RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
One Ritz Carlton Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/LagunaRAYA
- Phone: 9492402000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Pedro Contreras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
RAYA, a restaurant concept by Richard Sandoval, showcases Pan-Latin Coastal Cuisine prepared with sustainable seafood, local produce, natural and organic meats, and Chef Sandoval’s signature Latin flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel - Best Restaurants in Laguna Niguel ›
RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)special occasion (55)romantic (46)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- xxxoooDined on 9/24/2014A++++++++ Richard and his staff gave outstanding service!Special Features:
- Gorgeous View, Excellent ServiceLoveItDined on 9/16/2014The restaurant is very inviting. We had a table right next to the floor-to-ceiling window, which provided a spectacular view of the ocean waves and the sunset. The service was excellent. We never waited for anything we desired. Food was very good. Lobster tacos and the swordfish dip were excellent starters. Seafood risotto and scallops with pork belly were great entrees. Kids mac and cheese was also delicious. The only disappointment was the halibut, which was a tad dry and lacked flavor. Interesting signature drinks as well. Great find for occasional dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphereKenBVIPDined on 9/14/20145 stars on all of the above. I had the scallops, my friend had the prawns, both dishes selected at the recommendation of the waiter. The servers were attentive but didn't hover. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HospitalityThe1Eater1Dined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed the food, the scenic view, but most of all we enjoyed the kindness and professionalism of the staff. We were very impressed. Jordan was our server and she couldn't have done a better job. The people that helped her were also very efficient and attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tens on all levels!SMJPerezDined on 9/7/2014We had amazing service, an incredible view and a meal the melted in your mouth with every bite! Our waitress was wonderful and gave very detailed recommendations with the food choices and listened to what we liked and made suggestions based on that. There is not a bad seat at the RAYA! Every seat has a wonderful of the Laguna Coast, you can gaze upon the sailboats as you dine. The six-course Sunday brunch is well worth the price with an added bonus of unlimited drinks, including the alcohol. I give it a 10 for all levels of service, dining and ambiance!Special Features:
- Great Views, Very Romantic DinneralexDined on 9/5/2014Great views, amazing food, great service. We will definitely be back and will recommend to friends and family. One note .I came a little and requested a view table for 2 people. They said they would give us the next available. No problem. Great service there. I wanted to meet my guest when she arrived and explained that to the host, but she informed me that the table can only be held for 5 minutes. So I walked back to the restaurant, got the table, sat down for 1 minute, ordered a drink, and then went back to the lobby for my date. Since I had a reservation, and the table was mine because the host said so, it's trivial for any guest to physically have to go to the table just to confirm and hold the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerOCfoodieDined on 9/2/2014I wanted a new, special place to take my boyfriend for his birthday -- we have been to Studio and Andrea's. Raya was lovely -- fabulous view, attentive service, and delectable food. We shared several items on the menu (mussels in saffron broth, Iberica arugula salad, scallops, and the seafood risotto). Everything was delicious. There was a special note on the table to honor my boyfriend's birthday, and he was presented with a lovely dessert at the end of the evening. Our waiter was attentive without being overbearing and decanted the special bottle of wine we brought with us right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TigreVIPDined on 8/22/2014attentive service, well-presented food, to die for cheese ball rolls - and the best lobster salad I have eater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday DinnerCantgetenoughofHawaiiDined on 8/17/2014Raya, was exceptional start to finish. It was my wife's birthday and the hostess, waitress and server all wished her a Happy Birthday. Our server was personable and made terrific recommendations. The view is second to none and the food while not over the top inventive was executed flawlessly. The ahi ceviche, scallops and prawns were the standouts for us. Looks like we found a new special occasion restaurant and hopefully a new place to get drinks and appetizers as well.Special Features:
- GrocDined on 8/14/2014Raya at the Ritz-Carlton is the place to go for any special occasion. We went for our 26th wedding anniversary. Our table was ready when we arrived and was set especially for us. I had the halibut and my husband had the filet. The halibut was beautifully seared on the outside and white and flaky on the inside. The filet was a nice size and had a chipolte rub on it. Both came with wonderful sides. They have several specialty cocktails and a nice wine list. We had a wonderful meal and a lovely evening here.Special Features:
- Overpriced UnderwelmedBelleDiningVIPDined on 8/11/2014My family and I dine out every night, we couldn't have been more disappointed with the food at Raya, not only was the taste horrible, but the dishes were extremely small and overpriced. We don't mind small portions, as long as the taste is superb which wasn't the case. We will never return to this restaurant
- OutstandingJermoDined on 8/11/2014Went to Raya for my wife's birthday. Everything was perfect. Every staff member we dealt with wished her happy birthday and our table had a rose and beautiful birthday card waiting. The food was excellent and the service impeccable. It is pricey as you might expect from the Ritz but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantnicknameforreviewsDined on 7/27/2014Did a great job for birthday dinner, nice view and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply terrific!josephnlVIPDined on 7/19/2014Raya has it all...wonderful food, excellent service and the best coastal view in California!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorgeouskrasherDined on 7/18/2014Everything was just as we hoped it would be for a special occasion dinner. Gorgeous view, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/16/2014View is spectacular. Food was very good, not exceptional. Wine prices are ridiculous. $22 for a glass of Cakebread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !fabulousDaisydogDined on 7/12/2014Fabulous from beginning to end including food and service . Def a seafood restaurant. Needs a pasta on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PleasedVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food and service are exceeded only by the incredible view! Corn soup and the various seafood dishes are tremendous! We ate there twice in five days, and the experience was 5 stars each time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Raya is definitely a classy establishment and I had an amazing experience here for my birthday. Thank you for everything Raya!Special Features:
- Raya in the Ritz-CarltonZn44VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have visited Raya a number of times. It is our top restaurant for the well presented food, attentive service and superb ocean views. The friendly hostesses greet you by your name. You will not be disappointed, if you decide to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experiencebugzDined on 6/29/2014We took my Dad to Raya for brunch on his 80th birthday. The service was impeccable, as you would expect at a Ritz Carlton. Everyone loved their courses, and will be back again.Special Features:
- Expected something different...suzjDined on 6/29/2014Was disappointed... did not know that you no longer had the buffet.. it's been a few years.... a little more noisy... not as intimate...food was spectacular... but specifically asked not be be seated next to a bus station... and was seated directly behind one at the stairs... and had a kid screaming next to us the entire time....Special Features:
- Wonderful!PleasedVIPDined on 6/28/2014Breathtaking view, great food and service! Terrific atmosphere. Corn soup is to die for and great seafood choices! Outstanding! Did I mention the view?Special Features:
- Great food and service, but noisy!MarkODined on 6/27/2014Raya is in the lobby area of the beautiful Ritz-Carlton property at Dana Point. The view of the Pacific Ocean from the window tables is breathtaking. The food is delicious, with an emphasis on fresh seafood. The service is near-perfect. We dined at 7:30 on a Friday evening for a birthday celebration and were expecting a relaxed, romantic occasion. Then, the bar table area behind the restaurant started to fill with energetic patron. The noise level reached the point where I had to strain to hear the person seated next to me. Hearing our server was almost impossible. The server apologized for the noise but there was obviously nothing she could do about it. We enjoyed our meal, but did not stay for coffee and dessert. Too noisy.Special Features:
- luv2dine2VIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent restaurant with a creative and outstanding menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealMrsCDined on 6/22/2014And amazing service. We had a very knowledgable waitress that steered us in the right direction over the wine list. It was my husbands birthday and they really went the extra mile to make it a special occasion.Special Features:
- Gorgeous delicious dinner!luv2dineDined on 6/7/2014The service was very personal. The food incredible, all while looking at the beautiful ocean watching a fantastic sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 420 reviews are from the RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reviews archive.
- Fantastic view of sunsetMrsCDined on 5/31/2014Remarkable food and setting. Definitely worth a repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 5/30/2014RAYA is categorized by Open Table as a "casual dining" restaurant but is perhaps better categorized as "fine dining". The service is that expected in a fine dining restaurant, and view of the ocean is superb. The location within the Ritz Carlton creates a wonderful and energetic ambiance. The food was good with wonderful presentation, but perhaps lacking somewhat in imagination and originality. RAYA clearly rates five stars as a casual dining restaurant and would rate four stars as a fine dining restaurant.
- The food was the best we ever had!LocalFoodieDined on 5/26/2014Exceeded our expectations big time! We came for the panoramic ocean view, but… we are foodies and we did not expect the food to be the best we ever had in any restaurant! And we have been places… At Raya we had New York Steak and Salmon – both full of flavor, melting in your mouth, heavenly sauce. Salute to the chef! We are going to be regular now.Special Features:
- Great placeLaurentDined on 5/17/2014This place ha first a all a great view on the beach, so perfect for brunch and lunch. You can come up for the beach to eat or just go down there after, while enjoying a great panorama during lunch. We waited for a table right by the window, it was worth it. Service and food were good too, just a good experience!Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014My boyfriend and I decided to eat here on a whim and it was the best idea we have ever had! The food was delicious with combinations I had never seen and with the 180 degree ocean view and outstanding staff, the experience became on we will remember for the rest of our lives! We were extremely blessed by our server who gave us complimentary wine and dessert and a special pass for free parking in the future. :)Special Features:
- FABULOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014As always, the Ritz-Carlton at it's best. We had cocktails on the balcony at "180 Degrees" before moving to Raya for an exquisite dinner. The Black Cod was divine; Rib Eye out of this world and the wines!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilandJaneDined on 5/4/2014We had a delightful experience at Raya. Our booking was held for us so that we could enjoy some time relaxing with a cocktail, watching the sunset over the beach. When we made our way to the restaurant, everthing was beautiful. From the presentation of our meals through to the delightfully subtle, but creative flavours of each dish. The wine list was exemplary and we had a thoroughly beautiful experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- Romantic- dinner and ocean viewRomantic777Dined on 4/30/2014Ambience and service was wonderful! Dinner entree- My date's scallop was over cooked as well as my halibut. However, the server made us feel comfortable and made my date Birthday evening an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- fantastic, superlative experience!freeflipperDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! RAYA is fit for foodies. We can't rave enough about the fantastic restaurant and its team. Chef Richard Sandoval and his team are top-drawer, truly.Special Features:
- Fantastic placeMrsCDined on 3/30/2014Superb sunset, excellent service and delicious food. Definitely a restaurant to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary brunch was superbGaryDined on 3/23/2014My partner and I had a reservation at noon for Sunday brunch to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. In the reservation we mentioned a preference for a table by a window. When we arrived (15 minutes early) we were told there would be a short wait for a window table, so we went to the adjacent bar for a drink. Right around noon, the receptionist came in to the bar and told us our table was ready. What a surprise to arrive at t table covered in rose petals and a short poem about the meaning of love. That, combined with the beautiful view over the beach and ocean made for a memorable event. The brunch is $65 and you order choices off the four-course menu. Price includes unlimited champange, mimosas or bloody marys. Staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a SmileFatTummyDined on 3/22/2014The level of service at this restaurant is on even par with the excellence of the food. The Ritz-Carlton lives up to its reputation with RAYA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit over rated. The foodShelleyDined on 3/22/2014A bit over rated. The food was good, but not great. Ambiance was pleasant. Not worth the money. The service was the best part of the evening. Nice night, but not memorable.