Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
341 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.realseafoodcorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7347697738
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Friday: 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
The locals favorite place for seafood! Always a fresh harvest of the finest from the sea. Real Seafood Company is Quite Simply Seafood as it Should Be! Enjoy the best of fresh seafood from Boston, Florida & the Great Lakes. Featuring a fresh raw bar & spectacular Atrium seating rain or shine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)fit for foodies (113)great for outdoor dining (96)good for groups (84)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (70)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (41)kid-friendly (36)hot spot (33)scenic view (14)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Ann Arbor destinationJamesDined on 10/17/2014We have been to the restaurant countless - it is always excellent.A wonderful place to go for a romantic dinner or a business lunch.Special Features:
- SamanthavonDined on 10/16/2014The martinis were small and way over priced...$9.95 during happy hour on a Thursday at 5:30pm... The server was so slow and dull. The rolls were hard and cold. The lobster bisque was luke warm. This restaurant is nothing special...but we have been going out of habit for 30 years! The meal was very expensive and very ordinary. Next time I'll go to Knights where the drinks are good and the food is generous and deliscious and the service is prompt! Maybe the manager of Real Seafood should stop in at Knights to learn how things should be done!
- Great foodGoGreenGoWhiteDined on 10/14/2014Been here several times and the food and service is always good. Their mango salsa is awesome and you can't go wrong with anything that is served with their ginger soy sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Had a fabulous dinner and fantastic service from Makela!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Real Seafood CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/12/2014I thought the food was very good. The customer service was good. I brought my immediate family as well as my parents and sibling. Everyone truly enjoyed themselves and will be back again.Special Features:
- Garys ReviewRideDined on 10/11/2014My wife and i started dining at Real seafood 30 years ago We didnt have a lot of money then because of the birthday special we were able to dine and celebrate at your restaurant still like th eidnign experience and continue to enjoy !!Special Features:
- Turn5Dined on 10/10/2014For the Midwest, this is great seafood. Not the Jersey shore seafood, but still the best around. Noisy, but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delayed seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/10/2014We arrived on time for our 6:45 reservation. We were told, "It'll be just a moment". We were seated at 7:10 without an apology for the wait. The food was satisfactory but not special. Our server was excellent.
- Never DisappointsJackiVIPDined on 10/9/2014From Los Angeles, but every time I visit Ann Arbor I have to have seafood at the Real Seafood Co. Wine, salads, soups, and definitely the whitefish, Crab, and Linguini. I'm already missing this 30+ year old gem.Special Features:
- Table seatingmarilynDined on 10/9/2014Even though we had reservations, the maitre d' tried to seat us at 2 undesirable tables. It was early and there were lots of empty tables that were available, but he tried to put us at the worst ones. My husband and I were well-dressed and we don't look unruly. We go to this restaurant about once a month and same thing usually happens- undesirable tables. I guess I'm tired of it. And I always request a different table, much to their annoyance. But the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBillfromDCVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food at Real Seafood is always great. This visit, we thoroughly enjoyed our server James. He was delightful!Special Features:
- Very good experincebargpetDined on 10/3/2014Food was very good, service was very good and the atmosphere was very good. Good value for downtown Ann Arbor too! One of my favorite spots on Main Street.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable ExperienceTheHappyCoupleDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I went to the Real Sea Food for our wedding anniversary. We were treated well and the waiter "Jeremiah" was awesome. Their Paella was a exquisite. We sat in the front patio are and had a thoroughly wonderful time watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellenta2dinerDined on 10/1/2014This has been a favorite dining spot for many years. We have never had a bad experience at Real Seafood, and this occasion was no different. Good food, attentive service, pleasant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salfoodieDined on 9/30/2014Scallops were delicious with great service. My wife is gluten sensitive and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll think again.KayBDined on 9/30/2014Our waiter was not very good. He had attitude as soon as he found out that we were there to celebrate my birthday. He did the absolute minimum, never once came to check on us. Totally ruined my day. I almost lost it.Special Features:
- UMFanDined on 9/27/2014Very nice after the football game dinner. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent; very good blackened Whitefish.Special Features:
- Best dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Shared the chocolate bread pudding and regretted it. I wanted the whole thing myself. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend this place!BlondeStarDined on 9/27/2014Great dining experience - attentive wait staff, fabulous food!Special Features:
- DinnerChiknfryDined on 9/27/2014We had a table outside after a Michigan Wolverine football team loss. The foot traffic did not diminish our experience and was likely more bothersome for the staff as they tried to get from the building to our table. The food was fresh and cooked to perfection. And the bread is known around town as THE BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Seafood ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The food was very good but a little pricey. The men's room was in need of attention!Special Features:
- Impeccable seafoodKBA49Dined on 9/27/2014Fresh and properly prepared ocean seafood in the midwest; Real Seafood scores and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitdiningoutDined on 9/26/2014We waited at least 30 minutes beyond our 8:15 pm reservation time. Frustrating. But it was a football weekend in Ann Arbor! They were apologetic and bought us a round of drinks! So all was forgiven. Great meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwindyDined on 9/26/2014We had requested a table in the front and found ourselves in the very rear of the restaurant in a section with poor acoustics and mostly families. It was loud, cramped and hard to hear. The good food did not make up for the poor ambiance. Many places I would dine in Ann Arbor before going back.
- SuperbBlu1961Dined on 9/24/2014The night was superb; blue cheese scallops, whole lobster and cioppino were outstanding! Service matched the food- top of the line. Recommend this restaurant to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeannDined on 9/22/2014Christopher was an awesome server!! He was very attentive, which is nice when trying a restaurant for the first time especially on your birthday. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined my BirthdayFoodie21Dined on 9/21/2014I have always viewed Real Seafood as one of Ann Arbor's best, have been there many times. In trying to decide where to go for my bday, I chose Real Seafood over the Chop House. My choice was truly a disaster. What they recommended was horrible and the server had to be told to fix it. I ordered the Paella and instead of Lobster they put in Crab legs with the excuse that they were running low on Lobster--this was insane. The manager came over to talk to me and he put all the blame on the server, really throwing the server under the bus. The substitute, Sea Bass, was just as bad. Real Seafood completely ruined my birthday dinner. $175 bill down the drain and one of my special days wasted forever. It pains me to write this review.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Had excellent service! Our server was so knowledgeable about the entire menu, wine, etc. It was such a crazy night, yet she greeted us with a friendly smile and came back multiple times to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Wonderful experience as usual! Always enjoy the food especially.Special Features:
- AstronginVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were pleasantly I surprised how fresh the seafood was & how innovative the menu was. We were seated in an enclosed porch area which, while much quieter than the main dining room, was a bit cold. We've been to many restaurants in Ann Arbir and this was one of the best. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Overall a great dinner with enjoyable food. Its got fun energy -but not necessarily ambience. Food was good and wine was reasonably priced. Front entrance was a little chaotic and stressful.
- anniversary dinnergoblueDined on 9/19/2014The swordfish was amazing! Our server did a great job.Special Features:
- A Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, atmosphere, and service. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Portions small, pricey ($366 for 6 people). Service slow, sporadic. Staging of service was absent (6 diners, got apps at 4 different times - significantly apart from one another. Very noisey venue
- BigAlDined on 9/14/2014Excellent seafood. Great birthday spot - good deal. Great service. Always good every time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Diners, Free Birthday Entree!DineastyDined on 9/13/2014We went to the Real Seafood Company for a birthday dinner. It was really nice that the birthday couple's bill was split in half and she got a free dessert. The restaurant had an energetic downtown feel without being noisy. We could all hear each other easily, which is huge given we are all around 50 nowadays! The food was great. Glad they still have escargot since it's fallen out of vogue in most restaurants! If there was any disappointment it was that the monkfish portion, while very tasty, was small. The iPad menus (cool, if a little bulky) showed pics of all the dishes except the monkfish. Had my wife seen it she'd have gotten the lobster bolognese. The chocolate mousse dessert was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday PlacereviewerDined on 9/13/2014Love this place for birthday's. Excellent discount program has us coming back for 20+ years on birthdays. Plus the food is consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann Arbor VisitseanolearyDined on 9/12/2014Took my freshman son for our first "college" family dinner to Real Seafood Company on Friday. Despite arriving a bit early on a busy night, the hostess was very engaging and pleasant. We liked the tablet menus and wondered how long before they allow customers to send their orders to the kitchen directly. Anyway, we ordered oysters, mussels and calamari for appetizers, all of which tasted great. For dinner, the group enjoyed a mix of perch, mahi mahi and crab cakes. The perch was breaded and fried. Despite this, it tasted pretty light. The crab cakes were the big hit as two large cakes were provided with each order and were brimming with large chunks of crab. The adults enjoyed a bottle of Cabernet, expertly offered by the waitress.Special Features:
- datenightdatenightDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and the experience was fantastic. Been going to Real Seafood for many years, but this visit seemed exceptional!!! And it was even a football weekend, which can sometimes be frenetic for restaurants. Our waiter, Zachary, was just the best. He did indeed help to make the evening exceptional.Special Features:
- FantasticNerdcore74Dined on 9/12/2014I had not set foot in here since they fired me 13 years ago... If I had but one complaint, there is a funky smell right as you cross the threshold that existed then, as well... We arrived about 3 minutes before our reservation... One of the guys I used to bus tables/ serve with, "Sean" is now a manager... (Now, I'm feeling very old...) We were sat at a table on the porch/ deck/ garage? My girlfriend had never had the pleasure, whereas I thought of all the times I'd worked that section... We had the tuna tartare to start... Great! (Although, 2 more crackers would not hurt). Manhattan chowder & house salads w/ shallot vinaigrette... Great! Blackened swordfish & MR filet... Amazing! (dropped off by Joe Haney, no less) Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.