosphere, great service, and delicious food. The staff could not have been more accommodating. Our waiter was very attentive and timely, and when I asked to change out the dressing, I was told that would be "no problem". We were even running late and when we called, we were told that it was not problem and to drive safely! This would be a great place for a special occasion or out of town company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof top diningDMillerDFWDined on 11/6/2014The Reata offers an incredible dining opportunity for those looking for a high end specialty menu with the appropriate amount of Southwest feel. The roof top dining option offers a beautiful and scenic dining experience tough to match in Ft. Worth. Service is unmatched and food quality and choice is simply outstanding - this is our favorite Ft.Worth dining spot!Special Features:
- Reata Club SandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The Reata Club Sandwich was outstanding! I had the Club as a part of the Saddle Pack Combination along with a cup of Tortilla Soup. Great food, great service, great price!Special Features:
- A Fort Worth MusttotalpkageDined on 11/3/2014Food is great, and wait staff spot on. When the weather is nice the outdoor rooftop patio is excellent with a great view of downtown Fort Worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for foodies...srhennDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant was in a central spot for my group so and has a nice reputation. We went on a Sunday evening and it was not crowded. The service was nice. They do not have a great wine list…and the food they serve is heavy. So if you like heavy foods this is a great place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service shine!ArielDined on 11/2/2014Everything about this restaurant was excellent, but it's food and service stood out. We've gone on special occasions, but we should go more often in the future given the fairly reasonable prices, something I suspect most people don't realize. Thanks again for a wonderful dinner date Reata!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a viewunusualsoul86Dined on 11/2/2014If you're looking for the best food in town, this is definitely not it. But if you're looking for a great place to eat with a scenic view and great staff, this is the place for you. It's kinda pricey in my opinion so it may just be a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The food was not up to expectations. We both had the pepper steak. The peppercorn overwhelmed the entire dish. The sides were sunpar. The green beans were unevenly cooked. The creme brûlée didn't have much of a candied she'll on top and the custard wasn't a custard at all, it was more like vanilla pudding. There are much better dining options at this price point. I would go back for the rooftop bar after I had dinner elsewhere.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience!BrunchloverVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had another terrific dinner here Saturday night. We always enjoy our dinners here, but this time was exceptional. We were taken to our table where our favorite cocktails, on the house, were already waiting for us, with a hand written note thanking us for being such good customers! What a wonderful surprise and speaks volumes for the management and service at Reata! Our waitress, Jendi continued with great service and our salmon and red fish dinners were delicious. We weren't rushed at all but had plenty of time to get to our show. The valet even had our car waiting for us! We felt like royalty! What a great experience. We will look forward to our next dinner here and would most definitely recommend coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Fort Worth!calvertfunDined on 10/30/2014What a great place to take out-of-town friends to experience Fort Worth! The menu items are creative and delicious!Special Features:
- reetDined on 10/30/2014We had an excellent meal, prompt and very courteous service, helpful hints re entrees...overall a delightful experience! The MurphysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening in downtown Fort WorthRiley1949Dined on 10/30/2014I have lived in Fort Worth since 1958 and have seen restaurants come and go. Thank goodness for the Bass Family and their bringing the downtown area back to life! And thank goodness for Al - who brought Reata first to Alpine and then to Fort Worth. Even a tornado could not beat Reata! Reata re-invented itself and is going strong. It is a real pleasure to eat there, and for my son and his first visit there - it was all it could have been. Must admit though that I do miss the music from the tower - loved the music from "High Noon".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch SpotSusanB58Dined on 10/29/2014Had a wonderful lunch here in Downtown Ft. Worth after a morning at the Kimbell Art Museum. The restaurant was pretty full with a lively lunch crowd. Our server, Curtis, was very good and perfect with his suggestions for drinks and foods. A blue margarita started my meal and was very sweet, rather than sour, and just as I like them! My lunch consisted of stacked chicken enchiladas with ranchero beans and jalapeno cheese grits....all were EXCELLENT! Lunch was served with mini cheese cornbread muffins and/or pecan biscuits with seasoned butter. Dessert was a moist, delicious bread pudding tamale served with vanilla bean ice cream. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjjjjDined on 10/27/2014We had dinner there and decided to sit on the roof top and it was wonderful. The service was outstanding, food was wonderful. We split our dinner and they split it in the kitchen which was very nice. Dessert was also wonderful. A homerun all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stchiDined on 10/25/2014Very impressed with atmosphere, we were there for our anniversary and they made it a little more special with good service. Food was very good unique and different dishes with daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were a group of 4 dining. Two of our meals were good. The Mahi-mahi was prepared nicely but lacking spice and the lamb was good. The charbroiled bone in ribeye was to be cooked medium well but came out much too pink for my boyfriends taste and he allowed us all to taste it. The meat was grainey and very disappointing. My girlfriend had a buffalo style dish that tasted just like wing sauce. I've been to Reata a number of times but was very disappointed this time especially since we were hosting out of town guests.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationHoustonAgDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I made our way to the rooftop of the Reata to celebrate our 1-year. The food was great, and the drink was okay (I got an Old Fassion, and it was mediocre). I had the steak, she had a fish and we split some onion rings for a starter. Delicious, but way to much food for us to finish! The wait staff was friendly and timely.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Reata never disappoints. Reata is simply the best. Open table has a stupid 50 character minimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Special OccasionSteeeveOh5Dined on 10/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at Reata on a Friday night during the peak of the dinner rush. Our waiter Rian was very attentive and knowledgeable of the wine and food menus. We sat on the rooftop to enjoy the outdoor dining atmosphere. The view of downtown was a very nice backdrop to the evening. When we told Rian we were celebrating our anniversary he brought us back a personalized dessert and a card signed by the staff thanking is for celebrating our anniversary with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Birthday Hit!!foster4295Dined on 10/24/2014I took my wife to Reata for her 30th birthday. We were greeted by the hostess who welcomed her with a "Happy Birthday" (I had them that when I made the reservation). We were taken to the third floor dining room which was a dome that was completely glasses in. When the sun went down, it added a really great ambience to the room. The food was amazing!! If you go, make sure to get the sampler for an appetizer - they will let you substitute so we swapped for the calamari. My wife said it was the best that she has had in a while. I ordered the pepper crusted filet and it was cooked perfectly! My wife had a salad because the appetizer was so filling. Personalized card signed by staff for my wife. Our waitress Destiny was great!! GO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reata Was OutstandingThk22VIPDined on 10/22/2014We booked Reata for a special birthday for my wife. The restaurant went out of its way to make it a great evening. The food was outstanding. We had their nightly special of steak and seafood which was prepared to perfection. Our server, Sharon, was extremely attentive but not overbearing. Because it was my wife's birthday, we were comped glasses of champagne which was a nice touch. Overall, our restaurant experience was outstanding and we would unequivocally recommend Reata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The pork was fantastic. I also recommend several appetizers and plan to stay awhile. The view from the roof is also fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReataGo3WarriersDined on 10/18/2014Our experience was disappointing. Our server seemed to be a little over worked and inattentive . Wine was not delivered until after we had completed our appetizer and our salads. We probably should have complained and/or commented more, but that is not our style. The main courses we had (Carne Asada and Bone in Rib Eye) were excellent. The tenderloin tamales we ordered for appetizers were not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I really appreciate the staff at Reata, very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFab40Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, great service and great atmosphere. Must try the bread pudding with cinnamon ice cream. Best dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.