633 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rasikarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2026371222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vikram Sunderam
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Atul Narain 2026371222x
A word from Rasika
Rasika is a modern Indian Cuisine restaurant showcasing Tawa (Griddle), Sigri (open Barbeque), Tandoori and regional dishes.Continued
We have a temperature controlled wine cellar, offer small plates and a modern lounge.
We have a temperature controlled wine cellar, offer small plates and a modern lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Rasika - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Rasika reviews from OpenTable diners
613 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (440)special occasion (385)hot spot (214)romantic (212)great for lunch (150)neighborhood gem (137)good for groups (118)notable wine list (112)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delish so DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Rasika was well worth the wait- booked reservations weeks in advance. Don't feel shy about a 5pm dinner- it fills up fast and has a vibrant atmosphere early! The good is amazing but pricy. This is a special occasion place unless you typically spend well over $200 for 4. The quality is very good and the seafood ( lobster tail, blackened cod) was particularly good. Also had a Indian version of chicken pot pie that was excellent. Aromatic rice and chicken in a copper bowl with a bans type bread baked on top. Friendly management and waitstaff. Ambience loud and casual enough that you could bring children if they are open to eating spices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I have been to Rasika three times now, and each time I have absolutely loved it. The combinations of flavors are spot-on, and the Palak Chaat (the signature dish) is perfect. When we came in, the hostess offered us our choice of main dining room or quieter spot, and our wait staff was incredible. When we gobbled down the first order of crispy spinach they offered us an additional half order, which was wonderful. I'd recommend trying some of the new things on the menu, the ones you don't find in Indian takeout. Each and every dish is perfectly cooked, and the depth of spice and flavor is wonderful. The cocktail menu was a lot of fun, too. Rasika is great for dates or groups. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Value in Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Our waitress, Oxsana, helped us navigate the menu and make excellent choices on our first visit to an Indian restaurant. The value was outstanding. The service was great. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- PRe-Theater Dinner a great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We are at Rasika before going to the theater. The 3-course pre-fixe menu is very good. The Crispy spinach appetizesr was fantastic. The dal and the eggplant dishes were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The quality ingredients here make the difference. Really enjoy the chicken tikka masala because of the balance of spice, tomato and milk. And the crispy spinach is worth a try. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun non-traditional IndianErinDined on 8/27/2014We had fun exploring the different options on the menu, but don't go expecting traditional indian. You will be introduced to new twists on india food, but if you have something specific in mind you probably won't find it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palak Chaat is FAB!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Rasika is now my new favorite resaurant! Get the crispy spinach--the palak chaat--it will change your life. Everyone whom I've taken to the restaurant says it is out of this world and that they've never tasted anything like it. I also love the paneer chili fry!Special Features:
- Never disapointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Every time I go this this establishment they never disappointment me, there food stays consistent, delicious, and always a good experienced. I would recommend this place to anyone who appreciated the best things in life.Special Features:
- Wouldn't change a thingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Everything was perfect -- one of the best dining experiences my boyfriend and I have ever had!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Delicious food with very attentive service. Try pre theater menu and signature black cod!! Would highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, not quite great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014As seems often to be the case, the appetizers were outstanding and the entrees just good to very good.Special Features:
- Always excellentlunchieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Rasika is always excellent and never disappoints - another great lunch...Special Features:
- Always delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Just love Rasika! It's perfect for dinner after a long day or a special occasion. It's definitely in our regular rotation of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2014As usual I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at Rasika. The food was beyond delicious and I can wait to go back.Special Features:
- fancy, trendy indian foodNappertoeDined on 8/23/2014A busy Saturday night put the seating 45 minutes behind schedule. The restaurant compensated with a free delicious crunch spinach leaf appetizer. Honey ginger scallop appetizer was great, lamb kebab was okay. Chicken biryani came in a novel pot-pie like format and was perfect, and came with a Costco size dish of raita (tasty). Rana-e-rasika was unique and flavorful. Apple "beignet" and csrdamo ice cream was a nice finish.Special Features:
- Love Rasika!ChelleDined on 8/23/2014Just went to Rasika for the 3rd time and it was just as good, if not better, than the first time! My boyfriend and I stumbled on it the first time not realizing what a find it would be! Each time we have the delicious palak chaat for an appetizer, and we've tried the lamb curry and chicken tikka masala which are both amazing. This last time to celebrate a birthday we both tried the chef tasting and everything was delicious. Our only negatives are it is very loud which makes conversation hard, and very hard to get seating before 10:30pm, so that just means you have to plan in advance. The service is outstanding. I can't say enough good about the food and service.Special Features:
- Unique dining experienceKimCDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Rasika. Since we were dining with others who had been there before, it was easier to order. Otherwise, it would have been a challenge selecting which of the many menu items we'd enjoy for dinner. Beware, the naan comes out one small round at a time, at a $3 per naan cost. We spent $18 on just naan, which was outrageous for bread, something other restaurants include.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in DCOmarVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is seriously the best restaurant in DC - there isn't a bad dish on the menu. I especially recommend the palak chaat, the avocado and banana chaat, the chicken green masala, the lamb chops, the chicken reshmi kabob and the okra.Special Features:
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Best dining in DC. Food and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down EXCELLENT!Dew7Dined on 8/19/2014This is the first time ever that I'm giving a 5 star review, and I would give more stars if I could! EXCELLENT super tasty food, extremely nice and professional staff, this place easily earns 5 stars. The best Indian food I have had in my life for sure. Just so you know, I'm very picky about restaurants!Special Features:
- Good but disappointinglorrainemdDined on 8/19/2014I guess my expectations were set way too high for this place. I researched many places to take my husband for his 50th birthday and since opentable gave this a 4.5 out of 1000s of reviews and Zagat gave this place a 28 for food, I picked Rasika. We are from Philadelphia, which admittedly has an amazing food scene, but I had thought 28 from Zagat would be a culinary show stopper. The food was just good Indian food. Nothing special. The servers were nice, but somewhat sloppy. The decor is fancy and nice. My husband and I both thought the food was just average/good.......nothing stood out to us.
- Birthday Lunch DestinationJudyTnDined on 8/19/2014I looked forward to my birthday lunch here for weeks. Delicious food, although it was a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Indian cuisine anywhereBernieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Enjoying Rasika's tasting menu brings out the best sampling of the chef's favorites. Black cod, spinach appetizer then add the curry dishes , lamb, the list goes on. Dessert was delicious. A must if in DC. Can nog wait to return. An anniversary celebration to be remembered for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014This is the third time I've eaten here for lunch and it never disappoints. Service was perfect, on point, and unobtrusive and the food is just spectacular. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- Great food and service in DC.MathiDined on 8/17/2014Great food in a cozy environment. Don't forget to try juicy and mouth watering lamb chops, which was my favorite. Had to squeeze into tight space and small table, though.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014So far the best Indian food I have eaten in a restaurant in last 17 years ...........definitely on top of my list. This restaurant should be a benchmark for other Indian restaurants in US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Condescending and carelessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I visited Rasika during early days and was blown away by both the food and service. When I visited DC again after several years, I wasn't surprised that I did not get a table. With proper planning, I secured a table over a month in advance and was very excited to show-off this restaurant that i so much liked, to my family. To my disappointment my waiter slapped not one but 3 entrees that I did not order. He customized portion sizes without consulting me and increased the bill by $200 more. I would expect him to consult me if there was a dollar impact. Food was good but did not stand out as before. Server pulled away plates while we were eating, in spite of telling them that we were not done. Never experienced this rudeness anywhere before.
- Late, rushed, poor serviceSDGolfDined on 8/16/2014We arrived on time having made a reservation through opentable, we were told our table wasn't quite ready and to take a seat at the bar, 25 minutes later we were taken to our table, as we were now at 9.00pm we decides to have pappadums and a main course, we asked our server about the menu and my business partner wanted a hot dish, he got a mild dish, we wanted our pappadums first then a break to discuss work, no such joy they brought our main course at the same time as the pappadums, we sent the mains back to the kitchen, much at the disgust of our waiter. Shame, could have been good but lacking in service, food quality and overall experience.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerAJL220Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Rasika - the food was absolutely incredible, and the service was top notch. I would recommend this to anyone for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great dinnerFledglingFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The service was fantastic. We were seated in a private area. Noise was high but okay. Appetizers were great but the main courses were okay. Desert was fun and pretty good. For the price, it was worth trying once.Special Features:
- FantasticgigglesDined on 8/16/2014Before this meal, the best Indian food I have ever had was in India. Rasika's spices and flavors were unbelievable. The food was delicious. The naan was perfection. And the service was impeccable. I will go back again and again when I am in DC. Outstanding.Special Features:
- A delicious experienceMore2eatDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgable and helpful with recommendations for new dishes to try. Service was timely and efficient. The ambience was great for my girls night out, but quiet enough for a couple's romantic dinner. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Once again, RASIKA outdoes itself for Restaurant Week. Every dish was fantastically executed as always and balanced with seasonings that sound curious but are just oh so delicious. A must on everyone's list. Check out the fabulous service - Jennifer did a wonderful job executing our every whim. Nicely done. It was a treat beyond words!Special Features:
- Great mealeatsmartDined on 8/15/2014Rasika was wonderful, as it always is. The food is splendid, and it was nice to be able to sample some different menu items during Restaurant Week! It's always hard to book a reservation -- they are so busy -- so it was a special treat.Special Features:
- Hostess Dampened our ExperienceFoggyBottomLocalDined on 8/14/2014My boyfriend and I love Rasika. We booked a dinner res for our anniversary. My boyfriend had to work until 10:15 so we booked a 10:30 res. Yet, a Rasika hostess called me at 10:05 to tell me our table was ready; I felt rushed. My boyfriend arrived at 10:20; the hostess told him that the kitchen would close at 10:30 and asked him if I knew what I wanted to order so that we could get the order placed before the kitchen closed. I had no idea!? I literally ran, despite wearing an expensive dress and uncomfortable shoes. Rather than looking and feeling nice, I arrived sweaty and disheveled. It was an awful start to an anniversary dinner. The server was far more accommodating, offered great recommendations, and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRobinDined on 8/14/2014Food was superb. Service was best we have had in a while. Attentive and friendly yet not smothering. Great experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience.roxygurlie02VIPDined on 8/14/2014I had been waiting to go to Rasika for a while and now I will not wait that long to come back. The food is outstanding, yes you must order the crispy spinach dish, but everything else we had was also wonderful. Our server knew the menu very well, and clearly knew which dishes were his favorite down to the ingredients. Great ambiance and service was impeccable. I will be back!Special Features:
- No Hurry...RestaurantWeekRWDined on 8/14/2014Food was outstanding. Server was great but they were really slow. Completely understandable during hectic Restaurant Week at an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing!ironchokolateDined on 8/14/2014I was always skeptical of Indian cuisines that are a bit more expensive than usual. However, Rasika definitely met my expectations and had a wonderful experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality Indian foodmyreviewsDined on 8/13/2014The atmosphere was very busy at Rasika, proving either that they are either understaffed, very popular or both. I was very happy with the food, but to me it does not go above and beyond other quality restaurants in the area, such as Heritage India - which offers great food without the hustle and bustle of Rasika. We were there on a Wednesday and things were quite busy. Besides the pace of the restaurant, the service was very friendly and they did not try to rush us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.