Ray's in the City
240 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ray's in the City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raysrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4045249224x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ugo Okpareke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of items from seafood, sushi, sandwiches and platters, lunch or dinners. Please call for more information.
- Entertainment: Soothing live music, Wednesday thru Saturday, 6:00pm -10:00pm. Live jazz and piano by a variety of local entertainers.
- Cross Street: Andrew Young International/Harris
- Public Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking available after 5:00pm, up to 3 hours, in the Americasmart parking deck (next to Haveli). You can get to Ray’s in the City from Level A. Go through the entrance door, into the Merchandise Mart. Go right and walk through the bridge over Spring Street. Continue straight through the Mart to Peachtree Street. Ray’s in located on your left hand side.
A word from Ray's in the City
Ray's in the City is a casual seafood restaurant offering the best seasonal and fresh seafood available. Seafood is flown in daily from the Atlantic and Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ray's in the City reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)good for groups (66)romantic (63)fit for foodies (59)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (31)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (18)great for brunch (15)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great Food, Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Decided to try Rays In The City as I had seen a piece on the 3 restaurants on a local show "Atlanta Eats". I am new to Atlanta having recently moved here from New Jersey. I've dined at some of the best restaurants in America and rate Rays In The City an overall 7 out of 10. The food was outstanding and the service to match. My wife and I went there for our anniversary dinner and were very pleased. The only negative is it's in downtown ATL and parking was a REAL headache. The parking deck around the corner was full and we were lucky to find a spot on the top level. They validate your parking ticket for a specific parking garage but I could not locate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife on our one year anniversary. The ambiance is nice, location is good and outside atmosphere brings you in! Hostes was sweet and said 'happy anniversay" because I told them when making the reservation. Service was awkard with several servers coming and going, none of which were great. But very timely in a weird way. Apps were best part of the meal, sushi and mussels, but the rest was very sub-par for my expectations and budget. Service was hit and miss, not very personalbe and didn't make us feel special. I would recommend only for sushi. Didn't live up to the hype, website, or moderate expecations. Overall a C+ Mostly for poor food/ entrees and service that lack solidarity and touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We are in Atlanta for business regularly and this place is by far our favorite restaurant to dine in. The vibe in the bar is great, the service staff are always friendly, professional and attentive. The food here is excellent. I had the Parmesan Crusted Scallops and this place knocks them out of the park! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food - not so great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014The restaurant was very busy with convention goers. After being seated, waited 10-15 minutes without ever seeing any wait staff. Finally, got up & found a waitress to take our orders. Service remained slow even after that. The food was excellent however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueannDined on 9/16/2014Being in town for a convention and this is a good place to go. Good seafood. The wait staff was very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicep3daveDined on 9/15/2014This was my second visit to Ray's in the City and it didn't disapoint. Closing time was 10 PM and we arrived at 9:30PM there was no rush and in fact when we left at 10:40PM there were still a few other folks there. Great restaurnant in downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriDined on 9/15/2014Reservation for 10 people - EXCELLENT!! Every year our convention is in Atlanta, we are sure to go to Ray's!Special Features:
- braves07Dined on 9/15/2014Great spot when you have a conference in downtown Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service but loud and hotbeanie8875Dined on 9/13/2014Service was great. The acoustics were awful and it was hot.food was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!CocoSchoDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I are both teachers, so we don't always get to go out. However, we were celebrating our 5th anniversary on Saturday & I am so pleased we chose Ray's in the City as our celebration destination. The food was wonderful, but most importantly we were WELL taken care of by our servers. They were so kind & they made us feel very special! We will definitely return to Ray's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Incredible crab cakes. The best I've ever eaten. Authentic mashed potatoes with asparagus on steroids!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TtnoahDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was steps away from our hotel. The food was fabulous and the service impeccable. We will be back.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD, COOL RESTAURANTDAWG1981Dined on 9/6/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. i got a surf and turf special which was outstanding. my wife got a whole lobster which was good but very small. service was very good. enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!KrystaDined on 8/31/2014Second time visiting Ray's! It will become a tradition when I am in Atlanta, I think. Really wonderful food, especially delicious oysters. Impeccable service. Everything you want in a high class restaurant. Love it!Special Features:
- Never coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014The dinner started out fine. Our waiter went over specials, gave us time to look at the menu, and we made our choices. He delivered the bisque, which was admittedly delicious, though this was the last good part of our experience. The waiter disappeared. We saw him twice more through the night, though it was as if he was avoiding the table. Once we asked where the appetizer was. We had ordered sashimi, which had been drying out on a platter somewhere, The steak was delivered promptly and cooked rare as requested, but the flavor was destroyed as the filet mignon was soaked in some kind of BBQ sauce. We were also given bread to start on after the meal was finished. After waiting a while for the waiter, we asked someone else to deliver the bill
- OverpricedSealoverDined on 8/31/2014The amount we paid was not worth what we got. A dozen fresh oysters in the half shell was $30 and they were the tiniest oysters I've ever seen. Tiny thin piece of oyster that didn't even feel like an appetizer after eating the entire dozen. This was a big disappointment because I was really craving oysters and that's the whole reason we chose this restaurant. The broiled seafood platter I got was seasoned well, but the lobster was a bit over-cooked and my salmon was very under-cooked. I must say that the scallops I had were cooked perfectly. My fiancé and I split the lobster risotto (shareable side) but it was overdone and pasty. My fiancé got the filet and crab cake special. His steak was cooked perfectly and was super tender.Special Features:
- Victory DinnerBamaFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, not great, but the overall experience made up for it. Had great service and loved the atmosphere. Would definitely return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Not a great experience and not terrible, just not up to expectations. Seemed to have lots of wait staff but our water never got refilled, ordered a second glass of wine and took a long time coming, salad not served with others, had to ask. Food was good but not great. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Raves for Ray's in the CityWCD1954Dined on 8/30/2014Over the Labor Day weekend, my wife and I were in downtown Atlanta for the annual DragonCon conference. Mid afternoon, it was decided that we should have dinner with some friends who live in the area. I was able to get a reservation on pretty short notice (we would have waited) and got a great table in the area off the main dining room. As always, the food was amazing and the service was stellar! I've seen it many times, but the presentation of the shrimp cocktail is always a show unto itself. Rays' is in the top 3 in the city for preparation of the local favorite, Maytag bleu cheese potato chips, and they did not disappoint. My entree was the parmesan crusted scallops over lobster risotto...excellent!!! AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at DragonConOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We were attending DragonCon and had dinner at Ray's. As usual for their restaurant the food was very good, the service attentive and the views of all the folks walking by the window from the front dining room were priceless.Special Features:
- an atlanta favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Everytime we go to Atlanta we make a point to eat here. The food is excellent, fresh, and served efficiently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placepeatreeDined on 8/29/2014We eat at Ray's at least once every time we come to Atlanta. The sushi is delicious. We've never had a bad dish there nor a less than exceptional server. We especially love Lonnie & Andrew. The live music is wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014This restaurant always provides a fun experience. The food is very good, entertainment terrific and service superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014My favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Great seafood. Freshest fish and oysters flown in from northwest and northeast so cold all year long. Just a really good restaurant with consistently good fish and steaksSpecial Features:
- great find downtown atlantastantravelerDined on 8/26/2014Made reservations the first night and returned with my wife the second while visiting. Both visits were fabulous - food, service and vibe were all spot on. Will definitely make this a regular stop when we return. Sit in the bar area to people watch and admire the beautiful aquarium.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulEatDrinkLiveDined on 8/25/2014What more can I say? We always have a wonderful time due to the excellent staff and superior food. Thank you for making our visits great.Special Features:
- great placepaullyDined on 8/22/2014Friendly accommodating staff. Somehow made reservations for day latter, buy they accommodated a party of eight without issues. Cold seafood appetizer platter was excellent. Very good wines, steak and fish. Very nice atmosphere with live jazz singers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodwefinedoeDined on 8/22/2014dat mac and cheese doe. oh ma gad. Rays was as good as expected. The steak was well prepared and the lobster was great.Special Features:
- Very PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014I made the reservations for a group of business associates. Even though we had a reservation, seating was an hour wait. Once seated, the service was poor and inattentive. Food arrived cold. I will no longer make reservations at this location for my business team dinners.
- Not up to expectationDavidVTDined on 8/21/2014Service was hurried, like they needed the table turned ASAP - hadn't finished cocktails when the appetizer arrived, and literally within 1 minute of finishing appetizer the entrees were served. Except, they forgot to put in our side orders so they came out mid-meal. They did comp dessert because of the sides issue, but we had great expectations based on reviews. Additionally, my scallop entree was, while not horrible, just totally lacking in taste, and one of the scallops was not fully cooked.
- large grouplumberjackDined on 8/20/2014We had a large group. Little crampt however food was excellent. One steak was cold when served but corrected promptly. But who eats steak at Rays? Great place in DT AtlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodggbuellVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good Service, nice presentation. Cool Bar. This is a nice place for a business dinner or a romantic getaway. Steaks and Seafood are both excellent. Extensive wine list. Reservations are helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent and the service was A++. We enjoyed the entire dining experience!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in AtlantaEarlDined on 8/17/2014Another Great Meal at Ray's. The oysters are the best and always fresh. The lobster special was very good and afordable. Rasberry cheesecake was out of sight. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Experiencefit2eatDined on 8/17/2014The food and the server was amazing!!! My girlfriend and I had lunch on Sunday and the menu for Restaurant Week had excellence selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service ruined the experienceAlaskaDined on 8/16/2014During restaurant week my husband and I went to Rays for dinner on a Saturday night. Had a reservation and was seated at a nice table right away. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. My husband had a steak and I had scallops, both of which were good. The only thing that was disappointing was the service. Our waitress rarely checked on us, and 20 minutes after we ordered dessert she came back to the table to tell my husband his dessert was no longer available. Then she made a mistake on the bill, overcharging us for our wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacevinoandsteaksDined on 8/16/2014This was a nice dining experience. It was a little price for what we got, but I do understand the location & need to charge more. The food was very good But the service could have been better. One down side, there was no valet parking, which meant a walk from the parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereCareyme57Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday here with a group of our friends. Restaurant exceeded our expectations. Great food, great ambience and great service. Matt, our waiter did an excellent job attending to us. Would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. Located in downtown Atlanta, close to many major hotels and attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food looked old or reheated and was not tasty. Definitely not for the foodie.
- Ray's in The CityPanther1Dined on 8/14/2014Ray's is an outstanding dining experience. Located in the heart of Atlanta, the restaurant features a great blend of seafood, steak, and unique Chef's creations. We have dined there for years and have always found the food, service, and atmosphere on par and sometimes better than the Capital Club (located nearby). Highly recommended.....love Ray's and compliments to the Chef.Special Features: