Ray's on the River
6700 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7709551187x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Warner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Vocal.
A word from Ray's on the River
Situated along the Chattahoochee River, take in serene views and enjoy a menu filled with classic Ray’s dishes including fresh seafood flown in daily, prime cut steaks and regionally grown vegetables. As an Atlanta dining institution, Ray's offers live entertainment, a creative hand-crafted cocktail menu and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list. At Ray's, we strive to exceed expectations with every visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ray's on the River - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Ray's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
522 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (384)special occasion (348)romantic (277)great for brunch (141)good for groups (134)great for lunch (129)fit for foodies (128)notable wine list (110)great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (78)vibrant bar scene (69)hot spot (45)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- Nice night outluv2eatDined on 8/31/2014If you are looking for some good food with a wonderful atmosphere this is the place. While its not the most upscale restaurant I've been to, I don't believe that is what they are going for, it was still better than the local chain restaurants. The service was good, the pace of the meal was very good. Food came at a reasonable rate... appetizer , bread, meal and dessert. Servers were friendly and attentive. Honored our request for window seating with a minimal wait at the bar. Wine recommendations were spot on. The seafood was fresh and tasty. If you need a night out away from the kids with your spouse this certainly fits the bill.Special Features:
- Excellent overall!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I've been dining at Ray's on the river and at Killer Creek for years and it never dissapoints. Excellent food, wine list, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Great restaurant for Sunday brunch. Variety of food to select from to include breakfast, regular menu items, seafood, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014The food was okay. If you like quantity and options you get it here but quality is so so. Shrimp and chicken fingers were great, but you can get that for a lot less money someplace else. Also restaurant bathroom and ceiling are in need of repair. Landscaping needed some TLC. Not what you expect for over $200 for 6 people with no alcohol.
- Amazing on all levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This was the second time I have been to Ray's and it did not disappoint. Our server Donald was amazing and funny. The staff was extremely helpful. The food was incredible. I honestly have nothing but great things to say about this place. I cannot wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food was outstanding. Service was initially good (after waiting for 20 minutes for our reserved table). Our food orders got mixed up and meals delivered that weren't ordered. Wine ordered was served after reminding the waiter again. Our check had food charged to it which wasn't ordered even though the initial check was correct. It also took 30 minutes to settle the check. I do hope it was just an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The jumbo crab cake appetizer was very good. The horseradish encrusted grouper was dry and tasteless. The wedge salad was swimming in blue cheese dressing. Atmosphere was nice and service was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had come back to Atlanta to celebrate our 41st anniversary. We were given a lovely scenic table. We had great food, although my rib eye was a bit grisly, it still was delicious. My husband got the sirloin and it melted in his mouth. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The food and the service was great! Everyone was extremely happy with our meals - our only regret was that we couldn't eat more :)Special Features:
- Go, but not on Saturday nightDCfromSAVVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is a pretty, well-run spot, with spot-on food. Wine list is above-average, with some high-priced bottles available in 6 and 9-oz pours. The "energy" is a bit much, however, on Sat night, which slows down service but moreover brings multiple servers to your table. It's a bit of a whirlwind. I'd try for another night of the week. Our table had steak, scallops, salmon, and pork chop -- all impressive in taste and presentation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Took my Wife here as a surprise to celebrate our 6 year Anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. I made the reservations online with a note saying what the occasion was, the Hostess & the Servers wished us Happy Anniversary and the Cook made a special dessert for us that not on the menu and only made for special occasions after the fabulous dinner. And you if you love Steak, it will melt in your mouth. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The service and food was outstanding. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the restaurant and the restaurant business it was like talking to the owner. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Not worth the $225 for two.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We were seated close to our reservation time on the patio, which we requested. Unfortunately, they are very close to the interstate which made it noisey. I got the Horseradish encrusted Grouper, my wife the Shrimp & Grits. The Shrimp & Grits were good but we have had better. The Grouper was a bit rubbery and the horseradish flavor was minimal. It came with a few green beans so I felt like all I got was fish for $32. We were not served any bread with the meal so the meal seemed sparse. I felt rushed as they attempted to clear our plates while we were still eating and had plenty of wine left. We figured there were people waiting for the 5 patio tables so we guzzeled down the wine only to sit there for 20 minutes waiting for our check.Special Features:
- beautiful sunsetatlantatreatsDined on 8/28/2014I requested a river view, which they kindly provided. Went with a longtime friend, and we were aiming for the lobster special. It came with salad and one side, and was delicious. Special of $25 made for a fun and reasonably priced evening. The view at dusk was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great evening with my wife.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/24/2014The attendant was helpful and courteous. The food was delicious and prepared per our instructions and we did not have to wait too longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is as great as the food.Don2dineDined on 8/24/2014Friendly service. Horseradish is tremendous. Wine recomendations were informed and forgiving.Special Features:
- TigerTigerDined on 8/24/2014Ray's continues to provide a consistently outstanding dining venue. We were seated promptly followed by an attentive wait staff. The brunch was excellent. Great variety of foods and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rays on the river brunchmarzaDined on 8/24/2014My brother had recommended the place. He came here for dinner. I decided to try the brunch. The place looked very nice and fancy and the staff were very professional. However the food was not so great. I was there mainly for the breakfast items. I tried the omelet and it was ok. The biscuits were a bit hard, the fruit was spoiled and the deserts weren't that good. I'd say store bought deserts taste better than what they had to offer. I guess my expectations were too high for the food. I expected what I was paying for. Besides the food, the dress code was what got me. They didn't enforce it. Had I known this before, I wouldn't have bother buying a dress to fit the occasion. The place looked great. But I'm not too sure about the food.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedmichebelleDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful ambiance, vibrant bar scene with live music, and excellent specials on the menu. We had a lovely table by the window facing the river, overlooking a wedding reception that was taking place on the patio. The gumbo was fantastic and the NY with blue cheese melted in my mouth. I will consider taking out of town guests for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Worst night ever!!!WishWeWent2BurgerKingDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Ray's many times before. They had a special event this last time. The worst night ever. Service was terrible. Food was ice cold. Presentation was fit for a Huddle House. Servers were confused.....and ion and on. I would have not spent $5 there had I known what was ahead for us that night!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great place for a romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Ray's on the River once before with larger group of family for lunch and greatly enjoyed it, but this trip was a special evening for a big anniversary. There were two weddings outside so there was a decent amount of activity going on but everything was still incredibly pleasant, the wait staff was amazing, the food and drinks didn't take too long, etc. All of the food was spectacular. The fish was very fresh, and the Lyonnaise potatoes were spectacular. This place is definitely upscale but not stuffy by any means and this foodie and his wife were more than satisfied by the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic & ClassyGigiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Ray's on the River always delivers. Service was outstanding, thanks to Jesus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade A Restaurant!!!Kingofkings772Dined on 8/22/2014Very very nice!! I loved this place. I took my fiancée here for her birthday. In the reservation I requested a view of the river and they gave us a great table. To make everything perfect they even put birthday confetti on the table! Great place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 8/22/2014Article char was a bit overlooked but tasty. Sautéed green beans were drowning in oil. But service, ambiance and window-side table were lovely.
- Almost perfect!SwampdogDined on 8/21/2014The only reluctance I have to giving Ray's solid fives, across the board, is that there is the faintest hint of the smell of tallow in the air. It's a Steak and Seafood establishment, and this should not be surprising, yet I found it a bit off-putting. Service, in particular, is the star-maker at Ray's On The River.Special Features:
- Great food and viewCherDined on 8/21/2014I love eating at Ray's in Sandy Springs. The food is consistently good and the view is spectacular. I had the lobster tail steamed and it was cooked perfectly. My friends ordered fish and they too were very satisfied with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ray'sLarry26Dined on 8/20/2014We had a reservation for 7:30 PM. Upon checking in at that time, was told that reservations were runnng 25-30 min. behind. We were seated after about 35 min. Great menu and view from dining. One of our group had the KC strip and had to send it back due to excessive fat which a strip should not have. Service was a bit slow as we expected it would be great. Overall I would return, but the overall experience was less than expected.Special Features:
- Rays on the RiverjohndDined on 8/20/2014Average at best, service was non existent at first until we complained, then it was betterSpecial Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014I've been to Ray's on previous occasions and the food and service have always been top notch. The food was great, but our server was slow and didn't seem to care.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Every dinner I have ever had at Ray's has been memorable. Delicious food, great ambience, superb service!Special Features:
- Very good!GaleDined on 8/17/2014We love Ray's on the River. Great for special occasion. Offers nice free cake for birthdays :) Has place for improvement. Overall experience still great! Thank you, Ray's, for being in our neighborhood all those years! We usually make reservation for party of 4. You should wait in the hallway if your friends are late. I prefer to relax and have drink instead of staying and waiting. Nobody even invites us to wait in a bar. I really do not like that kind of beginning of my almost fine dining evening. It is not fine dining actually. The Restaurant does not have dress code. There were guys wearing shorts and flip-flops...Special Features:
- Dr. TDrMikeDined on 8/17/2014Had an Open Table reservation, got there seated quickly at one of the smallest tables there. Asked for a larger table, preferably one of their nicer booths. Server went to check availability. Restaurant was not crowded, booths were available. I respectfully persisted in my request for a nicer table. It appeared walk ins got the good tables and patrons with reservations were carted off to horrible areas in the restaurant. That is what happened next. A manager, with a smart--- attitude came and carted me and my friend to a remote, undesirable area which is how this brunch ended. I, again, respectfully, let my opinion of this treatment be known telling the manager I would cancel an upcoming reservation at this restaurant. I will not return!
- Great brunch!Knuge0421Dined on 8/17/2014Great for brunch! Make sure you make a reservation before- it gets busy on Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening!cindyDined on 8/16/2014Booked at Ray's for our anniversary dinner. I called and requested a table by the window so we could see the water. We got close- a cozy booth with a water view. Impeccable service and yummy dinner, followed by a complimentary piece of chocolate cake in celebration of our anniversary. After dinner we retired to the bar for some entertainment-soft, contemporary music in another cozy booth! A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfood234Dined on 8/16/2014We had the lobster special. It was delicious. But before we finished our salad (which arrived a few minutes after we placed our order), the lobster arrived. I felt extremely rushed. If we hadn't slowed down on purpose, we would have been in and out in 50 minutes. As it was we were out in 65 minutes. When we go to a nice restaurant we like to savor the experience. Not feel very rushed. We had a table by the river and I felt they wanted to get us out so they could run someone else by the table. I don't plan to go back.Special Features:
- First disappointment at Ray'sSouthernYankeeDined on 8/16/2014Sat our side on a Saturday night - 6:15 reservation. Negatives: Salty wilted salads, lobster special was poor quality (both lobsters mushy). Key lime pie was very commercial tasting - different from previous times we've ordered it (maybe at Ray's Creek) Positives: Wonderful setting, good service, nice wine list, and a great dirty martin. First negative experience at a Rays.
- Cool but no seating choiceProtoDined on 8/16/2014i made my reservation like everyone else but when i asked to sit with a view of the river the waiter told me the tables had been reserved, when i reserved my table there was no option for seating preference, it was my girlfriends birthday and she really wanted to see the river, other than the bad seating they gave us it was great, hopefully i can see the river next time i go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray's on the RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014This was my first visit. We had excellent service and the food was absolutely wonderful! The hot seafood platter appetizer was amazing! The Parmesan crusted scallops were the best I've had. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lobster great valueDumbingdownDined on 8/13/2014Food always good but summer lobster dinner special especially good value and good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMDined on 8/13/2014Made a reservation at the last minute for our anniversary dinner but we were still able to get a great table by the window. Nice river view. Service was excellent. We both had the lobster special. It was very good but not excellent. Caesar salad was great. Crab bisque was delicious. Drinks were great and the chocolate mousse cake was awesome. Next time (maybe in the fall) we will probably try outside seating.Special Features: