801 S. La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rascalla.com/
- Phone: 3239333229x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Andy Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: You will find no TVs at Rascal, we believe in the art of conversation.
- Cross Street: 8th Street
- Public Transit: Bus stop out front on La Brea, all major bus stops one block North on La Brea
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available Monday through Friday
Parking on La Brea Ave. after 7pm and all weekend long
Bank of America lot on La Brea Blvd.& Wilshire for $5.
Public lot on Detroit Ave. & Wilshire Blvd
A word from Rascal
Rascal is what every neighborhood needs... a local restaurant that caters to the neighborhood, better know as a neighborhood Hang. Located at the corner of La Brea and Eight in Mid-City, Los Angeles we offer Casual America Fare from Chef Andy Lee; steak frites, Rascal burgers, grilled tilapia, shrimp roll sandwich, short ribs over tater tots and more, all served up with craft beer, selected wines by the glass and house-made sangria. Open nightly at 5:00 we start with our Daily Dose, regarded by many as one of the best happy hours in town. We are always full of neighbors and folk who work in Miracle Mile. We look forward to having you join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rascal reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- We enjoyed eating herejustawomanDined on 8/22/2014I found Rascal on Yelp, and we decided to try it out since it was local to us. We are so glad we did. Good food, good service, and lots of energy all around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bread for sandwichessimplenoshDined on 8/19/2014I had the shrimp roll (like a lobster roll, but with shrimp) and it was great. My only dig on it was that it was perhaps a bit too small for the $14 price. The service was pleasant and attentive. The only other issue I have was that I made a reservation many days in advance, but we were seated close to the bathroom. This meant I was bumped into numerous times, there was a lot of activity near us, and it was, you know, near the bathroom. I would think someone who thinks in advance to let a restaurant know they will be there would get one of the better seats. I am guaranteed income, not a random person on the street. Not to mention it was a Tuesday night. A reserved cover on a Tuesday ought to be treated like gold.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundmycleverusernameDined on 8/18/2014I love eating at Rascal. All-night Happy Hour on Mondays is a great treat. Versatile setting and excellent food and wines make it perfect for either dates or business dinners. Highly recommend. And be sure to try the brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. A bit hot,MemeDined on 7/24/2014Also, parking can be a issue soon. A bit hot & humid........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best $6 Burger in LA!JadessBDined on 6/23/2014Came here on a Monday night, which has happy hour ALL night! The burger was great, and only $6 because it was a happy hour special... Ridiculous! Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but Attention to Detail NeededFateoptionalDined on 5/31/2014Food was generally on the good side, though more attention could be paid to the type of bread used on various sandwiches. Service was spotty -- friendly, but our party saw others come in, sit down, eat and leave before we received our meal. This Saturday early eve seemed sleepy, with the A/C off until we asked for it to be cooled down. The burger was good (the bun is too hard), brussels sprouts had nice flavor (but were drowning in sauce), the French dip just okay (pretzel bun-odd choice). Tater tots good. Happy hour menu is robust, and is the best case for going to Rascal -- that menu has value. An okay time, but a little lazy to make me encourage my party back again when there are so many places that pay attention to the details better.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Rascal reviews archive.
- great happy hourbebeDined on 5/9/2014We came here for dinner and drinks before a show at the El Rey. It's less than a mile away so convenient for us. The sangria was great, the server was so nice and treated us very well. We had the fried chicken sandwich, the eggplant parmesan sandwich, short rib bowl, faro and cauliflower salad and brussel sprouts. It was all very good. The brussels were a little too heavy on cream and bacon. We also had the banana cake, butterscotch pudding in a jar to share. Also very good. Great prices and really nice people who run the place. We were treated very well.Special Features:
- Great casual spot on La BreaJeevieJaiHoDined on 5/2/2014Really enjoyed my first time here - happy hour specials are great ($6 for drinks/food) & the service was excellent. Definitely a great casual spot - the gyros, salmon tartare, and meatballs were all very good.Special Features:
- Fun and DeliciousNicoleVIPDined on 3/27/2014Fun place to go with friends. The food was good, the ambience was lovely, and the wine was delicious. Great gastropub.
- Great New Local Gastro PubLANativeDined on 3/22/2014This is a great new neighborhood gem, just off of Wilshire on La Brea. I've driven by 100 times, so my wife and I finally decided to give it a try one Friday night, and what a great decision that was. They have a great wine list and a very good selection of craft brews. The ambiance is upbeat and lively, and the staff are all very helpful and attentive. The salmon was just spectacular, although I'm going to have to try the burger the next time I go, which will be soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad ParkingRickyTVIPDined on 3/15/2014We went here Saturday night because it was last minute and they had a reservation available. It was just 2 of us. Parking was a real problem. We drove around for a good 10-15 minutes trying to find a spot and they don't have valet. Once we finally did find a spot, we sat right down and the food was outstanding. Pros: Great food, friendly service Cons: No parking, it was HOT in the restaurant, only beer and wineSpecial Features:
- Fun Little GemRRRWDined on 3/3/2014We're from out of town, and we just happened upon this place when headed to a concert at the El Rey theater, which is just around the corner. We were quite surprised by the creative lite-bite-salad-burger menu in what appeared to be just a cute little standard burger and beer joint. Everything we tried was delicious! Can't comment on the beer. The wine selections were fun and reasonably priced; the sangria was yummy. The proprietor and servers were very friendly, and they worked very hard to make everyone's experience great. We had the occasion to return a month later, and we had a very similar positive experience. We can't wait for another opportunity to be in LA because we'll surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little neigborhood pubNotatalossDined on 2/23/2014Although it is on LaBrea, has the atmosphere of a neighborhood place. Good food is appropriate portions. Would eat there again and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute placeKarlitaflowerDined on 2/15/2014Great appetizers and drinks, try the fried chicken and Moscow mule during happy hour. My husband and I will be back, his steak was perfectly cooked and we loved the curly fries and tater tots as we!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAT HERE IT IS GREATstephsDined on 2/15/2014Came here on a friend's recommendation w a few others who had never been here before. We all had a WONDERFUL time. We came during happy hour. Happy hour is every day (!) from 5-7pm and there is a varied selection of drinks & food for $6 each. We ordered a bunch of food and shared it between us. We had the fried chicken, cheeseburger, meatballs, Brussels sprouts, pickled veggies, and baby back ribs served over tater tots. My favorites by far were the chicken and pickles. The servers were very awesome as well. Friendly and just the right amount of attentive. The noise level for a bar was pretty quiet. There were some large groups and the TVs were on, but my friends and I were able to converse at a normal level. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RascalJmonDined on 2/13/2014This place has it's own thing going for it. It's food is comparable to the other New American restaurants without being pretentious. I loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot for happy hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014They have a happy hour menu with everything for $6. Their tator tots are to die for!! Our waitress put up with us moving from the table she put us at to another one and finally to the bar. A cool little place that's easy to miss. Been meaning to try it for months and so glad I finally did. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rascal - neighborhood gemLAdineNclubDined on 1/29/2014I love that Rascal is a low key, chill go-to place in the neighborhood. Terrific wine & beer selection. The Fried Chicken appetizer is a must! This most recent visit I had the burger, fantastic and it paired so well with the beer and wine choices offered. Nice job!Special Features:
- Fun Date Night Restaurantchoster33Dined on 1/25/2014Went to Rascal for a date. The place is really cute and fun. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. The pork belly appetizer was amazing. Would come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem of a SurpriseRRRWDined on 1/16/2014We're Oregonians who were in LA for show at a nearby theater. As we scouted the neighborhood for parking, we noticed this little place on the corner, and I remembered its better-than-average reviews. We gave it a try, and, the bottom line is that it was all good. The place was full, but not overly crowded. The noise-level was energetic but not overwhelming. The service (two hard-working waitresses and Sandy, the owner) was friendly and accommodating. The menu is very small, but there's a lot of variety and creativity. The Pork Two Way Sandwich was absolutely delicious. A nice satisfactory rotating wine and beer menu is soon to be supplemented with a full bar. Overall, we were very glad we happened upon this little place.Special Features:
- Fun place and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013This place was happening on a Friday night and it was very loud! Tables are pretty close so not good for an intimate meal. Food was good and in perfect size portions, both the shared plates and the entrees. The only problem we had was getting the french fries, they keep telling us they were coming but the didn't come until we had almost finished our meal. The funny thing was the table next to us had the same problem earlier, so I thought that was odd. They have hard cider too which is hard to find. Did not try the wine or beer. Yes, would go back again.Special Features:
- The service needs improvement.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013The service needs improvement. The waitress didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Didn't really smile, didn't offer the dessert menu until we asked. The food took a little longer then expected. I was on my second drink before the food came and we didn't order anything fancy, a burger and two salads.Special Features:
- Great Little Neighborhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013Solid bar food at very reasonable prices. Their Daily Dose (happy hour) is got to be one of the best in town! Nice folks and great atmosphere, what is not to love? I will be back soon.Special Features:
- My Favorite Neighborhood RestaurantmayqlafDined on 7/4/2013This is my absolute favorite neighborhood restaurant. I just love this place. I''ve been there several times and I've recommended it to my friends in the area. They all agree, this is a great place to eat! The $5 daily dose specials from 5-7pm are the best deal in town. BY FAR! The other menu items are also reasonably priced and the quality of the food is superb. The owners Sandy and Rebecca are super personable. They'll probably stop by your table and say hello while you're there. If you're driving. You can park at the Firestone across the street for free after 6pm. I've got to stop...before I start humming the theme song to Cheers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Monday deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/1/2013Fantastic $5 Happy Hour specials good all night Monday - Wow! Food was very good and fun neighborhood hang out!