Ray’s and Stark Bar at LACMA
5905 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ray’s and Stark Bar at LACMA
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.raysandstarkbar.com/
- Phone: 3238576180x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Saturdays and Sundays 10AM–3PM
LUNCH: Weekdays 11:30AM–3PM
DINNER: Nightly 5–10PM
BAR: Open Daily Til 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Viet Pham
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Ray’s and Stark Bar at LACMA
Ray's offers a bold, farm-to-table Mediterranean menu based on seasonal, local ingredients and the restaurant's wood burning oven and grill. A separate bar and lounge, Stark Bar, offers handcrafted, seasonal cocktails, local artisan beers a California based wine list, and 20 different mineral waters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ray’s and Stark Bar at LACMA reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (123)fit for foodies (99)great for lunch (86)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (48)great for brunch (38)special occasion (36)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (27)romantic (22)good for groups (20)scenic view (20)late-night find (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were in Los Angeles for the LACMA and the restaurant was packed, though we were seated within a few minutes of our reservation time. Although we were warned that our food might take a while, we were served pretty quickly. The food was good and the service was very good, considering how very busy the restaurant was. We would definitely try Rays again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Fantastic food, great wine! Excellent service! The staff was so friendly and the service was quick. We placed our order and it came quickly.Special Features:
- A complete day at LACMAJohnVIPDined on 10/16/2014Nothing better than a very nice lunch before or after spending time at LACMA ... Ray's provides great food and exceptional service to make the day complete ...Special Features:
- generally love itcomfortfoodieDined on 10/14/2014When crowded it is quite noisy, but the decor, service and innovative menu almost make up for it--not to mention the location at the museum. Wish there were some way to tone down the noise at busy loud times (more fabric?). Service is impeccable. The tables with their silverware drawers always intrigue. So beautifully done. And my delightful server even brought me a black napkin "lest i get white lint on my black dress." How cool is that? Great for a lady's lunch or a nice lunch with the husband.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Dined on 9/24/2014 I had an important introductory business meeting (a career opportunity) in Beverly Hills with the corporate president from an East Coast based company. We needed a restaurant that was convenient to his hotel, was opened late and would make an impression of LA iconic dining. Our experience exceeded all of my expectations from the follow-up on my reservation; the accommodating our need to be able to conduct some important "meet & greet" discussions (we were seated at a back corner table with a more subdued noise level) and a memorable dining experience. Rays provided all of this! And as it happened, my visiting guest was born in Italy and found the menu choices high quality of authentic Italian cuisine. 5 Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Amazing Cocktails, went to the Hollywood Costume Exhibition and afterwards to the Stark Bar. Great themed cocktails and fast service. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Love it there, interesting menu, fast and knowledgeable serviceSpecial Features:
- Great OneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Loved it. It was my second time. Great service and very friendly staff! The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Everything was great I have been to Italy several times and it brought back memories . The food and what the waiter recommended was perfect . We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014The food is always excellent, the service attentive - just an all around lovely place to dine when you're at LACMASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okDaisyMaeDined on 10/6/2014Over priced. Menu trying way too hard. Portions small. Food quality borderline. We were at the museum and that was the restaurant. Room is nice. Setting is nice. Service pretty good but trying to up-sell. let's leave it at this: they are offering the first ever WATER tasting for $50/person.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014I took my boyfriend out for his birthday and it was amazing. We were promptly greeted when we walked in, they pulled up my reservation and wished him a happy birthday. Our wait staff was very helpful giving us great suggestions and more detail about the menu items. We started with the grilled romaine salad, the dressing was exceptional. He had the spaghetti which he was very impressed with; I had the tuna also very delicious. The best part though was the dessert & candle they surprised him with. It was a beautiful day at LACMA filled with amazing food great and fast service & wonderful memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We truly loved our meal, everything was delicious! I had the squid ink pasta, it was the best I have ever had, and the portion was good. My husband had the steak and eggs, and he said they were perfect! We had great service and a wonderful day at LACMA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We had a great time. The staff was fast, friendly and professional. The outdoor eating area is fun to watch people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014All the ingredients are absolutely top notch. The pizza incorporates a variety of different toppings you just wont find anywhere else. The crust is perfect. It is crispy while still have just a little chew. Keep in mind though, this is Gourmet Pizza. Although I had a wonderful time and the food and service were great, I personally still prefer a old fashion new york style. If you are in the mood to try really unique food with fresh ingredients and a hip atmosphere, I can't think of a better place to go. Bravisimo Joachim!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray's and Stark Bar RocksSLCmaDined on 10/2/2014I love an outing to LACMA with lunch here. I tried a new cocktail on the Hollywood Costume tribute list--the one for Dallas Buyers' Club--and had to call the next day for the recipe. My friend loved the Octoberfest beer. The food, while not cheap, is locavore, high quality and interesting. Best thing at lunch is to split an imaginative salad and pizza (Calabrian, mmm) to keep the bill under control. We sat chatting for 2 and a half hours, no problem. Great service, which I could remember the gal's name. Too bad you can't get a few dollars off parking for LACMA when eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Ah, the pizza crust is delicious! The meatballs were perfect (and I don't even eat beef) and the desserts is, as always, a treat. Great service. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Love this place. Took the misses there for our 10th, sat at the patio (which we requested as this is our favorite spot to sit). Asked for a light dry red and they recommended an excellent drop that was at a very reasonable price. Cauliflower and Hamachi as appetizers - both delicious. Lamb pizza as main course, just amazing. Memories of the old country. Chocolate for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO BRUNCH ITEMSFoodnikVIPDined on 9/28/2014I expected at least one egg dish, omelet, pancake item on a Sunday at 11:30 am. Nope. The only likely dish was chilaquillas and it was disgusting. No salsa or cheese, just spices on limp tortilla chips on top of shredded meat of some kind. Whole thing topped with a crumbled haed boiled egg. Dry, spicy and inedible!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Wife and I had lunch Saturday - steak was perfect, johnny cakes was exceptional and the cocktails were awesome. Zero complaints about anything - service was impeccable - we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The waiter Paul was super friendly and made the experience more enjoyable. The mushroom pizza was to die for! Everything our group ordered exceeded our expectations. The squid ink was a very good pasta option with a different flare. It was my birthday and they brought me out a dessert from the restaurant. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food and Service was Great, only size of Food was really smallI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was amazing, from out specially made cocktails, the bread, salads and finally pasta dishes. We ordered way too much food but couldn't stop eating. Ray's is a bit out of the way for me, but will be returning soon and would celebrate a special occasion there for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Excellent food choices including plenty of vegan and vegetarian fare. Creative dishes. I have never had even as much as a mediocre meal at this place. Great beer selection. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peolpe watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I have been going there for the past 2 yrs. I love this place. Food is great. Service is awesome, and the ambiance is the best. Nice for people watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food here was delicious. The crispy farro salad was flavorful, and filling without being too much. My date's romaine salad was equally delicious - really flavorful, not too heavy. It's rare to find a place that can do clean food that is really well seasoned and exciting to eat, and that's exactly what Ray's has done. Service is attentive - I'll be coming back soon for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice LA restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I was recommended Ray's as was visiting LA from London for a few days and it didn't disappoint. The food and atmosphere were great and the staff were really friendly and gave great food suggestions. I'd highly reccomend Ray's and I was ever in LA again I'd definitely be trying to book a table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfabrixxDined on 9/21/2014Good food, good service, hot vibe, good art. What else do you need to enjoy a great day at LACMA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchFoodieDined on 9/20/2014It is always nice to combine a good meal and a trip to LACMA for a wonderful day. My friend and I shared the short rib sandwich (delicious) and the Farro/brocolini ( good- but a tad sweet for me) and the panna cotta with berries was fantastic. I always enjoy my meals here.Special Features:
- Great time at LACMAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great time for us. Each dish was prepared beautifully with great flavors. Noise level was perfect. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is just so good. We booked through Open Table, I was sent an email and received a phone call to confirm, was contacted again to double check on my food allergy. The service at the restaurant was above and beyond, attentive and so friendly. Our waitress was amazing and super fun, she helped guide us through the food and drink menus (as we could have ordered everything it all looked so good). Food was incredible, everything so delicious, and small portions so we got to try a lot of different things, each bite we took oozed with unique flavors that were completely unexpected. The downside: the price, if you're looking for a cheap dinner, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberedFoodXplorerDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the cheese plate, but they were a bit stingy on the amount: 3 thin slices. The Diver Scallops were delicious. We were disappointed that, having made reservations well in advance, we couldn't be seated outside with the music (it was jazz night), but that was my fault for not specifying that in the reservation. Inside, the ambiance was pretty blah. I might eat here again if I happen to be here for an exhibit and I could eat outside, but otherwise, no.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant at the MuseumfabrixxDined on 9/18/2014I was very pleased with the restaurant, great food, interesting drink menus and excellent service. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I can't even think of the words to describe just how great our experience was. A great wine list that could please any palate. Excellent service from ALL (wait staff, water-menu!!!, bussers, runners, everyone!). The food was to-die-for. The homemade pasta dish are amazing. Thank You LACMA to provide us with these amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014First time for lunch with mom then brunch with my hubby. We started with a great Bloody Mary - nice spicy. Loved the celery and the big ice cubes. I had the Chopped Salad and my hubby had the Hamachi. Both were delicious and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Hostess and server were very attentive and friendly. Very personalize service of the manager Martin.Special Features:
- Nice place at the LACMAMarcLADined on 9/16/2014Ok place to meet when at the LACMA. What kills me is that they don't validate for parking anymore. That $12 added to the tab. Food is pricey
- Not llke it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We've been there several times and enjoyed the food, service, ambiance, etc. This time was a total disappointment. The food was excellent, but the rest: poor. The dining room was closed so we ate outside with lots of bar noise and traffic near us, plastic tables, water served without ice, very limited menu, slow service, mischarged on the wine, mix-up with credit card (ours temporarily charged to another table). We won't go there again.Special Features:
- A great findMableDined on 9/14/2014We decided to have lunch at Ray & Stark Bar at LACMA after the Expressionists show. The food was excellent...we had roasted romaine salad and a pizza. Both wre absolutely delicious. For desert, rum cake. Wonderful. Great wine and beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Patina gem!FoodisTheatreVIPDined on 9/13/2014I'm one Angeleno who appreciates that Patina has raised the bar on event cuisine in our city. This was our first visit to Ray's and it won't be our last! Superb service, superb bar, superb food. My starter was sauteed cauliflower -- I could have consumed a bucket of it. Crispy, flavorful with a touch of heat. Followed up by the hanger steak -- beautiful on the eyes and on the palate, it melts in your mouth like a fine filet. Husband had a 3-cheese (choose your own) plate and the heirloom tomato/burrata plate were absolutely delicious works of art. Diverse bar menu and the only water menu I've ever seen in L.A., we look forward to returning! Soon!Special Features:
- just weird foodcriticDined on 9/13/2014this restaurant has too weird of a menu to make this a functional and useful restaurant at a museum. This restaurant is on the premises of a public institution and should not be so veeerrry offbeat.Special Features: