633 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rasikarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2026371222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vikram Sunderam
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Atul Narain 2026371222x
A word from Rasika
Rasika is a modern Indian Cuisine restaurant showcasing Tawa (Griddle), Sigri (open Barbeque), Tandoori and regional dishes.Continued
We have a temperature controlled wine cellar, offer small plates and a modern lounge.
We have a temperature controlled wine cellar, offer small plates and a modern lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Rasika - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Rasika reviews from OpenTable diners
601 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (449)special occasion (361)hot spot (219)romantic (185)great for lunch (147)neighborhood gem (138)good for groups (114)notable wine list (102)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- delicious!KatherineDined on 10/27/2014We had heard Rasika was a great restaurant, but we were still surprised to find how great it was. Our server provided incredible suggestions, and we were not remotely disappointed with anything he proposed. We will definitely return -- if we can get in! This place was crowded even for a 2pm lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best 5 meals I've ever had. From the spinach dish to the curries to the fabulous ambiance to the Indian whiskey -- which I'd never even heard of -- this meal was full of surprises and delicious food. Absolutely do the chef's tasting menu, you won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Absolutely worth the wait. This was our first visit, so our party of two shared one 6 course tasting menu with meat, and another 6 course menu with meat . The tasting menu featured Rasika's most renowned dishes including a delightful flash fried spinach appetizer, a course that featured 9 tapa sized portions of exquisite traditional Indian stew-like dishes, and the star of the evening...the black cod, which left us both wondering if we might be experiencing faintness as we were overcome with wonderment. What an amazing evening. I'm booking my next visit as soon as I finish this review.Special Features:
- Don't understand the hypefoodlover218VIPDined on 10/24/2014The food is ok, very inconsistent. I have had awesome dishes from this chef at events, so I don't doubt he deserves the accolades, but his restaurant doesn't represent him well.
- OutstandingAnonVIPDined on 10/24/2014Went for lunch with friends from work and as always, the food and service were outstanding. If you like Indian food, this is the absolute best. Even if you think you don't like Indian food, you will find something you like at Rasika.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one word...HungryinAtlantaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Can be used to describe this restaurant: AMAZING By pass the menu and simply as for the 4 or 6 course meal. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4.5 StarsDktran31VIPDined on 10/22/2014Had a dinner reservation for my girlfriend and I last night. We had the chef's tasting menu. Absolutely loved the first 4 courses, palak chaat, honey ginger scallops, spicy reshmi kebab, black cod...all A+ dishes. We were too full to finish the 5th course (curries, breads, rice) and I'm not a big dessert fan so I didn't care too much for the 6th course. The palak chaat, crispy baby spinach in yogurt sauce, is to die for. Perfect way to start the menu. The scallop was huge and very soft. The black bod was a pretty large piece and very well-prepared. Our waiter was very accommodating, he happily moved us to a different table after we put in the request. Our water glasses were constantly refilled and he checked with us often. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- Superb!DCFoodie2Dined on 10/21/2014Treated my significant other to a surprise birthday dinner @ Penn Quarter. We were seated w/i 15 minutes of our reservation; and enjoyed a drink at the bar talking to other patrons about their favorites on the menu. Once we were seated, Bo our server was impeccable! Enjoyed the highly recommended Palak Chaat, Meen Varuval/Sea Bass, Tandoori Lamb Chops and Chicken Green Masala. All Phenomenal! Once you dine at Raskia you will be back. Make sure you make reservation on your way out. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantZiziDined on 10/21/2014We were very pleased with our dinner at Rasika. The table was ready , the service super good and the food was nothing but wonderful. The only negative is that the level of noise is high and was difficult to carry a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but...FirsttimerDined on 10/21/2014The 6:30 pm and later noise level detracted from excellent, interesting food and made conversation difficult. Found myself wishing for translucent, vacuum filled partitions to stop raucous laughter and near shouts of revelers and this was a Tuesday evening. Still, a restaurant to enjoy with excellent staff and clearly great food.Special Features:
- MnugerVIPDined on 10/20/2014As good as the Washington Post's recent Fall Dining Guide said it would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho-hum, what is the fuss?OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/19/2014Decent Indian food that is very expensive, served in a nice dining room with attentive waiters. A few dishes were excellent, most were average and can be found at any neighborhood Indian restaurant for half the price. The vegetables sides were not as complex as I like and the eggplant dish (Baingan Saraf) was over salted. The Honey Ginger Scallop was almost boring and did not justify the $12 price tag. The famous Palak Chaat (fried spinach) was ok tad sweet for my taste. This is a good restaurant but I wouldn't go 5 minutes out of my way to dine here, due to the prices.
- New and Interesting Indian FoodDawnDined on 10/19/20144 of us had an early dinner reservation this past Sunday. We arrived early (after allotting extra traffic time) and were promptly seated. After perusing the menu we started with cocktails - both twists on classic cocktails that incorporated flavors of India - and decided to have the tasting menu. One of our party is allergic to all seafood and we stated that up front. As the dishes started to come out one of the appetizers provided as part of the tasting menu was a grilled sea bass - sadly, not something we could all eat. The server was apologetic when we pointed out this fact and quickly brought a replacement dish. Overall, the food and service were fantastic and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Unforgettable Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent. We enjoyed our dinner very much. Especially the 'Palak Chatt"Special Features:
- Springbrook1Dined on 10/18/2014For those seeking a place to spend time with friends while also enjoying excellent food, Rasika is not the place. We went early to avoid loud conversation, but sports fans had jammed the place. The noise level abated when they left, but we still couldn't hear each other or the server comfortably. The food was good, but it was hard to enjoy it.Special Features:
- FantasticCowgoddessDined on 10/18/2014Service and food were impeccable. The host went out of his way to make sure our experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and FoodievegafoodieDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and service. Many choices for a vegan foodie. Noise level too high and could not be described it as energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant came with a great reputation. It is deserved. the food was exceptional, the service very attentive and paid attention to detail. Would definitely go next time we are in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevenStevenDined on 10/18/2014Excellent restaurant with great attentive service. Food was innovative and well prepared and well presented. The tables were a little small for 4 people with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the reviews.foodadventurist12Dined on 10/17/2014Wow. By myself and did not want to over order. Let the waiter order for me with a few directions. Was blown away by how pleasing the palak chaat was. He also brought me a piece of black cod, some of the most delicious fish I have ever had. I will visit Washington again just to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oksana was amazing!WillsommDined on 10/16/2014From start to finish this place will floor you. Amazing food with perfect service makes for a perfect date night. Not only were we seated 30 minutes early but Oksana was on top of it making sure we had food out quickly. The palak chaat was outstanding as always and the Tikka Masala so good I got it to go after dinner. Thanks for being the best Indian food in the city and for living up to the #1 title you deserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing specialAnnieDined on 10/16/2014I booked this restaurant since I had heard that this is the best indian food I can ever have. The starters were very good, but the main was nothing special. I specifically asked for no hot and spicy food, and our server ensured me that the food we ordered was not spicy. Some of it was spicy, and had to leave the food there. The food and wines are too expensive for the taste and type of food we had.Special Features:
- My favorite in DCBeBeWhyDined on 10/16/2014Rasika never disappoints. The food is ALWAYS outstanding.Special Features:
- zelliDined on 10/14/2014Best meal I've had since Girl and the Goat in Chicago a year ago---perhaps even better. Good, clean food, with pure tastes and wonderful presentation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old meets a new interpretationpoppoDined on 10/13/2014nice, friendly staff. Modern interpretation of Classic Indian culinary. fresh ingredients like aromatic herbs and sizzling dishes just out of the kitchen. I will go back there. Because I went there during Holiday lunch hours, it was crowded and a little noisy, but the usher led to a relatively quiet corner. I appreciated the consideration.Special Features:
- PhilDined on 10/13/2014The Crispy Spinach was OUTSTANDING! Not at all what I expected from the name. I was going to pass on this menu item, but my wife ordered it. I will certainly order it the next time I go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoW!!IslandSunset99Dined on 10/11/2014Rasika lives up to all of the hype. Made reservation 2months in advance. Well worth the wait. We will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rasika visitPanchoDined on 10/11/2014First visit: excellent food, great variety of flavors, and very pleasant and prompt service as had been recommended. We had two cocktails from the bar's creation that were also quite tasty - and spicy. Two appetizers, two entrees and a shared dessert are perfect for two; no super-sized servings (a good thing). All at a reasonable price. We had a table in a quiet side-room which helped the conversation. We certainly plan to return!Special Features:
- Delightfully DeliciousVioletAlexeiDined on 10/10/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday -- he's been twice for lunch and loved it. Since it was the first time either of us were eating dinner here, we got the 6-course tasting menu which is a great choice for first time diners. We added a half portion of the black cod and salmon (major points for offering half sized entrees!) and absolutely loved the salmon -- we cannot say enough about it. Quick, friendly service. Make sure you make a reservation well in advance!Special Features:
- My new favorite!smilingabsDined on 10/10/2014My first visit to Rasika with some girlfriends and after that first visit, I knew I had to come back with my husband. It was great timing because we had an anniversary coming up. Our anniversary was on Friday and Rasika did not disappoint. We actually had the same server and he was as great as the first visit. We had the palak chaat, mixed grill, chicken tikka masala, saag palak, and truffle naan as our appetizer and entrees. Everything was delicious (although, the chicken in the mixed grill was our least favorite compared to the ground lamb and salmon). We also got a complimentary dates & toffee cake (YUM!) as a treat for our anniversary. I had a latte to accompany it and even that was delicious. I can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Fantastic Vegetarian Food!JunioDined on 10/10/2014We ordered the vegetarian tasting menu for 2 with wine pairing and couldn't be happier. Each course was delicious and the wines chosen by the restaurant were perfect. Our waiter made sure we had a variety of items and that we didn't just receive the same dishes so we got to try almost 8 items. I highly recommend this restaurant and strongly suggest the tasting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceRoxxDined on 10/9/2014My boyfriend and I split the 6 course tasting and each of us got the wine pairing as well. It was fantastic. Impeccable service, outstanding food... What more can you ask for? Cons: the dessert. If you're like me and you have a sweet tooth, this is not the place for dessert. The apple fritters were delicious, but the rest was spicy. Not like spicy hot like a a chocolate with cayenne, but like savory dish with Indian spices made into an ice cream and a bland carrot pure. Pros: everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply... Awesome!DisappointedVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great from start to finish. Shared 4 different entrees (upon server recommendations) and lived all 4 of them in different ways. As a million others suggested, the crispy spinach is a must have! The Dal was the best I've ever had. Wish I had time this trip to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rasika hits it out of the ParkCanuckDCDined on 10/8/2014Great food, exceptional service. Loved the experience & will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Everything was above par. The spinach appetizer is not to be missed, crispy & flavorful - bon appetitSpecial Features:
- excellent Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent Indian food in a city with many choices. Don't miss their small portion vegetarian dishes that allow your group to share tapas style. Also they have great cardamon and cinnamon ice creams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!ktpieDined on 10/8/2014Absolutely incredible! Great food and fantastic service!Special Features:
- Rasika never disappointsOlddogsarethebestdogsDined on 10/7/2014I took a colleague from Michigan there for dinner, and he was overwhelmed by the quality of the food and service. Enjoyed ambience as well. The waiter was extremely gracious and helpful, even recommending dessert. I always enjoy the special cocktails and thought "Last Flight Home" (correct names?) was spectacular. both locations but prefer the downtown one. Will return as often as possible.Special Features:
- Always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014I look forward to every time I go to Rasika -- the food and service are always wonderful. I have found that it's much easier to get a reservation at lunch.Special Features:
- food is good but no differentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014When I recommend, I would say this worth a visit once. It is too expensive for the quality of food served. I don't see how the food is different from any other Indian restaurant in and around DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.