Ray's in the City
240 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's in the City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (404) 524-9224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ugo Okpareke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of items from seafood, sushi, sandwiches and platters, lunch or dinners. Please call for more information.
- Entertainment: Soothing live music, Wednesday thru Saturday, 6:00pm -10:00pm. Live jazz and piano by a variety of local entertainers.
- Cross Street: Andrew Young International/Harris
- Public Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking available after 5:00pm, up to 3 hours, in the Americasmart parking deck (next to Haveli). You can get to Ray’s in the City from Level A. Go through the entrance door, into the Merchandise Mart. Go right and walk through the bridge over Spring Street. Continue straight through the Mart to Peachtree Street. Ray’s in located on your left hand side.
A word from Ray's in the City
Ray's in the City is a casual seafood restaurant offering the best seasonal and fresh seafood available. Seafood is flown in daily from the Atlantic and Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ray's in the City reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (71)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (63)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (32)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (19)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- An Infrequent TravelerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2014Every so often my wife and I are both in agreement about how wonderful and memorable a dinning we experienced and going to Rays for the first time qualifies. The service was extremely friendly and helpful. My wife has very high standards in regards to scallops and she found the ones she was served met high standards. My steak was equally as good. Rays has jazz on certain nights and we were fortunate to hear it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014The music was excellent and just the right volume. All of the food was very good and arrived promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceFridolinDined on 11/19/2014Very nice restaurant with great food. Service is very friendly and ambience is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad serviceReginaldDined on 11/15/2014The food and drinks are excellent. The waiter we had wasn't as professional, especially for the prices we were paying. He took along time to grab my fiance's drink and blamed the wait time on the bar tender. However, the restaurant was basically empty. When we would ask for condiments he would walk away as we were speaking. The restaurant's decor was alittle dated and dusty.Special Features:
- Good food but service ehFoodieForLifeDined on 11/11/2014I went there for a business lunch. Rays in the City has a nice dining room, highlighted with a large fish tank. The lunch menu provided a good number of options. My colleague had the salmon spinach salad, she asked for the salmon a touch over medium, it looked well done (and dry). I had the cobb with grilled chicken. The grilled chicken was forgotten and arrived late, but the salad was good. Server was nice but not to be seen after delivering the food except for refilling water and delivering forgotten chicken. We had to ask for her to get the bill. Food took a while to arrive. Overall good food but plan on being here longer than expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Second visit and I'm still impressed. Our waiter was great the atmosphere was good. The food delicious!! I am planning to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out in AtlantaOutInAtlantaDined on 11/8/2014We ate at Ray's in the City to celebrate my partner's birthday. The food was pleasing and the wait staff were quick and attentive. We will return.Special Features:
- Rays in the City is a must!MisterTDined on 11/3/2014You'll not be disappointed with your dining experience at Ray's!Special Features:
- BombChelle129Dined on 10/31/2014I surprised my boyfriend on his birthday by taking him to Ray's. The FOOD was great!! I've never been to a restaurant and not taken home a to go box. I cleaned the plate. I had the seafood platter, and my boyfriend had the steak and lobster tail. The steak was the most tender steak I've ever tasted. Our server was great.. Very attentive and gave great recommendations for choices on the menu. Definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!EyecandyDined on 10/28/2014Staff was very friendly! No biggie, but my friend's ice tea almost looked like tinted water. The waiter was very nice and took it back and replaced it. We were served our meals, but did not have utensils until we flagged down another waiter and asked for some. He quickly took care of us, but you might want to mention the importance of "attention to detail". The food was excellent! I would certainly return for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dateMudWarriorDined on 10/28/2014Ray's in the City is a great restaurant for a romantic date evening. My wife and I had dinner there before seeing the Phantom of the Opera at the Fox and the setting was perfect. One of the partners was there and came around asking/talking to everyone about their experience. I have frequented Ray's on the Rover many times, but this was my first for Ray's in the City. I will say we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent as was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoebriggsDined on 10/25/2014Had birthday celebration on 25 October 2014. Excellent service and atmosphere. Food was tasty and well prepared. Very good establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsAladdinaDined on 10/19/2014Excellent seafood choices, all flown in fresh daily! I had the grouper and it was as good as eating it in Florida! I also had Rays chopped salad which was a very imaginitive and somewhat unusual mix and tasty. my entree came with just a very few green beans so if you want more veggies, you have to have them on the side.The wine list was very good, and the waiter was knowledgeable about it. Noise level was a bit higher than I would prefer, but the live music playing was fun and very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousbuyerDined on 10/18/2014Great sushi, entrees, drinks, and service. The restaurant honored the booth seating in the room we requested and the experience is always fantastic.Special Features:
- Awesome!Lms410Dined on 10/17/2014Best place in downtown Atlanta. So good we returned the very next night! Superb food, great live music, and lively scene! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Top class food. Very flavoursome a a presented very well, the services was very good and overall a very enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok. Nice waiterNotsosavvytravelerDined on 10/12/2014Had the grouper. Iat tasted like it had been cooked earlier and left covered in an oven. Atmosphere was nice. Waiter was friendly and watched from afar to make sure we didn't need anything, but didn't feel rushed. Fine if you're in town and need a place close to the Hyatt or other nearby hotels. Not a destination restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddmays1632Dined on 10/11/2014We chose this restaurant for a romantic evening. We requested a booth but we're given a table next to a large group who was very loud. However, I know this is out of the restaurants hands and the food definitely made up for the noise level. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Our concierge could not get us a reservation so we tried open table and got one in the time slot we preferred. Always a treat to go to Rays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad we found thisseattlecamperVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ray's was a great choice as both the service & the food were great. I had a surf & turf special with scallops instead of lobster. My wife had a filet with shrimp. We had the oysters rockefeller for our appetizer. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive w/o being too at-your-table. Great job! If I had to nit-pick it was that the meal didn't come with bread. I did notice other tables had bread when we walked out. Our waiter neither tried to sell us any nor provided any, so I thought that was kind of strange. But listen, I'm actually glad we didn't get bread so I wasn't too full, & I could have asked at any time. He did a great job, answered all questions w/o having to run off for answers, and the food was terrific. A++Special Features:
- Stick with seafoodAustinHVIPDined on 10/4/2014I went steak. Everyone else at the table went seafood. Mine was less than ok. Every other dish I tasted was phenomenal though.
- Tasty and elegantWelikefoodDined on 10/3/2014This was our 2nd time to go to Ray's while visiting Atlanta. Will return again. Very good fresh seafood and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tvbigredDined on 10/3/2014I selected Rays for its promotion for having fresh seafood selections. I was celebrating my birthday with my boyfriend and three friends. We thoroughly enjoyed the service, food and the specialty drinks. I am well travelled and can honestly say, the food was well presented and taste delicious. I would recommend the place for food preparation alone. Also the wait time between drinks , ordering and full service was very efficient and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisirFriendlyDined on 10/2/2014I wsd in Atlanta for a confetence. When awsy from home I try to find a spot to splurge a little, what I found was a very reasonably priced gem serving excellent seafood. I orderef the seafood platter (blackened) and was quite happy. Our wsiter, Jerreth, was great. He was friendly and very knowledgeable. I will ask for him on my nect visit. My only issue with Ray's is the noise levels. You can hear everyone's conversations and we felt we had to talk loudly as our dining mate could hear. If there was a way to defuse the noice thete would be no complaint about Ray'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get an appetizer...you'll need itFoodluverDined on 9/29/2014While the food was very good, it took a long time for us to receive our entrees. Thankfully in our party of 4, we all ordered appetizers. It was a good 30-45 minutes from the time we ordered our food until it was served. The food was amazing but the service could use a little boost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance ... so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Husband and I decided to give this a shot after being unable to reserve a table at Georgia Browns Juke Joint. Loved the atmosphere! Live jazz, soft blue lights- very romantic and intimate. I ordered the fresh Georgia trout with cauliflower and he ordered a filet with cheesy Mac and we also ordered the creamer corn. The trout was wonderful, the cauliflower was good too! His steak, according to him, wasn't overly impressive. The cream corn was good but had a very smokey, meaty taste.... a little too much for my liking. Our waiter was decent- not as attentive as he should have been but decent. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would come back just for the live music!Special Features:
- Excellent find!TexasVisitorDined on 9/25/2014I was in the city for for an awards ceremony and was looking for a enjoyable place to dine and celebrate. I don't think I could have made a better choice. Everyone in my party of five thoroughly enjoyed everything that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely horrible experienceSeafoodloverDined on 9/24/2014I took my partner to Rays for her birthday and I wish I'd selected another restaurant. The waiter seemed completely not interested in us or anyone else for that matter. My $32 scallop were over cooked & the manager literally told me that he gave me someone else's order! Are you kidding me? The bill was $89 for 2 people without any alcohol. Save your money and go someplace else.
- Great menu!!MikeVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great spot, excellent service and a wonderful menu. This restaurant was a great find, I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent Service!New2ATLDined on 9/20/2014Decided to try Rays In The City as I had seen a piece on the 3 restaurants on a local show "Atlanta Eats". I am new to Atlanta having recently moved here from New Jersey. I've dined at some of the best restaurants in America and rate Rays In The City an overall 7 out of 10. The food was outstanding and the service to match. My wife and I went there for our anniversary dinner and were very pleased. The only negative is it's in downtown ATL and parking was a REAL headache. The parking deck around the corner was full and we were lucky to find a spot on the top level. They validate your parking ticket for a specific parking garage but I could not locate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up!RealMcCoyDined on 9/20/2014Took my wife on our one year anniversary. The ambiance is nice, location is good and outside atmosphere brings you in! Hostes was sweet and said 'happy anniversay" because I told them when making the reservation. Service was awkard with several servers coming and going, none of which were great. But very timely in a weird way. Apps were best part of the meal, sushi and mussels, but the rest was very sub-par for my expectations and budget. Service was hit and miss, not very personalbe and didn't make us feel special. I would recommend only for sushi. Didn't live up to the hype, website, or moderate expecations. Overall a C+ Mostly for poor food/ entrees and service that lack solidarity and touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We are in Atlanta for business regularly and this place is by far our favorite restaurant to dine in. The vibe in the bar is great, the service staff are always friendly, professional and attentive. The food here is excellent. I had the Parmesan Crusted Scallops and this place knocks them out of the park! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food - not so great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014The restaurant was very busy with convention goers. After being seated, waited 10-15 minutes without ever seeing any wait staff. Finally, got up & found a waitress to take our orders. Service remained slow even after that. The food was excellent however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueannDined on 9/16/2014Being in town for a convention and this is a good place to go. Good seafood. The wait staff was very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicep3daveDined on 9/15/2014This was my second visit to Ray's in the City and it didn't disapoint. Closing time was 10 PM and we arrived at 9:30PM there was no rush and in fact when we left at 10:40PM there were still a few other folks there. Great restaurnant in downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriDined on 9/15/2014Reservation for 10 people - EXCELLENT!! Every year our convention is in Atlanta, we are sure to go to Ray's!Special Features:
- braves07Dined on 9/15/2014Great spot when you have a conference in downtown Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service but loud and hotbeanie8875Dined on 9/13/2014Service was great. The acoustics were awful and it was hot.food was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!CocoSchoDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I are both teachers, so we don't always get to go out. However, we were celebrating our 5th anniversary on Saturday & I am so pleased we chose Ray's in the City as our celebration destination. The food was wonderful, but most importantly we were WELL taken care of by our servers. They were so kind & they made us feel very special! We will definitely return to Ray's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Incredible crab cakes. The best I've ever eaten. Authentic mashed potatoes with asparagus on steroids!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.