Ray's on the River
6700 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7709551187x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Warner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Vocal.
A word from Ray's on the River
Situated along the Chattahoochee River, take in serene views and enjoy a menu filled with classic Ray’s dishes including fresh seafood flown in daily, prime cut steaks and regionally grown vegetables. As an Atlanta dining institution, Ray's offers live entertainment, a creative hand-crafted cocktail menu and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list. At Ray's, we strive to exceed expectations with every visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ray's on the River - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Ray's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
495 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (350)special occasion (330)romantic (268)fit for foodies (158)good for groups (146)great for brunch (135)neighborhood gem (108)great for lunch (106)notable wine list (105)great for outdoor dining (79)vibrant bar scene (66)hot spot (45)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- RolloDined on 10/18/2014A real old standby for a great meal and evening out in the Atlanta area. Predictably first rate!Special Features:
- Always a treatAnnieDined on 10/18/2014We don't get by often but it's always a treat. The food is wonderful, service is personal and the view!! We had a booth by the window and a small wedding was happening on the ground. I felt like an invited guest! As the sun sets the shadows appear and seeing the menu is difficult but never fear, our waiter was ready with a small flashlight. It only lasts for a bit so it's worth the wait to see the sun set over the water to the west.Special Features:
- Service and view amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/17/2014But the food was so so. Lobster bisque was runny and cool with little to no taste. Tuna dish was cool and while the spices and sauce was great it was hard to get past the temperature. If you want a great view with wonderful service go, if you want great food look elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and foodDatenightdivaDined on 10/16/2014Service was great, beginning with the hostess who showed us to our seats, to Megan, who was our server. My birthday celebration was made more enjoyable at Ray's on the River. This was not our first visit and definitely will not be our last. Thanks to everyone. PS The food was phenomenal!Special Features:
- 10AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Beautiful Atmosphere. When being seated the hostess appeared to be irritated when I asked if we could be seated in a booth, I didn't understand since the restaurant was not very crowded. The food was good but expected it to be more flavorful. Disappointed that when waiter asked if we would like water he suggested tap or bottled, we said bottled, but he did not inform us that the water would cost us $10 bucks. Since we had not had a chance to look over the menu and it was our first visit it would have been nice to be advised of this. Also, my husband asked for tea but the waiter neglected to serve it. Beautiful place to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Hopefully, the other issues are not true reflections of the norm.Special Features:
- A special placegreat2eatVIPDined on 10/15/2014My 3 sons and I all enjoyed my birthday dinner at Ray's. The special desert they brought topped it all off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/14/2014I selected Ray's and made reservation to insure that my out of town clients would enjoy a nice experience. Unfortunately, although I arrived 15 minutes prior to my reserved time, we were seated in what must have been the worst table in the restaurant, next to a curtained wall, right at the steps on the side of the restaurant with not even a view of the parking lot. There were at least 3 parties of people who walked in while we waited for our table who specifically said to the hostess that they did not have reservations. They were told that wouldn't be a problem. They got better tables then we did! I was not happy about that but didn't want to create a scene because I had clients with me. I will not be returning in the future .....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2014steak salad ordered RARE (with comment to waiter "moo-ing is OK). came out well done. told waiter. he said he agreed and that he told the chef that. Chef told him to serve it anyway. I refused (embarrassing at a business meeting!!). came back rare. Who is the chef to be giving a new waiter orders like that?????
- Has Become one of our Favorites!2ATLFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014We have had dinner at Rays on the River for anniversaries, other special occasions or simply just because. We haven't been dissapointed once! Delicious food, excellent service, romantic setting, and great live music on the weekends, what more can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was awesome!riversgreatDined on 10/12/2014going to make this one of my monthly stops...that's all i have for nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In loveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I love brunch on Sundays and this place has become my all time favorite. Everything was delicious, I mean EVERYTHING, from the red velvet waffles to the thick slices of prime rib to the Jonah crab claws. I will be a frequent customer for sure. I recommend every one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereATLfoodreviewDined on 10/12/2014This was a really good experience for us. We had some friends with us from out of town, and they were impressed to say the least.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchshoesVIPDined on 10/12/2014The only time I go to this restaurant is for Sunday Brunch. It is wonderful every time. The items on the buffet don't vary but they are all excellent. And there are tons of options. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Meal with a ViewDJFlyBoyDined on 10/12/2014The food was great and the service even better. There was no wanting for water or any beverage that was refilled when glass was almost empty and they asked before doing it! All kind of gastronomic delights at their Sunday Brunch. Something for everyone to choose. Steak, chicken, fish and other seafood...everything. Their eggs Benedict was great (could us a bit more hollandaise) and the choice of breakfast items and lunch items were well balanced. This a spot to take visitors from out of town or just to have a fantastic meal with a great view!! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent!DctoalDined on 10/11/2014One of Atlanta's best, hands down!!! This is our favorite spot for brunch, lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnerbdaydinnerDined on 10/11/2014Great restaurant. Steak was a little too well. The atmosphere was fabulous. Little too cold in sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Atlanta restaurantMauigirlDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is my go to for special occasions. The food is outstanding, especially the seafood (to die for crab cakes and lobster). It's so beautiful looking out at the broad expanse of river going by, especially around sunset. The waiters are top notch: attentive yet unobtrusive. They even split items you say you are Sharing without being asked. I have gone here for many years and have never been disappointed. Forget going downtown or to Buckhead. This is the ultimate romantic spot.Special Features:
- A let downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary and we wanted to try Ray's on the River for the first time. We thought it would be nice to enjoy a romantic dinner as the sunset on the Chattahoochee. We ended up being seated in the middle of the restaurant with no view of the river. We asked the waiter if we could move to a table closer to windows where there were some open tables and he told us we couldn't. Ackward... So that set a bad tone for the evening. Wife ordered the scallops and enjoyed them. I ordered the horseradish crusted grouper and thought it could have used more flavor. We ordered the "seasonal" special dessert of smores cheesecake and we very disappointed by flavorless chessecake and soggy graham cracker crust.
- excellentdarrellDined on 10/10/2014service was wonderful food delicious it is an experience that someone at least have to try onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for working lunchesHeidiDined on 10/7/2014Met a new client at Rays on the River for Lunch. Very good ambiance, great service and convenient to make the reservation online.Special Features:
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 10/5/2014If this buffet is not the best in Atlanta area then it sure is running a tight second. If this buffet is not the best in Atlanta area then it sure is running a tight second.Special Features:
- great brunchdaveluvChequersVIPDined on 10/5/2014We went for brunch. Ray's has a wide variety of offerings, carving and omlet station, salads, breakfast fare, soups, and desserts. The prime rib was excellent. Ray's has upgraded their desserts since we visited last, a lot to choose from. One of Atlanta's best brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningChainsAreEvilDined on 10/4/2014We decided to go out for a nicer dinner than the usual. Good choice!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I will not return to Ray's. The waiter was not up to par for the price. The food was not out together and not hot. Never saw the waiter after he delivered the check.
- Awesome ResturantElvisVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been coming here since they opened 30 years ago We celebrated my wife's birthday For the last 5 years Great food and great service Highly recommend RaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not competitiveHalfbackDined on 10/4/2014Food is good, but for the price there are better options in the area. We made reservations days in advance and early @ 5:30 asking for a window seat. We got a window next to a busy servers station. The restaurant was not crowded and better option where available. Attention to details is lacking. Dinner for 2, total bill over $100, one drink. My money will be spent elsewhere.Special Features:
- No warm BREAD and rock hard butterLynnDined on 10/3/2014The food was good, but the waiter wasn't able to bring us warm bread because it was frozen. On a Friday night you didn't keep bread out until the restaurant stop seating at 10:45 and we got there at 10:15. I love this restaurant but if I can't get all what the restaurant offer I don't want any of it. So, I guess I need to call before coming. I can go to another $$$ restaurant some where else because I drove an hour for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shame on Host Staffredval1198Dined on 10/3/2014The Management Team needs to attend to the type of reception guest receive when they enter the restuarant. I experianced and witness a cold Hostest team that displayed a anoyance with customers and provided a very uninviting experiance. If can overlook the treatment of the Host staff it is a GOOD experiance overall.Special Features:
- 21 years laterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Took my wife there 21 years ago when I had asked her to marry me. We are in Atlanta for a long weekend so I booked a res. glad I did was very nice to go there again after all these years. We enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014As usual, the food was excellent. The service, however, in both the lounge and at dinner was inattentive and slow. The compensation with a complimentary desert tray was a nice touch but not enough to make us want to return. The wine list is also very overpriced.Special Features:
- Old Scholl 80"sFanaticFoodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014Took forever to seat our party on a mid-week visit. Weak service as our waiter never checked on us. Food style is old school favorites. They are not taking any chances here. Kind of boring but steady.Special Features:
- Not that impressedShellBellDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant was very nice but I was underwhelmed by the food though. Overpriced & somewhat pretentious.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFrequentDinerDined on 9/30/2014Have been taking clients here for years and it just keeps getting better. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Great restauranttradfordDined on 9/28/2014This was our second visit to Ray's. Once for our 34th wedding anniversary and back for my wife's birthday. We enjoyed the experience both times and will certainly return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We were a little disappointed with the over all services. the food ok. It was our 41st anniversary and no one said a word.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRomanticDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant was recommended to my husband and I for our anniversary. I thought it was a very nice restaurant, with a romantic atmosphere. The jazz music was very nice and the service was good - the service would have been great had the waiter not forgot our carry out plate. We had to remind him. My only complaint is that the food was not very well seasoned, it was just ok to me. It could have been so much better with some more flavor. I had to add salt to my dish to me it taste good.Special Features:
- Easy ChoiceweluvraysDined on 9/27/2014Our 2nd visit this summer and we'll be coming back again! Great food, wine, and live music! Ambiance of the river streaming out the window with the fireplace is a good start to a great night! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFindDiningGemsDined on 9/27/2014We had a pushy waiter, My husband allergic to shell fish and the waiter kept insisting on he try something... the food wasn't that great and way overpriced for the quality. We had dirty glasses and silverware on the table when we arrived. My husband ordered a beer and the glass it was served in was broken all the way down the glass. I've been for lunch years ago and it was great. This was for my husbands birthday dinner and both of us agreed we wouldn't go back. Very disappointed.
- Slightly disappointed this time.RossiVIPDined on 9/25/2014We have always enjoyed dining here, but this time both of our fish entrees tasted quite bland. The service was excellent, the bartenders and music were great, but the food needs to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great evening celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Been a while since we had been there before and wanted to come back to enjoy the location once again (been over 10 years). Great food, not too far from home. Excellent service, very helpful.Special Features: