1601 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
MalaysianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rasasayangusa.com/index.html
- Phone: 3025435286
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - Sat: 10:30pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Malaysian, Indian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Rasa Sayang
In Sanskrit, the word "Rasa" means Full of Essence. In every dish offered from our kitchen is restaurant it is our mission to serve our customers with authentic food that offers full essence in flavour and tastes. The word "Sayang" is Loving Dearly" in Malay language. It is our desire that you also love the food served to you as well. For customers who are adventurous and like to taste spicy hot asian and indian-influenced foods, we offer many choices of dishes that are marinated with spices originated from South East Asia, particulary from Malaysia. We pride ourselves on accomodating any special requests from our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rasa Sayang reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always consistently good food!DaisyTVIPDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for quite a few years now. The food is freshly prepared and very unique. The servers are friendly and very helpful. They will explain each dish and tweak it to your liking and taste. We're very lucky to have such a wonderful Thai restaurant so close by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very good food, generous portions, well priced, nice staff...what's not to to like?Special Features:
- Great Malaysian foodnfunguyDined on 7/23/2014Rasa Sayang is a good place to have Malayasian food. They are prompt in service and food is very high quality. The only reason I would not rate it 5 stars--is some dishes are cooked to suit Western tastes--the authentic Malaya taste is missing.Special Features:
- Malaysian FindAdventurousDined on 6/20/20146/20 We found Rasa Sayang online. We love Malaysian-Indonesian food. Two of us ordered these items. Starters: Roti with chicken/potato curry - great thin bread, tasty mild curry; Mixed Satay, beef & chicken. We make our own & always try others. This was very Malaysian, lovely spicing, not too hot, nice and thick. Entrees: Thai Basil Beef - good, not great, obviously cheap cut of beef; Crispy Red Snapper in Thai Sauce - fantastic! We love crispy fish without breading. This was just right - crispy outside, moist inside. The sauce was truly outstanding, memorable flavor, thick and generous. We literally mopped up the sauce. We'd return alone. Prices are reasonable. The waiter hovered too much, but the hostess was sweet. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Rasa Sayang reviews archive.
- Philly123VIPDined on 5/10/2014I don't care for most Indian/Asian food when it is spicy, but this restaurant worked well for our group which included people like me and people who love spicy Malay and other Asian food. It is very good value for money. And we all agreed we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElyseUUVIPDined on 5/3/2014Really enjoyed our meal. My husband and I both had chicken with curry, done two different ways. Both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/19/2014Plain, friendly and authentic - hard to ask for more. The Malay dishes were terrific with strong, smooth flavors and very fresh ingredients. Spicy is variable, so do not be put off by this descriptor. The server was happy to take as much time as we needed to be sure that we were getting something that we would enjoy. It worked perfectly. They also have a number of Thai and Indian dishes, but those are available elsewhere, so stick to the Malay. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:
- Had a birthday dinner for 10...mountedsailorVIPDined on 4/13/2014Great food, great service. They let us bring in our own birthday dessert and served it graciously. Everyone was happy with his or her meal and the appetizers were wonderful, too. Their homemade tofu is amazing.Special Features:
- Always GreatRAL1Dined on 3/28/2014Excellent place - always delivers tasty, healthy dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceRasafanDined on 3/18/2014Used to go to Rasa often. Hadn't been in a while, and it was great to go back. The food was excellent (as always) and it was good to see the staff again. Always a consistantly high quality meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJennLDined on 2/8/2014We had a party of 7 and enjoyed the malaysian cuisine! I enjoyed a noodle dish with thai iced coffee and the flavor was delicious! Also, although the restaurant became pretty crowded the service was not compromised.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!ChaddsfordfoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014This is one of my most favorite restaurants in the area. The staff are very friendly, and the food is phenomenal! The Pad Thai is what I recommend to everyone when I tell them to try Rasa Sayang.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic but accessibleDelawareDinerDined on 12/31/2013Our dinner was delicious: well prepared, complex sauces, attractive presentation. Our server was very helpful in describing the dishes and aiding us to choose a variety of dishes for our introduction to Malaysian cuisine. Among the best Oriental restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prompt service, friendly staff,PatchesSADined on 12/22/2013Prompt service, friendly staff, food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rasa Sayang never disappoints.elliejVIPDined on 11/27/2013Rasa Sayang never disappoints. The food is tasty, unusual and inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2013Brought some friends to our favorite Asian restaurant. Our regular orders of Rasa Sayang Chicken, Veggies, and Mango chicken were wonderful. However, our friend's snapper and vegetables was horribly fishy tasting. He was too nice to complain and my husband who also tasted declined to send it back. The normally great quality of dishes here sometimes suffers from less than fresh seafood. Wish they would work on that problem. We will continue to come for the other great dishes and warm, welcoming service.
- Great meal at Rasa SayungDevondinesoutDined on 11/9/2013Went here with my boyfriend. Ordered two appetizers And an entree. Very large portions. Perfect for Sharing, especially the pineapple fried rice served in a Pineapple. Also very reasonably priced, paid about the Same at dinner that we paid for two movie tickets. Definitely recommend and we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVanntasticVIPDined on 10/4/2013The beef satay and the roti canai are standout dishes. Our served was very attentive and he made some suggestions. This is our second time eating here and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!!! Calamari rocked!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2013Awesome food!!! Calamari rocked!! Thai basil noodle usually fantastic but flavor was a little bland this time! Pad Thai is delicious same with the pineapple fried rice!! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013I eat a lot of different Asian food, i am less familiar with Malaysian cuisine than Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Indian, or Infonesian, so I can't really say how it compares to other Malaysian places or a home cooked Malaysian meal - what I can say is that the food is really good. I have been several times for lunch and dinner and occasionally get take out. The drinks are strong and the staff is friendly. I recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Better than ChineseTooBlueVIPDined on 7/18/2013A nice combination for sharing and pleasant serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten at Rasa SayangelliejVIPDined on 7/5/2013We have eaten at Rasa Sayang often and never have a bad meal. A favorite is the mango chicken, but when we also try their specials, we're never disappointed. Hearty quantities, tasty fare and low prices! A winner!!!Special Features:
- Varied Malaysian CuisineSusanSVIPDined on 6/27/2013On our first visit we shared Roti with dipping sauce that was hot and crispy, an assortment of traditional appetizers, including Satay and spring rolls. All were execellent. We relied on our server to recommend entrees and we ended with beef curry, chicken curry, fish in coconut milk and fish curry. All were labeled as Hot and Spicy, but they did not pass 6 on a ten-point scale; piquant but not searing. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- We love this placeLeslieBDined on 6/8/2013Rasa Sayang is one of my favorite places. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are wonderful about suggesting the right dish and the food is consistently outstanding. It is reasonably priced with large portions. Our favorite thing to do is order several dishes and share, so everyone gets to taste something different. We are working our way through the extensive menu. Haven't been disappointed yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for a vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013We had three carnivores including one child age eleven and one modified vegetarian (chicken and fish only, and maybe not even that), and one unrepentant vegetarian. All were very happy with their meals and would return for more. The food is delicious and freshly prepared, as well as delicious for those who are different in their tastes. I knew I wanted to bring my vegeratian daughter here for her birthday dinner because I also came for the birthday dinner of a friend who is friends with a very difficult vegan (maybe--I am not sure what she is, except difficult. Rasa Sayang has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I discovered this place soonerArchern69Dined on 5/18/2013Food was fantastic. Everything was excellent, service was wonderful, and not pricey. Waitress was very attentive and great with kids. We really felt she wanted us to have a great experience. I wish we knew about this place earlier. This will definitely be a new regular spot for us. I am shocked it wasn't more crowded. Has a bar too and offered beer specials. Also, food was amazingly flavorful and not too salty. However, food did not have significant heat for dishes marked "spicy". But we were offered additional hot sauce. This is not a complaint. However, I know Thai food in general is thought to be spicy, but don't let that steer you away. Flavors stood out all on their own. Check it out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Malay gemMPV1Dined on 5/12/2013Outstanding, fresh food cooked to the highest local Malay standards. Super, attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Malaysian foodLiv2eatDined on 5/10/2013The place was very comfortable , the main attraction was the "roti canai" which was really delicious and above all good service. The hostess was very pleasant and friendly , recommended good dishes for our small group . Overall great Malaysian food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!!mycenaea13Dined on 5/2/2013Everything tasted sooo good from the drinks to the main entree. Did not get the chance to try out the dessert menu because we were so stuffed after our main dish. The roti canai haunted me for days and I can't wait to go back so I can eat it again. I really enjoyed their food here! For all of you who like asian food,this is the place to be!!!oh and the server was really nice and hospitable!!=) i'm obsessed with this restaurant!!lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely find! Food was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/28/2013Lovely find! Food was absolutely amazing! Fresh, authentic and delicious! They can accommodate your taste buds, though if you don't like spicy, you won't enjoy true Malaysian cuisine! Only downside was there was only one server. She obviously was too occupied to really indulge questions about the food (My husband traveled to Malaysia a couple years back and wanted to pick her brain). The host was very friendly, his name is pronounce "Soon". And we will see him, Soon!!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent andJackVIPDined on 4/12/2013The food was excellent and I particularly recommend the Crispy Red Snapper in Thai Sauce. Service was very friendly but slow. I saw two separate tables of two get up and leave after waiting without anyone coming to their tables. If they could have held out, the food is worth it.
- Food is always delicious andelliejVIPDined on 4/5/2013Food is always delicious and inexpensive. We love Rasa Sayang.Special Features:
- Date night restaurantChaddsfordfoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2013My husband and I wanted to have our date night somewhere different than our usual place. I searched Open Table and noticed the great reviews of this restaurant. We were pleased with our choice! The food and service were excellent! This will be our new 'date night' place.Special Features:
- Exotic Cuisine in an Unexotic landOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013This is a wonderful place. The food is both exotic and authentic. Totally I characteristic of Wilmington's lack of food culture. Service is friendly and prices are very reasonable. The best place for green curry I have ever been to. Cocktails are unique and inventive.Special Features:
- this is a hidden gem in NorthSalJunebug1VIPDined on 12/31/2012this is a hidden gem in North Wilmington. I always bring people visiting from Malyasia or who have lived in Asia tot hsi restaurant tand they love it. If you are asked if you want the special of the day, say yes. I the lemon grass shrimp. We went for dinner on News Years Evening. Prices are reasonable. Service is good. this is also good for lunch...Special Features:
- Worth the TripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Rasa Sayang is worth the visit. They specialize in Malaysian food and many of their dishes are spicy. The weren't too many people there when my girlfriend and I went on a Friday night so the service was very fast and the waitress was very responsive to our needs. I got the curry chicken and my girlfriend got the curry vegetables and we were both very happy with our meals.Special Features:
- Rasa Sayang serves outstandingelliejVIPDined on 12/22/2012Rasa Sayang serves outstanding Malaysian food at a reasonable price. We've dined there often and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- I highly recommend this Gem!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012We had a fabulous dining experience . Our server was very knowledgable, attentive, friendly and service oriented . The food was delicious , we shared 4 entries and 2 appetizers that were selected by our server. A variety of items, fish, seafood. beef and chicken. All were uniquely different. I will definitely be returning many times, and highly recommend it to many others! Jane StrobelSpecial Features:
- I love the food at this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012I love the food at this place - original, authentic, tasty – like a restaurant in Kuala Lumpur on a Friday night. I will return to try more dishes, but on this occasion, it seemeded that we got it right again, both adults and 3 kids were very happy with the chosen food. The fish dish was especially nice the others were exotic yet not too mysterious for children, the salad was nice and spicy and enough to share so we didn't fill up before the main course. Service is always a bit rushed but friendly, wines were good and affordable.Special Features:
- We received our food AFTEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012We received our food AFTER other parties who were sat after us. Our "appetizer" came after some at the table had already received their main dishes. One of our party did not receive her entree until the rest of us were halfway through ours! It became laughable. Though the servers were helpful and pleasant, and the food was very good, the obvious problems in the kitchen really detracted from our meal.