7 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://resette.com/
- Phone: 2122217530
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Louis Gordillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Surrounded by warm candlelight and sterling bowls overflowing with fruit, guests will delight in a communal banquet – a 32-foot “King’s Table” that seats up to 45 guests – in the upstairs dining room. Perfect for private occasions or for feasting with new friends, the king’s table stands beside a fireplace and offers a view to the restaurant/lounge below. Near the table and locked behind an ornate brass iron gate is Re Sette’s extensive wine collection of more than 150 whites, reds, sparklings and ports.
- Private Party Contact: Chelsea Donohue 2122217530
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: 4, 5, 6 & 7 trains to Grand Central Station, B, D, F & V trains to Rockefeller Center, N, Q, R, W, 1, 2, 3, A, C, E & S trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A public garage is located on 44th Street between 5th & 6th Avenues as well as 46th Street between 5th & Madison Avenues.
A word from Re Sette
A royal feast awaits you at Re Sette, transporting guests to another era with exquisite design and elegant Southern Mediterranean cuisine. Downstairs, the 1,800-square-foot restaurant offers seating in an intimate dining room, lounge and bar. Guests enjoy a grand entrance, with a vaulted ceiling and long mahogany bar that features an expansive menu of grappa, the favored drink of Italian kings. The designs regal influences are seen throughout and conjure an opulent time: jewel-toned tapestry-covered chairs dimly lit ornate candelabras and deep Naugahyde banquettes against brick red textured walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Re Sette reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Had a wonderful experience here. Food was incredible. Filet and ravioli were out of this world. Everything was just tops. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Ordered the pork chop on bone. Nowhere on the menu did it say it was breaded ( I am gluten intolerant) and it didn't say it was pounded so thin to a weiner schnitzel . Service and ambiance were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Bad AmbianceDanielleBDined on 10/10/2014I went to ReSette with my boyfriend for a special date. We absolutely LOVED the food. It was so delicious and the service was fantastic. The only complaint we had was that the tables were SO close to each other. We were very cramped and actually had to move our table just to let the people next to us out. We found it very awkward to talk across the table to each other because we were just so close to the people next to us. However, the food definitely made up for the awkwardness, it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Tasty TastyLauraVIPDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant is set up in 2 sections. Seating behind the bar and then a separate dining room Both times I've gone to Re Sette, I've been a party of 1 and have been seated at a 2 top behind the bar. The service is great (I had the same server twice) He made great suggestions for both food and wine. The pasta was delicious. The serving size just right. I can't say enough about how good the food is and would highly suggest it. It's near the theater district so would work well if you are going to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ITALIANDIVADined on 10/3/2014THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. THE WAITERS WERE VERY ATTENTIVE AND NICE. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ItalianomNomDined on 10/2/2014Our party was seeking restaurants in midtown Manhattan with good vegetarian options, and this was one of a handful that came up on OpenTable. We chose "Italian" because it seemed like a safe bet, but our expectations were significantly exceeded. The food was amazing, both veggie and non-veggie options alike. Would definitely recommend to any lover of authentic Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Small romantic tables w great foodNYwildcritterVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great food. Lovely quaint tables and colorful wall paintings to set u in the mood.Special Features:
- Quick business lunchJRD63VIPDined on 9/24/2014Nice pasta choices, fresh ingredients served quick in a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Grate PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Food was excellent and the menu was very nice with lots of good options. They prepared a dish thta was not exactly on the menu for me, as I preferred a fra diavolo sauce as opposed to an olive oil and garlic sauce. Very accommodating without any hassle. It was an excellent dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissatisfiedRhondaDined on 9/14/2014The food was lousy. My meal was salty. I sent it back. It came back tasteless and watery. The wait staff never checked in. I couldn't even get my water glass refilled. Don't go to this restaurant if you want a good meal and a nice time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great and different pasta dish.....homemade ravioli with apple and pear and gargonzola cream sauce. Very good.Special Features:
- Good pre-theaterPatKDined on 9/10/2014Prix fixe was a bargain for NY. Excellent service, aware of the time and very nice selection. Coffee and a glass of wine included for a nice touch. The addition of a coffee bar at the entrance detracts and doesn't set a fine dining tone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jasminex3Dined on 9/7/2014The place was nice at first I was excited ate the complimentary bread with an amazing dip.. Had mussels. The first one was disgusting with a weird taste the rest were better but the first one turned my friends and I off. Then had the entrees I had the lobster ravioli it tasted okay..... UNTIL I FOUND A HAIR IN IT. Left as soon as I saw that it was done for me. CHECK PLEASE. Never again.
- An off night, this is not PeoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Eaten at ReSette 20 times in 10 years. Restaurants can have an off night. The staff was not professional. The restaurant was nearly empty at 5:30 on a Sat. Waiter did not time our courses properly. My wife abandoned the salad and began her entree. I finished my drink, for the remainder of the meal, no waiter was in sight. Only 3 tables were full. At the end of my meal the waiter asked if I wold like another drink. Too late it arrived. The busboy cleared without permission while my wife was eating, she didn't finish.. I asked for half and half with my coffee. Waiter took orders & delivered drinks to 2 other tables, bringing my half and half after my coffee was cold. Other staff around. After 10 years dining there, we will never return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodCarandarDined on 9/5/2014I love going to Resette - one of my favorite local haunts. The preparation and presentation of our dinners was perfect. Always ask for the specials. The mushroom risotto was the best I ever had. The rack of lamb was perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Great food. Great staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Had a great meal. Wonderful flavors. Wonderful staff. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The food and service was awesome.. Def will be going back again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This is the fourth time I have been to Re Sette within the past six months and each time has been a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating. The food is wonderful from the Calamari to the Tiramisu and everything in between. If I lived in the area this would be my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placesidneymDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and the service was equally good. I would be happy to return. I did think the quantity of wine by the glass was skimpy considering the price.Special Features:
- ReviewLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was just ok. It smelled fantastic but the taste was not great. The service was not very good. From the waiter to the bar tender not being able to make a virgin drink. The hostess was very nice and accommodating.
- SuzanneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Cocktails were quite good (though it took quite a while for one guest to receive hers) and the food was excellent as were the dessert and coffee selections....we would definitively return.Special Features:
- Dont botherTEngalDined on 8/2/2014I wouldn't go back. This restaurant was nothing special and there are so many better restaurants in the neighborhood. They served me frozen potatoes and called them roasted?? UGH...
- Post Theatre DinnerPat1VIPDined on 7/31/2014We arrived after the theatre, less than an hour before closing time for the restaurant, but it was a lovely meal. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Highly reccomended.JarekDined on 7/30/2014Delicious food, good location, very good service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delicious and promptTheatreGirlDined on 7/26/2014I had a Groupon for this restaurant and was thrilled with its location in the Theatre district. I thought we would be treated like second-class citizens but the service was prompt and courteous. Our waiter also had great recommendations and even helped us to maximize our Groupon as it was a deal for four and we were a party of three. The appetizers and entrees were delicious but we were too full to try any desserts! Great dining choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerMichaelWKDined on 7/15/2014I took a group of clients here for dinner and everyone was very pleased with the food, service, and ambience. I would definitely recommend this place for business outings, or just for a night out with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!JLS1VIPDined on 7/14/2014My family and I really enjoyed ourselves on Monday night. The food (we all agreed) was delicious. The wine was terrific--and reasonably priced. We will return--frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spotketnycDined on 7/3/2014This is my 3rd visit to Re Sette. This time I took my daughter for her birthday celebration. Great food, and outstanding service.
- I don't understand the bad reviews!amanda45VIPDined on 6/29/2014We bought a groupon to go to ReSette. We don't use groupons very often, but we were going with friends, knew we would order more that the groupon, and figured, why not save a little money? The food, and the service were outstanding. I had the tuna tartare, which was excellent, but after I tasted my husband's PEI mussels, I realized that I should have ordered them, too. Fresh, delicious, and with a fradiavlo sauce that was incredible. Dinner was delicious, too. My husband had the filet. It was tender, tasty and perfectly medium rare. Two of us had the pork chop milanese. It was incredible, tasty, and the salad the it was topped with made it so refreshing. Our waiter was amazing. No one made us feel bad about the groupon. Excellent!Special Features:
- Cozy Date Night SpotGr82eatVIPDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I met here for dinner. This cozy restaurant is staffed with attentive and professional waitstaff. Our waiter was very well-versed on the menu and the individual components of each dish. He did mind giving us his recommendations on what he thought were the best dishes and we gladly took his information. I found this place on GroupOn for a steal and was glad that I took the opportunity to buy this offer when it was available as I found out from the table next to me it sold out when they tried to obtain this deal for themselves:-) The fried calamari was delicious we enjoyed a fish and a shrimp dish and topped it off with a wonderful dessert that we shared. We will visit this place again if we're in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 318 reviews are from the Re Sette reviews archive.
- Good foodcatnycDined on 6/24/2014We had a very nice lunch, the food was wonderful but the service was lagging. We had to attempt to flag our waitress down 4 times, for coffee and then for the check. It did not appear to be that busy.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I had a groupon and was very impressed by the service, NO extra charges, the incredible food and fantastic area... It was a 10min walk to catch Pippin. I would recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!NYCBobVIPDined on 6/17/2014The food at Re Sette is exceptional and well-priced, especially if you use the dinner Groupon for 2 or 4. I have been to the restaurant many times and went back for a special birthday celebration. I would have given this restaurant an outstanding review, however, we were seated across from a table of 7 women and 1 man who were so loud we couldn't hear ourselves above their screaming and cackling. It made for a most unpleasant dining experience. The staff was well aware of it and did nothing to ask them to keep it down -- on behalf of the other diners since the ceiling is very low in the restaurant.Special Features:
- meh...AngelinaVIPDined on 6/17/2014Lots of testosterone energy going on...good for P.E.I. mussels only, entrées were okay, nothing notable or special. would go to again for mussels and grabbing a quick drink.Special Features:
- Always Good!FoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014ReSette is one of my fav go to spots! went to celebrate a birthday. The food always on point, consistent and the service is always good. You cannot go wrong with anything on this menu! The only disappointing thing is that they don't advertise that they have a pre-fixed menu and they don't offer it to you unless you ask. This is misleading and that practice needs to stop. Either they are going to offer the special menu or not, but hiding it isn't cool. STILL I love this place!Special Features:
- Great footRonboVIPDined on 6/11/2014Very close seating, not a quiet setting, moderate service. We went for fine food, not dissapointed but expected service and ambience to match the cost.Special Features:
- Fresh food, well made.SylviaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Pastas and sauces are fresh. The dishes were creative and cooked to perfection. The lobster ravioli was tasty and the shrimp was succulent. I tried bites of several dishes and was impressed with all of them. Dessert was disappointing. The tiramisu is homemade, but bland. As someone who makes an outrageous tiramisu with marscapone, I found this one to be nothing special. As it is, I never eat anyone else's, but my son wanted to try someone else's. He won't be doing that again. Chocolate crunch cake was ok. I found the desserts to be run of the mill and not worth the $9. Other than that, it was good.Special Features:
- Intimate and delightfulpinkhazeDined on 6/8/2014My friend and I had a Groupon for this restaurant and she had been here before and loved it. The food was very good. We had the fried calamari as an appetizer and there were so many it could have been a dinner for one person. They were delicious. I had the salmon which was pretty good and my friend had the apple-pear-gorgonzola ravioli which were incredible. Good wine. Very nice ambience--tastefully decorated, comfortable seating, quiet and intimate. Delightful experience!Special Features:
- outstanding seafoodjujuVIPDined on 6/4/2014I HAD ONE OF THE MOST DELICIOUS SEAFOOD/PASTA DISHES EVER!Special Features:
- Bus lunch on a diet1cwbusinessDined on 5/27/2014I was able to get a grilled chicken pailard with salad on top...excellently flavored and considering I was on a diet, I really appreciated a healthier and lower calorie alternative. Can't really comment on the rest of the menu.Special Features: