Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
341 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.realseafoodcorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (734) 769-7738
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Friday: 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
The locals favorite place for seafood! Always a fresh harvest of the finest from the sea. Real Seafood Company is Quite Simply Seafood as it Should Be! Enjoy the best of fresh seafood from Boston, Florida & the Great Lakes. Featuring a fresh raw bar & spectacular Atrium seating rain or shine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (73)great for outdoor dining (71)neighborhood gem (69)romantic (60)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (33)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (23)scenic view (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Just because dinner datePKHNTSDined on 11/21/2014My husband and I found ourself a sitter, and went out in so much need of a relaxing casual dinner and iat the Sea Food Co, was all we were asking for, plus the out standing services of our server. He was fantastic, food was fantastic. Excellent night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Once again Real Seafood delivered on an evening of celebration for a friends birthday gathering. Our group is large with young and old, spry and physically challenged. Going beyond the basics, Real Seafood always accomadates our picky food requirements by adjusting dishes to our palates --no artichokes, can you just add some spinach to the dish? Five of our seven diners ordered the crab cakes proving our love of the dish and the consistency of the dish. Stewed tomatoes are a simply perfect pairing with the crab. Add the coleslaw or a dinner salad with house vinegrette to round out your meal. If you have room , the desserts hit the sweet spot. The octagarians in our gathering can never finish dinner but both manage to polish off coconut custard pie which would make Betty Crocker proud. The rest of us "I'll just have a bite" eaters manage to polish off creme brûlée , key lime pie, pumpkin cheese cake, and chocolate mousse. Thanks again Barb for making our celebration one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceLizzyBDined on 11/21/2014the service was excellent, food was good, served piping hot.Special Features:
- a cold night out with delicious food!anniversarycoupleDined on 11/18/2014Our server, Mickey, was very attentive to our needs, but not over bearing. My water glass was never less than half full! The fried oysters were absolutely amazing, I wanted more! My husband and I enjoyed a smattering of appetizers and shared a salad and entrée, and we were both quite full at the end. I wish I would've saved room for dessert because I love the key lime pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...AAdinerDined on 11/16/2014The presentation of the food was sloppy. It tasted fine, but it was just slapped on the plate, with no garnish or care. It looked like something you'd get at home, not in a nice restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really wanted to like this placeBhamguyDined on 11/15/2014We started off with a bottle of white wine. We had the Tablas Creek Vineyard 2011 which was a Grenache Blanc. Not a big nose by any means however a pleasant bottle from a limited wine list. Our server was attentive and helpful however he couldn't help the entrees to be detailed later. For appetizers we had tuna tartare and the crab cake. Both tasted pretty good overall. The wine and appetizers seemed to be the best part of our entire meal/experience. For entrees my date and I took our servers advice. My date had the servers favorite dish, the Chilean seabass and I had the house special which was swordfish which came highly recommended from our server as well. Everything seemed microwaved and overcooked. The swordfish was overcooked and very tough. The sauce on top didn’t fit the profile of the overall fish/dish. The seabass wasn’t bad however it wasn’t great either. For dessert we had the dark chocolate bread pudding. It was boring and lacked flavor. Even worse we were seated near a register so traffic was at a high and in addition the floor would move up and down every time someone came by which added to the unpleasant dinner. All of this didn’t result in a very good experience for $150 meal. I felt I could have had a better experience at Applebee’s for less than half the price. I really wanted to like this place however they didn’t deliver.
- JeffzDined on 11/10/2014The whole grill fish was an amazing taste. The food was great. Definitely, we will come back.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood restaurantellieroseDined on 11/8/2014This was a great place to come for a special occasion. Felt like an event without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentAAnativeDined on 11/7/2014As an AA native and former resident I had fond memories of excellent food with great service and ambience. What a disappointment to find robotic service and an inflexible menu with few gluten free options. With so many better local options, I won’t be coming back here.
- Great dining experienceSnowbirdDined on 11/2/2014Our server was Brittanie, she was a trainee, and she did a wonderful job. She made our dining experience for my wife's birthday memorable. She was knowledgeable about the menu, and was able to answer any questions that we had. It was hard to believe that she was a trainee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, pricey drinksCdeb315Dined on 11/1/2014The food was simple - but good. Seafood was fresh and well prepared as was the salad. I had the crab cakes, hubby the broiled sea scallops. Crab cakes had lots of crab meat, hardly any filler - and came with a mustard sauce on the side that was quite tasty. The seasoning in the crab cakes themselves was pretty light, so the sauce was key. I chose red potatoes for a side dish - and that's exactly what I got. Boiled reds - not one spec of seasoning. Hubby's scallops were well prepared, but a bit lacking in seasoning... He had corn on the cob for a side and said it was good. Service was very good - especially considering how busy they were (Saturday after football game). Caution - wine & drinks were hugely expensive!Special Features:
- A surpriseSMSKDined on 11/1/2014We were able to get a reservation after UM victory w/ only 1/2 hr wait. Our food was excellent as usual - wonderful GF options for one of our party. Fabulous vegetable choices - loved the spinach & carrots & we couldn't pass on the desserts - everyone had a different choice! Wait staff energetic - very friendly - prompt service - delightful personality - thanks Josh - a gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014Loved our lobster dinner and our server was outstanding. We always enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- Not satisfiedDinning2Dined on 10/30/2014Had reservations for a booth at 7:30 pm, had to take another table after waiting 50 minutes. We were told the people had paid but were just sitting there. They should of moved them to the bar area with a free drink. We had a waiter in training and the trainer was busy with a 15 top table. The trainer apologized several times but the evening was lost. The food was not up to the standards of previous visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This restaurant is always one of my favorites. Lately, I've been trying different things on the menu, but I need to go back to the crab cakes and the Michigan whitefish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveseafoodDined on 10/28/2014Our meal was fantastic. Our waiter and all the wait staff was wonderful. The seafood is always incredible here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014I have always been a fan of Real Seafood Co.. This last visit did not meet my expectations and I left feeling very disappointed with our meal. It was LobsterFest - and the food was not very good and the prices were high. Dinner for two with one beer/soup $90. =( Which, had it been an amazing dining experience is an amount I'd be willing to spend. As it was, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in downtown Ann ArborAnita85Dined on 10/26/2014We got a wonderful table by the window. My friend and I enjoy the food a lot, great food during Lobster Fest. We also love the Creme Burlee with tea for desert as well.Special Features:
- Early Afternoon MealScallopManDined on 10/26/2014Service was excellent, waiter was helpful on menu selections, very knowledgeable, food was outstanding, fresh and tasty, not too much spice, just enough to enhance the taste yet one could still really enjoy the food's natural seafood flavor, facility was very clean and neat, a wonderful experience. Nice selection on wine and beer as well. Did not have room for desert. Would recommend the blue plate dinner consisting of shrimp, scallops, stuffed flounder, oysters, and fantastic crab cake, also comes with a side dish if you have room left. A great place to take your lady on a dinner date if your going to Ann Arbor, you will drop some cash, but you get what you pay for. Cup of New England clam chowder was also very good as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Service was good ,the food was less than fair. the side choices were limited,and the presentation of the plate, let's just say there wasn't any I would not recommend it to my friends or family
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food + Service not worth the $$, food was not seasoned well. Service was lacking, not very attentive or friendly.
- A good meal with good friendsFredDined on 10/22/2014Food and service were great as usual and we went on a week day, so it was a little quieterSpecial Features:
- Great food and service; bad seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The food and wait staffer were excellent, but, in a lovely restaurant full of quiet booths and tables, we were seated in a low-ceilinged back area crammed in next to a large group. By the time drinks were served the noise level was so high we had to repeat what we were saying to each other for the whole meal. The lighting, too, was strange with an LED hanging lamp catching me in the eyes every time I leaned forward to hear what my spouse had to say. On our way out, I was struck by how airy and quiet and romantic the rest of the restaurant was: there were still available tables. Why were we and so many other people crammed in the annex? I don't think we will return.Special Features:
- Excellent venue & mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014The seafood, atmosphere and service was EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Lobster Fest!GailDined on 10/18/2014I got an email from Real Seafood telling me about their special October Lobster Fest so we scheduled a reservation for the first Saturday night that was a bye week for the Michigan Wolverines. Good dinner as advertised and we had terrific seats overlooking the street so we could people watch during our meal. Our server,Rosaria, was competent in extracting the lobster from its shell for us. Good bread and coleslaw, too.Special Features:
- Pre theaterbsg113Dined on 10/18/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed it. The server was pleasant and attentive and the food was delicious. My only concern is that we had to wait a long time from when we ordered our food until we got it. We arrived at 6pm, ordered by 6:15 and did not get main entre until close to 7. We were almost late for the theater. I guess we will have to tell our server that we were on a bit of a time crunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!pickyguyDined on 10/18/2014food was put on table quickly, witress was so helpful. highly recommanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann Arbor destinationJamesDined on 10/17/2014We have been to the restaurant countless - it is always excellent.A wonderful place to go for a romantic dinner or a business lunch.Special Features:
- SamanthavonDined on 10/16/2014The martinis were small and way over priced...$9.95 during happy hour on a Thursday at 5:30pm... The server was so slow and dull. The rolls were hard and cold. The lobster bisque was luke warm. This restaurant is nothing special...but we have been going out of habit for 30 years! The meal was very expensive and very ordinary. Next time I'll go to Knights where the drinks are good and the food is generous and deliscious and the service is prompt! Maybe the manager of Real Seafood should stop in at Knights to learn how things should be done!
- Great foodGoGreenGoWhiteDined on 10/14/2014Been here several times and the food and service is always good. Their mango salsa is awesome and you can't go wrong with anything that is served with their ginger soy sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Had a fabulous dinner and fantastic service from Makela!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Real Seafood CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/12/2014I thought the food was very good. The customer service was good. I brought my immediate family as well as my parents and sibling. Everyone truly enjoyed themselves and will be back again.Special Features:
- Garys ReviewRideDined on 10/11/2014My wife and i started dining at Real seafood 30 years ago We didnt have a lot of money then because of the birthday special we were able to dine and celebrate at your restaurant still like th eidnign experience and continue to enjoy !!Special Features:
- Turn5Dined on 10/10/2014For the Midwest, this is great seafood. Not the Jersey shore seafood, but still the best around. Noisy, but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delayed seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/10/2014We arrived on time for our 6:45 reservation. We were told, "It'll be just a moment". We were seated at 7:10 without an apology for the wait. The food was satisfactory but not special. Our server was excellent.
- Never DisappointsJackiVIPDined on 10/9/2014From Los Angeles, but every time I visit Ann Arbor I have to have seafood at the Real Seafood Co. Wine, salads, soups, and definitely the whitefish, Crab, and Linguini. I'm already missing this 30+ year old gem.Special Features:
- Table seatingmarilynDined on 10/9/2014Even though we had reservations, the maitre d' tried to seat us at 2 undesirable tables. It was early and there were lots of empty tables that were available, but he tried to put us at the worst ones. My husband and I were well-dressed and we don't look unruly. We go to this restaurant about once a month and same thing usually happens- undesirable tables. I guess I'm tired of it. And I always request a different table, much to their annoyance. But the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBillfromDCVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food at Real Seafood is always great. This visit, we thoroughly enjoyed our server James. He was delightful!Special Features:
- Very good experincebargpetDined on 10/3/2014Food was very good, service was very good and the atmosphere was very good. Good value for downtown Ann Arbor too! One of my favorite spots on Main Street.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable ExperienceTheHappyCoupleDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I went to the Real Sea Food for our wedding anniversary. We were treated well and the waiter "Jeremiah" was awesome. Their Paella was a exquisite. We sat in the front patio are and had a thoroughly wonderful time watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.