Ray's in the City
240 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's in the City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4045249224x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ugo Okpareke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of items from seafood, sushi, sandwiches and platters, lunch or dinners. Please call for more information.
- Entertainment: Soothing live music, Wednesday thru Saturday, 6:00pm -10:00pm. Live jazz and piano by a variety of local entertainers.
- Cross Street: Andrew Young International/Harris
- Public Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking available after 5:00pm, up to 3 hours, in the Americasmart parking deck (next to Haveli). You can get to Ray’s in the City from Level A. Go through the entrance door, into the Merchandise Mart. Go right and walk through the bridge over Spring Street. Continue straight through the Mart to Peachtree Street. Ray’s in located on your left hand side.
A word from Ray's in the City
Ray's in the City is a casual seafood restaurant offering the best seasonal and fresh seafood available. Seafood is flown in daily from the Atlantic and Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ray's in the City reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (60)good for groups (59)fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (32)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (21)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- We love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We eat at Ray's at least once every time we come to Atlanta. The sushi is delicious. We've never had a bad dish there nor a less than exceptional server. We especially love Lonnie & Andrew. The live music is wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014My favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Great seafood. Freshest fish and oysters flown in from northwest and northeast so cold all year long. Just a really good restaurant with consistently good fish and steaksSpecial Features:
- great find downtown atlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Made reservations the first night and returned with my wife the second while visiting. Both visits were fabulous - food, service and vibe were all spot on. Will definitely make this a regular stop when we return. Sit in the bar area to people watch and admire the beautiful aquarium.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulEatDrinkLiveDined on 8/25/2014What more can I say? We always have a wonderful time due to the excellent staff and superior food. Thank you for making our visits great.Special Features:
- great placepaullyDined on 8/22/2014Friendly accommodating staff. Somehow made reservations for day latter, buy they accommodated a party of eight without issues. Cold seafood appetizer platter was excellent. Very good wines, steak and fish. Very nice atmosphere with live jazz singers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014I made the reservations for a group of business associates. Even though we had a reservation, seating was an hour wait. Once seated, the service was poor and inattentive. Food arrived cold. I will no longer make reservations at this location for my business team dinners.
- Not up to expectationDavidVTDined on 8/21/2014Service was hurried, like they needed the table turned ASAP - hadn't finished cocktails when the appetizer arrived, and literally within 1 minute of finishing appetizer the entrees were served. Except, they forgot to put in our side orders so they came out mid-meal. They did comp dessert because of the sides issue, but we had great expectations based on reviews. Additionally, my scallop entree was, while not horrible, just totally lacking in taste, and one of the scallops was not fully cooked.
- large grouplumberjackDined on 8/20/2014We had a large group. Little crampt however food was excellent. One steak was cold when served but corrected promptly. But who eats steak at Rays? Great place in DT AtlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodggbuellVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good Service, nice presentation. Cool Bar. This is a nice place for a business dinner or a romantic getaway. Steaks and Seafood are both excellent. Extensive wine list. Reservations are helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent and the service was A++. We enjoyed the entire dining experience!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in AtlantaEarlDined on 8/17/2014Another Great Meal at Ray's. The oysters are the best and always fresh. The lobster special was very good and afordable. Rasberry cheesecake was out of sight. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Experiencefit2eatDined on 8/17/2014The food and the server was amazing!!! My girlfriend and I had lunch on Sunday and the menu for Restaurant Week had excellence selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service ruined the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014During restaurant week my husband and I went to Rays for dinner on a Saturday night. Had a reservation and was seated at a nice table right away. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. My husband had a steak and I had scallops, both of which were good. The only thing that was disappointing was the service. Our waitress rarely checked on us, and 20 minutes after we ordered dessert she came back to the table to tell my husband his dessert was no longer available. Then she made a mistake on the bill, overcharging us for our wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacevinoandsteaksDined on 8/16/2014This was a nice dining experience. It was a little price for what we got, but I do understand the location & need to charge more. The food was very good But the service could have been better. One down side, there was no valet parking, which meant a walk from the parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereCareyme57Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday here with a group of our friends. Restaurant exceeded our expectations. Great food, great ambience and great service. Matt, our waiter did an excellent job attending to us. Would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. Located in downtown Atlanta, close to many major hotels and attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food looked old or reheated and was not tasty. Definitely not for the foodie.
- Ray's in The CityPanther1Dined on 8/14/2014Ray's is an outstanding dining experience. Located in the heart of Atlanta, the restaurant features a great blend of seafood, steak, and unique Chef's creations. We have dined there for years and have always found the food, service, and atmosphere on par and sometimes better than the Capital Club (located nearby). Highly recommended.....love Ray's and compliments to the Chef.Special Features:
- Gret menus for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Went with two other couples, and each got one $25 meal and one $35 one. Just the right amount of food, and selections on both the $25 and $35 version were great, making us wish we could try them all.Special Features:
- restaurant week dissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014I am yet awaiting the eel sauce to accompany my sushi roll. Broiled plate lacked flavor and was not done to my liking.
- Enjoyable Date NightNYtoGADined on 8/13/2014I tried this restaurant during Downtown Atlanta restaurant week for an anniversary dinner. We had early reservations at 5:15pm so the restaurant was pretty empty. That may have allowed for the great service we received. Both the sushi and calamari appetizers were good. The seafood pasta I had for dinner was delicious! The cream sauce was light enough for the flavors of the seafood to remain. My fiancé's steak was cooked perfectly to medium rare. The flavor of the steak marinade was not to our liking but I think it was an Asian sauce so makes sense for the restaurant. The mashed potatoes were so buttery! Dessert was pre-made cheesecake but still tasted good. The regular menu was pricey so I would probably only return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFancypants820Dined on 8/10/2014We are visitors to Atlanta and go to Ray's in the City every time we come to market. The food is always awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunch But...TinzerVIPDined on 8/10/2014It's one of those restaurants that is clearly more attractive at night. During the day it is dreary, dirty, and smells old. That's right, it SMELLS old like it's been there for 100 years and they've never dusted. The AC units also drip on your head while you're eating. The food is good. I don't think I'd visit again. Been there done that. Not memorable.Special Features:
- Not Worth itJeffVIPDined on 8/9/2014Good food, OK service. Nothing wrong, but ultimately not worth it. There are dozens and dozens of places you can get the same quality food and service for 30-40% cheaper. It caters to business travelers on expense account. Even then, there are so many other places to blow dough? Skip it!
- Always a Pleasant Experience!gmasonDined on 8/9/2014Ray's In The City is a regular stop when we are in town for market. The food and the service are always great and consistent. My wife and I talk about going somewhere different, but always end up back at Ray's for dinner or just for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown RestaurantLuvmyRaysDined on 8/9/2014Food and atmosphere was vibrant and refreshing. Great place for "people-watching".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceTastyDinnerDined on 8/9/2014Reservations for a group of 8! The customer service that was provided was at its highest level, including recommendations and accommodations for food allergies. The salmon oscar was outstanding! We went during restaurant week so the price was very reasonable! I would definitely this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service QuestionableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I had made a reservation weeks in advance. Once we got there we were seated before a group without one. They were waited on long before us. I had to ask a server to have someone help us. We were never told who our server was and no one ever stopped to check on how our food was. It was great by the way.Special Features:
- Worth the MoneyTheLadyFromCincyDined on 8/8/2014My friend's & I, was in town for a family reunion. When we arrived we were greeted immediately and was seated. I would say the host was dry, didn't really smile; but, our waiter made up for what he was lacking. We was greeted by our waiter Andrew, who appeared very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendation's according to what we wanted to eat. We order crab legs which was OMG delicious, we got a pound of the king crab. Only thing about this is that I like cracking open my crab legs myself and they came out split. We also had filet mignon, crusted Parmesan scallops, Yukon gold whip potatoes, and fresh spinach. Everything was amazing & I highly recommend this restaurant and defiantly ask for Andrew!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I had a wonderful time with my lady..... I got points for a great night out .... Good Looking Big Play Rays...... LOL!Special Features:
- Good Lunch Meetng SpotJohnDined on 7/28/2014A really good 'go-to' place for a lunch meeting downtown. Convenient to just about everything and quiet enough to talk. Not a touristy kind of spot, so even in the midst of summer craziness you can have a good experience.Special Features:
- Everybody is pretendingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Re-read my title. That should say it all It's not a place for foodies. Highly not recommended.Special Features:
- Great Cocktails and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Went with a very large group (12) and had amazing service, great food and the cocktails are to die for. When you order something like a pomegranate martini, they don't just bring you a glass, they bring the whole darn shaker. Love it! We are going to make this our annual team dinner restaurant when we come to ATL. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and locationbahartDined on 7/23/2014Food , service and ambiance was perfect. It is a great place for both business and casual dining. seafood was delicious and the service was beyond my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been better for $$$$falconDined on 7/20/2014I was expecting very romantic dinner but received a subpar meal and service. Seated in a very nice dining room and at the table we requested but we were overlooked by the wait staff most of the night. We ordered a nice bottle of chardonnay, Oysters Rockefeller and Sushi; all were fantastic but expensive and slow to arrive at table. We shared the broiled seafood platter with cauliflower casserole; I hate to say but the cauliflower casserole was the best thing on the plate. This entrée consisted of a small piece (2-3 bites) of bland, mushy salmon, 3 plain shrimp, 3 tasty scallops and only one enjoyable but small, hush puppy sized, crab cake. Not impressed with small portions and unreliable food quality & service at this price point.
- Great Bar and RestaurantTheRaysDined on 7/19/2014We loved it. The food and atmosphere, great. Will go again when in Atlanta. The Rays (No,we are not related:>)Special Features:
- 2nd time heretxquadDined on 7/19/2014This is my second time dining at Rays. I went with a group this time and expected the service to be a little slower. It was not. The waiters did a great job handling us all. Food was fantastic. Definitely a go to place if you're in downtown Atlanta.Special Features:
- Relaxed Evening of DiningDaisygirl33Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrating our wedding anniversary. Restaurant was close to our hotel. Located on a busy street downtown, but once inside, the restaurant's atmosphere proved to be very calming and relaxed. We only ordered an entree' so if you're really hungry...order soup and salad, as well. The delicious salmon was cooked perfectly and the pork chop was very tender and juicy. We were presented a dessert in honor of our wedding anniversary. Nice touch to end a relaxed evening of celebrating our anniversary.
- Great Sushi, Seafood &Peach MartiniFlyDivaDined on 7/18/2014I usually go to Ray's for the seafood but we started with sushi at it was awesome!! By the time we received our entree's we were full. Also the peach martini is delightful!!!Special Features:
- Good value for the moneyRetrogalDined on 7/16/2014We took our office group out to Rays in the City, a party of 6. Service was professional and attentive, and the food was fabulous. We had a range of items, from the burger, crab cake sandwich, to the seafood platter. Everything was delicious, even the side item of creamed corn was special, and memorable (creamy with bacon and savory seasonings). We had a light desert (tangerine sorbet and the amazing key lime pie with macadamia crust) and our only lament was: where is the special chocolate desert? I hope someone at Ray's reads this review because their only 1 chocolate offering was a brownie with ice cream on it. Too ho hum for such a nice place. Boss paid the check without making a grimace, so we may get to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014On my A list of dining in down town ATL Great value Great business dinner location !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.