Real Seafood Company - Toledo
22 Main Street
The Docks at International Park
Toledo, OH 43605Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Real Seafood Company - Toledo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.msventures.com/realseafood/pages/toledo.html
- Phone: (419) 697-5427
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Branden D, Simon Pesusich Executive Chef
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Real Seafood Company in Toledo can accommodate large groups in our River Room #1 for up to 40 & in our River Room #2 for up to 20. It's the perfect location for lunch or dinner meetings, afternoon showers & private parties. Chef Tim is happy to work out a menu specific for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Becker 8884563463
A word from Real Seafood Company - Toledo
Where the coastlines of the Atlantic Ocean, the Great Lakes & the Gulf of Mexico meet. Relax in light, comfortable splendor & enjoy a menu of teeming seafood variety, simply prepared & truly fresh. An altogether spectacular experience from the breath-taking views of the Maumee river to the outstanding food. Real Seafood Company in Toledo is quite simply seafood as it should be! click here for special events and promotions information http://www.msventures.com/realseafood/pages/toledo.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Real Seafood Company - Toledo - Best Restaurants in Toledo ›
Real Seafood Company - Toledo reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)scenic view (91)great for outdoor dining (65)good for groups (57)fit for foodies (57)romantic (54)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (22)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- Nice ambiance and fish cooked perfectlyKimKDined on 11/26/2014This place is very nice and our dinners were cooked perfectly -salmon and swordfish that were hot and moist and not overdone and great roasted vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfunctoryRebeccaDined on 11/22/2014plastic table cloths? loud, loud, loud.... server seemed untrained (or bored) Bar couldn't mix a Gibson...no cocktail onions Bar poured a muscato when a Riesling was ordered food was uninspired
- Always a birthday treatMamaSueDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I always make sure to come on our birthdays for dinner. Never eaten anything we haven't liked. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodpetesDined on 10/31/2014The lobster was cracked for me which was great but it didn't taste that fresh. The lemon sole was on the dry side. The cole slaw had a bite to it. The wine cost more than the individual meal.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceDennyDined on 10/30/2014Our waitress was very knowledgeable and had a fun personality. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFoodieforlifeDined on 10/29/2014We had dinner at Real Seafood on the 29th of October. The staff was very friendly and our server, Andrew was excellent! The food came on a timely basis and was outstanding! Best seafood I have had since I was on either coast. always fresh. Their blue cheese coleslaw will make you cry. Try the Real Seafood in Toledo, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent.mimiintoledoDined on 10/26/2014We always enjoy dinner at the Real Seafood. Never disappoints - always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Delight!SeniorhottieDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I have been to the Real Seafood Company in Toledo several times over the last 8 years, and we always thoroughly enjoy it. The food, the ambiance and the service are all top notch. It is always a great treat to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Great but not this visitluv2dineDined on 10/25/2014Usually we love this restaurant, but tonight the service was slow and the food was luke warm when served. Our waiter seemed new...Hopefully next time will be better.Special Features:
- Never disappointsFlyTacksDined on 10/25/2014Classic, timeless... Mainstreet Ventures provides a consistently high quality experience and product time after time. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We were expecting a wonderful evening out to dinner to celebrate an anniversary and birthday. Unfortunately it was a 3 hr. wait (which lead to some of our guest leaving early). Some of our food wasn't right and there wasn't any Lobster available which was the reason we picked this restaurant because it was lobster fest and truthfully there wasn't a good excuse for the service. It wasn't that busy. The overall experience was very disappointing!Special Features:
- Good food, but management issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Food was very good, as usual, however they were out of lobster during their own "Lobsterfest" promotion, and although our server said they were informing all customers of this shortage upon arrival, no one told me this. The biggest complaint however has to do with the seating. I had requested a specific booth when I made the reservation. Upon arrival the management said the booth was empty (available), but since we were 10-15 minutes early, they steered us towards the bar and said we could get a drink or two and they would stop back in the bar in another 10-15 minutes. Well, they sure stopped by, but only to tell me our party of 3 people wasn't big enough for the booth that I had requested, and instead seated us in a tight booth. Sad.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsUDParentVIPDined on 10/25/2014Six of us had a very nice dinner here on a trip to Toledo to visit the National Museum of the Great Lakes. We could smell the delicious rolls upon our arrival and had exceptional service from our waitress. We had made a reservation for 5:45 and many tables already taken, so I recommend a reservation no matter what time you are dining. Each of us ordered something different and all enjoyed their meals. The tossed salads were delicious; I'm not sure how the blue cheese coleslaw was. Their truckload of lobster broke down on the way from Philadelphia, so they could not honor the LobsterFest specials, as advertised, but they notified us of this as we were being seated. This was not a problem since the menu offers so many wonderful entrees.Special Features:
- MemorableWaltDined on 10/23/2014Nice setting, great food, excellent service, what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterfestSid3waysDined on 10/22/2014We went for Lobster fest and it did not disappoint. The food here is always fantastic, we have yet to dis-like any dish we have ordered. The hot rocks are an amazing appetizer as well as their seafood platter that comes with lobster and oysters. As the title states, we went for Lobsterfest which is $23.95 for a 1 1/4lb lobster. They prepare it for you right at the table so their is little work for you to do other than enjoy the fruit of the ocean. Generally the ambiance would be a 5 but for some reason they set us in the back corner which is basically a small brick room next to a literal garage door (which generally is open during the warm months). The drinks this particular night were very slow to come which was not the norm.Special Features:
- A great Birthday celebrationJamband2014Dined on 10/19/2014What can I say when everything is perfect? There were 5 of us and we all ordered a different dish, and every dish was delectable. I have been there many times and it never fails to keep up the standards. We went because of the lobster special, but we all got different meals of lobster. They all rated superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatLibbyDined on 10/18/2014As usual, everything we ordered was delicious and prepared to order. We were celebrating my husband's birthday, so we treated ourselves to shrimp cocktails, which were large and fresh. We both had the filet and lobster tail. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the lobster was so sweet it didn't need to be dipped in the butter. We shared a Creme Brulee, that is still the best in the city! Only disappointment was the wine list. Bottles of Cabernet Savignon went from in the $30 to over $100. I would think they could do better than that. We did have the "highlighted" wine, which was less expensive, but just ok in flavor.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was EXCELLENT from the time we walked in with the friendly greeting to the time we left. LOVE going for the Lobster Fest. Love the fireplace! Unfortunately it was too chilly to dine outside but highly recommend that as it overlooks the river and downtown Toledo. The Rock Shrimp is to die for, highly recommended appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Loved lobster fest. Good and service always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th birthday celebrationNoanieDined on 10/17/2014A milestone birthday celebrated at an outstanding restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topcop151Topcop151Dined on 10/17/2014Great food again, and service and server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointedUnknownDined on 10/16/2014My parents, brother, fiancé and I went for my parents 35th anniversary and were sadly disappointed. Three of us had the Maine lobster and they said they were tough and overlooked, mediocre at best. There was a big issue with a latex allergy and that left a member of our party without food for good while. I had the steak and while it was cooked to med rare as I asked, it was tough to chew and I feel like a $10 steak at Texas Roadhouse was more enjoyable. Our fries sides were very disappointing and everything was bland. We all thought for the price it wasn't worth it. We will not be returning and have told a few people how disappointed we were. Our waitress was decent enough but she couldn't make up for the food. Sorry to be so harsh.
- Great timeGoBrownsDined on 10/14/2014We attended during lobster fest and it was also a special occasion birthday. We ordered the lobster and fillet special and Emily our waitress did a great job of preparing the lobster for us at the table. Oysters were tasty but small and horseradish was wonderfully hot. Would like another option for the blue cheese coleslaw is too strong with blue cheese for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster specialRockyDined on 10/14/2014lobsterfest is a good deal, special price brought us to Real Seafood instead of one of our usual Tuesday specials elsewhere.Special Features:
- CariL47Dined on 10/12/2014As always very pleased with our dinning experience. Our waiter was excellant. Our dinners were delicious, the lobster bisque was the best I have ever tasted. Would highly recommend Real Seafood.Special Features:
- YummyTrixie62Dined on 10/11/2014Lobster fest was wonderful! Great food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as the ocean in the Midwest22droverkeepDined on 10/10/2014The food was fit for either coast. .Service was suberb. Menu very diverse for a seafood restaurant anywhere. Raw bar offerings well presented. Lobster cracked and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- putinbayDined on 10/9/2014Too high priced, unless celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- crownsonthetownDined on 10/9/2014We arrived at the reservation time of 5:30pm to a pretty empty restaurant and no hostess or anyone willing to come and let us know if we were suppose to seat ourselves. Hostess showed up from outside a few minutes later, told her we had a reservation she said this time of year there was no need. Sat us at seating by fireplace which was really nice. Waiter was great and attentive. We order Calamari for an appetizer and it was great, had the Crab Cakes and the Ahi Tuna for main entree. Crab cakes and hash browns very good but not the best, Ahi Tuna lacking some flavor. We waited excessively for our entrees, it was lobsterfest that night and I guess if you didn't order the special you had a long wait. Would still visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topcop151Topcop151Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service. Looking forward to returning later this month for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014We ordered the Shrimp Scampi and it was warm..very disappointing. The side order of hash browns were on the same plate and should have been in a separate dish as it was sitting in the garlic sauce.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEMoyerDined on 10/4/2014My husband took me here for my birthday and what a great time we had. Our waiter, Andrew, was very informative, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The dinner was amazing, compliments to the chef! I must say, we have had fresh seafood at a lot of restaurants, including right on the ocean front, but this South African Cold Water Lobster was cooked to perfection. Our whole dinner experience was wonderful. We had been here for lunch so we thought it would be nice for dinner. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real SeafoodLoveDiningOutDined on 10/4/2014I went there for a friend's birthday. They slash the bill in half for 1-2 people dining if you go on your birthday. We had a wonderful server, Steve. He allowed us to move from a table where the sun was in our eyes to a booth. He was very attentive and we didn't want for anything. My guest had a sirloin which was delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the chef's special - encrusted brown sugar salmon. It was wonderful. I brought my own cake and there were no complaints. My guest was allowed to pick a free birthday dessert to take home. We had a really nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealJJJJDined on 10/1/2014We hadn't ben to the Real Seafood in years, went to celebrate our anniversary. First thing I noticed was the worn tabletop, I don't think they have been refinished in the twenty plus years the restaurant has been here, could have used a nice tablecloth. But our meal was excellent, if not a little rushed between salad and entries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday celebration40thbirthdaycelebrationDined on 9/30/2014We come to Real Seafood for our birthday celebrations. We always have a great experience, but we felt that this time our meals were exceptional - one of the best meals we have enjoyed in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb ServiceNOTHAPPY53Dined on 9/29/2014The server was an amazing employee. Very nice and well versed in the menu Great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DinnerPerchLoverDined on 9/28/2014We were out with friends to celebrate a birthday. We were greeted immediately and taken to our table by a very nice host. The waitress was great and took good care of us. she told us about all the specials and made sure that we were well taken care of while we were there for dinner. The food was great as it usually is. I am very pleased with the visit. Will be returning again.Special Features:
- Great Freash SeafooddwozDined on 9/24/2014I enjoyed eatting at the Real Seafood Restaurant in Toledo last week, the food, the company and the service were superb. Be sure to ask for the specials and the catch of the day while visiting. The Calamari, the hot rolls and the salad's all rock. My Stuffed Flounder dinner was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Disappointing.DisappointingDined on 9/23/2014We had a great lunch 10 days earlier which prompted the dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Service was horribly slow while the restaurant was not very busy. Waitress did what she could to accommodate. Food was not very palatable. My wife did thoroughly enjoy the Crab cake. Beef was overcooked and under seasoned. The birthday discount was generous and appreciated, but even that did not compensate for the deficiencies. Previous reviews led us to believe that the manager would not "make things right".Special Features:
- BrutisDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Husband had crab said it was best he ever ateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.