Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
341 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.realseafoodcorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7347697738
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Friday: 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
The locals favorite place for seafood! Always a fresh harvest of the finest from the sea. Real Seafood Company is Quite Simply Seafood as it Should Be! Enjoy the best of fresh seafood from Boston, Florida & the Great Lakes. Featuring a fresh raw bar & spectacular Atrium seating rain or shine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)fit for foodies (99)great for outdoor dining (96)neighborhood gem (68)good for groups (67)romantic (61)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (35)kid-friendly (29)hot spot (28)great for brunch (16)late-night find (15)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Great place to eatHerschDined on 8/30/2014Good food and service. Just an overall fun time, except the requirement of 50 characters for reviewSpecial Features:
- Great food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Once again, the Real Seafood Co. did a great job with our dinners and service!! The food was excellent and the waiter was friendly and good at his job. We made reservations at 4pm, considering the fact that the Michigan football game ended at 3pm. While there was plenty of activity in the restaurant when we got there, there were tables still available. It's a great place to grab a nice seafood dinner and take in the downtown Ann Arbor atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Nice evening- great service. Food certainly above average- and near the top in my opinion.Special Features:
- Ann Arbor FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We have dined here for our anniversary for the last three years. In each case, the food has been excellent and the staff has been attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful. Our table was on the "patio" which was inside an area separated from the outdoor sidewalk dining area by garage doors that were opened with adjustable shades to prevent glare from the setting sun. It was a very suitable location and gave us a nice view of the passersby without having them intrude on the privacy of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Fab B'day DinnerA2DinerDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Real Seafood. Easy access to parking. Primo table waiting for our celebration. Waitstaff was attentive. Food was to die for. Even our 'non-seafood' diner had good choices. We will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I liked the service it was very good. Amanda was polite, informed and pleasant. The food on the other hand was very mediocre. It was my wife's birthday and we were disappointed. Good atmosphere, great service, food was average at best.
- always a special dinnerSteveBeyerDined on 8/23/2014we have come here over the years for a special dinner. We have never been disppointedSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As always the food was amazing, a true jem for REAL FRESH seafood! The service was wonderful! Lastly, overall experince was a great way to spend my birthday!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As always the food and service was great. I always recommend people to come here for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirthdayCarrieDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations via Open Table, when we arrived we were immediately seated, our waiter Austin explained the tablet menu, very cool! We were waiting for 2 of our party to arrive, my family explained that we were celebrating my birthday, he was quick to wish me a happy birthday and offer suggestions for appetizer and desert. It was a wonderful experience and we will most definitely be returning. I have already recommended Real Seafood to a co-worker for their Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SeatingCtLb16Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I dine at the Real Seafood several times a year, especially on special occasions. I made a reservation several days in advance, but was totally disappointed that we were seated in the bar area. The purpose for making the reservation was to ensure we would be seated in the main dining area. We didn't object but the Host should have at least asked if the bar area was okay. However, in spite of the area the food was excellent......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RSC reviewTc2reviewDined on 8/16/2014For decades Real Seafood has been a great restaurant. I'd like to believe it still is. However, my recent experience was lousy and the time before that was marginal. This past visit, Saturday, we made our reservation on OpenTable but when we got there we were sat in the bar and told it was all that was available. The bar tables are high tops and too small (we didn't have space for plates and drinks). The bar is also loud, has tv distractions and you must sit virtually shoulder to shoulder with adjacent tables. Service was slow - we waited for everything and we're never offered additional bread. The food was average (had the Cod special) and when we attempted to order Rasp. Sorbet from the menu were told it was no longer served.
- 8/16/14 experienceBillDined on 8/16/2014We live in Ann Arbor and had my sister and husband visiting from Bay City and we wanted to give them a preview of what they could look forward to when Real Seafood comes to Bay City. We were having a very nice evening downtown, no rush, just enjoying being together and having a great dinner. We were seated promptly, ordered a drink, then ordered dinner. One of the entrees was running late so 3 of 4 meals were served. The manager did not charge us for the late, 4th entree. She then gave us a complimentary round of drinks as well. The level of customer service totally exceeded our expectations. We were not upset in the least that the food was taking a long time. They will be great proponents of the Real Seafood when it opens in BC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday NightfoodjunkieDined on 8/12/2014I thought a Tuesday night in Ann Arbor would be a quiet night but Ann Arbor was hopping. The Real Seafood Company was packed. The food was good and the wait staff did a good job considering how busy they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude WaitressellessDined on 8/12/2014We had a waitress that seemed determined to make sure we never come back. She made some rude remarks right away, that we ignored. During the meal, the temperature dropped to the 60's and kids started shivering. When our waitress came by, I asked her about the heater - she just smiled and said, "humph, we NEVER turn on the heater in August" and left. We didn't see her for another 20 minutes. She never even tried to help us - reseat us inside or anything - even though the place was 1/2 full. I finally had to find another waitress to find our waitress to bring our bill since my kids just wanted to go home. She brought us the bill and I noticed that she over-charged us. I had to find another waitress, again, to get our waitress to fix it
- crustationloverDined on 8/9/2014Celebrating my birthday with family and it was a great evening: good food and exceptional serviceSpecial Features:
- Lively atmosphere with decent foodDaisy2003Dined on 8/9/2014We had an open table reservation and got seated for dinner in the bar (despite open tables in the dining room). Maybe that's what Open Table gets you? Menus were on iPads - hard for those who are old school and don't have readers (and no, you couldn't make the screen bigger). The place was very busy and does a good and brisk business. Great place to be out and about and part of the AA downtown dinner scene. Food was good, but not stellar. Go for the ambience and some decent food.Special Features:
- Husband's BirthdayBirthdaydinner8814Dined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed our meal, and love the birthday deal. We invited friends. The food was exceptional as usual. Our waiter James was great and had a warm and entertaining personality. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Lovely!LisaDined on 8/4/2014The bread was better than ever! Although there's never enough butter with it staff is always happy to bring more. Fresh, tasty promptly cooked.generous portions. Delightful deserts. Excellent wines. Knowledgeable wait staff. What's not to love? I detest the electronic men, but it won't stop me rom eating there when I'm looking for a special meal. Love delegating birthdays here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for my daughter BDAYMasatoDined on 8/3/2014Nice fresh sea food, good atmosphere, free desert for my daughter BDAY. Our family was satified the dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysPJandGDined on 8/1/2014I love coming to this restaurant. I live about 35 miles north of Ann Arbor but when I want seafood, this is where I go. It's always fresh and prepared just right. They don't go overboard with the "gourmet". They keep it simple and healthy. I love that you can have a gluten free option on most items. The selection of wine is outstanding, the ambience and décor bright during the day and soft and romantic in the evening. The service is excellent and the staff, courteous and friendly. Yea, I know most people might think it's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. And then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchHungrycoachDined on 8/1/2014Our party of three lunched at Real Seafood Company and busy downtown Ann Arbor. The food was terrific! I had broiled Maine's scallops with Redskin potatoes. The scallops were tender and delicious. The potatoes were done just to perfection. One in our party is vegetarian, and the restaurant altered a recipe slightly to accommodate her preference. The table were given was perfect for the size of our party, and was somewhat sheltered from busy traffic. We had a truly enjoyable experience. The service was good; our server was friendly and open with answers to our questions. I especially liked the openness to the outdoors. It was a beautiful day outside, and the front of the restaurant was opened up so we could enjoy the fresh air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No good seafood in MichiganLuvseafoodDined on 7/26/2014Was told that Ann Arbor Seafood is worth the drive and has the best around...our visit lived up to either. Food was ok, raw bar seemed not fresh, martinis were served in small glasses, and menu was on a tablet (not quite ready for that at dinner). I'll say that the waiter tried to accommodate, but was not the best at conversation. For our special night we would have much rather chosen a quiter location. Others may enjoy, we just won't be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I began a proposal here earlier this week and the staff (our waiter specifically) went ALL OUT to make sure everything worked out perfectly. Service was absolutely incredible! and the Yellowfin was delicious. Shanghai-style and very rare, would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Ann Arbors best seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014The best seafood in the state. We love all the Mainstreet Venture restaurants in Ann ArborSpecial Features:
- Consistent food and grey serviceMarygraceDined on 7/15/2014You can always count on classic items on the menu, great fish specials and creative inspired dishes from the chef. Service was great.Special Features:
- DisappontedPinkyDined on 7/14/2014Ordered Paella Valenciana and Lobster Bolognese which were both very salty. Lobster Bolognese was a huge disappointment. For $22.95, I was expecting a few good bites of lobster meat but there were just three quarter-sized meat apparently just from a claw, with the pointy ends. AND there were 3 baby shrimps mixed in there. I felt cheated since the description of the dish did not mention there would be mini shrimps imitating lobster meat. It's time for the restaurant to upgrade the ambience and utensils. I feel like I'm eating at a cafeteria. Have to give credit to the birthday policy of discounted food with free dessert. The Cream Brûlée was very good.
- Best Seafood resturant in Michigan!AAseafoodchoiceDined on 7/13/2014The best Seafood in Michigan, great service and our out of town visitors love going there. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great menu selectionTylerDined on 7/12/2014Large menu with excellent food. Able to cater to special dietary constraints. Service was fast despite the restaurant being very busy. It did not take long to be seated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent seafood - the oysters are fantastic as were the mussels. Service was prompt and the atmosphere is very lively. Location on Main street is perfect for a stroll either before or after dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant when visiting Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- poor sevice and food size was smallstayhomeDined on 7/12/2014Asked for a romantic and peaceful table on web reservation. Ended up with a street side table and raining. My wife ordered the salmon, 8 oz covered about about 1/4 of the plate. Nice place but think it surviving on it location.
- Excellent Aniversary dinner.Steve58Dined on 7/12/2014been eating here for 30 years and it just seems to keep getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was pretty good but not outstanding. Still it's a good restaurant especially for fish!Special Features:
- CrabcakesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The crab cakes are as close to Maryland cakes cakes that I have found in the midwest. And since I am from Annapolis, MD I am pretty discriminatory when it comes to crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gem.JamesDined on 7/10/2014Always great food and great service - one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- A2townieDined on 7/9/2014The Food and service have gone downhill! I have been going to this place for well over 20 years. I do not think i will continue to go with some many new places in town.Special Features:
- delishannarborfoodieDined on 7/7/2014always great food and drinks! I love the bread! The ambiance is great for birthday dinners or date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!Decible0Dined on 7/5/2014I'd like to make a special mention of the outstanding service, which added a special touch to the excellent food. We were a company of four, and our server was Doug M. He really made the evening very special for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic with Good Food!pmccloryDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I went here on a Saturday for our Anniversary. We had been here about 2+ years ago. From what we can remember it was even better than before! Doug our server was great and very knowledgeable about the menu. Also the ambiance was great for a romantic night! Definitely would suggest as a highlight of Ann Arbor dining!Special Features:
- Seems to be slipping a bitBR01Dined on 7/4/2014Have eaten at Real Seafood many times in the past few years. The ambiance is getting a bit dated and in need of a refresh. In addition, while three of four meals were very good, the forth meal was good a best - the crab cakes were very disappointing. The waitress more than made up for the bad meal though by offering free deserts. She was actually quite good. At the price we paid for four meals though, you would expect above average on all meals. Given some of the newly established restaurants in Ann Arbor, we may think twice before we return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.