Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen
6130 Luther Lane
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kentrathbun.com/
- Phone: 2148901103x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch : Sunday : 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch : Monday- Friday : 11:00 - 2:00 pm
Mid Afternoon Menu : 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday : 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Happy Hour 2:00pm to 7pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kent Rathbun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your next event. Have our chef's come to you at a location of your choice. For more information call Kellie Carter at 214-619-3555 or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer group dining at Rathbun's Blue Plate. Enjoy our family style meal at the "Center of Attention" table, Pantry Table or the JG (John Gotti) Table.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Shaw 2148901103x
- Special Events: Don't miss our farmer and wine dinners. Sign up for our newsletter at www.kentrathbun.com
A word from Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen
Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen has established itself as Dallas’ go-to spot for fresh and flavorful cuisine. A new dimension to the Rathbun family of highly-esteemed restaurants, Blue Plate Kitchen provides innovative takes on traditional family recipes and sources a variety of local ingredients for a farm-to-table dining experience. Dishes such as the , Skillet Seared Sea Scallops and Lemon Roasted Chicken showcase the chef’s update on diner favorites, while the Menu is the perfect example of the restaurant’s reliance on regional purveyors and the freshest Texas-grown products. Featuring the best wines and produce, the menu at Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen is a celebration of the entire cooking process, from the local harvest to the exciting culinary creations that adorn each plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- First ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I don't frequent BLUE PLATE as much as I should, but it never dissapoints. What impresses me the most is that the wait staff will remember your name and refer to you by name during your dinner! That is impressive.Special Features:
- Good Food/Sevice, But Too Quiet!tm0130Dined on 5/15/2014After living in Dallas for many years, we thought it was high time we tried Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen. The food and service were very good -- the ahi appetizer and burger were particularly tasty. But the place was nearly completely empty at 6:30 on a Thursday night, and the lack of energy really seemed to affect our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent servicstperezDined on 5/11/2014Mother's day dinner...would definitely recommend. Nice change from the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Mother's Day BrunchFriscoDined on 5/11/2014Our family of 5 ate here for the Mother's Day brunch. They had drink specials of $3 mimosas and $5 bloody mary's. The special event menu had 3 courses for $35. We found the food here to be very good and the restaurant to be dressy casual. Service was attentive and we would visit here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch1cheezeeriderDined on 5/11/2014We wanted to go to take my mother somewhere special for Mother's Day. Blue Plate was a great choice. The quail and waffle was very tasty, the beef tenderloin was prepared perfectly and the creme brulee was some of the best I have ever had. I can't wait to try Rathbun's other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchSwoozeDined on 5/11/2014Sometimes brunch can be challenging because we have various eating types in the family, but we all agreed the menu was perfectly diversified for each of our tastes. Service was a little slow at first but picked up. The food was very good, no complaints, and dessert surprised us because we were expecting tiny portions as many restaurants choose to offer on special days like this, but instead, were served full-size desserts. Overall, a pleasant Mother's Day experience. I recommend RBPK for any meal.Special Features:
- Great Southern FoodBklynBenDined on 5/10/2014All around great meal. Great cornbread and the service was OUTSTANDING
- Always wonderful!PuglsleeDined on 4/26/2014Blue Plate is one of my favorite go to restaurants when I want great food. It's the place i take both business associates and friends. Service is always superb and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant Always!!!TwineVIPDined on 4/23/2014This is a wonderful restaurant -- always consistent on food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2014Everyone liked most of their food but some items were strange - really bad tasting cheese grits w/ porkchop, strange citrus flavored hummus, and super salty fried shallots on the burger. Everything else was good but the meal w/ wine was at least 60-70% more expensive than comparable restaurants. We will be back for the fried chicken and the burger only - the steaks and chops seemed to be 'choice' quality at 'prime' prices.Special Features:
- treated okay,ducreDined on 4/12/2014Food was not as good as I thought it would be. My daughter ordered the pork chop plate, rice was not tasty (it comes with grits). It was very tasty. I had the salmon plate, it was okay. Our waitress took awhile to warm up to us not sure why, maybe she assumed we did not belong there, little did she know I always eat at Abacus and Jaspers. It was a little awkward, she did not make us feel at ease.Special Features:
- Too Noisy for BusinessKikiVIPDined on 4/8/2014Love the restaurant but you can hardly hear yourself think, let alone speak with your dining companions/business associates.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Scallops were fabulous. Highly recommended. Pleasant setting appropriate for a group or just for two. Not cheap, but very reasonable prices for the quality. Good value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solid optionJenaCassVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great for salads to heavy entrees. Always local and fresh ingredients. A bit pricey for a quick dinner. Crowd is mostly neighborhood folks from University Park, Highland Park and Preston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on SaturdayLibrarianDined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed having dinner here on the weekend, though we had some disconnects with the waitress. She brought a Pom martini instead of a Bombay one, and didn't bring a glass of wine that we had requested. Other than that, the entrees were terrific, and the seating comfortable, even on a blustery and very rainy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2014Wait and managerial staff are both excellent. Pay attention to detail. I've been their twice for lunch and multiple times for happy hours and all times have had great service and the food and drinks have been excellent. Would recommend Rathbun's to anyone for food fun or for business meetings they will accomodate both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectible DallianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014Being new to Texas, a family member recommended Rathburns. The Salmon special and Venison chili were exceptional! the service from our server Brandi was extraordinary. She made suggestions, gave us tastes of wine that we were considering, and was simply the best! My husband is in the hospitality business, I was in the wine business and we both loved the wine list, the service and most of all the food! The atmosphere is low-key and casual elegance. We were there for our anniversary but there were people dressed in jeans too. The bar area is accommodating and casual. You will love this place where everyone works to make your experience a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, similar menu andDallasitesDined on 2/15/2014Good food, similar menu and more casual ambiance than it's Plano cousin Jasper's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiencelastpointeDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was great. Move was lovely. Nice and friendly staff.Special Features:
- great service not so much foodbearDined on 2/14/2014Waiter and managers are second to nobody! However the food is not. Odd pairings but overall pretty good. Desert cupcakes were hard however taste wise a ton of flavors almost overload for your mouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpectected priceEvanDined on 2/14/2014I made this reservation to get a good chicken fried steak, to my surprise on Valentines they had a special menu with very special pricing. $65 per person. I honored my reservation because it was my night to buy. You see we trade out weeks and this was my week and I got stuck paying for 4 people when the food wasn't even that good. I really don't mind paying for good food but I paid a $360 tab including drinks and tax and tip for sub-par food. I tipped 20% because it wasn't her fault.
- Valentines delightRepeatCustomerDined on 2/14/2014Best scallops in Dallas. Cupcake trio was scrumptious followed by a sugar high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Valentine's Day ExperienceDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014$65 per person set menu was drastically overpriced. The total meal portion size was smaller than what I would normally consider one appetizer. Overpromised a special vegan menu for my wife, which turned out to be a joke, again for $65. I would have preferred to eat my money than waste it on Rathbun again; it would have been a better value. The ambiance was staid, service was amateur, and again, portions were an insult. My wife and I are very experienced global diners and work for a restaurant consulting firm. Unfortunately, this experience ranks as one of the worst we have had anywhere in the world, so bad that it prompted me to write my first and only review on OpenTable.
- Early Valentine's Day dinnerBrandiDined on 2/13/2014We hadn't been here in a long time, so decided to go the night before Vday. We sat at the bar so we could watch them prep food, we enjoy this. The food was pretty good, but a little bland. I had the red fish, husband had fried chicken. The hummus was really good. The waitress didn't really seem friendly or into working that night. All in all it was an ok experience. Believe we will stick with Abacus for Rathbun's food.Special Features:
- Maple Cream GravyFamilyof4Dined on 2/13/2014The bread was fantastic, the mashers to die for, the fried chicken was expertly fried, the creme brulee was luxurious. ..but I'd return it all and drink the maple cream gravy ffordinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/7/2014As expected, the staff was welcoming and gracious and the food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchMelinMurphyDined on 2/2/2014We had 4 kids and 3 adults and everyone was satisfied with their food choices. Our server was very accommodating with the children and the requests they made. We ordered off the menu and ordered specials and the food was delicious. The flank steak with the jalapeño cream was perfect with the fried eggs. The trout was a very tasty and satisfying dish. The farmer's breakfast was filling and just what you want in a late morning breakfast. We were very satisfied with our choice in dining establishment.Special Features:
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Love this place . Everything I have tried is good, trout, beet salad, fried green tomatoes. Nice selection of wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Plate Reviewfjc214Dined on 1/27/2014The quality of the food is excellent, but don't go there expecting super portions - maybe not a bad thing since the average width of Americans is growing. Initially I felt a little cheated, but left very satisfied!!!Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!cookoo4cocosDined on 1/24/2014The Blue Plate Kitchen had great tasting food in a warm atmosphere. It was inviting, vibrant, and enticing. I look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FriendsGoodgirlDined on 1/24/2014Good food - a little pricey -- $30 for two pieces of fried chicken with mashed potatoes. the shortrib came up short, but everyone was happy -- the booth for 6 was perfect the location is perfect - the menu selections are perfect. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the Brisket SandwichHungryLocallyDined on 1/24/2014Enjoyed the Brisket Sandwich with salad. Meat was very tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2014Some of the ideas were very good but the quality was up and down. The fried green tomatoes were great but the duck confit flat bread was so so. The salmon was outstanding but the accompaniments were so so. Wine menu very lacking
- Consistently Wonderful!BluePlateDined on 1/18/2014As a frequent guest of the restaurant it is always pleasurable to return "home". From Dennis's warm greeting to the chef's wonderful menu, to a terrific wine list the regularly has some true finds on it, Kent Rathbun continues to hit it out of the park at this and his many other fine eateries! Our friends thanked us for reminding them about the restaurant by inviting them to join us for this great evening. Highly recommend you stop back in if you haven't for awhile, and if you haven't enjoyed this marvelous restaurant before make plans now to give it a try. You are sure to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Wonderful StaffCPunkDined on 1/18/2014Rathbun's has a menu that's a nice mix of decadent and heart healthy. I went with my older parents, and we got there super-early. By the time we left at 7:30 on a Saturday night, there were lots of other diners, but the service continued to be excellent, with entrees coming out on a timely basis. The food was good, but it was the kindness and thoroughness of the staff that impressed me. My dad accidentally left his garage door opener in our booth, and the manager ran out to return it to us. Our whole dinner service was like that - just very thorough and on point. We had a great dinner with a great experience - nothing was too slow or too rushed.Special Features:
- Preston Plaza NuggetSimone1VIPDined on 1/15/2014The grilled cheese with walnuts and apples is a totally different take on the traditional sandwhich, but was amazing with their cheddar soup on a cold day! The wait staff is very attentive. Great place to go if you need to get in and out fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChristopheDined on 1/11/2014Menu is original with delicious items such as the duck or the chicken fried steak. Great service . Love this place!Special Features:
- Just wonderful service andSusuDined on 1/11/2014Just wonderful service and food. I stay near the restaurant with a friend and it was the first visit for both of us. We agreed! Just delicious. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service satisfactionCheftelDined on 1/11/2014Had the short ribs, my wife the Texas Red fish, both fantastic. Asked how prepared and was given a quick look see into the kitchen by the chef, she explained the preparation and cooking technique. The wine pour was generous, paired well and reasonably priced.. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch or a casual nightDallasMomVIPDined on 1/10/2014Myself and 3 others had dinner here on a Friday night at 7pm. Everyone was very nice upon arrival. My husband and I were waiting on friends so we waited at the bar. The bartender was very nice but the bar it self seemed a little grimy. We were seated after our friends arrived, again everyone was very nice. Our table was in the middle of the room and had a terrible spot light shinny down on us. Our table seemed grimy as well. Our waiter was nice and had great recommendations. Everything but our entree came out in a timely matter. Our food was good- that's the best part of this restaurant. If it wasn't for the food I would have be disappointed. It's fine for a casual night out.Special Features: