650 Jericho Turnpike
Syosset, NY 11791Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rare650.com/
- Phone: (516) 496-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Hours: Opens everyday at 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Sean Blakeslee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catered Funtions from 20 people to 250. Please call Christine Walters at 516.496.8000
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday and Friday nights and live DJ on Thursday nights.
A word from RARE650
Executive Chef Sean Blakeslee has created a contemporary menu that has something for everyone. RARE 650 menu is is truly unique, combining tender prime dry-aged steaks with amazing sushi and seafood . Our international wine list offers over 700 selections, Sixty of which are available by the glass and recently awarded a two glass best of award from wine Spectator. Our magnificent wine room is the perfect setting for private events for up to 75 people. If you like the vibe and style of Hamptons, you're going to love... RARE 650's posh, new Outdoor Dining and Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
RARE650 - Best Restaurants in Syosset ›
RARE650 reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)fit for foodies (96)hot spot (82)notable wine list (79)good for groups (76)vibrant bar scene (76)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (15)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- MBIIDined on 11/19/2014Not our first visit, but my son's choice for his 25th birthday dinner. For a steak house, the chef is a bit more creativity than is the norm and all food is tasty and well prepared. However, it is way overpriced for what is being offered. There are many other restaurants with superior fare at half the cost. I believe it is the chic bar scene and clientele that drives the price tag. One item I was disappointed in was the quality of the "premium" pour wine. At $20 per glass I would have expected a higher quality selection. If the check does phase you and overall enjoyable dining experience with quality service and a nice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Rare is a favorite of mine Beautiful delicious and a great people watcher spot they just redecorated a wonderful outdoor setting that was being used for a private party. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is just one of my favorite places to go!DSCZVIPDined on 11/18/2014This restaurant is a constant . This is where I go to have a great meal, be served by my favorite server. Sit and truly know that life is okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/18/2014It was a magical evening. Food was outstanding and service to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhates2cookDined on 11/17/2014We were recently in the area and decided we wanted steak for dinner so we dined here. The steak was great we each had the bone in Rib Eye. However, plan on spending a good amount for it. $54 for each steak plus another $12 for a side and and $9 for a salad. You get my drift that everything is ala cart and a little on the high side. We often eat at high end restaurants and would rate this one a little above average. But if you want a great rib eye then such it up on the price...you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeSteakJunky17Dined on 11/14/2014Rare 650 is a nice steakhouse . If your looking for a cheap meal this is not for you. Of the Scotto brothers 3 steakhouses I preferr insignia or blackstones over rare 650. I did enjoy it overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!Singer8Dined on 11/14/2014My husband ordered a New York strip steak that was lukewarm and under cooked. My lamb chop were fatty and my daughter's glass of wine was 22 dollars! If everything was fantastic I wouldn't care. In addition the sushi was just okay. We were here before and thought it was very good. Extremely disappointed! Go to RothmansSpecial Features:
- harriVIPDined on 11/13/2014My dinner was very good, but for $39 , i should be dining in a michlin star restaurant. Sushi rolls also incredibly expensive. Many for over $35...even at Morimoto, the prices arent like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply fantastic.KMBGDined on 11/11/2014I am a frequent diner at this establishment. I've never had a bad meal, the service is always perfect. My only issue is the prices. Not even the food prices. It's the prices of the drinks that are a bit high. $16 for a martini is high for LI. You pay that at the high end restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerNawrasDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary, the service was great, Keith/Raul/The wine guy were absolutely very attentive and nice. The food was delicious, but the finale was the home made doughnuts. What we would call in France peche mighon! Everything was synchronized and smoothly flowing, the waiter was not pushy and the booth setting was a great plus.Special Features:
- Truly DisappointedfoodiefriendsDined on 11/8/2014This was criminally overpriced and the food was less than mediocre. The reviews online were all pretty positive, and the menu looked promising. We consider ourselves true foodies and were shocked at the quality of food we received. The Rare650 roll we had was ok. Nothing special other than the price at $36 for a roll that we enjoyed less than those we've purchased from the supermarket. The oysters had no flavor and the shrimp and scallops took a tremendous effort to cut and chew. We considered the steaks, but as first timers, wanted to test the cuisine before we paid top dollar. Needless to say, we were very thankful. That was the only good decision we made. Never again and would highly discourage anyone from going.
- RIfoodieDined on 11/7/2014Stone crabs were cold, fresh and delicious. The 40 oz steak special was prepared perfectly. tender, juicy , and enjoyed by all. The Bronzino was somewhat dry and tasteless. The broccoli and baked potato came out cold. The waiter was happy to bring another order very quickly.Special Features:
- Beautiful & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/4/2014As close to perfect as one could expect. Beautiful, delicious food. Wonderful wine list. Professional service. Can't wait to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid MealKnightOfNiVIPDined on 11/2/2014Don't miss their Sunday dinner. Really nice place, terrific service, nice wine list and a great Sunday meal. Go!Special Features:
- Expensive but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Had the best veal chop on the planet! Great side dishes and service was on point Had a fabulous corner table in the new gazebo which was the best in the place Kudos to Anthony ascot to and his staff on making this such a special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!PamBVIPDined on 11/1/2014We came here for the first time for my husbands birthday. The decor was fabulous, the food and drinks were amazing. The service was wonderful. It is a very cool place to be. I can't wait to go back and especially have dinner there when we can dine or have drinks outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodsteak42Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I ate at rare650 for our anniversary and the food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The really was a special occasionDSCZVIPDined on 11/1/2014I love this place and come here often, but this dinner was a VERY special occasion. I was my Mother's 93rd Birthday! and they treated her royally!Special Features:
- Very Good, not GreatHofProfVIPDined on 11/1/2014RARE650 is a trendy, upscale restaurant with a great selection of meat, fish and wine. However, you can get much better meal at a lower price in many restaurants nearby. This place is all about the 'scene.' There is a great deal of investment in the facilities and in the staff, who are fabulous. But if it's a top notch meal that you are looking for, go elsewhere. Not worth the hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "rare" gemGaetanoDined on 11/1/2014One of the better dining experiences I have had...and I have had many. Sat in the atrium room and it was more romantic than the other rooms. The food was fantastic, as my steak was cooked exactly how I like it. The service was friendly, attentive, but not overbearing. The price is very high, but not any more so than other fine steak houses. Next time I will try the sushi as an appetizer. Bring your best bottle of wine and pay the corkage fee ($25). It is plenty worth it if your wine is $100 per bottle or more. At the restaurant it would be over $250!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been thereHappy1Dined on 11/1/2014Food and drink prices appear to be out of proportion to the decor, food, and service, conveniently omitted from the internet-published menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing, as well as the environment, and the staff made it especially great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014frozen crab and a disrespectful manger , althought the waiter was great
- PwrcoupleDined on 10/28/2014My boyfriend and I absolutely love this place! We've been here multiple times and continue to come back. Service is always excellent along with the food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andrewDined on 10/24/2014This was the first and last time we will subject ourselves to this restuarant . We were promised the new room yet we were put in the corner of the worst area. The place was half full and never got busy. One of us ordered tomato and onion. What he got was 3 small slices of a tiny tomatoe and a tiny slice onion. $18. LOL! The waiter was never around. At the end of our meal. No one came for coffee or dessert for 30 min. When I ask the waiter where he was. He said" he was busy with other table" LOL! We ask to see manager. He never came to table. So I went to see him! No REALresponce! Steak was ok but not great! To many other places to go that care about their patrons!Special Features:
- MetfanDined on 10/23/2014amazing food, great service, I will return again. loved the lobster mac & cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014My dining experience at the Rare650 was just as good or better than my previous visit. Not only was the food phenomenal the service could not have been better. I can't wait to return. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebjebDebjebDined on 10/18/2014Our entire experience was terrific! The request for seating in the terrace room was granted; the service was great; the food was delicious! Lobster bisque, lobster cocktail, Wagyu Beef, and a shrimp entree were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No atrium seating pls.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated a special occasion at Rare last week. At first we were seated in this atrium that has recently been added and asked to be moved. Quite frankly people shouldn't be seated there unless they specifically ask for a table in that section. That is more appropriate for a summer day Sunday brunch that for a nice dinner. It was loud and felt like a catering hall rather than a restaurant. Fortunately it was early enough that they were able to accommodate another table in the dining room. Don't be stuck with a table there. Make sure to specific when you make the reservation. Other than that it was a lovely evening and the food was good.
- CookieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Branzino was delish....oysters perfect (cocktail sauce was on point, which can make all the difference yummy cheesecake. Thursday nights turns into an over 30 dance club, music was very good if you're into that scene. Check it out, its fun for the night if youre bored!Special Features:
- Great placeHB921Dined on 10/14/2014Rare650 is great in every aspect of going out to a restaurant except the pricing. It is a bit pricey which is the reason I go there very ocaisionally. Should it have been a bit more affordable (dont mean cheap), I would have picked it more often. The food is lip smacking (though dessert menu can be improved a bit) service excellent if you have the right staff waiting on you. Overall a good experience everytime I come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014As always, Rare650 delivers with outstanding food and service. This is my go-to place!Special Features:
- Ok food for a high priceLjbevDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful restaurant but just Ok food for a very high price... Overstuffed but not such great service. We waited almost 2 hours for our food because they said they had a big party upstairs. Our burn broccoli came out ice cold for $13...they brought us a hot one but still.....Special Features:
- excellentkarenpDined on 10/10/2014Food delicious as well as service. Desserts superb.Special Features:
- Flawless!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2014Our dining experience at Rare650 was flawless in every regard. The chef has the ability to create a dish with food combinations that are unusual and yet makes the heart cry for joy upon eating it. The service was perfectly timed, unobtrusive and helpful with suggestions and descriptions of the dishes on the menu when needed. We WILL return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin' the new patioDSCZVIPDined on 10/9/2014HOLY COW, the NEW patio is Spectacular!!! Of course the food is ALWAYS delicious, the service is always attentive but now the restaurant has been taken to even a new height. I Love it EVEN more. I can't wait to be there on the new patio while the snow is falling softly on the glass ceiling patio with the ambit heated floor as well. FOOD and ambience.Special Features:
- Service Eh!WaitNoMoreDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant was virtually empty and wait staff was inattentive. Numerous times we had to pause our meal. The food (filet mignonette, veal chop & lobster) itself was quite good. I have been there when it's crowded and service was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the event room.schrockstarDined on 10/4/2014If you make a reservation at Rare650, you're basically just playing roulette with the ambience of the table you get. You might get lucky and get seated in the original/traditional part of the restaurant. Or you might get put into something they call "the annex", which is a greenhouse-like room that has a serious noise-echoing problem and is really more fit to be used for a large event; the ambience for a steak house dinner is poor if you end up seated there. Not worth playing the odds.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGoodFoodMaryDined on 10/4/2014It was a truly enjoyable experience with fantastic service and food. The restaurant was not too loud and the wait staff took time to explain all items that I could enjoy while being gluten free. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the first time should be a blast.RaffVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was not impressed at all. i head a lot of good things but no avail it was very disappointing. I went there with my girlfriend and they sat me in a room full of family in the atrium not impressive. The gentlemen that greeted me was a snob. I'm a regular @ Insignia and visited Black stone,I know people there and even when i did not know them they were pleasant not like Rare650 it was like i was doing him a favor dinning there. Just food for thought.Special Features: