Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
341 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.realseafoodcorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7347697738
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Mon - Friday: 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
The locals favorite place for seafood! Always a fresh harvest of the finest from the sea. Real Seafood Company is Quite Simply Seafood as it Should Be! Enjoy the best of fresh seafood from Boston, Florida & the Great Lakes. Featuring a fresh raw bar & spectacular Atrium seating rain or shine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)fit for foodies (106)great for outdoor dining (101)neighborhood gem (78)good for groups (74)romantic (63)great for lunch (51)notable wine list (38)kid-friendly (32)hot spot (30)great for brunch (15)late-night find (15)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014We were pleasantly I surprised how fresh the seafood was & how innovative the menu was. We were seated in an enclosed porch area which, while much quieter than the main dining room, was a bit cold. We've been to many restaurants in Ann Arbir and this was one of the best. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The swordfish was amazing! Our server did a great job.Special Features:
- A Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, atmosphere, and service. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Portions small, pricey ($366 for 6 people). Service slow, sporadic. Staging of service was absent (6 diners, got apps at 4 different times - significantly apart from one another. Very noisey venue
- BigAlDined on 9/14/2014Excellent seafood. Great birthday spot - good deal. Great service. Always good every time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Diners, Free Birthday Entree!DineastyDined on 9/13/2014We went to the Real Seafood Company for a birthday dinner. It was really nice that the birthday couple's bill was split in half and she got a free dessert. The restaurant had an energetic downtown feel without being noisy. We could all hear each other easily, which is huge given we are all around 50 nowadays! The food was great. Glad they still have escargot since it's fallen out of vogue in most restaurants! If there was any disappointment it was that the monkfish portion, while very tasty, was small. The iPad menus (cool, if a little bulky) showed pics of all the dishes except the monkfish. Had my wife seen it she'd have gotten the lobster bolognese. The chocolate mousse dessert was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday PlacereviewerDined on 9/13/2014Love this place for birthday's. Excellent discount program has us coming back for 20+ years on birthdays. Plus the food is consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann Arbor VisitseanolearyDined on 9/12/2014Took my freshman son for our first "college" family dinner to Real Seafood Company on Friday. Despite arriving a bit early on a busy night, the hostess was very engaging and pleasant. We liked the tablet menus and wondered how long before they allow customers to send their orders to the kitchen directly. Anyway, we ordered oysters, mussels and calamari for appetizers, all of which tasted great. For dinner, the group enjoyed a mix of perch, mahi mahi and crab cakes. The perch was breaded and fried. Despite this, it tasted pretty light. The crab cakes were the big hit as two large cakes were provided with each order and were brimming with large chunks of crab. The adults enjoyed a bottle of Cabernet, expertly offered by the waitress.Special Features:
- datenightdatenightDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and the experience was fantastic. Been going to Real Seafood for many years, but this visit seemed exceptional!!! And it was even a football weekend, which can sometimes be frenetic for restaurants. Our waiter, Zachary, was just the best. He did indeed help to make the evening exceptional.Special Features:
- FantasticNerdcore74Dined on 9/12/2014I had not set foot in here since they fired me 13 years ago... If I had but one complaint, there is a funky smell right as you cross the threshold that existed then, as well... We arrived about 3 minutes before our reservation... One of the guys I used to bus tables/ serve with, "Sean" is now a manager... (Now, I'm feeling very old...) We were sat at a table on the porch/ deck/ garage? My girlfriend had never had the pleasure, whereas I thought of all the times I'd worked that section... We had the tuna tartare to start... Great! (Although, 2 more crackers would not hurt). Manhattan chowder & house salads w/ shallot vinaigrette... Great! Blackened swordfish & MR filet... Amazing! (dropped off by Joe Haney, no less) Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Seafood CompanyGemstoneGDined on 9/6/2014We had been there before and really enjoyed the experience. We were there for my wife's birthday. Food was promptly served, and very delicious and hot. The bread that came to the table was not as I remembered, as it was a bit hard, but still tasty. The staff were more interested in making brief social visits with each other rather than the customers. We were welcomed and given seats in the main line of serving traffic, an annoyance with passing staff kicked my chair often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomofboysDined on 9/5/2014The Real seafood Company is my favorite Ann Arbor restaurant . The food is consistently good and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timesammerDined on 9/5/2014We went for a birthday. The calamari and clams were good start. We all had catch of the day fish. Fresh prepared as requested. Our server was knowledgeable and fun. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a fun placeJimLevVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server was fun and did a good job... Food was great... Tuna tar tare was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatHerschDined on 8/30/2014Good food and service. Just an overall fun time, except the requirement of 50 characters for reviewSpecial Features:
- Great food and service!!goinyard99Dined on 8/30/2014Once again, the Real Seafood Co. did a great job with our dinners and service!! The food was excellent and the waiter was friendly and good at his job. We made reservations at 4pm, considering the fact that the Michigan football game ended at 3pm. While there was plenty of activity in the restaurant when we got there, there were tables still available. It's a great place to grab a nice seafood dinner and take in the downtown Ann Arbor atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotBrianDined on 8/29/2014Nice evening- great service. Food certainly above average- and near the top in my opinion.Special Features:
- Ann Arbor FavoriteAnniversaryFavDined on 8/29/2014We have dined here for our anniversary for the last three years. In each case, the food has been excellent and the staff has been attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful. Our table was on the "patio" which was inside an area separated from the outdoor sidewalk dining area by garage doors that were opened with adjustable shades to prevent glare from the setting sun. It was a very suitable location and gave us a nice view of the passersby without having them intrude on the privacy of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Fab B'day DinnerA2DinerDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Real Seafood. Easy access to parking. Primo table waiting for our celebration. Waitstaff was attentive. Food was to die for. Even our 'non-seafood' diner had good choices. We will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I liked the service it was very good. Amanda was polite, informed and pleasant. The food on the other hand was very mediocre. It was my wife's birthday and we were disappointed. Good atmosphere, great service, food was average at best.
- always a special dinnerSteveBeyerDined on 8/23/2014we have come here over the years for a special dinner. We have never been disppointedSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As always the food was amazing, a true jem for REAL FRESH seafood! The service was wonderful! Lastly, overall experince was a great way to spend my birthday!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As always the food and service was great. I always recommend people to come here for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirthdayCarrieDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations via Open Table, when we arrived we were immediately seated, our waiter Austin explained the tablet menu, very cool! We were waiting for 2 of our party to arrive, my family explained that we were celebrating my birthday, he was quick to wish me a happy birthday and offer suggestions for appetizer and desert. It was a wonderful experience and we will most definitely be returning. I have already recommended Real Seafood to a co-worker for their Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SeatingCtLb16Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I dine at the Real Seafood several times a year, especially on special occasions. I made a reservation several days in advance, but was totally disappointed that we were seated in the bar area. The purpose for making the reservation was to ensure we would be seated in the main dining area. We didn't object but the Host should have at least asked if the bar area was okay. However, in spite of the area the food was excellent......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RSC reviewTc2reviewDined on 8/16/2014For decades Real Seafood has been a great restaurant. I'd like to believe it still is. However, my recent experience was lousy and the time before that was marginal. This past visit, Saturday, we made our reservation on OpenTable but when we got there we were sat in the bar and told it was all that was available. The bar tables are high tops and too small (we didn't have space for plates and drinks). The bar is also loud, has tv distractions and you must sit virtually shoulder to shoulder with adjacent tables. Service was slow - we waited for everything and we're never offered additional bread. The food was average (had the Cod special) and when we attempted to order Rasp. Sorbet from the menu were told it was no longer served.
- 8/16/14 experienceBillDined on 8/16/2014We live in Ann Arbor and had my sister and husband visiting from Bay City and we wanted to give them a preview of what they could look forward to when Real Seafood comes to Bay City. We were having a very nice evening downtown, no rush, just enjoying being together and having a great dinner. We were seated promptly, ordered a drink, then ordered dinner. One of the entrees was running late so 3 of 4 meals were served. The manager did not charge us for the late, 4th entree. She then gave us a complimentary round of drinks as well. The level of customer service totally exceeded our expectations. We were not upset in the least that the food was taking a long time. They will be great proponents of the Real Seafood when it opens in BC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday NightfoodjunkieDined on 8/12/2014I thought a Tuesday night in Ann Arbor would be a quiet night but Ann Arbor was hopping. The Real Seafood Company was packed. The food was good and the wait staff did a good job considering how busy they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude WaitressellessDined on 8/12/2014We had a waitress that seemed determined to make sure we never come back. She made some rude remarks right away, that we ignored. During the meal, the temperature dropped to the 60's and kids started shivering. When our waitress came by, I asked her about the heater - she just smiled and said, "humph, we NEVER turn on the heater in August" and left. We didn't see her for another 20 minutes. She never even tried to help us - reseat us inside or anything - even though the place was 1/2 full. I finally had to find another waitress to find our waitress to bring our bill since my kids just wanted to go home. She brought us the bill and I noticed that she over-charged us. I had to find another waitress, again, to get our waitress to fix it
- crustationloverDined on 8/9/2014Celebrating my birthday with family and it was a great evening: good food and exceptional serviceSpecial Features:
- Lively atmosphere with decent foodDaisy2003Dined on 8/9/2014We had an open table reservation and got seated for dinner in the bar (despite open tables in the dining room). Maybe that's what Open Table gets you? Menus were on iPads - hard for those who are old school and don't have readers (and no, you couldn't make the screen bigger). The place was very busy and does a good and brisk business. Great place to be out and about and part of the AA downtown dinner scene. Food was good, but not stellar. Go for the ambience and some decent food.Special Features:
- Husband's BirthdayBirthdaydinner8814Dined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed our meal, and love the birthday deal. We invited friends. The food was exceptional as usual. Our waiter James was great and had a warm and entertaining personality. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Good for my daughter BDAYMasatoDined on 8/3/2014Nice fresh sea food, good atmosphere, free desert for my daughter BDAY. Our family was satified the dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysPJandGDined on 8/1/2014I love coming to this restaurant. I live about 35 miles north of Ann Arbor but when I want seafood, this is where I go. It's always fresh and prepared just right. They don't go overboard with the "gourmet". They keep it simple and healthy. I love that you can have a gluten free option on most items. The selection of wine is outstanding, the ambience and décor bright during the day and soft and romantic in the evening. The service is excellent and the staff, courteous and friendly. Yea, I know most people might think it's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. And then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchHungrycoachDined on 8/1/2014Our party of three lunched at Real Seafood Company and busy downtown Ann Arbor. The food was terrific! I had broiled Maine's scallops with Redskin potatoes. The scallops were tender and delicious. The potatoes were done just to perfection. One in our party is vegetarian, and the restaurant altered a recipe slightly to accommodate her preference. The table were given was perfect for the size of our party, and was somewhat sheltered from busy traffic. We had a truly enjoyable experience. The service was good; our server was friendly and open with answers to our questions. I especially liked the openness to the outdoors. It was a beautiful day outside, and the front of the restaurant was opened up so we could enjoy the fresh air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No good seafood in MichiganLuvseafoodDined on 7/26/2014Was told that Ann Arbor Seafood is worth the drive and has the best around...our visit lived up to either. Food was ok, raw bar seemed not fresh, martinis were served in small glasses, and menu was on a tablet (not quite ready for that at dinner). I'll say that the waiter tried to accommodate, but was not the best at conversation. For our special night we would have much rather chosen a quiter location. Others may enjoy, we just won't be backSpecial Features:
- Great seafood platterSundevilDined on 7/25/2014Sat at the bar and enjoyed a lovely seafood platter and bottle of wine. I would def go back if in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I began a proposal here earlier this week and the staff (our waiter specifically) went ALL OUT to make sure everything worked out perfectly. Service was absolutely incredible! and the Yellowfin was delicious. Shanghai-style and very rare, would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Ann Arbors best seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014The best seafood in the state. We love all the Mainstreet Venture restaurants in Ann ArborSpecial Features:
- Consistent food and grey serviceMarygraceDined on 7/15/2014You can always count on classic items on the menu, great fish specials and creative inspired dishes from the chef. Service was great.Special Features: