7 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://resette.com/
- Phone: 2122217530
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Louis Gordillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Surrounded by warm candlelight and sterling bowls overflowing with fruit, guests will delight in a communal banquet – a 32-foot “King’s Table” that seats up to 45 guests – in the upstairs dining room. Perfect for private occasions or for feasting with new friends, the king’s table stands beside a fireplace and offers a view to the restaurant/lounge below. Near the table and locked behind an ornate brass iron gate is Re Sette’s extensive wine collection of more than 150 whites, reds, sparklings and ports.
- Private Party Contact: Chelsea Donohue 2122217530
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: 4, 5, 6 & 7 trains to Grand Central Station, B, D, F & V trains to Rockefeller Center, N, Q, R, W, 1, 2, 3, A, C, E & S trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A public garage is located on 44th Street between 5th & 6th Avenues as well as 46th Street between 5th & Madison Avenues.
A word from Re Sette
A royal feast awaits you at Re Sette, transporting guests to another era with exquisite design and elegant Southern Mediterranean cuisine. Downstairs, the 1,800-square-foot restaurant offers seating in an intimate dining room, lounge and bar. Guests enjoy a grand entrance, with a vaulted ceiling and long mahogany bar that features an expansive menu of grappa, the favored drink of Italian kings. The designs regal influences are seen throughout and conjure an opulent time: jewel-toned tapestry-covered chairs dimly lit ornate candelabras and deep Naugahyde banquettes against brick red textured walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Re Sette reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (20)romantic (18)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The food and service was awesome.. Def will be going back again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This is the fourth time I have been to Re Sette within the past six months and each time has been a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating. The food is wonderful from the Calamari to the Tiramisu and everything in between. If I lived in the area this would be my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placesidneymDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and the service was equally good. I would be happy to return. I did think the quantity of wine by the glass was skimpy considering the price.Special Features:
- ReviewLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was just ok. It smelled fantastic but the taste was not great. The service was not very good. From the waiter to the bar tender not being able to make a virgin drink. The hostess was very nice and accommodating.
- SuzanneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Cocktails were quite good (though it took quite a while for one guest to receive hers) and the food was excellent as were the dessert and coffee selections....we would definitively return.Special Features:
- Dont botherTEngalDined on 8/2/2014I wouldn't go back. This restaurant was nothing special and there are so many better restaurants in the neighborhood. They served me frozen potatoes and called them roasted?? UGH...
- Post Theatre DinnerPat1VIPDined on 7/31/2014We arrived after the theatre, less than an hour before closing time for the restaurant, but it was a lovely meal. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Highly reccomended.JarekDined on 7/30/2014Delicious food, good location, very good service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delicious and promptTheatreGirlDined on 7/26/2014I had a Groupon for this restaurant and was thrilled with its location in the Theatre district. I thought we would be treated like second-class citizens but the service was prompt and courteous. Our waiter also had great recommendations and even helped us to maximize our Groupon as it was a deal for four and we were a party of three. The appetizers and entrees were delicious but we were too full to try any desserts! Great dining choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerMichaelWKDined on 7/15/2014I took a group of clients here for dinner and everyone was very pleased with the food, service, and ambience. I would definitely recommend this place for business outings, or just for a night out with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!JLS1VIPDined on 7/14/2014My family and I really enjoyed ourselves on Monday night. The food (we all agreed) was delicious. The wine was terrific--and reasonably priced. We will return--frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spotketnycDined on 7/3/2014This is my 3rd visit to Re Sette. This time I took my daughter for her birthday celebration. Great food, and outstanding service.
- I don't understand the bad reviews!amanda45VIPDined on 6/29/2014We bought a groupon to go to ReSette. We don't use groupons very often, but we were going with friends, knew we would order more that the groupon, and figured, why not save a little money? The food, and the service were outstanding. I had the tuna tartare, which was excellent, but after I tasted my husband's PEI mussels, I realized that I should have ordered them, too. Fresh, delicious, and with a fradiavlo sauce that was incredible. Dinner was delicious, too. My husband had the filet. It was tender, tasty and perfectly medium rare. Two of us had the pork chop milanese. It was incredible, tasty, and the salad the it was topped with made it so refreshing. Our waiter was amazing. No one made us feel bad about the groupon. Excellent!Special Features:
- Cozy Date Night SpotGr82eatVIPDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I met here for dinner. This cozy restaurant is staffed with attentive and professional waitstaff. Our waiter was very well-versed on the menu and the individual components of each dish. He did mind giving us his recommendations on what he thought were the best dishes and we gladly took his information. I found this place on GroupOn for a steal and was glad that I took the opportunity to buy this offer when it was available as I found out from the table next to me it sold out when they tried to obtain this deal for themselves:-) The fried calamari was delicious we enjoyed a fish and a shrimp dish and topped it off with a wonderful dessert that we shared. We will visit this place again if we're in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodcatnycDined on 6/24/2014We had a very nice lunch, the food was wonderful but the service was lagging. We had to attempt to flag our waitress down 4 times, for coffee and then for the check. It did not appear to be that busy.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I had a groupon and was very impressed by the service, NO extra charges, the incredible food and fantastic area... It was a 10min walk to catch Pippin. I would recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!NYCBobVIPDined on 6/17/2014The food at Re Sette is exceptional and well-priced, especially if you use the dinner Groupon for 2 or 4. I have been to the restaurant many times and went back for a special birthday celebration. I would have given this restaurant an outstanding review, however, we were seated across from a table of 7 women and 1 man who were so loud we couldn't hear ourselves above their screaming and cackling. It made for a most unpleasant dining experience. The staff was well aware of it and did nothing to ask them to keep it down -- on behalf of the other diners since the ceiling is very low in the restaurant.Special Features:
- meh...AngelinaVIPDined on 6/17/2014Lots of testosterone energy going on...good for P.E.I. mussels only, entrées were okay, nothing notable or special. would go to again for mussels and grabbing a quick drink.Special Features:
- Always Good!FoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014ReSette is one of my fav go to spots! went to celebrate a birthday. The food always on point, consistent and the service is always good. You cannot go wrong with anything on this menu! The only disappointing thing is that they don't advertise that they have a pre-fixed menu and they don't offer it to you unless you ask. This is misleading and that practice needs to stop. Either they are going to offer the special menu or not, but hiding it isn't cool. STILL I love this place!Special Features:
- Great footRonboVIPDined on 6/11/2014Very close seating, not a quiet setting, moderate service. We went for fine food, not dissapointed but expected service and ambience to match the cost.Special Features:
- Fresh food, well made.SylviaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Pastas and sauces are fresh. The dishes were creative and cooked to perfection. The lobster ravioli was tasty and the shrimp was succulent. I tried bites of several dishes and was impressed with all of them. Dessert was disappointing. The tiramisu is homemade, but bland. As someone who makes an outrageous tiramisu with marscapone, I found this one to be nothing special. As it is, I never eat anyone else's, but my son wanted to try someone else's. He won't be doing that again. Chocolate crunch cake was ok. I found the desserts to be run of the mill and not worth the $9. Other than that, it was good.Special Features:
- Intimate and delightfulpinkhazeDined on 6/8/2014My friend and I had a Groupon for this restaurant and she had been here before and loved it. The food was very good. We had the fried calamari as an appetizer and there were so many it could have been a dinner for one person. They were delicious. I had the salmon which was pretty good and my friend had the apple-pear-gorgonzola ravioli which were incredible. Good wine. Very nice ambience--tastefully decorated, comfortable seating, quiet and intimate. Delightful experience!Special Features:
- outstanding seafoodjujuVIPDined on 6/4/2014I HAD ONE OF THE MOST DELICIOUS SEAFOOD/PASTA DISHES EVER!Special Features:
- Bus lunch on a diet1cwbusinessDined on 5/27/2014I was able to get a grilled chicken pailard with salad on top...excellently flavored and considering I was on a diet, I really appreciated a healthier and lower calorie alternative. Can't really comment on the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- A complete rip off!willnevercomebackDined on 5/24/2014I had bought this Groupon deal, which includes appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 house wines, for over $50. And when the bill came I still owed them $60 after the groupon voucher. The only extra thing I had was a dessert. It's not about the money but it's about my expectations with the food. It was horrible! I would never ever come back. I wanted my girlfriend to have a good time but it was ruined. If the food was good, I wouldn't care so much about the price but I think paying over $60/person is completely unacceptable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Used a groupon. Great value for an excellent dinner!Special Features:
- Amazing EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014I am a huge fan of Italian food. the people at Resette know exactly how to do that. The food is amazing, the staff is friendly, and the ambiance is lively and contagious. I look forward to coming back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Food was ok, a bit too spicy for my liking. My husband said the bread was awful, so I didnt even try it. Waitress was excellent. Decor was nice.Special Features:
- Tranquil Italian close to theaterskaysonDined on 5/17/2014On a beautiful Saturday with every tourist in NYC converging on Times Square, Re Sette on West 45th St. offered a cozy, calming respite. The service is attentive and down-to-earth. You never feel rushed but you do get out on time for a show. The food ranges from perfectly decent to very good Italian, taken from a range of Southern and Sicilian dishes. Prices are moderate ($20-$30 entrees) and most theaters are a 10 minute walk away. Great proximity to Bryant Park and Fifth Avenue. Nice little bar up front. Dress is neatly casual (not slobby).Special Features:
- over charged meOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014i had used groupon and the deal was 2 dinners .appetizer.and two house wines. i had not been told when waiter asked what wine i would like that i would b charged $29 for the wine. i should have been told instead of asked what wine i wanted.i was surprised i had a choice when he asked. he should just bring the wine that was part of the deal to the table. very miss leading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findStanBDined on 5/13/2014Found them on Groupon, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. The food was delicious and the service very attentive. The manager even offered a complimentary glass of Grappa at the end of the meal. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We took our soon to be wed son and fiance to Re Sette along with her parents the night before the wedding. Since we are from out of town we relied upon online reviews for our retaurant choice. The food and ambience were very good and the wait staff was pleasant and prompt. We enjoyed the experience very much and our son and now daughter in law were thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Groupon dealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014We dined here using our Groupon before seeing a show and it worked out great. Good deal, excellent food and service. Would recommend and will go back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/7/2014felt like the waiter was rushing us but other then that it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 298 reviews are from the Re Sette reviews archive.
- Food and wine excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Our server was great staff was very attentive. Food was excellent would highly recommend.
- Cozy spot for great Italian mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Charming restaurant with great service. Food is very good but nothing spectacular. Definitely worth a try if you can't decide where to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goof food poor serviceluluDined on 4/26/2014Tasty italian cuisine, unfortunately staff seems too be bothered by the presence of customers. Visited on a Saturday night, perhaps they are less rushed on week days? Picked the place for the chicken limoncello from the internet menu, but was not available anymore, had been taken off the menu. Overall a good place to eat but would not visit again.Special Features:
- Quaint and CharmingtaboostoyDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I have been to this restuarant twice now both times with friends and we have very much enjoyed our meals. Nice Italian Restaurant perfect if going to the theatre district, short walk to the shows, white table cloth restaurant, great food, good wine and waiters are very friendly and helpful. Service was also good, no complaints!!Special Features:
- Awful foodCookiemonsterDined on 4/25/2014I was expecting flavorful italian food. The food was mediocre at best. I had the fettucini with shrimp and scallops while my boyfriend had the ravioli. Both dishes were bland, tasteless, and boring. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- NYC Italian RestaurantRuthDined on 4/24/2014The service was spectacular. Two people in our party had the spicy seafood special, very good. Another person had the chicken special with mozzarella and mushrooms, very good. I had the pork chop on the bone of the menu, unfortunately I didn't not pay attention to the whole description but it was breaded--milanese style--I ate it all but would never order it again. For appetizers we had the portobello mushroom, calamari, beet/goat salad and all were very good. And I close with the fact that the service was spectacular. It is worth a visit but it is not for foodies.Special Features: