Ray's on the River
6700 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (770) 955-1187
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Warner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Vocal.
A word from Ray's on the River
Situated along the Chattahoochee River, take in serene views and enjoy a menu filled with classic Ray’s dishes including fresh seafood flown in daily, prime cut steaks and regionally grown vegetables. As an Atlanta dining institution, Ray's offers live entertainment, a creative hand-crafted cocktail menu and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list. At Ray's, we strive to exceed expectations with every visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ray's on the River - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Ray's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I have dined at Ray's in the past and the food was as excellent as before. The preparation is perfect. Oysters Rockefeller is a hard dish to make and Rays hit a home run with our dish. Our waiter Michael, was colorful, energetic and an absolute pleasure to have serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is great!cdmjDined on 11/23/2014The Sunday brunch is wonderful - great variety of foods and the desserts are very tasty. The pecan pie is as close to my homemade version as it gets at a restaurant. But I must say the service is exceptional and has always been that way each time I've eaten at Ray's. Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014If you're looking for a variety, especially for those that can't choose between breakfast and lunch, brunch is the way to go and Rays on the River will not be a disappointment. You name it, they have it covered. The banana pudding was my favorite. Eat light or eat until you can't eat another bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunchMeh98Dined on 11/23/2014I would highly recommend Ray's on the River to anyone that is looking for an incredible brunch experience. The food, the view and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant makes it a memorable meal. One of the most diverse brunch menus I have ever seen. There is something for everyone. The only thing you should be aware of is that juice, tea or soda is an extra charge over an already hefty price. I believe that should be included in the price but even with that said, it is a brunch must.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantlzclzhsDined on 11/22/2014We usually eat at Rays when we are in Atlanta. It is a favorite of my wife. As always we had great food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014We went to Ray's for a B-Day celebration and we had a wonderful time. The food was great the Band was wonderful. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrazyadpiDined on 11/22/2014Food was amazing, cooked and served perfectly! Table was next to entrance of kitchen door. The one request I made when making the reservation was a very quiet table for 2. Obviously that was ignored and the table was set for 4. Our server was personable and funny, truly enjoyed that part of him. Disappeared a little more than I would like. We were often waiting for water and pouring our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owen1955Dined on 11/22/2014Over all the restrant was great, just not to excited about the parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rays RevisitedDoug58VIPDined on 11/19/2014Have not been back to Ray's on the River (SS) in over a year Wine list - great as a Penne Ash Pinot was a surprise. Three guests raves about the food Had asked for a view of the river - ended up next to a curtain/wall with a somewhat view of the rive (only disappointment)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made things rightTridiumDMCDined on 11/18/2014A party of 4 of us attending a conference were told to try Ray's. We were from out of town but Ray's was highly recommended. We started out with a lovely view of the water and our waitress was wonderful. 3 out of the 4 of us ordered a Carolina Grouper dish. Unfortunately all 3 of us had to have it sent back to be re-cooked. They apologized up one side and down the other and did not charge us for the 3 replacement meals. We did not expect them to comp those meals but they insisted. Our fish platter appetizer to start the meal was AWESOME and even though we had this little glitch, we felt that the restaurant was someplace we would definitely come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversitycocoDined on 11/17/2014We are planning a return trip this week since the experience was so good. Usually only go for special occasions but the crab cake were wonderful and the steak was like butter. I want to try the bar bits and listen to the band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray's on the River's brunch!RomeosMemeDined on 11/16/2014My grandson is a picky eater and he found many items on the brunch menu to enjoy, so that in itself was amazing... My partner and I truly enjoyed the variety of selections and the quality and taste of each dish we tried... Love the set up as well! Great job Ray's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Good and decent but food (except dessert) was not as note-worthy as previous experience. Nothing to write home about. Ambiance still great! Bar band music was super and loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow food was average and not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Go somewhere else for dinner, food is over priced and service is slow. We had to ask for bread 3 times and our bottle of wine 2 times. You can do better than Ray's on the River!!
- First dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Loved the atmosphere! Hope it leads to an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJasonDined on 11/14/2014Everything was amazing! Just quite pricey! We will definitely make the trip from Charleston again! Thank you for the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningMeMeDined on 11/14/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experience at Rays. The spicy calamari was absolutely the best I have tasted anywhere. You must try the Prama cocktail. It is a taste experience by itself! I always request more raisin bread at Rays. I love the mixture of raisins and nuts. The singer and band in the bar area could be heard throughout the restaurant; they were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014It was our first time dining with Ray's, and we had requested a window view. We were greeted warmly and our request was honored. We had a lovely view of the grounds and river. We ordered drinks and appetizers with one waiter, and then we never saw him again. In the end we had three different waiters, which was a bit confusing to us and caused a miscommunication amongst staff (bread was not brought and my husband's second beer was a long time coming). The appetizers were tasty but not very hot. Our main courses were also not very warm but the flavor was enjoyable. We ordered a coffee and espresso, and again the espresso was not very hot. So overall, the staff was very pleasant and were working hard but a couple of things got lost in the shuffle. Overall, not a big deal, but the food temperature thing was disappointing. The taste of the food was not the issue, but the enjoyment of the meal was lessened for me because things were lukewarm at best. We would visit again, but probably speak up about the temperature next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining at Ray's on the RiverDougDined on 11/13/2014While we've dined at Ray's several times previously, our visit on 11/14 was outstanding. We got exactly the table location I had requested, a fantastic waiter team with the emphasis on Donald and food that was as good as we've ever had on previous visits. All-in-all, it was a memorable evening out with some very special friends and couldn't have been any better. Doug Fuller Acworth, GASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem of AtlantaJustAFoodieDined on 11/12/2014Ray's is a regular spot for us, and I have never left disappointed. From the wet aged steaks to brought in fresh daily seafood, you simply can't go wrong with anything on the menu. From a service perspective, you get what you expect from a higher end restaurant, great service, but you also get a good amount of energy. You won't end up with a server who is bland as a corn flake, they will be someone who you'd want to have a conversation with. With a great wine list and amazing view to boot, what else could you ask for?!Special Features:
- EnjoyableFamilyAffairDined on 11/10/2014Food was great overall, but portions was small for what you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and Great FoodLeslieVIPDined on 11/9/2014I took my friend to Ray's on the River for his 50th birthday. The table was beautiful with discreet confetti (accurate, if oxymoronic). Our main server, Brian, was amazing. He was kind and engaging. My friend is extremely talkative, and Brian was happy to engage. He went above and beyond to make the night special. He also recommended an amazing wine, and reminded me that I could drink it responsibly and take the re-corked bottle home. The supporting cast of servers (including Trey) and the manager who stopped by our table also helped to make the night wonderful. My New York strip was delicious and the brussel sprouts were divine. Don't get me started on the praline basket and bourbon ice cream! I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargeDined on 11/9/2014This is a great place to take your family for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Georgia PeachPonderosaDined on 11/9/2014Great food and great drinks. The service is excellent. Love the variety on the brunch serving line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!ZakiiyaDined on 11/8/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I was told that this restaurant was perfect for a romantic dinner and it was! The view was beautiful and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Have come twice, the first time brought us back with friends and we will come again. Food, service, ambiance all excellent for an adult evening out. Thank you.Special Features:
- Good but not greateatingwellinVTVIPDined on 11/4/2014The whole experience at Ray's was fine, but not great. For the prices they charge, it needs to be great. While the food was good, then menu was generally unimaginative and old school.
- Excellent!!DineoutDined on 11/3/2014Amazing blackened trout. Wonderful lunch treat with friends in a beautiful setting and could actually visit without having to talk over other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere/service;avg foodewcjtcDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated a birthday on a Sunday night with a party of five-first visit here in 20 years. We had a great river view, and it was absolutely beautiful ambiance. Mike was our waiter, and he was awesome but food was very disappointing. Steaks were cooked to order and hot but lacked flavor ( neither the filet nor NY strip were worth it) and food was not brought out to all diners together. Salmon and ahi were better but not stellar. Some meals were half eaten before others arrived. Wine did not arrive until well after meals were served. Veggie sides were average in portion and flavor. Nothing was distinctive, except the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent everything. Fresh fishTeaarmDined on 11/2/2014Love the multiple staff that tend to your table. Nothing goes undone. No pressure or rush--take your time. Venture outside to stroll by the river before leaving. Our new special occasion spot. We will check out the Sunday brunch next. Freshest fish in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfuleducator04Dined on 11/2/2014I made a reservation for my and the restaurant was busy that day, however they seated us within 10 minutes. The atmosphere was friendly and the wait staff were helpful. The chef is to be commended, because the food was delicious and well seasoned. Needless to say, we will be back. We loved the brunch, complete with drinks included.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch ExtravaganzaSocialButterflyVIPDined on 11/2/2014Treated out of town guests to this $33pp brunch buffet and they were not disappointed. Buffets are not my thing but they don't get much better, or bigger, than this one. I love the view of the Hooch and service was top-notch. On my dinner wish list now.Special Features:
- excellent experienceluv2dineDined on 11/2/2014It was a very nice experience.We made reservations for Sunday brunch, we came in and our table was available quickly, I asked for table by the window looking out to the river and we did receive it. The Brunch selection was plentiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchFmsportsDined on 11/2/2014The place was packed but the service was great. Buffet had wide variety of items and food was well prepared and quite good.Special Features:
- Great service, average fooddigitalboomerDined on 11/1/2014The service and ambiance was great but the quality of the food has fallen off. My wife had the parmesan crusted scallops and they were served lukewarm as was the rest of the meal. Her scallops were also so tough she had a problem cutting them with a knife. She only ate 1 of the 3 served. I had the prime rib, it was served medium rare but was also lukewarm, the lyonaise potatoes were not crisp but were soggy from too much balsamic reduction and were not edible. Over all we were extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Special Birthday CelebrationFinerDinerDined on 11/1/2014the staff at Ray's made my guests birthday celebration most enjoyable! I am a professional corporate meetings and events planner and can be very, very particular when it comes to venue selection and service. Let me just say, from the time we drove up until the time we left, EXCELLENT service was in full effect! Donald, our server delivered unmatched service to us. He even remembered and followed through on the request I made when making our reservations, for a chocolate dessert with a candle! The dessert was incredibly palate pleasing! Most places, I would have had to remind them. Not Donald! He was wonderful!!!! Thank you and your staff! We look forward to sharing many more ocassions with Ray's On the River!Special Features:
- Ray's on the River Nov 2014DineitDined on 11/1/2014We sought a special place to take our 87 yr old mother visiting Atlanta. She loves flowers and gardens, so we decided on Ray's on the River. She loved the view of the river and her face lit up when the tree lights were turned on at dusk. The food was wonderful and the praline dessert basket a special treat. The pork chop and prime rib were worth the trip. Service was five star but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Great placeDrussellDined on 10/31/2014Outstanding service, outstanding food..Very pleased with the night. And my date said yes to marriage, so it looks like many more visits to Rays at least on anniversaries or special occasions..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perdiemDined on 10/31/2014they were out of some food items. service could have been better....server presented the bill when we were halfway through our meals and never asked if wanted any dessert. we felt rushed.Special Features:
- Terrible Experiene!YOLODined on 10/26/2014After 30 years of patronage, I can truly say that I had my worst dining ever in my life. I don't want to relive the experience my getting into the details, but we felt as though the whole situation was terribly mismanaged. In our desperation to leave, we realized later that we were overcharged. I talked to the manager the next day who said he would look into it, but I never heard back. Won't ever, ever go back. Have heard this from others as well. It's a pity, because this used to be a favorite of ours. By the way, $16 for 3 medium sized scallops is ridiculous!!!