RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
One Ritz Carlton Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/LagunaRAYA
- Phone: (949) 240-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Pedro Contreras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
RAYA, a restaurant concept by Richard Sandoval, showcases Pan-Latin Coastal Cuisine prepared with sustainable seafood, local produce, natural and organic meats, and Chef Sandoval’s signature Latin flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel - Best Restaurants in Laguna Niguel ›
RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)special occasion (45)romantic (40)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/20/2014Great food and service. The views are phenomenal. Went with a group and it was a perfect place to enjoy a good meal and great company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raya - Great Brunch, Slow ServiceQuietypeVIPDined on 11/9/2014If you like slow service, but great food, this is your find. With a spectacular view of the ocean and coastline, Raya is an awesome hotel-based restaurant. The three-course Sunday Champagne brunch offers exceptional options for all three courses. The champagne does not stop flowing, which is good as the service is slow-paced. If you're in a hurry, this is not the brunch for you. But, if you enjoy the slower, more paced brunch, this is it as the food is well worth the wait.Special Features:
- Spectacular viewbeachbabyDined on 10/31/2014Ate at Raya while staying at the Ritz Carlton. It was convenient on the first night we arrived. The food has a good variety of choices, but I think the flavors could be kicked up a notch. Overall a good experience with great service and incredible view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014As requested, we were seated at a lovely window table with a perfect view of the beach, just as the sun was sitting over Catalina Island. We ordered drinks, appetizers, and dinner for two. Everything was served beautifully and was delicious. The wine was perfect with everything. We couldn't resist ordering dessert, which we also enjoyed very much. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not so good....MarbertdyeDined on 10/25/2014I selected Raya to have an small birthday dinner for my husband with friends. It would have been a perfect evening (food was delicious, waitress wonderful) had it not been for the group of 4 adults and 4 young kids that were seated right next to us shortly after our meal began. The kids did nothing but yell and treat the restaurant along with the common area outside as their personal playground. The adults were oblivious to it, did absolutely nothing to stop it and could care less that their kids were ruining the dining experience of others. It was shocking for this kind of behavior in an upscale pricey Ritz Carlton restaurant. Sadly management did nothing to put a stop to it and we will not return even though we live in the area.Special Features:
- amazing post-propsal mealLoverhageDined on 10/25/2014My brand new fiance took me to Raya to celebrate our engagement. I couldn't have picked a better place. The restaurant is beautiful and the view... simply stunning. We went in time to watch the sun set over the ocean. The quality of the food and service matched the incredible view. Our sever was attentive without being overbearing, and had wonderful recommendations. All of the employees congratulated us. The food was wonderful, some of the best I have had. I recommend Raya to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion, or enjoy a fantastic meal with a fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodBajaboggsDined on 10/21/2014Loved the corn soup, civechi appetizer, and the blueberry empanadas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant with stunning viewMichaelVIPDined on 10/13/2014This restaurant has the best views of the pacific ocean and perfect sunset views. The staff is outstanding and very friendly. They work as a team and always there to help you with anything you need. The food is amazing and hands down is one of the best around the area.Special Features:
- Excellent as always.KenKalVIPDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I always come here on our anniversary for the Sunday brunch and are never disappointed. The service and food are impeccable and the view is unbeatable.Special Features:
- Notable SevicedznQADined on 10/4/2014All around Ritz Carlton is always top notch when it comes to service whether at their restaurants, bar or hotel accommodation. Guests' requests are always accommodated. They value their customers and the personal birthday greeting with a written poem from the ladies and gentlemen of Raya was wonderful. We had a wonderful time, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic, casual spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014I'd rate the food 4.5 if it was available. Food was tasty, perfectly portioned. My seafood risotto was delicious, most everything in it was super good 5 stars. It had lobster, prawns, etc. The lobster was perfectly cooked, the mussels were tiny but it didn't take away fr the meal. The hubby ordered the halibut. It was a 4 therefore 4.5 rating. Service and location are spot on. We barely missed the sunset, just saw a sliver of the sun as it was setting. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Best dining experience ever!jbitsDined on 9/28/2014We ate at Raya for dinner and lunch and both experiences were exceptional. The wait staff was extremely attentive and friendly. All the food we ordered was amazing. Every item was prepared to perfection. If you are staying at the Ritz Carlton there is no need to leave the property and brave the traffic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- xxxoooDined on 9/24/2014A++++++++ Richard and his staff gave outstanding service!Special Features:
- Gorgeous View, Excellent ServiceLoveItDined on 9/16/2014The restaurant is very inviting. We had a table right next to the floor-to-ceiling window, which provided a spectacular view of the ocean waves and the sunset. The service was excellent. We never waited for anything we desired. Food was very good. Lobster tacos and the swordfish dip were excellent starters. Seafood risotto and scallops with pork belly were great entrees. Kids mac and cheese was also delicious. The only disappointment was the halibut, which was a tad dry and lacked flavor. Interesting signature drinks as well. Great find for occasional dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphereKenBVIPDined on 9/14/20145 stars on all of the above. I had the scallops, my friend had the prawns, both dishes selected at the recommendation of the waiter. The servers were attentive but didn't hover. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HospitalityThe1Eater1Dined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed the food, the scenic view, but most of all we enjoyed the kindness and professionalism of the staff. We were very impressed. Jordan was our server and she couldn't have done a better job. The people that helped her were also very efficient and attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tens on all levels!SMJPerezDined on 9/7/2014We had amazing service, an incredible view and a meal the melted in your mouth with every bite! Our waitress was wonderful and gave very detailed recommendations with the food choices and listened to what we liked and made suggestions based on that. There is not a bad seat at the RAYA! Every seat has a wonderful of the Laguna Coast, you can gaze upon the sailboats as you dine. The six-course Sunday brunch is well worth the price with an added bonus of unlimited drinks, including the alcohol. I give it a 10 for all levels of service, dining and ambiance!Special Features:
- Great Views, Very Romantic DinneralexDined on 9/5/2014Great views, amazing food, great service. We will definitely be back and will recommend to friends and family. One note .I came a little and requested a view table for 2 people. They said they would give us the next available. No problem. Great service there. I wanted to meet my guest when she arrived and explained that to the host, but she informed me that the table can only be held for 5 minutes. So I walked back to the restaurant, got the table, sat down for 1 minute, ordered a drink, and then went back to the lobby for my date. Since I had a reservation, and the table was mine because the host said so, it's trivial for any guest to physically have to go to the table just to confirm and hold the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerOCfoodieDined on 9/2/2014I wanted a new, special place to take my boyfriend for his birthday -- we have been to Studio and Andrea's. Raya was lovely -- fabulous view, attentive service, and delectable food. We shared several items on the menu (mussels in saffron broth, Iberica arugula salad, scallops, and the seafood risotto). Everything was delicious. There was a special note on the table to honor my boyfriend's birthday, and he was presented with a lovely dessert at the end of the evening. Our waiter was attentive without being overbearing and decanted the special bottle of wine we brought with us right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TigreVIPDined on 8/22/2014attentive service, well-presented food, to die for cheese ball rolls - and the best lobster salad I have eater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday DinnerCantgetenoughofHawaiiDined on 8/17/2014Raya, was exceptional start to finish. It was my wife's birthday and the hostess, waitress and server all wished her a Happy Birthday. Our server was personable and made terrific recommendations. The view is second to none and the food while not over the top inventive was executed flawlessly. The ahi ceviche, scallops and prawns were the standouts for us. Looks like we found a new special occasion restaurant and hopefully a new place to get drinks and appetizers as well.Special Features:
- GrocDined on 8/14/2014Raya at the Ritz-Carlton is the place to go for any special occasion. We went for our 26th wedding anniversary. Our table was ready when we arrived and was set especially for us. I had the halibut and my husband had the filet. The halibut was beautifully seared on the outside and white and flaky on the inside. The filet was a nice size and had a chipolte rub on it. Both came with wonderful sides. They have several specialty cocktails and a nice wine list. We had a wonderful meal and a lovely evening here.Special Features:
- Overpriced UnderwelmedBelleDiningVIPDined on 8/11/2014My family and I dine out every night, we couldn't have been more disappointed with the food at Raya, not only was the taste horrible, but the dishes were extremely small and overpriced. We don't mind small portions, as long as the taste is superb which wasn't the case. We will never return to this restaurant
- OutstandingJermoDined on 8/11/2014Went to Raya for my wife's birthday. Everything was perfect. Every staff member we dealt with wished her happy birthday and our table had a rose and beautiful birthday card waiting. The food was excellent and the service impeccable. It is pricey as you might expect from the Ritz but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantnicknameforreviewsDined on 7/27/2014Did a great job for birthday dinner, nice view and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 435 reviews are from the RAYA at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reviews archive.
- Simply terrific!josephnlVIPDined on 7/19/2014Raya has it all...wonderful food, excellent service and the best coastal view in California!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorgeouskrasherDined on 7/18/2014Everything was just as we hoped it would be for a special occasion dinner. Gorgeous view, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/16/2014View is spectacular. Food was very good, not exceptional. Wine prices are ridiculous. $22 for a glass of Cakebread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !fabulousDaisydogDined on 7/12/2014Fabulous from beginning to end including food and service . Def a seafood restaurant. Needs a pasta on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014our favorite spot in orange county. every single time we go, we love it. service is impeccable, food delicious and ambiance is warm and elegant. great lobby bar for a drink before dinner or outside terrace to enjoy on nice nights. nothing but great things to say about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PleasedVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food and service are exceeded only by the incredible view! Corn soup and the various seafood dishes are tremendous! We ate there twice in five days, and the experience was 5 stars each time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Raya is definitely a classy establishment and I had an amazing experience here for my birthday. Thank you for everything Raya!Special Features:
- Raya in the Ritz-CarltonZn44VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have visited Raya a number of times. It is our top restaurant for the well presented food, attentive service and superb ocean views. The friendly hostesses greet you by your name. You will not be disappointed, if you decide to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experiencebugzDined on 6/29/2014We took my Dad to Raya for brunch on his 80th birthday. The service was impeccable, as you would expect at a Ritz Carlton. Everyone loved their courses, and will be back again.Special Features:
- Expected something different...suzjDined on 6/29/2014Was disappointed... did not know that you no longer had the buffet.. it's been a few years.... a little more noisy... not as intimate...food was spectacular... but specifically asked not be be seated next to a bus station... and was seated directly behind one at the stairs... and had a kid screaming next to us the entire time....Special Features:
- Wonderful!PleasedVIPDined on 6/28/2014Breathtaking view, great food and service! Terrific atmosphere. Corn soup is to die for and great seafood choices! Outstanding! Did I mention the view?Special Features:
- Great food and service, but noisy!MarkODined on 6/27/2014Raya is in the lobby area of the beautiful Ritz-Carlton property at Dana Point. The view of the Pacific Ocean from the window tables is breathtaking. The food is delicious, with an emphasis on fresh seafood. The service is near-perfect. We dined at 7:30 on a Friday evening for a birthday celebration and were expecting a relaxed, romantic occasion. Then, the bar table area behind the restaurant started to fill with energetic patron. The noise level reached the point where I had to strain to hear the person seated next to me. Hearing our server was almost impossible. The server apologized for the noise but there was obviously nothing she could do about it. We enjoyed our meal, but did not stay for coffee and dessert. Too noisy.Special Features:
- luv2dine2VIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent restaurant with a creative and outstanding menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealMrsCDined on 6/22/2014And amazing service. We had a very knowledgable waitress that steered us in the right direction over the wine list. It was my husbands birthday and they really went the extra mile to make it a special occasion.Special Features:
- Gorgeous delicious dinner!luv2dineDined on 6/7/2014The service was very personal. The food incredible, all while looking at the beautiful ocean watching a fantastic sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.