Rasoi Indian Kitchen
1810 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Rasoi Indian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rasoidc.com/
- Phone: 2027755660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Poonam Dhingra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Boxed-Lunch, Dinner for 10-200, Appetizers/Munchies only packages also available. We have the expertise to cater to your needs. Already catered to World Bank, IMF, George Washington University and several prestigious law firms on K street.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Contact 2027755660
- Special Events: Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 5-7PM
- Cross Street: 18th St. NW
- Public Transit: Located at Farragut West metro stop On Orange and blue line, two blocks from Farragut North Metro stop on Red line
(18th street Exit). Circulator bus-stop @19th & K.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking after 5 PM with validation for $5 only everyday
A word from Rasoi Indian Kitchen
Eclectic Indian fare in an elegant dining-room. Indra, the God of rain, graces the entrance. The North and South Indian dishes are made using special blend of spices by Chef Poonam. A full bar including four tap beers and Indian Wines to enhance your dining experience. Reservations accepted for a la carte only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rasoi Indian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Rasoi Indian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- delicious!!chrisVIPDined on 8/24/2014excellent food and service. it truly is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was spicy and delicious. Service was good. Enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Indian food everFoodieDined on 8/17/2014The buffet was pathetic with only 4 or 5 selections and the food was really bad. I'm surprised they manage to keep afloat in such a prime location.
- Won't go backjjb2014Dined on 8/2/2014There were literally no other diners in the restaurant when some friends and I walked in last Saturday night, and now I know why. A combination of terrible service, long wait times (even though ours was the only one waiting to be served!), poor customer service (example: our waitress spilled our bottle of wine on the table and didn't offer to replace what was lost), stingy portions, and WAY overpriced food have ensured that I will never go back to Rasoi and have already advised others to avoid this place. The food was fine but not exceptional--I'll happily go elsewhere. What a disappointment.
- amazingfoodie4lifeDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is one of the very best Indian restaurant ls and food in the city. A must try. Authentic food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as good as I'd hopedRevettDined on 7/30/2014I was a bit disappointed with the buffet. The same couple have a Chinatown restaurant, Mehak, which is far more consistent and a bit better. I hope on my next visit the food will have improved a bit.
- Buffet challengeDDinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a fine restaurant, but the lunch buffet was not as well taken care of as I expected, and it looked like there had been no cleaning up if the spills etc., nor replacing the food containers to keep it looking fresh and edible (as usually required on buffets). Fresh food was added to older food which is a buffet no-no in my book and the health dept's too I'm sure. I was very selective in what I ate because of this but didn't want to embarrass my guest by rejecting the buffet altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice buffet lunch option on K StFoodGuyVIPDined on 7/24/2014I had a business lunch here- tried Rasoi for the first time. Wait staff were friendly and attentive. They have me option to sit front or back of restaurant. I mistakenly said back as I wanted more privacy but it meant a table next to the buffet line. That's great if you want quick access to the good food, but not great if you want to chat quietly. I liked the restaurant and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy lunch!Luv2EatDined on 7/23/2014This is the second time I've been to Rasoi for lunch. I had the buffet again. There aren't a lot of options but the ones that they have are very tasty. My friends loved it and are already talking about going back.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicePetworthVIPDined on 7/23/2014Rasoi was a place I ate at quite a bit several years ago when I worked on K Street. I recently came back to work in the Dupont Circle area and brought some colleagues there. It was as good as the last time I was there - at least 5-6 years ago. We had the buffet lunch which was fantastic and for 11.95 you really can't do better. Once of my colleagues is Indian and really had great things to say about the food...she is vegetarian and thought the selection was great. Definitely going back...soon!Special Features:
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The food was amazing for dinner, and the restaurant was not very full, so the noise level was low. Prefect for a quiet dinner with great food and not much stress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip ..Found a screw in our foodfoodie123Dined on 6/10/2014Skip this restaurant...The waiters were inattentive and quite rude. We felt hurried the short time we were there. For the appetizer we ordered calamari, which was rubbery and tasteless. One person bit into a screw, an actual metal screw. We asked to see the waiter who made us wait until she finished her tasks. When we alerted her that there was a screw in our food she looked angry - no apologies, just frustration. We left.
- Really very goodvegloveDined on 6/4/2014This is a great spot for a quick, reasonably priced and delicious sit-down lunch downtown for a group of co-workers. The food was great. The service was excellent and I was pleased with the noise level. So many places downtown are hard places to carry-on a conversation and eat. That's not a problem at Rasoi. There is a great buffet but you can also order off the menu. Plenty of choices for meat eaters, vegetarians, and even vegans. I took two people who'd spent time in India to the restaurant and they were over the moon with the authenticity. i'll definitely be coming back here when I have guests/coworkers to treat to lunch.Special Features:
- Food was great, but the service...foodlover89Dined on 5/18/2014Buffet selection was great (lots of veg options) and food was DELICIOUS. However, staff service was terrible!!! First, a waiter knocked a jacket off a chair, saw it but kept walking. A second waiter saw the jacket, and simply stepped over it. I would expect staff to be respectful of guests' belongings. Second, when we asked to see a menu, the waiter simply mumbled. We had to ask him to repeat 3 times, but still could not understand what he was saying, and ended up giving up. I saw him to do something similar to another group as well. Getting the check was also an ordeal, as staff did not appear to communicate with each other. I may have been more patient if it had been crowded, but more than half the restaurant was empty.Special Features:
- The following 209 reviews are from the Rasoi Indian Kitchen reviews archive.
- High Quality Buffet for LunchJMidAtlanticVIPDined on 4/30/2014Their lunch buffet doesn't have that re-steamed, one-sauce-fits-all taste. And the food is identified as vegetarian and non -- a plus for us vegetarians. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleSaferg94Dined on 3/20/2014Our experience was horrible! We were not waited on quickly & once the waitress came, we wanted to order from the menu but she kept pushing the buffet. So, once we all said that we definitely wanted to order from the menu, she took our order at 12:45 and at 1:15, we still did not have our food, nor had she come back to check in. I called her over and she said, it was coming soon. We waited another 8 minutes, still no food. So, we just left. Absolutely the worst service, I have ever had! My food rating is poor because you have to select something, even though we did NOT taste any food!
- Very AccommodatingPaddcDined on 3/14/2014The food is great here, and the service also, but nicest of all is that it is quiet. We had a big party, and we could all talk. I've eaten here several times, and will always return! thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner....BlueGirlDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I were going to an event nearby and decided to eat at Rasoi before it. I used to work in the area and have always just gotten their lunch buffet (which is fantastic). The Cucumber salad was amazing (I'm not spelling it correctly here, however) and the Rosemary Naan was delicious, It's a beautiful, well-maintained restaurant. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice atmosphere, decent foodDCdinerDined on 2/20/2014I have been to Rasoi a few times, but this last time the food really seems to have gone downhill. The lentil soup was not good, and all of us found odd things in the soup. Our entrees were just okay. With so many other Indian restaurants in DC, I would recommend others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Successful V-Day last Moment HuntKenpDined on 2/14/2014Since I was not getting any table booking on Valentines day Dinner Date anywhere else, I tried to search for a decent restaurant since I knew It was a lost moment hunt. Luckily I got one at RASOI and fortunately it turned out to be a good deal and My Girl Liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service overall rating, eeeehOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/10/2014The restaurant is nice, the service was great. However, I was not blown away by the food. I like my Indian food flavorful and spicy, and this restaurant did not fit the bill. The food was decent, but lacked the garnishes and variety of seasonings I'm used to at other restaurants.
- Lunch Buffet a Pleasant SurpriseJBurellaVIPDined on 1/20/2014I was going to lunch here with my husband on a weekday, and we were pleasantly surprised that there was a buffet. It had a lovely arrangement of around 8 different dishes, and the sauces were exceptionally tasty. Service was laid back yet professional and the restaurant small yet very clean and nicely decorated. I'd go back in a snap! :)
- Delicious, authentic Indian foodOpenTableRegularVIPDined on 12/5/2013I love meeting people for lunch at Rasoi, where the buffet always offers an interesting menu, with a delightful variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian choices. I much prefer the food to the pricier Indian restaurants downtown, and it's great to be able to sample so many authentic dishes. Yesterday, we raved about the coconut milk cabbage to our server, who turned out to be Kitty, the charming owner and recipe/menu creator, who talked with us a little about learning to cook as a girl in India.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but overpricedcasualbruncherDined on 11/27/2013The food was very tasty, but overpriced even for the neighborhood. Charging for extra rice is poor form.
- Good, but Needs some WorkAndreaKVIPDined on 11/23/2013My husband and I came here on a Living Social Deal. It was fairly vacant for a Saturday night (then again, it's a DC business district location) and the deal offered only 3 pre-selected "packages". They were tasty but not a great way to sample a restaurant's food for the first time. If they do the deal again, I would highly suggest allowing diners the option of choosing from the menu or, at least, having many more items to choose from. It's simply not a great way to sample a restaurant's food, especially if you've never been there before.
- The folks there dont know what goodRomeDined on 11/22/2013Waiters dont know what good wine is and service and food very poor.
- I love RasoiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2013The lunch buffet is always wonderful and has a nice variety of dishes to try. I have ordered the buffet many times and have only had a couple of items that I didn't care for. If you work in the area of 18th and K Street, NW, it is a must try restaurant for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rasoi Indian Kitchen is terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2013Rasoi Indian Kitchen is terrific for lunch! Quiet, quick service, and great food. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance -- Food OkayMimiWDined on 10/24/2013After looking forward to going to Rasoi, I was not impressed with the food. It wasn't bad, but none of it was exceptional. The spices weren't vibrant and that was reflected in the relatively bland taste of our dishes even though we ordered our spice level to be "moderate". Sorry to say but I would recommend many other Indian restaurants over this one.
- Decent food but marginal servicefederalDined on 10/23/2013The buffet was small but adequate. Service was a bit slow, though, and the server didn't come by often enough. They also neglected to apply my coupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- respectable but basic lunch optionNatQpensVIPDined on 10/23/2013This place is good for mixing up your lunch spots. There's a limited buffet option that features both vegetarian and meat based dishes (about 3 of each) with a skimpy salad/dessert table. The dishes were tasty but not the highest of quality (many were very soupy). The buffet is not well labeled so if you are not an adventurous eater or need to know what you are eating you may be better off selecting from the a la carte menu. Our waiter was meak in presence - could barely hear him. But, the waitstaff doesn't make a huge diff for buffet dining. I should note though that plates were cleared fairly promptly in between visits to the buffet, we received appropriate attention for drinks and for the bill. Bottom line, I would go back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian right on K StlefterishVIPDined on 10/18/2013Rasoi has become an old standby for me. If I'm hungry after work, it's my go to place even without a reservation. The choices are great and from all regions of India. The appetizers are the best I've had and the naan's are outstanding. You have to try the spinach naan. To start, they make the best lassi's I've had in the area--just the right consistency and taste. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- complex and flavorful foodjcs2470Dined on 10/16/2013not your usual indian food - that is, the flavors were complex and unique, not just the usual one-note spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on a clmgroupdinnerDined on 10/15/2013Rasoi welcomed our group of 9 for dinner on a Tuesday evening. They had our table ready and we received great service. All the food came out around the same time and every dish was still warm. Though they have a policy against splitting the bill, they allowed each of us to pay a portion and even calculated the tax and gratuity for us individually. We had a great time and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!TerpfanDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I dined here on a Saturday night. The food was really very good. The service was quick and pleasant. It's not fine dining but it is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCRMNDined on 9/24/2013The staff at Rasoi were both friendly and attentive to our group of five. What will bring me back is the very polite waiter who reminded me on my way out the door that my laptop case was still in the corner. Thanks again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value lunch buffetfoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2013The lunch buffet offers a selection of appetizers and salad to start, two meat (chicken) and 4 vegetarian dishes for the main course, with rice and naan, and a prepared sweet as well as fruit to end. At $11.95 per person, this is not the cheapest Indian lunch buffet in the area, but for the location this is good value. Service was very good. One quibble: it would have been nice to have larger spoons available, as well as more bowls. Many Indians eat rice and curry with a fork and spoon, and in any case some of the dishes are very soupy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian foodShubhansDined on 9/22/2013Food was good. Three items on the menu were not available Overall experience was ordinary. Service was very slow and lighting was bad. We had to look for street parking 2 blocks away. Not sure we will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack Luster ExpeienceWarmthDined on 8/30/2013Our server was pleasant, but slow. There were four other tables, but three were having the buffet. The restaurant charged extra for every thing; more nan (bread), sauce (without meat), etc. $110 before tip with five beers for three people!
- Great place good servicePM28Dined on 8/17/2013Good food. The buffer had verity of items for vegetarians too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.