Ray's on the River
6700 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7709551187x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Warner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Vocal.
A word from Ray's on the River
Situated along the Chattahoochee River, take in serene views and enjoy a menu filled with classic Ray’s dishes including fresh seafood flown in daily, prime cut steaks and regionally grown vegetables. As an Atlanta dining institution, Ray's offers live entertainment, a creative hand-crafted cocktail menu and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list. At Ray's, we strive to exceed expectations with every visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ray's on the River - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Ray's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
508 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (362)special occasion (330)romantic (258)good for groups (139)great for brunch (137)fit for foodies (136)great for lunch (108)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (94)great for outdoor dining (79)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (41)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014This was our second visit to Ray's. Once for our 34th wedding anniversary and back for my wife's birthday. We enjoyed the experience both times and will certainly return.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRomanticDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant was recommended to my husband and I for our anniversary. I thought it was a very nice restaurant, with a romantic atmosphere. The jazz music was very nice and the service was good - the service would have been great had the waiter not forgot our carry out plate. We had to remind him. My only complaint is that the food was not very well seasoned, it was just ok to me. It could have been so much better with some more flavor. I had to add salt to my dish to me it taste good.Special Features:
- Easy ChoiceweluvraysDined on 9/27/2014Our 2nd visit this summer and we'll be coming back again! Great food, wine, and live music! Ambiance of the river streaming out the window with the fireplace is a good start to a great night! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFindDiningGemsDined on 9/27/2014We had a pushy waiter, My husband allergic to shell fish and the waiter kept insisting on he try something... the food wasn't that great and way overpriced for the quality. We had dirty glasses and silverware on the table when we arrived. My husband ordered a beer and the glass it was served in was broken all the way down the glass. I've been for lunch years ago and it was great. This was for my husbands birthday dinner and both of us agreed we wouldn't go back. Very disappointed.
- Slightly disappointed this time.RossiVIPDined on 9/25/2014We have always enjoyed dining here, but this time both of our fish entrees tasted quite bland. The service was excellent, the bartenders and music were great, but the food needs to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great evening celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Been a while since we had been there before and wanted to come back to enjoy the location once again (been over 10 years). Great food, not too far from home. Excellent service, very helpful.Special Features:
- Excellent Classic dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014We went to Ray's to celebrate my husband's birthday & truly enjoyed the experience. We had a beautiful view of the river to begin the evening. The Oysters Rockefeller were delicious. We both had the Prime Rib & it was cooked to perfection. I must say that the service was what really "made" the evening. The staff was pleasant & attentive. They really wanted to do everything possible to make our evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014We historically love this place but came away disappointed this timeSpecial Features:
- fun night...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014dinner was for my mom's 72nd birthday. the staff really made sure they made her feel special and we had a good time. the food was a tiny bit slow to come out. however, we didn't feel rushed! we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Rays on the River A BustbubbaconchDined on 9/24/2014Had a special evening planned with my lady that started off with dinner at Rays. Made reservations but were turned away before we entered the parking lot. They said we needed to park in the overflow lot (.25 mi away) and we would be "shuttled" in. No thanks guys. Next time hire a valet service to handle the load. Ruined the start of our evening. Rays had our phone number but didn't call to warn us. We tried calling to cancel but received a recording. Then to pour salt in the wound, Rays listed us as a no-show with Open Table. I felt compelled to let them know of my experience through their contact form. That was almost a week ago. No reply. Poor management. Won't be going back there again. Too many good restaurants in Atlanta.
- WONDERFUL WAITERSMazzDined on 9/24/2014Our waiters made our experience even more amazing. We enjoyed our meals, nice soft music and our walk outside the grounds of the restaurant. I love Rays and will continue to enjoy my time at rays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rays -- superbNativeNYerDined on 9/21/2014Everything about Rays is superb. Many tables have views of the river (the tiered seating helps with this). The seafood in particular is great. We split the seafood tower as an appetizer and all at the table loved it.Special Features:
- Thx RaysBoomerang6Dined on 9/21/2014We had a reservation and arrived early, no traffic through Atl., they seated us 45 minutes early. Thanks so much Rays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday BrunchTenaciousinthecityDined on 9/21/2014Ray's has been and continues to be very consistent in terms of their service and food. I would definitely recommend their Sunday Brunch which offers a variety of food.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningStellazDined on 9/20/2014Perfect evening! I'm impressed. I would definitely go back. Our servers were wonderful! Offered great recommendations. We had a wonderful view of the river and they lit up the outside beautifully. Live music was great! The rocks margaritas were fantastic and smooth! Food was very tasty!Special Features:
- Good food & great serviceLuv2eatDined on 9/20/2014The food was good and the service was great. There were a few people serving the table so someone was on top of everything and there were only 2 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentBravesFanDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Ray on the Rivers a number of times. We normally make it a stop while we are in Atlanta. The food is always great and the service matches the quality of the food. The only problem we had was that we were told that we would have a window table when we came in, but when they went to seat us, they tried to seat us at the back of the restaurant. We ended up opting for a table outside which was pleasant.Special Features:
- poor service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014When I arrived and told my reservation (5:45), still I need to wait to be seated, because the person who checked my reservation left the desk and didn't come back(?). When I was seated, it was right under A/C, too cold for me to enjoy dinner, so I asked to change seat. (Is that problem?) They changed my table. The table was not clean but they did't care. I waited pretty long time till some waiter (clearly he was not my waiter) asked me if I am ready to order. Still I don't know who was for my table, because 3 waiters served (?) my table. No one charged for my table, so one of the three waiter (he has no idea what I ordered for the dinner course) asked me if I want some dessert. Very upset but anyway put 15% tip. I should leave four quaters
- OKExperienceDined on 9/19/2014Too expensive for the quality, don't think I'll go back
- Had to have bad service onceEkcpetersonDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars of Rays on the River. We always feel that Rays gives exceptional service and sometimes with the realization that you have two waiters. Last night we had one waiter that couldn't seem to get anything right. He put in the wrong appetizer, couldn't get our before dinner drinks on time, then dinner took forever to come out and one member of our party had to wait an extra five minutes for his food to come out. We waited, of course, and then all of our meals were less warm. We don't remember our waiter's name unfortunately. I don't believe he told us his name. Dessert was fantastic though. Please know, we always have exceptional service, but this time was way below sub-par and it's very disappointing when you bring friends alongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - River SeatingBillnCarolDined on 9/18/2014Great service, great food (Scallops were awesome), filet cooked perfectly, great wait staff.Special Features:
- UpscaleDinerDined on 9/17/2014This is an old restaurant that cannot compete with the great Chef inspired restaurants in the area for the same price point. Ambiance has not come into the 21st century and the servers are overwhelmed.
- Great AmbianceLda77Dined on 9/16/2014Ray's is always a favorite dining experience in the beginning of the fall when there's a crispness in the night air. It is very calm during that time and as you look out onto the Chattahoochee River while you dine, it feels like nirvana. The seafood was quite fresh and tasty and the desserts always amaze.Special Features:
- LapuneOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Very disappointing night at a place we usually like. Very bad start...no table available with a reservation! Then, handed a PAGER!!!! No restaurant on earth, at the level I thought Ray's inhabited, owns PAGERs, or would ever dare to give one to their customers....WHAT AN INSULT!!!! This was followed by: over rushed service, dry Tuna Tataka...half consumed before it's sauce was offered, bread that came after apps, and MEDIUM WELL prime rib (it should never be served that way even if someone ordered it that way...we did not!!!) SAD!!Special Features:
- VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISEDbizdinnersDined on 9/16/2014The view is amazing and my party of 8 was positioned perfectly for my clients to be very impressed! The service was exquisite, and the food did not disappoint. No one duplicated orders and all the entrees were great. DO NOT skip dessert as it is the best part of the meal. Wonderful wine list.Special Features:
- Food is so, soDickDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I had not been to Ray's for a number of years due to our relocation and looked forward to a return trip. Needless to say the food was not very good: my fish was tough and dry and her scallops tasted old. FWIW the desserts were excellent, but I would never go back just for that.Special Features:
- PERFECTION!EatingOutisOurHobbyVIPDined on 9/16/2014We had dinner at Ray's on the River for my husband's birthday. We eat out a lot, sometimes 3 times/wk, and I cannot remember a more relaxing or perfect evening in a very long time. The food is absolutely delicious. My crab cakes were delicious, perfectly seasoned. Service was attentive but not overbearing. The view of the river and flowers was spectacular. The restaurant is not as noisy as many seem to be these days. Beautiful setting, great food, great and extensive wine list (at least 50 types of wine by the glass, which is unusual). Could not have asked for a better place for our celebration.Special Features:
- special requestonebuckeyeDined on 9/15/2014This was a special occasion. I asked for a nice booth and they honored my request. Very nice!Special Features:
- Mike306Dined on 9/15/2014First time and last time, very over rated and over priced.Special Features:
- Great cuisine fair pricedBauziDined on 9/14/2014We had Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon and the House Salad - all was excellent cooked and nicely presented. Really a great Cobb Restaurant Week experience. As a wine freak I also very much like the half price offering on "Wine" Down Sundays! Only the service could have done slightly better. Although we asked for a break between salad and entrée, the meat came even before we finished the salad. However, we will return! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lyle's dining disaster.lylebossDined on 9/14/2014I have been a fan of Ray's for years and have spent many special occasions here. I had a very disappointing dinner there with a client on Sept 14th. I ordered the special Surf and Turf and a cup of clam chowder. The chowder was skimpy, no clams to speak of, watery and full of potato filler. It was seriously the worst clam chowder I have ever had served; Campbell's and a number of canned chowder is better. The filet was order medium rare and it was more medium, cold and tough. The whole surge and turf platter was cold and was as if it had it on the shelf waiting to be served. We ordered a side of Brussels Sprouts as the vegetable of the day and it tasted like institutional food you would get in a hospital cafeteria.
- Sunday Brunch good, but too priceyberealDined on 9/14/2014Ray's Sunday Brunch is good but is now priced too high for the offering. The hot foods are, at best moderate and on a recent visit, the pastries were dried out. I always enjoy the omelet station and peel and eat shrimp and the salad bar. Now, however, it appears that as prices have escalated, the choices have shrunk. This used to be my favorite for Sunday Brunch. I plan to look for other options that will give me more value for my money.Special Features:
- never failsATLMAREDined on 9/14/2014Ray's is our GO TO Place for out of town guests and celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed BrunchNerrawSenojDined on 9/14/2014My only issue was with having an early morning sitting (10:15 am), the food was not Hot, I hope as the day went on for brunch the food was hotter. Also, being from New York my expectations were high, looking forward to beverages being included since, it's not a Champagne Sunday Brunch. (VISITORS~(Georgia Law) If you do an early morning sitting cocktails can not be purchased and served until 12:30 pm). I will try the Sunday Brunch again and do an updated posting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new to go placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Very good evening out. Thinking of getting group together to celebrate USMC birthday in Oct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likes2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is a lovely setting with a nice view of the river. The service is great and the food is delicious. There is a big selection of seafood that is well prepared and nice presentation. The portions are enough for anyone. We really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionAngelDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had her birthday dinner here. The food was very good. I especially liked the 3 course dinner that they offered on this Saturday night. The price was right and the dinner was very good. This is a nice place to go for a special occasion. Our table was cozy and quiet. The service could be a little better.Special Features:
- DeliciousFuneataDined on 9/13/2014We went here for Cobb Restaurant Week. I hadn't eaten there in years. It was delicious! The service was great.Special Features:
- LOVED IT!!!!!FlawlessDined on 9/12/2014The ambiance was absolutely Amazing & so was staff. Our waitress was kind & answered all questions as if we were her only table! Everyone was professional & we ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS PLACE!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Buzz......GregthebugDined on 9/11/2014and this was before 7 p.m. on a Thursday. Ray's stayed full even after more than 2 hours of our dining. We went for an anniversary celebration. Service was very good. Attentive staff. Had to wait for about 5 or 10 minutes, even with a reservation, but that wasn't bad. The view at the window is very pleasant; the river scenery, manicured lawn, and ducks and geese at sunset all add to the ambience. Food was outstanding and service was always available but unrushed.Special Features: