7600 Greenhaven Drive
Sacramento, CA 95831Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ravenouscafe.com/
- Phone: 9163999309
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Roberto Laienz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ravenous Cafe is available for private party buy outs.
- Private Party Contact: Wade Sawaya 9163999309
A word from Ravenous Cafe
Ravenous Cafe is a new American Bistro with the influences of French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese cuisines. We offer fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere using only the freshest ingredients that are in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ravenous Cafe - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ravenous Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (21)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely treat.KC89Dined on 10/8/2014Solidly excellent food with a little creative twist, great ambiance despite deceiving strip mall-type location, conscientious and attentive service. Pricey enough to have my visiting mother take me, but perfect as a date spot, too. Plan to go back and become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBeatbyagirl226Dined on 10/4/2014Dinner was delicious. Well timed delivery of wine, warm bread from oven, appetizer and dinner. Didn't feel rushed or ignored-great balance. We live in midtown and rarely leave the Grid, but this was good enough to coax me into the car for a return, really soon!Special Features:
- very goodHumble95Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I have dined here three times now. The food is consistently good and the service is great. The prices are on the higher end for Sacramento but not outrageous, and I think priced right for the quality and experience. The owner, Wade, is involved and gives attention to all of the customers. The atmosphere is intimate and relaxing. We will be back.Special Features:
- Ravenous... A little known gemHoneysPotDined on 9/11/2014My husband asked me to pick a restaurant for my birthday and I saw this one on open table. I like to find new to me restaurants and this was a wonderful pick. Soft jazz playing in the background contemporary art on the walls, and dishes to make the foodie fall in love. Lamb with pomegranate reduction and cow au vin blanc for me. The Appetizer was pork cheek with sweet potato... To die for. :) Service was phenomenal thank you April and Wade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in SacramentoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Food was amazing! Very memorable. Can't stop talking about it! Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!Raves4RavenousDined on 9/5/2014Took a friend to Ravenous for lunch. I always get the shrimp and caprese salad, but this time I decided to try something new and i'm so glad I did. We ended up ordering and sharing the shrimp salad along with the smoked salmon & trout sandwich. OMG, it was to die for! It's my new favorite lunch choice. I'll probably say the same thing the next time I go and try something different. Everything at the Ravenous Cafe is so incredibly delicious. Kudos to the chef and the owner, Wade.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LivesNearbyDined on 8/19/2014Fresh food, nicely spiced, not overly salted or sweet. We loved this place. It was our first time, and we plan to go back. A few dishes of note: the spinach fig salad, the sauteed mushroom appetizer, the coq au vin entree... everything freshly prepared with a loving, careful touch. We recommend making reservations - the place is small.Special Features:
- Good and priceyLennyDined on 8/8/2014Menu is somewhat limited, especially for pickey eaters like my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Good personal service, adapts menu items to personal requests, always attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014You'll feel like you've come home to family for a special meal at Ravenous, and you won't be disappointed. The menu offers something for everyone and a nice wine list, too. And save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Make Me Soupjohnwb50Dined on 7/29/2014A famous chef's student asked if he could prove to his boss that he had learned his craft. The chef said: Make me soup. Every time I eat here the soup is fantastic. A hint that the rest to come is going to be the same. Wade and April is what makes this my go to place for dinner. No scenic view but the beefcake walking by to/from the gym in the center is not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLorettaVIPDined on 7/19/2014The presentation and attention to detail is one of the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC! A REAL FIND.SeniorfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit to Ravenous but it won't be the last. The salads were proportioned just right and we're interesting and flavorful. The crab cakes were exceptionall good. The side dishes with the lamb chops were delicious. So was the lamb but it would have even better If the gristle had been trimmed away and a more tender cut chosen by the chef. All in all a delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Once again we had a delightful experience. The food is so fresh and wonderfully seasoned. Everything is beautifully presented and unusual combinations fig strawberry avocado spinach salad hit the spot. The owner is always so friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- familyfamilyDined on 6/28/2014Our dinner and service was exceptional. Appetizers and fish trio excellent, as well as the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME ATTENTION TO DETAIL12345678Dined on 6/21/2014the owners attention to every detail made the difference of what could have been an upsetting birthday dinner. My filet was ordered as medium rare. what was brouht to my plate was medium. pink on it's way to brown with no juice. the owner noticed my expression and immedietly offered to bring me another filet. 10 minutes later i had a perfect filet with fresh sides. that's what i call AWESOME SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally well prepared food..LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014Portions and food were fantastic. All prepared as ordered. April and Wade are professional, yet personable and friendly. Makes for a nice, enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Ravenous Cafe reviews archive.
- Gourment Lunchoen in Sacramentoblissfield1949VIPDined on 6/19/2014We drove to the restaurant from the airport on our way to the Gold Country and we were certainly not disappointed. The shopping center location is undistinguished but the ambience is first rate and the food is truly inspired. None of our luncheon courses was lesss than spectacular and it is clear the owner puts great emphasis on farm to table fresh produce and vegetables. Even at 1:30 when we arrived the room was filled with regulars. The creative, but simple, and strikingly flavorful presentations reminded us of Chez Panisse many years ago. Julia Child would have been pleased with our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever reliableRaynemanDined on 6/11/2014It was so nice to dine at Ravenous again! After 2 glasses of a recommended Sangiovese and starters consisting of paprika mussels and auteur mushrooms, we had a great Risotto topped off with the chocolate mousse...wonderful ambiance, company, and service was icing on the cake.Special Features:
- What A Find!MandMDined on 6/7/2014We were looking for someplace different for Saturday date night, went on Open Table and found Ravenous Cafe and are so glad we did. It's a small establishment but ambiance is top notch as is the service. My wife had the filet, I had the duck breast, we started off with the Mushroom Leek soup with Truffle Oil! Yum, Yum and YUM! Prepared to perfection in taste, portion and presentation! Even the ice water tasted good! Seriously, everything surpassed my expectations. My wife had a glass of the Clarksburg Chenin Blanc (smelled wonderful), she said it tasted wonderful. They have a small bar and I told her that if I drank, I would want to come here just to sit at their intimate bar (they serve dinner there as well).Special Features:
- Add Ravenous to Your ListLikes2EatDined on 5/30/2014We had felt in a rut, with the same handful of restaurants on our "go-to" list. We had heard about Ravenous but never tried it because it is a bit out if the way---and yet very much freeway-close. We had a lovely meal, good wine and just a very positive experience. The service was expert, friendly and prompt. We will be back!Special Features:
- Freshness!!!FINEDINERDined on 5/24/2014Current chef preparing wonderful dishes, using seasonal vegetables & fresh herbs. Beet salad starter a winner. Entrees are original & surprising!! Desserts also a +++. Very glad to have such a fine experience in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experiencefutureVSMDined on 5/24/2014My boyfriend and I recently discovered Ravenous Cafe through Open Table. We could not have asked for a better time. The food was incredible. We ordered appetizers/small plates, entrees, and dessert. Everything was delicious. The staff there were very friendly and attentive. It is a smaller place but they make the best out of the space they have. We truly had a great time and would highly recommend this place. I loved the ambiance and art on the walls. The place has fine dining food but allows you to be causal and comfortable. The only thing that I did not like was my meat being slightly overcooked. The flavors of the food were that good that it still deserves 5 Stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DuckDined on 5/24/2014Limited seating, make reservations on weekend. Spectacular food and extraordinary service. One of our new and favorite discoveries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but ...ChuckVIPDined on 5/15/2014Very good, but not worth the expense. Salmon was cooked perfectly, but bland in flavor. Beet salad was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodMickeyDined on 5/10/2014You can always tell when a Chief puts their heart into a meal. The nightly special plate was exceptional. The service was responsive to all our desires. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- ?!BomoVIPDined on 5/1/2014Food was good, but not great. Question prior reviews. Definitely not worth the prices charged. Should not have to complain about under seasoned food. If you're looking for good fare for comparative prices then go to Mulvaney's and then Devine.
- Another great meal!!!NDChanDined on 5/1/2014We have been to the Ravenous Cafe on numerous occasions and they always have great food and fantastic service. Wade, the owner runs the front of the house and is very friendly and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunch treat!CityMomDined on 4/26/2014My friend is a VERY picky eater. But even she was able to enjoy a lovely brunch at Ravenous. We shared the beet salad as a starter. It was, as always, very good. It was fresh and light with the interesting addition of pomegranate seeds. She enjoyed the burger . I had a breakfast scramble with steak bites which were perfectly cooked and not overwhelmed with too much egg. Did I mention the hot bread and cold Mimosas? We don't usually get together for Saturday meals, but I'm sure there are more Ravenous brunches in our futures.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Excellent food.......fair prices good wine list.........Special Features:
- Try the Ribe Rye if you can!RaynemanDined on 4/17/2014If you're looking for the trifecta of excellent food, ambiance, and great service...this is your place. Roberto works magic in the kitchen while Wade and April make you feel at home. Thanks again and see you soon!Special Features:
- Delightful & deliciousNYCfoodieDined on 4/17/2014Found Ravenous online. The food was absolutely fantastic. I tried my friends mussels and learned I love them! The sauce was so delish! Crab cakes were really yum and the Pinot Grigio was perfect! Service was very friendly and efficient. I live in NYC, but will look for an opportunity to her back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small & IntimateExcellentDined on 4/12/2014Excellent dinner & desert! Recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent Sat brunch experienceAppreciativeDined on 4/12/2014Our first and most marvelous exerience with Ravenous Cafe was for a Saturday brunch. The restaurant size is small, but charmingly so. The setting is comfortable and tasteful, the reception of the owner/host most welcoming and enthusiatically warm. Add to all this the amazingly well-prepared, deliciously balanced and artistically presented food selections we chose from the very appealing menu, it all made for a most wonderful dining experience. I will be returning, and I will be telling my friends of this jewel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DIning Experience!johnj922Dined on 4/5/2014If you want to experience fresh, high-quality, deliciously prepared food in an environment with service that is genuinely personable and a dining experience that makes you feel like you are visiting in an old friend's home, I highly recommend this place. The swordfish special was phenomenal and the attentive service of April and Wade was extraordinary! Great date restaurant. Romantic ambiance. They will make you feel like a million bucks, and you won't have to spend anywhere near that much as the food is a great value, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Local Restaurant EverCynthiaDined on 4/3/2014Ravenous is one of my favorites. Wade is always there, welcoming people and taking good care of them. The food and wine are fantastic. It's a great place to either just drop in, or make a reservation for a special event.Special Features:
- Raving about Ravenous CafeRogerHDined on 3/25/2014My GF and I celebrated our 7 month 'anniversary' at RC this week. I had never been there so decided to try it. The food was absolutely wonderful and nicely prepared by Roberto the chef. We were attentively served by Wade (the owner) the whole evening. I suspect that for a Tuesday night we were a bit overdressed...most folks were there in jeans, etc. I found the pricing to be fair given the high quality of the food and good service...I definitely would consider it a neighborhood gem...if you are looking for a quiet out of the way place to eat, Ravenous Cafe is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodRellrogDined on 3/13/2014We've been to Ravenous many times and they never disappoint. The food always meets and beats expectations. Wade, the owner, is a great guy. We are so happy that this restaurant is doing well since we don't want to lose it. Please support this restaurant and you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining South of city centerOldtimerDined on 2/26/2014For really superb food and excellent service in or near Elk Grove, there are just two choices: Ravenous and Boulevard Bistro, and both of them can compete with the finest the greater Sacramento Area has to offer. If it's a special occasion, or you just deserve a really wonderful dinner for some reason, you must try Ravenous. I've eaten there five times over the last couple of years and every time it has been fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite diningallforgoodfoodandwineVIPDined on 2/21/2014larger restaurants have nothing over Ravenous Café when it comes to a very selective and excellent menu and wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.