Real Seafood Company - Toledo
22 Main Street
The Docks at International Park
Toledo, OH 43605Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Real Seafood Company - Toledo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.msventures.com/realseafood/pages/toledo.html
- Phone: 4196975427
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Branden D, Simon Pesusich Executive Chef
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Real Seafood Company in Toledo can accommodate large groups in our River Room #1 for up to 40 & in our River Room #2 for up to 20. It's the perfect location for lunch or dinner meetings, afternoon showers & private parties. Chef Tim is happy to work out a menu specific for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Becker 8884563463
A word from Real Seafood Company - Toledo
Where the coastlines of the Atlantic Ocean, the Great Lakes & the Gulf of Mexico meet. Relax in light, comfortable splendor & enjoy a menu of teeming seafood variety, simply prepared & truly fresh. An altogether spectacular experience from the breath-taking views of the Maumee river to the outstanding food. Real Seafood Company in Toledo is quite simply seafood as it should be! click here for special events and promotions information http://www.msventures.com/realseafood/pages/toledo.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Real Seafood Company - Toledo - Best Restaurants in Toledo ›
Real Seafood Company - Toledo reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)scenic view (119)great for outdoor dining (101)good for groups (69)romantic (68)fit for foodies (63)great for lunch (58)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (27)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (5)Show More
- LobsterfestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014We went for Lobster fest and it did not disappoint. The food here is always fantastic, we have yet to dis-like any dish we have ordered. The hot rocks are an amazing appetizer as well as their seafood platter that comes with lobster and oysters. As the title states, we went for Lobsterfest which is $23.95 for a 1 1/4lb lobster. They prepare it for you right at the table so their is little work for you to do other than enjoy the fruit of the ocean. Generally the ambiance would be a 5 but for some reason they set us in the back corner which is basically a small brick room next to a literal garage door (which generally is open during the warm months). The drinks this particular night were very slow to come which was not the norm.Special Features:
- A great Birthday celebrationJamband2014Dined on 10/19/2014What can I say when everything is perfect? There were 5 of us and we all ordered a different dish, and every dish was delectable. I have been there many times and it never fails to keep up the standards. We went because of the lobster special, but we all got different meals of lobster. They all rated superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatLibbyDined on 10/18/2014As usual, everything we ordered was delicious and prepared to order. We were celebrating my husband's birthday, so we treated ourselves to shrimp cocktails, which were large and fresh. We both had the filet and lobster tail. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the lobster was so sweet it didn't need to be dipped in the butter. We shared a Creme Brulee, that is still the best in the city! Only disappointment was the wine list. Bottles of Cabernet Savignon went from in the $30 to over $100. I would think they could do better than that. We did have the "highlighted" wine, which was less expensive, but just ok in flavor.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was EXCELLENT from the time we walked in with the friendly greeting to the time we left. LOVE going for the Lobster Fest. Love the fireplace! Unfortunately it was too chilly to dine outside but highly recommend that as it overlooks the river and downtown Toledo. The Rock Shrimp is to die for, highly recommended appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Loved lobster fest. Good and service always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th birthday celebrationNoanieDined on 10/17/2014A milestone birthday celebrated at an outstanding restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topcop151Topcop151Dined on 10/17/2014Great food again, and service and server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointedUnknownDined on 10/16/2014My parents, brother, fiancé and I went for my parents 35th anniversary and were sadly disappointed. Three of us had the Maine lobster and they said they were tough and overlooked, mediocre at best. There was a big issue with a latex allergy and that left a member of our party without food for good while. I had the steak and while it was cooked to med rare as I asked, it was tough to chew and I feel like a $10 steak at Texas Roadhouse was more enjoyable. Our fries sides were very disappointing and everything was bland. We all thought for the price it wasn't worth it. We will not be returning and have told a few people how disappointed we were. Our waitress was decent enough but she couldn't make up for the food. Sorry to be so harsh.
- lobster specialRockyDined on 10/14/2014lobsterfest is a good deal, special price brought us to Real Seafood instead of one of our usual Tuesday specials elsewhere.Special Features:
- CariL47Dined on 10/12/2014As always very pleased with our dinning experience. Our waiter was excellant. Our dinners were delicious, the lobster bisque was the best I have ever tasted. Would highly recommend Real Seafood.Special Features:
- YummyTrixie62Dined on 10/11/2014Lobster fest was wonderful! Great food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as the ocean in the Midwest22droverkeepDined on 10/10/2014The food was fit for either coast. .Service was suberb. Menu very diverse for a seafood restaurant anywhere. Raw bar offerings well presented. Lobster cracked and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- putinbayDined on 10/9/2014Too high priced, unless celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- crownsonthetownDined on 10/9/2014We arrived at the reservation time of 5:30pm to a pretty empty restaurant and no hostess or anyone willing to come and let us know if we were suppose to seat ourselves. Hostess showed up from outside a few minutes later, told her we had a reservation she said this time of year there was no need. Sat us at seating by fireplace which was really nice. Waiter was great and attentive. We order Calamari for an appetizer and it was great, had the Crab Cakes and the Ahi Tuna for main entree. Crab cakes and hash browns very good but not the best, Ahi Tuna lacking some flavor. We waited excessively for our entrees, it was lobsterfest that night and I guess if you didn't order the special you had a long wait. Would still visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topcop151Topcop151Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service. Looking forward to returning later this month for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014We ordered the Shrimp Scampi and it was warm..very disappointing. The side order of hash browns were on the same plate and should have been in a separate dish as it was sitting in the garlic sauce.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEMoyerDined on 10/4/2014My husband took me here for my birthday and what a great time we had. Our waiter, Andrew, was very informative, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The dinner was amazing, compliments to the chef! I must say, we have had fresh seafood at a lot of restaurants, including right on the ocean front, but this South African Cold Water Lobster was cooked to perfection. Our whole dinner experience was wonderful. We had been here for lunch so we thought it would be nice for dinner. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real SeafoodLoveDiningOutDined on 10/4/2014I went there for a friend's birthday. They slash the bill in half for 1-2 people dining if you go on your birthday. We had a wonderful server, Steve. He allowed us to move from a table where the sun was in our eyes to a booth. He was very attentive and we didn't want for anything. My guest had a sirloin which was delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the chef's special - encrusted brown sugar salmon. It was wonderful. I brought my own cake and there were no complaints. My guest was allowed to pick a free birthday dessert to take home. We had a really nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealJJJJDined on 10/1/2014We hadn't ben to the Real Seafood in years, went to celebrate our anniversary. First thing I noticed was the worn tabletop, I don't think they have been refinished in the twenty plus years the restaurant has been here, could have used a nice tablecloth. But our meal was excellent, if not a little rushed between salad and entries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday celebration40thbirthdaycelebrationDined on 9/30/2014We come to Real Seafood for our birthday celebrations. We always have a great experience, but we felt that this time our meals were exceptional - one of the best meals we have enjoyed in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb ServiceNOTHAPPY53Dined on 9/29/2014The server was an amazing employee. Very nice and well versed in the menu Great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DinnerPerchLoverDined on 9/28/2014We were out with friends to celebrate a birthday. We were greeted immediately and taken to our table by a very nice host. The waitress was great and took good care of us. she told us about all the specials and made sure that we were well taken care of while we were there for dinner. The food was great as it usually is. I am very pleased with the visit. Will be returning again.Special Features:
- Great Freash SeafooddwozDined on 9/24/2014I enjoyed eatting at the Real Seafood Restaurant in Toledo last week, the food, the company and the service were superb. Be sure to ask for the specials and the catch of the day while visiting. The Calamari, the hot rolls and the salad's all rock. My Stuffed Flounder dinner was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Disappointing.DisappointingDined on 9/23/2014We had a great lunch 10 days earlier which prompted the dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Service was horribly slow while the restaurant was not very busy. Waitress did what she could to accommodate. Food was not very palatable. My wife did thoroughly enjoy the Crab cake. Beef was overcooked and under seasoned. The birthday discount was generous and appreciated, but even that did not compensate for the deficiencies. Previous reviews led us to believe that the manager would not "make things right".Special Features:
- BrutisDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Husband had crab said it was best he ever ateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cosy atmosphereSarahDined on 9/15/2014The foods are always good. Always enjoy by the fireplace. There birthday (must be on the day) deals are great. I am there for the raw bar. I hope they include cherrystone clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, little bit of a wait.Benji1217Dined on 9/13/2014I had made reservations at about 11:45 am for 7:30 pm that same night. We arrived 5 min early and ended up having to wait until around 7:50 to be seated. It was pretty busy for a Saturday night however that is why you make reservations. We still ended up getting to the next part of our night on time and the food and service was great as usuall.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 9/10/2014Great place to have a business meeting. Great food, great atmosphere, quiet so you can talk without shouting. Service was quick and professional.Special Features:
- Great timeClbsmith24Dined on 9/8/2014I went there with my girlfriend for my birthday and had a great experience. We are outside near the river for lunch. We received fifty percent off because it was my birthday. The lunches were reasonably priced for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDavidVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every time my wife and I are in Toledo we try to stop here. We both grew up on the east coast so we always like going to a good seafood restaurant, when we can. Real Seafood has an excellent array of choices for lunch. I had the Lobster Roll that was chock full of lobster pieces in a nice chunky & creamy sauce. My wife had the Seafood Alfredo. Both were excellent. I had Fries on the side with mine. They were crispy, which was nice as so many restaurants do not prepare them that way anymore. If its a nice day, sit outside and enjoy the waterfront.Special Features:
- Excellent at every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I actually had dinner here on a Friday evening and ate inside. It was fantastic. Went into the bar and had after diner drinks with live entertainment. ( Piano player and vocalist ) Saturday at lunchtime we were thinking of other places to go but decided to go back and eat outside off the lunch menu. Again a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- First time hit!DarvinDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had a great meal and a reasonable price. The service was fantastic and we look forward to returning in October.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicesimplegirlDined on 9/2/2014We have never been disappointed in the food or service at Real Seafood, Toledo, OH. The servers are knowledgeable in the food selections and are honest about the taste of the food, if a particular dish is spicy or how it is made. If you want to find a great restrauant with excellent food, great ambiance and exceptional service then this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionOutToEatDined on 9/1/2014First time at Real Seafood. Waiter was fantastic, couldn't have been better. Food was cooked to perfection. We were there during the day & I could tell I'd really enjoy an evening there when all the lights are on; I'll be back. Fantastic offer they have there.... 50% off your dinners when you go on your birthday! :-) OH AND.... dessert of your choice, their treat!! Wonderful experience from start to finish, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerRooBearDined on 8/30/2014This was the perfect location for my fiancé and I (along with our families) to celebrate our recent engagement. The waitress asked us if we were celebrating anything special, which was a nice touch. I recommend The Real Seafood Company to anyone celebrating a special event. The food was delicious. I had the seared Ahi tuna with hash browns and would order it again in a heartbeat. My fiancé and I will most certainly return. This is a hidden gem in Toledo!Special Features:
- Great Birthday restaurantOHgrandmaDined on 8/30/2014Even though we went for a late lunch the server offered us the dinner menu to get the best value for our birthday discount. She also recommended an excellent appetizer. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Outstanding!tmilleradmiDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful place to have a relaxing well prepared unique meal served in beautiful surroundings, especially outdoors along the Maumee River! Great service, too. My wife and I drove down from Chelsea MI and will certainly make this trip over and over again!Special Features:
- One of Toledo's bestLudwikaVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is an Ann Arbor restaurant that opened up near the river in downtown Toledo. Had been to the one in Ann Arbor several times. This one is a pretty huge restaurant...food was excellent...even better than the one in Ann Arbor! Well prepared and served piping hot. Good wine list. Good desserts and service was excellent...server was very knowledgeable about food rep and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!DisappointedinohioDined on 8/24/2014The quality is not the same as it was years ago. Fish and chips were very greasy! Chicken Alfredo was terribly salty! Crab cake was extremely small! Cranberry Chicken salad was ordered and then after a long wait...found out they didn't have cranberries! We won't go back.
- ExcellentLAYam310Dined on 8/23/2014First time at Real Seafood and will absolutely be back. As my husband and I recently moved to the area, we've been on a mission to find the best restaurants and after trying out Mancy's Bluewater Grille the weekend prior, I have to say that Real Seafood truly takes the cake. Everything was much better and for pretty much the same price. The food was far more delicious. We started with the calamari which was fresh and flavorful. I had the crab legs and my husband had the stuffed flounder - both were outstanding. I finished off the night with a nice slice of the key lime pie. The outside seating was perfect - beautiful view of the river and Toledo Skyline. The service and atmosphere were great. I have no complaints! We will be returning.Special Features: